Mrs Meldrum #26 Del Boy & Rodney got nothing on Reb, cashmere kitchen roll she’s always on the beg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have 1 child non school age
2 in state primary

For all 6 of us to go skiing would easily be over 6k.

We just finally managed get on property ladder at nearly 40.
We have house to do up.
We brought a modest doer upper in a so so area.

We dident over extend ourselves.
Our eldest is very sporty
Her freind was going

She had only been abroad once before

We could pay in installments which staggered the cost.
To keep costs down we rented and stalked aldis ski event.
She had an amazing time
She loved it
Was quite good at it
The experience if being independent away from family and with freinds.
Practicing speaking another language

Will stay with her forever.

Because mine have few holidays they don't take them for granted.

The meldrums go on so many neilson holidays all the same.
S said tbe one she enjoyed most was Tui when they were not stuck in kids club and explored outside the complex.

She looked sad at times at disney land.

I hope they have fab ski holiday be fab experience for the girls

We all have different priorities
We make our own choices

Meldrums are so tight spending money on things that may benefit the girl's.

Nothing wrong with week off school in term time but several.
Its not like lees on rigs and cant get time off.

The kids are their cash cow
Essentially earning money
Child models

They seem to have no decent role models or people looking out for them.

They will get shock as adults when they realise they have to pay for clothes holidays and meals.

Rebs influence spend money get a bigger bum.

Never stick at anything
Lie
Be shouty

Are the kids living their best life
Dumped on grand parents and clubs
Parents constantly on phone
Lack privacy
Lack of attentive parents
A inconsistent life style and routine

Yes they live in a big house
Yes lots holidays and nice clothes.

But you can't buy lost childhood privacy or time spent.

Child models actors work restricted hours
Money earned ia our aside in savings in their name.

Government need to act now to protect these kids .
I’m not sure where you get your figures from. Of course a skiing trip could cost 6k but it doesn’t have to by any means, my husband and son took a last minute deal snowboarding for 6 days £536. Fantastic time together and great opportunity. There’s assorts of different options. I guess by choosing private secondary you have different pressures and if skiing trips are the thing, kids can feel left out if not included. And with 2 kids heading from primary towards secondary you have those increased private costs coming.
Our state school offered a school ski trip this year, was over £1000. Not good value for money whatever the experience. The £300 trip to Germany I do consider good value.
It’s all about personal choices.
I would love a free family skiing holiday to be honest. I struggle with giving the kids opportunities that I can’t give to all.
I think their choices and oversharing far more damaging long term.

Reactions: 5
Can we stop on the education chat pretty please. It's turning into bloody mumsnet in here. ?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
But I think the point of homework in a lot of cases is to help guide parents to supporting their children. Some parents don’t know where to start in terms of how to help and support with their child’s education so at least with the homework it gives them an idea of what they should be focusing on with their child. I also think it’s a good idea for children to learn from an earlier age the importance of constant learning. It’s good for children to understand about controlling and managing your own learning outside of school/college/university and that there isn’t always going to be someone there to tell you what to do
The schools I’ve had kids at, the teachers have been very clear that homework is generally parent requested and that many staff don’t agree. Many teachers (and heads I’ve met) don’t agree with weekly spellings either.
I don’t agree it’s at all important at such a young age and prefer to encourage a general love of learning/exploring etc. I think homework can switch some children off.

Reactions: 2
Sorry, I fuelled it out of frustration that it was assumed that Scotland had few private schools and they must be cheap if there were any. It hurt my national pride ?.
I’ve got a grip on myself now!

All these questions about the pigs she could have just asked “the guinea pig man” yesterday?
What is it with asking advice of the sheep?
Sorry no offence taken

I had read and heard Scottish state education so good that i assumed less private.

I dident assume they were cheap.
Some Scottish provate schools expensive
Prince Charles went to 1.

Some teachers say the devolved snp education had dumbed down state educational.

As its such a different system i cant compare ofsted reports or exam results.

But it's probably same as here.
The more affluent areas have great state schools and parents boost that with extra curricular activities and tutor.

A big part of education studies have shown is having involved supportive and educated parents its not all about the school.
Or private is better than state argument

I read on mumsnet that kids get into local schools they dont have the admissions stress to get into good local schools like England
I guess due to space at school and population density its impossible English school's to give everyone a place.

Also i guess having role models look up to and aspire to have a well paid career.

I wonder that the kids want to be.

I wonder how they answer what do your parents do.

I guess most other freinds dads work.

Financially we will never know the truth
I hope they are saying some of ad money for the kids futures.

Reactions: 4
[emoji2362] oh gee whiz - can we get off private school and homework chat, this isn’t Mumsnet?

