Mrs Meldrum #20 AD Some Items In This Thread Have Been Gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Walk a mile in her shoes.
While I agree that everyone is going to have a different opinion. I don't think Rebecca has ever thought about the vulnerable people that have looked up to her and bought products that they can't afford thinking that a friend has made a recommendation or wondering why they can't afford holidays and everything else that has been "gifted" in the past and not declared. Maybe she should walk a mile in their shoes and try to understand why what she is doing is morally wrong. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

Reactions: 19
MELDRUMS - here are your 15 twats, not trolling but supporting each other. Propping up those with actual problems. Clearly not all bad and perhaps if you were more open to it, and enabled it, we would also have remained followers AND supported you in what appears to be a stressful time. But no.
All I’m saying is....clearly we are arseholes, with ♥ s

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That lamp in her latest story was gifted by next. Undeclared. Was part of their working together

Reactions: 14
Don’t you think someone should make Channel Mum aware ie Meldrums employer! That she’s causing someone to feel even more tit about their situation that they feel the need to come on here and are feeling suicidal! She is causing all this! What the hell has Hello Fresh got to do with placing her energy in things....what an absolute idiot!

Reactions: 5
Can the channel mum thing be posted on Instagram extremely important I think that the managers are pushing anxiety
Personally I think it's a good thing if it's being addressed (not pushed) but it's vital that influencers themselves don't fake or patronise, none of them are trained and its imperative to have great signposting to proper services that can help. I've seen more helpful and sincere support in here this last hour than ever on channelbum peddlers. Much love everyone. ❤

Silent reader..... does anyone remember the tin foil advertisement? For me that really screamed desperate for money. “Oh when the children are bored we make swans out of tin foil. It’s a game changer”??????
I thought you were going to say that she made lovely tin foil hats for her "followers". ?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I do have some issues with the way some of the Channel Mum vloggers operate. (Mostly my grievance is when they don't respond to your messages or comments-like they're too important. But, Rebecca never EVER responds to any positive conversation or comment I have ever made to her from my personal or professional pages. Maybe if she supported and helped start up pages ..they in turn would support her hugely when they're successful and it would help her seem more relatable and down to earth. #justsaying. That's something I want to do when we have reached a decent following.)
Having said all of that, THIS is probably going to prove a very unpopular opinion. But for some reason today I feel compelled to share it! Eek.
I do think sometimes it goes too far on this thread. Think about it.. if you were trying to make your living with now very OTT advertising rules and constant negativety/abuse and you read this forum about yourself... How would you feel? I'm guessing very low. Very worried. Very sad at times. Walk a mile in her shoes. She must feel very low. Imagine thinking that everyone in your town is talking about you, it must be bloody awful.
I am a mental health professional myself and to be honest she may have aggravated lots of people with her anxiety talk. But, just because she hasn't been formally diagnosed doesn't mean she isn't anxious. Come on people. You can't say she isn't suffering just because there is no formal diagnosis...we all know that is bullshit.
Many have the opinion that she should probably just not do this job it it is causing her to feel like this... I totally understand her wanting to do something that enables her to bring up her children without childcare... a job where you are your own boss. I'm currently on that path myself. That's the bloody dream! So I understand her trying to work through all the negativity.
Now, I'm not here to have a go. But I thought it might be nice for everyone to reflect on what they're actually saying and realise that she is only human with all the same worries and feelings as us.
I know this will probably prove unpopular but we are here to share our opinions and this is mine. ??
You’re absolutely right, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Just to give my two cents: anything that is discussed on this thread in regard to The Meldrums is as a direct result of how they have chosen to conduct themselves and their business, right in the eye of a viewing public.

Whilst then it may be a very bitter pill for Rebecca to swallow seeing the criticism she faces, she has chosen this career. She has chosen to share the good, the bad and the ugly. Her life, her brand, her image, her style, it’s all available for public consumption, at her own choosing.

No one is holding a gun to Rebecca’s head and forcing her to share her whole life online. No one forces her to accept gifts then publicly lie about doing so. No one forces her to go on an all expenses paid holiday then act like she funded it herself.

Just the same as we are all entitled to have opinions, we are entitled to make choices about how we wish to live our lives.

For every comment Rebecca may have read on here that makes her feel bad about herself, how many people do you think are out there that bought into her whole stay at home mum persona and found themselves doubting and questioning their own lives.. why couldn’t they go on 3 holidays a year? Why couldn’t their husband give up work? Why can’t they just go to Primark and spend £100 on clothes for themselves at the drop of a hat?

It’s a two way street. As soon as Rebecca begins to empathise sincerely with others, perhaps then she will be given the same courtesy.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Clearly they have some flexability at channel mum towers

She doesn't promote random stuff like laundry products.
Next delivery
Any old random crap.

She's choosy
Latest ad not on the high street so supporting lots smaller retailers.

She's talked about all the stuff shes brought for her home. Where they from why shes picked them.

She's done hello fresh ads
Garmin ads
Matalan but done them all a lot better.
Her Halfords bike ad was amazing compared to lee and his free camping adventure

Yes she gets free holidays but her travel vlogs are amazing ads.

She's never tried to hide if Holliday is gifted ir heavily discounted
Yes Lee’s free camping equipment ad was a disgrace, one night 22 miles up the road in Ballater?free tent, 4 sleeping bags, other equipment ?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
MELDRUMS - here are your 15 twats, not trolling but supporting each other. Propping up those with actual problems. Clearly not all bad and perhaps if you were more open to it, and enabled it, we would also have remained followers AND supported you in what appears to be a stressful time. But no.
All I’m saying is....clearly we are arseholes, with ♥ s
This is exactly what I was about to write. There's definitely more to us than just a bunch of twats....

