Mrs Meldrum #26 Del Boy & Rodney got nothing on Reb, cashmere kitchen roll she’s always on the beg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1 final point

The whole insta mum/infleuncers thing wont go on forever.

Now you tube restricting comments on kids and less advertisers using you tube platform for ads.

Its why she loves insta so much

Thats where the money is.
They are taking no steps to protect children.
They deleted lolas page.

She hardly ever does muxh with her fb and blog these days apart from ads.

Its been said they they taking all the freebies they can get before it all ends.

Lees claims they investing their money in overpaying the mortgage.
As we saw in jan they incapable of not spending or keeping to a budget.
We have seen recently they hate buying the kids things

Ie private ski lessons are too expensive
They brought f a 2nd hand bike and s bike looks a bit small.

I have shown from linked blog last night and we seen for ourselves from you tube and insta they just dont value education.
Its also very clear despite reb going to ubi herself shes not the brightest spark in tbe box.
Neither of them can spell
They both say stupid things
They have weird priorities

They say they love travel and culture but seldom expose themselves to it.

They contradict themselves all the time

They make out they affluent and financially sensible and savy i have my doubts.

If shes as anti social at school playground as playgroup it's doubtful she has many freinds at school.
They lead such insular lives even more so now they moved.
They really dont go far or seem very involved in their local community.

They have spare time but you don't see them volunteering .
Being passionate about fundraising for local charities.
Not sure whats happening lees golf thing.

Lee says he has regrets about education and i always wonder why he doesnt aspire better for his kids?

Obviously rebs had a more charmed and affluent upbringing than lee.
I cant fault lee he does spend lots time with them and enjoys spending time hes not running away from them.
Be is knob for over sharing
For being loud and embarrassing

Rebs at several times been very bgative and dismissive of school. Teachers and other kids in s class dident she moan on social media about 1 boy breaching schools social media policy..

Both hum drums think nothing of invading other kids and locals privacy.
As a parent in thier child's year this woukd make me cautious about having anything fo do with them.
This may make it harder for s socially as shes quite shy and lacks confidence.

She probably thinks brexits a biscuit.
Nobe if us know what will happen to the economy.
Shes in a very insecure industry and lee doesnt work.

All their eggs are in 1 basket.
We have no idea how affluent parents are as maybe a lot if their wealth is tied up in property.

If the economy takes a downturn
They overpaid for current house
They try to sell the murder mansion at a loss or worse negative equity.

Im puzzled why they don't retrain as further adult education can be costly.
Or invest in rental property

I don't feel like they future proof
I think they will struggle when the bubble bursts.

They have already booked 2 abroad holidays which probably mean 3 to 4 weeks out of school for s.

I don't know what they value.
They so shallow and materialistic
They waste so much money

I grew up working class family
Single parent
I went to uni
State comp

My husband
Working class family
State comp
No a leveks or uni but has well paid job 50k a year.

We have 4 kids
We not wealthy by all means
We just brought a house in our late 30/40s
We rented before
We will have to revovate over time and make so.

The kids have lots extra curricular activities sports instruments ect that cost money
We have used private tuition and speech therapy.
We drive a used boring family sized car
We can't afford go abroad as family this year.
We only had 1 family holiday abroad once.
Not sure if we manage a few days in devon.
We buy 2nd hand clothes
Shop at cheaper shops and discount supermarkets

The 1 thing we agreed on is education and hobbies is most important as it sets them ip for life.

I know many families some from other cultures who really value uk education as its a way out.

It enables our children to hopefully get a good career.
Earn good money
And hopefully be self sufficient in adult parents in the future.

I have freinds who sacrifice a lot to get their kids into the best schools.
Eldest recently went on ski trip with school.

It meant paying in installments
Eldest doing chores
Aldo ski event family brought some things as xmas presents.
Hiring jacket and trousers

She had a lovely time such an experience we couldent afford as family.

My kids are very appreciative of opportunities they have.
They know we value education and school and are always involved in homework.

Its sad the meldrum kids are at such a disadvantage.

