Mrs Meldrum #19 Rules Are Rules Rebecca and Lee, Gifts Sent To You Don't Come For Free!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely enjoyed tonight's vlog - an advert which seems to fit with the family, incorporated in a nice vlog in a way that's clear it's an ad but without shoving it down your throat (grinola, anyone?). I don't hate you, Mrs M, not at all - just looking for some honesty!

Reactions: 9
"Who said Lego is just for boys" eh no one? Hello Edgy 1940 is calling and they would like their views back.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve been blocked. Haven’t done anything and don’t even follow her.. she’s been hard at blocking the list on the tattle account. Never mind reb, will watch your demise from my other account ?
I haven’t followed the Lola account as I had a feeling she would be stropping and deleting ?

• Sad
Reactions: 13
How pathetic.
Seriously.
I’ve never heard anyone say Lego is just for boys.
I loved Lego as a kid and guess what? It didn’t come in sets of pink hearts.
I would avoid buying pink heart Lego sets.
I have a boy but if I had a girl I’d get her the Jurassic World or Harry Potter Lego just like I get my son, or whatever other sets she was interested in.
I hate seeing little girls get everything in pink and glitter from birth. Don’t get me wrong, I love pink, I have pink stuff, my son has pink stuff, but not everything has to be pink and sparkly to be awesome.
What a tit, stereotyping ad, disappointed with Lego.

Reactions: 22
I hate Lego friends because the characters' hair styles always pop off the heads & gets lost. Not like the traditional Lego characters at all, such ugly little things really. Why do Lego think girls need different skinny little characters rather than the type you get with Lego City etc. Really baffling, almost as baffling as Mrs Meldrum having the brass neck to still be deleting and censoring adverts.

Reactions: 15
How pathetic.
Seriously.
I’ve never heard anyone say Lego is just for boys.
I loved Lego as a kid and guess what? It didn’t come in sets of pink hearts.
I would avoid buying pink heart Lego sets.
I have a boy but if I had a girl I’d get her the Jurassic World or Harry Potter Lego just like I get my son, or whatever other sets she was interested in.
I hate seeing little girls get everything in pink and glitter from birth. Don’t get me wrong, I love pink, I have pink stuff, my son has pink stuff, but not everything has to be pink and sparkly to be awesome.
What a tit, stereotyping ad, disappointed with Lego.
Fits in with all the bleeping tutus, glittery shoes, pink clothing and other stereotypical “girly/princesses” tit they force on thier kids ?

Reactions: 24
I'll be honest my daughter likes Lego friends but her favourite sets are Minecraft.
She is so out of touch with the real world I played with me and my sister both loved Lego growing up in the 80s.

Just a little heads up for you Reb my son who is now 14 when he was 2 his favourite toy was a pram and his baby I'm very much a believer that toys are for CHILDREN not for a boy or a girl Reb just for a child and very much dependant on each individual child's likes and dislikes.

Reactions: 18
"Sitting on the floor playing with the girls" ????

You're very welcome for all of the Tattle suggestions!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She looked so put out pretending to wanna play with them???

Poor kids have no chance with a mother like her, i guess atleast Lee isnt cold hearted

Reactions: 7
I'll be honest my daughter likes Lego friends but her favourite sets are Minecraft.
She is so out of touch with the real world I played with me and my sister both loved Lego growing up in the 80s.

Just a little heads up for you Reb my son who is now 14 when he was 2 his favourite toy was a pram and his baby I'm very much a believer that toys are for CHILDREN not for a boy or a girl Reb just for a child and very much dependant on each individual child's likes and dislikes.
That’s the thing though, they don’t seem to let the girls just play. As a kid, I would be out in the garden with my sisters, dressed in jeans and a jumper, playing games, running around, making dens, playing on our bikes, finding bugs and stuff in the garden etc - just exploring and using our imaginations. Not being dressed in party clothes and being given a unicorn to colour in or some pink beads to make a necklace out of. Don’t get me wrong, we did play with dolls and and that stuff but the Meldrums so seem hell bent on the girls being girly, flowery, delicate little things that look a certain way.
They will rebel against it though, those girls are going to be a nightmare in 10 years time! ???

