Mrs Meldrum #25 One night away paid by Lee, oh sorry forgot to declare it but it’s free!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon the whole getting a second hand bike thing is because they don’t want to spend full whack on a new one because they know(hope) they’ll be sent one for free!
Well we know the Meldrums all to well??anything for a freebie!!

Reactions: 5
I agree with leaving Florence's speech as a do not discuss topic. I think we can critise their parents and their parenting style (to a point) but the girls should be off limits. They didn't choose this life.

Reactions: 11
Thought the insta story of him doing F’s hair is sweet. Different times but I’d have loved my dad to do that!

Reactions: 8
Florence’s speech has been mentioned earlier in this thread and as a parent myself with a child that has speech issues I was concerned sorry I don’t think I said anything wrong. Of course I wasn’t directing it at a 4 year old she doesnt read here? But then again her own mum talks about her own body issues in front of her so who knows! I was voicing concern she won’t be getting the help needed because they don’t seem to address anything was my point! But hopefully I’m wrong and they have

Reactions: 12
They may be addressing the issue with F but choosing not to discuss it as it's a private issue

• Haha
I dont think its right that your commenting on a little girls speech.. my nearly 4 year old has had major problems with her speech and weve been under the speech therapist for ages.. we are doing al we can to try and sort it out. One of my big concerns is her going to school and being left behind.
She won't be left behind, she's still only 3 and you're already trying to help her, Florence is 4 and a half, and presumably they've done nothing, or we'd have heard all about it by now!

Isn’t Florence supposed to be starting school this year? Her speech is quite worrying, my 2 year old can talk clearer.
They’re the kind of parents that wouldn’t accept the help if offered to them probably, the nursery will be referring her for speech therapy at school there’s no doubt about it but they will probably see it as trolling instead of constructive criticism ?
If they don’t take her to groups and things they may not realise that her speech is delayed(although they clearly read here) but nursery’s generally don’t make SALT referrals at that age. My youngest has delayed speech but the SALTs won’t look into it until she’s 5(she’s 4 in July)

More one on one time with 2 sat at home parents? Or did they do that to try and make themselves look good????? Well that backfired looool

Reactions: 6
They’d be damned if they did and damned if they didn’t with this one ??‍♀
Actually they wouldn’t. As a parent, your primary focus is on your child and their development.

These two (especially Pat) don’t go for a tit without doing a story or grid post about it so I would be willing to put some of my own dolla on it that they haven’t done anything regarding her speech.

The comments made regarding Florence’s speech are not as a direct criticism of the child, it’s the fact that these two are at home 24/7, can focus their energy in getting her prepared for school etc yet they do nothing about it.

If they had been doing something about her speech, Reb could easily have had that as some relatable, organic content - we probably all know of a child who had SALT or who is in the process of being referred.

Instead of policing the comments made by others on these threads and coming up with posts of why you don’t like particular comments, just move past them and ignore them.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Actually they wouldn’t. As a parent, your primary focus is on your child and their development.

These two (especially Pat) don’t go for a tit without doing a story or grid post about it so I would be willing to put some of my own dolla on it that they haven’t done anything regarding her speech.

The comments made regarding Florence’s speech are not as a direct criticism of the child, it’s the fact that these two are at home 24/7, can focus their energy in getting her prepared for school etc yet they do nothing about it.

If they had been doing something about her speech, Reb could easily have had that as some relatable, organic content - we probably all know of a child who had SALT or who is in the process of being referred.

Instead of policing the comments made by others on these threads and coming up with posts of why you don’t like particular comments, just move past them and ignore them.
Mighty rich. Why don’t you ignore and move past mine?

I just think it’s below the belt to talk about Florence’s speech issues. Yabber on about it all you like, but I’m entitled to my opinion, just as you are to yours.

• Haha
I’m wondering if she knows it’s all going down the pan and is just taking any and all advertising opportunities to build up enough money to survive when it does!
Absolutely no effort whatsoever going into her content, even the ads are lazy.
Wonder when advertisers are going to realise that they’re doing more harm than good to their business by using the likes of her. I wouldn’t buy anything she recommends at this stage. In fact, it would put me off the brand altogether.

If getting her help, they probably want to keep it a private matter as to not embarrass Florrie or overexpose her personal issues...oh wait, this is Meldrums we’re talking about.

Last edited:
I think most of us on here that hard work like our partners, we probably have a better family life and a better relationship with our children than this two that are home all day every day, we manage a clean and tidy house, cook our own meals, and spend quality time with our children more than this two seem too. My children, although much older than the Meldrums ones, have never ask me for one on one time. Judging by this two, I much rather have the life I have now without feeling guilty or had when they were smaller, then this two that even knowing they home all day, seem to be missing rather important matters concerning their children, not to mention they expose them to all kinds of weirdness on the internet!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My sons speech delay had been picked up already and at 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 we went to special play and music groups specifically for children with delayed speech. His was picked up at his 2year check and then followed up for 6 months.

I wasn’t concerned as knew it’s as because his big brother did everything for him and he didn’t have to say a word before big bro was there getting him a drink/snack playing etc. He soon caught up. Big strapping 17yr old now who has a huge vocabulary and can barely be quiet even talks in his sleep!

Mighty rich. Why don’t you ignore and move past mine?

I just think it’s below the belt to talk about Florence’s speech issues. Yabber on about it all you like, but I’m entitled to my opinion, just as you are to yours.
You’ve not commented on a thread since Thread 12... now all of a sudden you have an opinion... ?

Keeping things private so as not to embarrass the children, that’s a laugh, she told us all about F’s embarrassing incident at the school which would mortify anybody, poor girl.
People can’t “unknow” things they have told us either.

Mrs Meldrum #26 Hello fresh dishonesty and transparency, with this two there’s always #plentyrewards

• Haha
You’ve not commented on a thread since Thread 12... now all of a sudden you have an opinion... ?
Didn’t realise I had to comment on every thread in order to be allowed an opinion...

As I said before, I have a child a similar age with speech issues and it’d break my heart if he was spoken about in such a way. Is that a good enough reason for you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.