When it all dries up and they behind
Will kids resent them
To be fair you’ve no idea if the Meldrum children are disadvantaged. All we have are a few comments and the missed school. The head could’ve said that she was doing well and the holidays were ok. In posts I’ve seen s seems quite serious and studious. She may well be doing set homework.
It’s more concerning that they over expose them and have chosen such an unsettled way of life at home and that they are constantly advertising different things. Companies that use children should have strict rules and money they’ve earned should be theirs (in trust or whatever) for their futures.

Reactions: 7
She's 8 this year, think Reb's blurb on YouTube still says they're 6 & 4, but that just goes to show how lazy she is, can't even update her own description once a year! ?
Noticed that when I looked on her blog.. mum to 'two littles' yet the latest videos are adverts containing Poppy! ?
She's certainly tit at editing her social media information. It's all out of date. What exactly DOES she edit?
Symptomatic of the lazy attitude towards work, anything that requires an effort, whether it's kids homework, decorating, COOKING she cannot be arsed.
She should just shut down her you tube channel. She cares nothing for it now.

Reactions: 10
View attachment 7145Does Verruca still have her blog? She's pretty talented with the written word, such a gift with language all of her own... Checkpeas anyone?
She writes without any proper punctuation too... Check out the so so long sentence starting 'S is enjoying' ? (phew, I need to take breath!).
As for her spelling! Wow! I can see how she's been approached to become a best selling author, what a cocunt she is.
Yes i noticed that shes such a good writer eh.

But her book has few words and baloons!

Sorry if sent thread off in tangent about private schools.

I have done both sectors so have no preference.

Not saying 1 is better than the other.

I just did phonics and reading when mine were infants as our primary just gave out that.

My teenager gets loads homework
Also lots tests to revise for.

We invested in good desk laptop and printer to enable her to do homework.
On weekends we dont go out until homework done.

I agree at infants homework not vital.

But s has missed 8 weeks of school lessons.
Her parents have said she struggles with work.
Speech
Freinds
Organisation skills.

I don't think this is s fault at all.

Its her reckless short sighted parents.

Onky last week s has to make this

But going out for walk
Then we going to parents for meal
So we are going to have to make it tonight which is not ideal as cuts into adult time.

Each holiday mounts up
Each year mounts up
Having a teenager it goes so quick

Collectively i feel they are damaging their kids education and making their social life much harder.

No amount free holidays will make up for poor education and lack of skills or qualifications.

Noticed that when I looked on her blog.. mum to 'two littles' yet the latest videos are adverts containing Poppy! ?
She's certainly tit at editing her social media information. It's all out of date. What exactly DOES she edit?
Symptomatic of the lazy attitude towards work, anything that requires an effort, whether it's kids homework, decorating, COOKING she cannot be arsed.
She should just shut down her you tube channel. She cares nothing for it now.
Exactly. Get a real job. One that doesn’t involve a half assed advert for clothing or wet wipes.

• Haha
Why on earth are we discussing private schools??? ?
Sorry, I fuelled it out of frustration that it was assumed that Scotland had few private schools and they must be cheap if there were any. It hurt my national pride ?.
I’ve got a grip on myself now!

All these questions about the pigs she could have just asked “the guinea pig man” yesterday?
What is it with asking advice of the sheep?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes i noticed that shes such a good writer eh.

But her book has few words and baloons!

Sorry if sent thread off in tangent about private schools.

I have done both sectors so have no preference.

Not saying 1 is better than the other.

I just did phonics and reading when mine were infants as our primary just gave out that.

My teenager gets loads homework
Also lots tests to revise for.

We invested in good desk laptop and printer to enable her to do homework.
On weekends we dont go out until homework done.

I agree at infants homework not vital.

But s has missed 8 weeks of school lessons.
Her parents have said she struggles with work.
Speech
Freinds
Organisation skills.

I don't think this is s fault at all.

Its her reckless short sighted parents.

Onky last week s has to make this

But going out for walk
Then we going to parents for meal
So we are going to have to make it tonight which is not ideal as cuts into adult time.

