Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Only work with brands who show the dollar

It’s spectacular to watch. Many floggers have storied about being transparent, labelling clearly, blah blah blah, but in reality they’re all guilty of it.

Just a message to all the influencees out there: These people are not your friends. They’re not your girl/boy next door. Theyre not the parents you meet on the school run, in the supermarket, at the drs surgery. They’re completely detached from reality. Who do you know IRL that gets sent a box of food to promote? Who do you know IRL who gets sent free toys/clothes/make up/holidays to DLP or wheverver it may be? I can bet it’s no one.

Social media (unless you follow dogsofinstagram) unfortunately will eat away at your soul and make you feel inferior. It will make you feel like you’re not good enough. It will make you feel like you’re not worthy with your £2 lippy as “everyone else” has their Bobbi brown lip balms. It will subtly make you feel like you’re not providing properly for your family as you work 40hrs + a week to save for your annual holiday, a week away with your family. It will make you question why you feel so knackered, defeated and underdressed without your hashtag gifted next coat and it’ll make you look in the mirror and question your mum tum as you’re getting ready for work, shovelling in a cold bit of toast because these other mums can afford PT sessions, gym memberships, hair and make up as they don’t actually live in the real world.

I hope that society start to see how toxic this industry really is. How damaging it is for those people scrolling through, feeling demoralised, not good enough.

You don’t see the tears, the sleepless nights, the arguments, the affairs, the pile of clothes on the landing. You see the heavily filtered, posed photos of what they want you to see.

It will take the asa to start fining instead of “warning” those who are guilty of it. It’s going to take time.

They’re working on the bigger dogs by the looks of it. The made in Chelsea stars, the TOWIE z listers, the pop stars. IMO they need to work on the “instamums/huns” as their target audience are as (if not more) vulnerable as the teens when they see all the BS that is being flogged. It wouldn’t be allowed on the tv, why is it allowed online?

I’ll get off my soap box now.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
Simplified version especially for Rebs:
  1. Paid by brand = Ad
  2. Sent, gifted, PO box, etc (not bought by you) = Ad
  3. AF links = Ad
  4. Bought by self = miracle
  5. Paid by self but at reduced rate = Ad

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Hachos

Only work with brands who show the dollar

It’s spectacular to watch. Many floggers have storied about being transparent, labelling clearly, blah blah blah, but in reality they’re all guilty of it.

Just a message to all the influencees out there: These people are not your friends. They’re not your girl/boy next door. Theyre not the parents you meet on the school run, in the supermarket, at the drs surgery. They’re completely detached from reality. Who do you know IRL that gets sent a box of food to promote? Who do you know IRL who gets sent free toys/clothes/make up/holidays to DLP or wheverver it may be? I can bet it’s no one.

Social media (unless you follow dogsofinstagram) unfortunately will eat away at your soul and make you feel inferior. It will make you feel like you’re not good enough. It will make you feel like you’re not worthy with your £2 lippy as “everyone else” has their Bobbi brown lip balms. It will subtly make you feel like you’re not providing properly for your family as you work 40hrs + a week to save for your annual holiday, a week away with your family. It will make you question why you feel so knackered, defeated and underdressed without your hashtag gifted next coat and it’ll make you look in the mirror and question your mum tum as you’re getting ready for work, shovelling in a cold bit of toast because these other mums can afford PT sessions, gym memberships, hair and make up as they don’t actually live in the real world.

I hope that society start to see how toxic this industry really is. How damaging it is for those people scrolling through, feeling demoralised, not good enough.

You don’t see the tears, the sleepless nights, the arguments, the affairs, the pile of clothes on the landing. You see the heavily filtered, posed photos of what they want you to see.

It will take the asa to start fining instead of “warning” those who are guilty of it. It’s going to take time.

They’re working on the bigger dogs by the looks of it. The made in Chelsea stars, the TOWIE z listers, the pop stars. IMO they need to work on the “instamums/huns” as their target audience are as (if not more) vulnerable as the teens when they see all the BS that is being flogged. It wouldn’t be allowed on the tv, why is it allowed online?