Reactions: 17
So staged she said I better get back to building Lego in the post when it clearly was taken the other day another lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That’s the thing though, they don’t seem to let the girls just play. As a kid, I would be out in the garden with my sisters, dressed in jeans and a jumper, playing games, running around, making dens, playing on our bikes, finding bugs and stuff in the garden etc - just exploring and using our imaginations. Not being dressed in party clothes and being given a unicorn to colour in or some pink beads to make a necklace out of. Don’t get me wrong, we did play with dolls and and that stuff but the Meldrums so seem hell bent on the girls being girly, flowery, delicate little things that look a certain way.
They will rebel against it though, those girls are going to be a nightmare in 10 years time! ???

I grew up in the countryside like those girls and when I was Safiyahs age I was out in the garden setting up horse jumps and pretending to be a horse or jockey ???
I was dressed in jeans or cords and jumpers, of all colours.
How can they play properly outside dressed in ridiculous party dresses and glittery shoes all the time.
They need to be in play clothes, they should be able to go on the slide or climb without showing their knickers and have shoes that help them run fast!
It makes me sad when I see little girls who can’t keep up with the boys because their clothing is inappropriate for kids play!

Reactions: 16
I find this era so bloody weird. I was born in early 80s and like the poster above said, we wore jeans, got muddy, rode our bikes, played with normal bloody Lego and yes also My Little Ponies, Sindy dolls and Barbies.

I grew up in a typical industrial town with traditional roles for mums and dads but never once was told I couldn’t go to uni to study engineering, or that such-and-such was for girls and Lego was only for boys.

I honestly think that history has been warped to allow dickheads like Reb to pontificate virtuous messages against oppression that no-one really had in the first place. Just my two pennies.

Reactions: 26
I grew up in the countryside like those girls and when I was Safiyahs age I was out in the garden setting up horse jumps and pretending to be a horse or jockey ???
I was dressed in jeans or cords and jumpers, of all colours.
How can they play properly outside dressed in ridiculous party dresses and glittery shoes all the time.
They need to be in play clothes, they should be able to go on the slide or climb without showing their knickers and have shoes that help them run fast!
It makes me sad when I see little girls who can’t keep up with the boys because their clothing is inappropriate for kids play!
They never seem to wear trousers jeans or joggers.

Why the heck was lee walking Florence through woods on pouring rain with poppy in his back? Florrie had party shoes dress and raincoat and Brolly.

If weather bad and its a Sunday why go out?
I guess the trees in background not gifted.

It's clear from her video that they were playing with Lego 2 weeks ago not today.

She's often running behind.
I guess this was the delayed ad approval
I don't think she's done Lego many favours by gender stereotyping.

She mentioned shes out some aside as presents and rewards so exactly how many Lego sets have lego kindly gifted.

If i was a girl in s or f class and got Lego for my birthday I would know why.

• Angry
I’ve never seen anyone make such a palaver as Reb did when she bought S a pair of jeans!
God help her in a couple of years ?????

Reactions: 12
I honestly think the girls, Florence especially chooses her own clothes. They’re obsessed with tutus and dresses like many girls are, but I get the feeling she isn’t one to put them in jeans and play trousers anyway. She doesn’t like that look does she ?

Reactions: 6
I honestly think the girls, Florence especially chooses her own clothes. They’re obsessed with tutus and dresses like many girls are, but I get the feeling she isn’t one to put them in jeans and play trousers anyway. She doesn’t like that look does she ?
Reb is the one who puts the clothes in their wardrobe (nearly typed “buys their clothes” ?)
If there are no trousers or jeans then they can’t choose them to put them on.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Well they are products of their environment, and they can only choose clothes from what’s available to them and what’s the norm for them.
I get that some kids love party dresses and tutus, I’m not denying that, but most children will choose to get into something comfy over a frilly dress once the novelty has worn off. They can’t choose the comfy play clothes if they don’t have any, or have never seen any before! ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.