While I agree that everyone is going to have a different opinion. I don't think Rebecca has ever thought about the vulnerable people that have looked up to her and bought products that they can't afford thinking that a friend has made a recommendation or wondering why they can't afford holidays and everything else that has been "gifted" in the past and not declared. Maybe she should walk a mile in their shoes and try to understand why what she is doing is morally wrong. Those are the people I feel sorry for.
??????????

Reactions: 9
The problem I have is because she has lied so much in the past and bullshit comes out of her mouth daily it’s very hard to believe anything she says. Every time there has been a backlash on her social media she retreats and says she’s having time away. It just so happens there was a lot of backlash the past week and she’s realised she can’t get away with what she’s been doing with her business and out comes the mental health/me time card again. Then she says she’s pulled up her positive pants and it’s back to “water off ducks back again”. It’s very hard to keep up as she is all over the place. Everything she does is very carefully thought out and sneaky/decieving. Sadly, once you have displayed this kind of behaviour it’s hard to believe someone or take their word for it. Everyone here is extremely sympathetic to mental health and of course no one can tell her or say she’s lying as we don’t know. However, we all tread with caution because of her track record and how these little outpouring of emotions are always placed at the most convenient times.

To the poster who is saying she must be having an awful time/people speaking about her etc. Honestly, she’s had so many opportunities to change the way people perceive her and actually be a nice person but she’s so mean and unkind to people. So if people aren’t nice to her or witch about her behind her back then it’s no-ones fault but her own. Im sure she’s having a horrible time, but she can’t be that bothered as she continues to bury her head in the sand. If you don’t like the way people see you or talk about you, perhaps it’s time to reflect and admit that maybe it IS something you’re doing and not everyone else around you ?

Reactions: 17
Yes Lee’s free camping equipment ad was a disgrace, one night 22 miles up the road in Ballater?free tent, 4 sleeping bags, other equipment ?
I Missed that one! And the tin foil swans lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Are you in need of anything? Adult conversation? I’ve no idea where you’re based but I’ve spent long periods of time in hospital with my eldest - first as a baby and then as a teenager with cancer - I know how awful it is. Xx
@Notenoughgin thank you, I’m okay, have spent a lot of time in hospital with this little one, even though he is only 1, I’m sorry you’ve had a lot of hospital stays with your children especially with cancer, must have been truly terrifying, it is such a hideous experience. My husband is here as much as he can be to give me company and give me a bit of a break as baby won’t settle anywhere other than on me so it’s been very hard but we have 2 other children so he can only come when they are in school/nursery so it’s fleeting visits! Am hoping our stay won’t be as long as previous times!

Reactions: 7
Doesn't sit well with me that channel mum is using mental health as a vehicle, they only care about profit so doubt their approach will be any help to anyone and do more harm.

@Notenoughgin thank you, I’m okay, have spent a lot of time in hospital with this little one, even though he is only 1, I’m sorry you’ve had a lot of hospital stays with your children especially with cancer, must have been truly terrifying, it is such a hideous experience. My husband is here as much as he can be to give me company and give me a bit of a break as baby won’t settle anywhere other than on me so it’s been very hard but we have 2 other children so he can only come when they are in school/nursery so it’s fleeting visits! Am hoping our stay won’t be as long as previous times!
Wishing you all the best, hope you're home soon

Reactions: 11
Lurker here! Been keeping up to date but seldom post!

Just wanted to say I watched Rebs latest video and then one popped up in the suggested vids from 3 years ago. "I'm a terrible wife" I admit I skipped through most of it but what a difference!
It's better edited, she seems lighter and happier and....fun! It got me thinking, between that and Lees batshit behaviour recently. Maybe the reason in her change is....Lee?

Maybe he didn't get to decide to be a stay at home dad maybe he was made redundant? It would explain a lot of the big spends at the time. Car, kitchen and extension.
And it could explain the decline in her content and attitude. The pressure to be the main bread winner now must be huge,making videos is no longer a hobby is a job that's all on you, and that's got to make you a bit bitter. Plus him being around all the time as much as it's a help must be suffocating

Anyway not defending her recent shady behaviour at all she's been terrible at disclosure and behaving like a petulant child at times when questioned about it.

Just my 5 cents worth ?

Lurker here! Been keeping up to date but seldom post!

Just wanted to say I watched Rebs latest video and then one popped up in the suggested vids from 3 years ago. "I'm a terrible wife" I admit I skipped through most of it but what a difference!
It's better edited, she seems lighter and happier and....fun! It got me thinking, between that and Lees batshit behaviour recently. Maybe the reason in her change is....Lee?

Maybe he didn't get to decide to be a stay at home dad maybe he was made redundant? It would explain a lot of the big spends at the time. Car, kitchen and extension.
And it could explain the decline in her content and attitude. The pressure to be the main bread winner now must be huge,making videos is no longer a hobby is a job that's all on you, and that's got to make you a bit bitter. Plus him being around all the time as much as it's a help must be suffocating

Anyway not defending her recent shady behaviour at all she's been terrible at disclosure and behaving like a petulant child at times when questioned about it.

Just my 5 cents worth ?
Possibly, someone in here did elude to him having been made redundant rather than giving up through choice. But why would he not have looked for some thing else? It doesn't add up though, the wonderful Meldrums 2nd channel just being cut when it would have been a good earner. I just think she cannot be assed anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.