Mrs Meldrum 2 - A utility room to die for and #spons stain remover needed for the floor (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another one who agrees she is most dedinitely monitoring these threads! I lurk here but rarely ever post but it's just so obvious!!
The way shes suddenly being OTT nice to her subs and followers, the way shes addressing the heavy #ad content and even as far as mentioning the fact shes cleaned the oven!!
I used to watch her waaaay back. Then the mumsnet thread over bassets vitamins kicked off. The wa she over exaggerated everything, and literally stamped her feet at what was pretty mild criticism for the most part put me right off. She came across as young as she is and incredibly spoiled. And remember the poor cat? When she cried because it peed and sent it back to her Mum and Dad who she was meant to be looking after it for?

Since then I've dipped in and out of videos hoping shes matured. She sadly hasn't.

Reactions: 3
I have had a little think about the funny business regarding their apparent low profits and outstanding bill to the tax man, and how this adds up with them borrowing such a big mortgage. It seems to me that they took a large sum of money out of their company as it was earning it. Of course directors take PAYE salary and dividends, however, if you take retained profits out or more money out than salary plus dividends, HMRC ‘charges’ a fine of 32% of the amount taken out. It’s called s455 tax and it’s done to stop directors taking money out of their limited company without paying tax. So it looks as tho the meldrums took out a considerable amount of limited company money without using the correct channels and now owe the tax man the ‘fine’ if the profits are £20k that incurs a £4K tax bill. They owe HMRC about £18k - I think trying to remember - £18k less 4 corporation tax leaves £14K. This implies they’ve ‘borrowed’/taken from the limited company about £40K. Of course this doesn’t include whatever salary they are paying themselves (which could be tens of thousands) as this comes out before company profits are calculated as it’s considered an expense. Dividends however can only be dished out from profit. Whatever the exact details they lead a very precarious existence as I think the whole you tube influencer bubble is about to pop in a zoflora scented explosion!!

Reactions: 7
She is definitely reading this thread...hence the sudden flurry of pictures and raving about safiya...(poor little thing:oops:)

The big problem is that they are not very interesting...they have no angle, she jumps from one thing to another/book club/jazzercise/horse riding and all those cleaning videos when she always said it was lee that did the cleaning as she was a lazy mare. The cleaning was just away to jump on the back of Mrs Hinch and try and get more subscribers.

The problem is she has no real interests and no job...so she just jumps from thing to thing motivated by money and it shows her to be the unauthentic fake that she is...

Reactions: 7
I’ve often wondered if she has a disability of some sort. Her spine seems humped at the top, has she ever addressed this?

I have had a little think about the funny business regarding their apparent low profits and outstanding bill to the tax man, and how this adds up with them borrowing such a big mortgage. It seems to me that they took a large sum of money out of their company as it was earning it. Of course directors take PAYE salary and dividends, however, if you take retained profits out or more money out than salary plus dividends, HMRC ‘charges’ a fine of 32% of the amount taken out. It’s called s455 tax and it’s done to stop directors taking money out of their limited company without paying tax. So it looks as tho the meldrums took out a considerable amount of limited company money without using the correct channels and now owe the tax man the ‘fine’ if the profits are £20k that incurs a £4K tax bill. They owe HMRC about £18k - I think trying to remember - £18k less 4 corporation tax leaves £14K. This implies they’ve ‘borrowed’/taken from the limited company about £40K. Of course this doesn’t include whatever salary they are paying themselves (which could be tens of thousands) as this comes out before company profits are calculated as it’s considered an expense. Dividends however can only be dished out from profit. Whatever the exact details they lead a very precarious existence as I think the whole you tube influencer bubble is about to pop in a zoflora scented explosion!!
Im glad you have finally said this. People are forgetting they are a limited company so take a wage. It's not the same as a sole trader who puts 20k forward to HMRC and thats what they have actual profit. The meldrums are deducting their salary BEFORE we see the profit posted to HMRC and they will of been taking dividends. So we have no idea what their salary is yet so they could of given themselves a salary/dividends of 100k for all we know.

Reactions: 2
She’s just not very nice, she’s spoiled, self centred and really bloody moody. Lee is a bit of a prat but I don’t dislike him, I just think he’s completely under the thumb! He really needs to get a job and be with men again. Regarding the post about money I think you’ve hit the nail on the head!!! They bought their current house for 130k and sold it for 170k, take out of that the work they’ve had done, bedroom/garage conversion, kitchen up date and I would imagine at most they have 25k equity, takes the price down to 575k for new house ( if they paid full price) they say they’ve over paid the mortgage so that will help but she must be earning a load to be able to get such a hefty mortgage.how much on average does a channel mum vlogger get paid from companies to sell something? Anyone know? She’s not getting huge views either.

Last edited:
I think the whole you tube influencer bubble is about to pop in a zoflora scented explosion!!
Yep agree with you there. Advertising budgets will be the first thing to be cut if there is a recession and lots are infuencers just don't realise how quickly things can and will change. Many naively compaire their monthly income to that of a permie job. So many moaned during the YouTube adpocalypse "it's like your boss suddenly deciding to pay you half" - ridiculous.