Each holiday mounts up
Each year mounts up
Having a teenager it goes so quick

Collectively i feel they are damaging their kids education and making their social life much harder.

No amount free holidays will make up for poor education and lack of skills or qualifications.
Education is very important. Your post did point out though that you paid for a school ski holiday for your child that you as a family could not afford, this giving her opportunities not open to you as a family. But if you didn’t choose to pay for private education on the wages you described you might be able to pay for family skiing holidays with that money and children in state school. Everyone makes different choices. But I don’t see paying for the school to take a child skiing as more beneficial than the Meldrum s getting a free skiing holiday as a family, I think actually that will be a lovely holiday for S and F although maybe not P. They will get something out of that one.
Your choice to put 4 kids through private schools is your families choice on spending money and what you feel is important to you, but then you go without in other areas.
I don’t think it’s right to keep taking kids out of school to sit in kids clubs on holiday resorts.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 7145Does Verruca still have her blog? She's pretty talented with the written word, such a gift with language all of her own... Checkpeas anyone?
She writes without any proper punctuation too... Check out the so so long sentence starting 'S is enjoying' ? (phew, I need to take breath!).
As for her spelling! Wow! I can see how she's been approached to become a best selling author, what a cocunt she is.
That’s sad. So she was unsupportive from the get go. I know some of you are anti homework and I do know there is a lot of research that says that it probably doesn’t have any benefit at all in primary. But I think there is a big difference between not forcing your child to do homework versus actively taking them out of school for multiple holidays and gifted theatre trips on a schoolday and to essentially work for monetary gain advertising Nielsen holidays.

And whatever your views on homework I think if you child comes home from school engaged and eager to do homework and extra work then it is criminal to discourage them.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
We have parents at my children’s school who work 4 days a week and give one afternoon of their free afternoon a week to go and help/read at school. Katie mummydaddyme alludes to the fact that she goes in to help at her daughters’ school. The meldrums have two parents who are home 24/7 and have plenty of time to do things for themselves yet neither of them can give any time at all to help. S seems like a sensitive little soul, I’m sure it would make her happy if one of her parents went into school to help. It would probably really help her confidence. And would be a great example for the girls.

Reactions: 13
We have parents at my children’s school who work 4 days a week and give one afternoon of their free afternoon a week to go and help/read at school. Katie mummydaddyme alludes to the fact that she goes in to help at her daughters’ school. The meldrums have two parents who are home 24/7 and have plenty of time to do things for themselves yet neither of them can give any time at all to help. S seems like a sensitive little soul, I’m sure it would make her happy if one of her parents went into school to help. It would probably really help her confidence. And would be a great example for the girls.
I would love to go in and help and my kid would love it if I did! Did I read someone say that she didn’t go in to a class thing S had? My children would be so gutted and there’s no excuse for that. Being supportive and present (if you can) is so important.

Sorry, I fuelled it out of frustration that it was assumed that Scotland had few private schools and they must be cheap if there were any. It hurt my national pride ?.

All these questions about the pigs she could have just asked “the guinea pig man” yesterday?
Exactly. Do your research; crom the farmer you bought them from, who likely knows them better than anyone. Do some research with Pets at Home; ask questions. Then consolidate all this in a really good vlog explaining how to add guinea pigs to your family. The emphasis being on the most effective transition for the animals to become happy in their new home.

Reactions: 11

Don’t instagram business get pay rates based on engagement? I’m pretty sure engagement is more important for deals than the number of followers you have. Which is why some with only a few followers get good deals with some brands. So ask followers daft questions, get loads responses, boost engagement figures. FOD does this all the time.

Time for a new thread? Which one got more votes? Anyone knows? Thanks?