Also, the huge essays are getting more and more difficult to read. I’m sure they could be shortened into something more succinct.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I’m not sure where you get your figures from. Of course a skiing trip could cost 6k but it doesn’t have to by any means, my husband and son took a last minute deal snowboarding for 6 days £536. Fantastic time together and great opportunity. There’s assorts of different options. I guess by choosing private secondary you have different pressures and if skiing trips are the thing, kids can feel left out if not included. And with 2 kids heading from primary towards secondary you have those increased private costs coming.
Our state school offered a school ski trip this year, was over £1000. Not good value for money whatever the experience. The £300 trip to Germany I do consider good value.
It’s all about personal choices.
I would love a free family skiing holiday to be honest. I struggle with giving the kids opportunities that I can’t give to all.
I think their choices and oversharing far more damaging long term.
I wouldent turn down a free holiday?

I would Love to travel more

But i accept we make choices
We cant afford it all

The biggest issue with influencers
Is they portraying a life style even wealthy well paid working processionals cant keep up with.

Its unrealistic

We know most if its for free
Not all the sheep seem to grasp this.

I have some very wealthy freinds old money less materialistic than the meldrums.

My mum said no to ski trip as single parent we just couldent afford it.

We said no to france and Spain trip last year
The ski was the 1 big one.

Her siblings will get same opportunity when they year same year group.
We try treat them all equally so when they go seniors they will get a phone and laptop.
They will all do primary residential
We spend equal small amounts on birthdays and Xmas we try teach them

Value of money
Being careful with money
Appreciating opportunities
Working hard.
Getting on with others even if very different
Private speech therapy was money well spent.
Having goals and sticking to them.
Music instrument has been frustrating at times but its about persevering ane challenging themselves

We go without things for them.
They have a stable roof over their head
They all at great schools
They have lots lovely freinds from all over and different backgrounds.

What exactly are the meldrums teaching them?
Why is pt
Gym
Big bum
Excessive holidays
Loads if clothes
Gin

All so important to them?

Yes i will forever be skint
Yes i use box dyes

But hopefully we have our priorities straight and they turn out to be well rounded individuals ready to face the world either get a job or go uni.

We joke one of them do welll and support us in old age.

Where as rebs parents are old age and they probably still funding her or will be expected to be their safety net when the bubble bursts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Financially we’ll never know the truth. But we can have a good stab at it. F and F clothing is £1000 plus alone.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
[emoji2362] oh gee whiz - can we get off private school and homework chat, this isn’t Mumsnet?

Also, the huge essays are getting more and more difficult to read. I’m sure they could be shortened into something more succinct.
My points more succinct ?

Meldrums

1. non supportive of education
  2. poor role models with work ethic
3) weird priorities
4 )tight with their money
5 )excessive holidays a lot of school missed
6)they moan a lot about everything but many problems are of their own making.
7)super shallow and materialistic
8)very insular they dont go far or like mixing with others

9)contradiction around finance issues like overpaying mortgage.
They said they had no savings
They say they can't afford something's then buy random others

Personal training
Reiki
Therapy
Pressure washer
Golf
Random night away.

Reactions: 6
More sheep escaping on you tube

Subscribers and veiws are down

She obviously doesn't care, that's why I commented she should close it. She's making no effort to engage current or gain new followers, now with the comment restrictions she can sit on her Rami acquired arse even more. There's £££s to be made on IG, which I'm no fan of compared to you tube for vids. I'm no way interested in ANYONE enough to let them in to my life at a time and point that suits them with their innsne ramblings (not just MrsM) and then literally disappear when it suits them Stuff that I've got a bloody life!

Reactions: 5
Right guys. We’ve had about 90 posts on education/paying for it/homework/free ski holidays/paying for holidays...

At the end of the day, Reb & Pat don’t give a tiny guinea pigs ass.

They will continue to bleep out their kids, exploiting their privacy irrespective of being at a state or private school, paying for holidays or not etc etc.

Can we just move on and go back to being proper grown ups who enjoy slating Edgy’s hair and her knob of a husband, the absolute leg end Lee.

Cheers guys!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
H
Right guys. We’ve had about 90 posts on education/paying for it/homework/free ski holidays/paying for holidays...

At the end of the day, Reb & Pat don’t give a tiny guinea pigs ass.

They will continue to bleep out their kids, exploiting their privacy irrespective of being at a state or private school, paying for holidays or not etc etc.

Can we just move on and go back to being proper grown ups who enjoy slating Edgy’s hair and her knob of a husband, the absolute leg end Lee.

Cheers guys!
Here here!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.