Most don't understand basic economics and just think the pattern of the last few years will continue indefinitely.

On another note, why won’t she have Internet? They’ve known this moving date for months! We moved and it was installed up and running same day! If it’s your job it’s even more important!

how much on average does a channel mum vlogger get paid from companies to sell something? Anyone know? She’s not getting huge views either.
To a targeted niche like mums and 100k followers easily 2k or more for three Instagram stories.

She’s just not very nice, she’s spoiled, self centred and really bloody moody. Lee is a bit of a prat but I don’t dislike him, I just think he’s completely under the thumb! He really needs to get a job and be with men again. Regarding the post about money I think you’ve hit the nail on the head!!! They bought their current house for 130k and sold it for 170k, take out of that the work they’ve had done, bedroom/garage conversion, kitchen up date and I would imagine at most they have 25k equity, takes the price down to 575k for new house ( if they paid full price) they say they’ve over paid the mortgage so that will help but she must be earning a load to be able to get such a hefty mortgage.how much on average does a channel mum vlogger get paid from companies to sell something? Anyone know? She’s not getting huge views either.
How much would they be earning for all these ads....does anyone have a realistic idea.....575k that's one hell of a mortgageo_O

I’ve often wondered if she has a disability of some sort. Her spine seems humped at the top, has she ever addressed this?
I think being curved at the spine comes from years of wrong posture due to holding babies and stooping over. I think a lot of mums get the same. Our bodies are never the same after childbirth.

On another note, why won’t she have Internet? They’ve known this moving date for months! We moved and it was installed up and running same day! If it’s your job it’s even more important!
We didn’t get internet to new build which is also my office for weeks with BT either. It was a nightmare!!

Reactions: 1
I think being curved at the spine comes from years of wrong posture due to holding babies and stooping over. I think a lot of mums get the same. Our bodies are never the same after childbirth.
i wonder if thats all it is then. having said that im 6ft tall with 5 kids and have no stoop. hers seems rather pronounced (to me). not that it matters at all...i just wondered.

You’d be amazed how much a kitchen update doesn’t make to a property. Most people have their own style and want to install new one anyway. Someone I know recently was going to install new kitchen and only was gaining £2,000 profit as they asked surveyor. So wasn’t worth them installing new one for sellling

i wonder if thats all it is then. having said that im 6ft tall with 5 kids and have no stoop. hers seems rather pronounced (to me). not that it matters at all...i just wondered.
Yes I noticed it too, and I wondered. Sometimes I notice things and think I’m imagining it, but the great thing about this thread is everyone else has noticed all the things I’ve silently noticed so it’s confirmed I’m not going mad or imagining things!! ?

I think to still have a 20k profit after salaries which she and Mr M will take now as he's also a director. They will be doing okay. They will be paying themselves a decent salary and since they have a profit they will of taken dividends too.

Fair play to them though if they are earning enough to have bought the house alone.

Yip I’ve noticed. She maybe needs to correct her posture with retraining exercises by pushing shoulders back

Yes I noticed it too, and I wondered. Sometimes I notice things and think I’m imagining it, but the great thing about this thread is everyone else has noticed all the things I’ve silently noticed so it’s confirmed I’m not going mad or imagining things!! ?
Reb would have us all down as mad as if you even dare say anything of even polite critismn she’s down on you like tonne of bricks. Thing is in life we’ve all to face good/bad comments and even if those bad comments are blatantly true

She is definitely reading this thread...hence the sudden flurry of pictures and raving about safiya...(poor little thing:oops:)

The big problem is that they are not very interesting...they have no angle, she jumps from one thing to another/book club/jazzercise/horse riding and all those cleaning videos when she always said it was lee that did the cleaning as she was a lazy mare. The cleaning was just away to jump on the back of Mrs Hinch and try and get more subscribers.

The problem is she has no real interests and no job...so she just jumps from thing to thing motivated by money and it shows her to be the unauthentic fake that she is...
That’s what put me off. She had no structure. Jumping from one idea to the next, if reb were to be cross examined in court she’d be all over the place as she can’t remember what she said from one day to the next and its blatantly obvious on her vlogs etc. I just couldn’t watch anymore as I wanted to shout at her for being so stupid. I just watch now and then now for the car crash that it’s become. I’m sorry but it’s true and maybe she will learn from it and get better?

For flip sake guys.....meldrums again. Privacy faux paux What did I post this morning.....they will show the removal van. Feel like ringing up their management and have him/her explain to them the basics of privacy which they so badly want. Don’t bloody well show the removal van ok. No one else on the Instagram or YT who have moved recently have shown these things. Show contents on the ground but cover up the removal van company name. Are they bloody thick??‍♀??‍♀?‍♀ That’s what makes me want to scream at them and I’m no doubt sure others too. You want privacy. Act like it!!!!! You could have some numpty on the internet say oh I know where you live let’s follow the van now that we know which one it is. Stupid!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.