Education is very important. Your post did point out though that you paid for a school ski holiday for your child that you as a family could not afford, this giving her opportunities not open to you as a family. But if you didn’t choose to pay for private education on the wages you described you might be able to pay for family skiing holidays with that money and children in state school. Everyone makes different choices. But I don’t see paying for the school to take a child skiing as more beneficial than the Meldrum s getting a free skiing holiday as a family, I think actually that will be a lovely holiday for S and F although maybe not P. They will get something out of that one.
Your choice to put 4 kids through private schools is your families choice on spending money and what you feel is important to you, but then you go without in other areas.
I don’t think it’s right to keep taking kids out of school to sit in kids clubs on holiday resorts.
I have 1 child non school age
2 in state primary

For all 6 of us to go skiing would easily be over 6k.

We just finally managed get on property ladder at nearly 40.
We have house to do up.
We brought a modest doer upper in a so so area.

We dident over extend ourselves.
Our eldest is very sporty
Her freind was going

She had only been abroad once before

We could pay in installments which staggered the cost.
To keep costs down we rented and stalked aldis ski event.
She had an amazing time
She loved it
Was quite good at it
The experience if being independent away from family and with freinds.
Practicing speaking another language

Will stay with her forever.

Because mine have few holidays they don't take them for granted.

The meldrums go on so many neilson holidays all the same.
S said tbe one she enjoyed most was Tui when they were not stuck in kids club and explored outside the complex.

She looked sad at times at disney land.

I hope they have fab ski holiday be fab experience for the girls

We all have different priorities
We make our own choices

Meldrums are so tight spending money on things that may benefit the girl's.

Nothing wrong with week off school in term time but several.
Its not like lees on rigs and cant get time off.

The kids are their cash cow
Essentially earning money
Child models

They seem to have no decent role models or people looking out for them.

They will get shock as adults when they realise they have to pay for clothes holidays and meals.

Rebs influence spend money get a bigger bum.

Never stick at anything
Lie
Be shouty

Are the kids living their best life
Dumped on grand parents and clubs
Parents constantly on phone
Lack privacy
Lack of attentive parents
A inconsistent life style and routine

Yes they live in a big house
Yes lots holidays and nice clothes.

But you can't buy lost childhood privacy or time spent.

Child models actors work restricted hours
Money earned ia our aside in savings in their name.

Government need to act now to protect these kids .

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Mrs Meldrum #27 all hail Bubblegum & Daisy, the guinea pigs coming home to almost mortgage free digs.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I would love to go in and help and my kid would love it if I did! Did I read someone say that she didn’t go in to a class thing S had? My children would be so gutted and there’s no excuse for that. Being supportive and present (if you can) is so important.
So many parents would love to do it but don’t have the time, they have jobs! The meldrums are so lucky to have time to do things like this but they can’t be bothered. And you are right, not attending an assembly when you can is inexcusable. They are so so selfish.

It’s a tangent as not relevant to Melds yet but most TA’s and teachers I know don’t actually agree with this. Homework is not important at all ages, reading is very important. Reading too and with your children is the best thing you can do. Spellings/weekly homework and termly projects are not. (Not saying I don’t do them)
2 of my older children actually attended a secondary school that does not set homework. The school has very good results.
The key is you support your child and you support the school.
If the child learns the importance of homework from day one they will carry that through the whole of their education.

Reactions: 9
It’s a tangent as not relevant to Melds yet but most TA’s and teachers I know don’t actually agree with this. Homework is not important at all ages, reading is very important. Reading too and with your children is the best thing you can do. Spellings/weekly homework and termly projects are not. (Not saying I don’t do them)
2 of my older children actually attended a secondary school that does not set homework. The school has very good results.
The key is you support your child and you support the school.
But I think the point of homework in a lot of cases is to help guide parents to supporting their children. Some parents don’t know where to start in terms of how to help and support with their child’s education so at least with the homework it gives them an idea of what they should be focusing on with their child. I also think it’s a good idea for children to learn from an earlier age the importance of constant learning. It’s good for children to understand about controlling and managing your own learning outside of school/college/university and that there isn’t always going to be someone there to tell you what to do

Reactions: 6
Finally a welcome to Bubblegum & Daisy
to a lifestyle that's just plain crazy.
Verruca & Bunion are so so lazy
they'll sell any bit of tat that paysee

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.