I’ll get off my soap box now.
Thanks for this... I suffer so bad with anxiety, OCD and an eating disorder and I have a new baby and things have been getting on top of me so much lately, I have a lovely home, fab husband and a healthy baby, yet I was always comparing myself to these Mum bloggers who just seem to have their shit so perfectly together that I lost sights of what I myself have to be grateful for and my mental health has/is suffering terribly. Your post has inspired me to unfollow all of these fake mothers... I don’t need to speed clean my house 6 times a day to be happy! With that said, zoflora is going in the bin and I’m off to bed! Thank you for this post and for making me see the light! X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
M

Member 1682

They are probably holed up at an emergency family meeting at Cannon HQ. Daddy Cannon is probably pacing the floor wondering how quickly he can sell Murder Mansion to avoid the tax man knocking on the door. Mummy Cannon has probably poured a Gin for her & Reb (don’t forget the hashtag AD!) telling her it will all be ok, Daddy will sort it out. Gap Yah Tegan is outback smoking a fruity cigarette and tweeting about how she can’t wait to get back to Australia to live in a tent on the beach (with Daddy’s C’s credit card, naturally)
And Lee...
Lee is sitting in the naught step, phone confiscated and straight to bed with no dinner.

???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

37BBL

VIP Member
I've been a silent viewer of this forum for ages now. I used to just read and like posts but lately too much has gone on and I can't not comment!! Mrs M has no idea how lucky she is to not have to work a normal job, to feel guilty about your son being in morning and after school clubs and your daughter being in nursery 4 days a week. To have had to save hard for 3 years to afford to decorate your home despite the fact you and your husband earn a very decent wage, which is poured away on childcare fees. And she has the nerve to sit there and claim they need to tighten thier belts in January, then proceed to book a holiday - it beggars bloody belief it really does. It's actually taking the piss out of her followers, like she is trying to be relatable but then reveals it was all fake when she books a bloody holiday! What about her followers who actually are having to tighten thier belts, she gives zero thoughts about how that might make someone feel.
I used to love her channel when I was expecting my daughter. Her home was gorgeous and I aspired to have one similar, then she makes out it's far too small when in reality it's bigger than alot can afford.
The constant lies and pulling the wool over peoples eyes has just pushed me over the edge, I can't relate to her at all anymore and I am genuinely lost as to why so many others haven't cotroned on yet.
On another note I love mummydaddyme and agree she is very transparent and honest. I also clocked a post from amber, meet the wildes, where she was very accepting of the new rules. X

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Hachos

Well done you, and hope you feel ok soon. As for zoflora I hope your not following Mrs Hinch. What’s shes doing daily and spraying her beds etc really isn’t good for anyone. Poor baby when it arrives will be breathing in all sorts of chemicals that have been sprayed. I change bedding once a week and it certainly doesn’t need sprayed with fabric conditioner daily. She’s a lovely lady I’m sure Mrs Hinch but she’s going OTT with the chemicals. Insta mums have a lot to answer for portraying the wonderful life when it’s not really. They just have ordinary lives just like us all.
Thank you all so much for your lovely and supportive comments! Would like to thank you all individually but don’t want to overload the forum, but honestly I am so thankful.

As for Mrs Hinch, I know she claims to help people with depression, but she did nothing for me except validate all my unhealthy cleaning habits (because well, if Mrs Hinch is recommending it, it must okay) and there was undone over 100 hours of therapy with my psychologist. Can’t blame her because I was already vulnerable, but I agree, what she does isn’t healthy at all.

Today I’ve taken the first steps in getting help by unfollowing all these people on YouTube / Instagram, I’ve acusllt removed the apps from my phone! I didn’t spend over an hour cleaning with baby in the carrier and spent quality time with him instead. I even used his naps to do things for me that I never normally do!! So here’s to getting better!! Will be booking in for some more therapy on Monday too... it’s amazing how much one post can make you stand back and reassess your situation. So thanks so much all of you and for this forum!!

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Pepperpot

I’m so embarrassed for you Reb, that every time we flag something here - be it an error in (missing AD) an Instagram caption, something questionable in an old vlog, the racist/fat shaming comments on your old Twitter account - you are sitting there in your murder house, comfy on the sofa with a cup of tea (ignoring the kids playing on the floor) doing your half-hourly catch up on Tattle, and as soon as any of these things are flagged by us it’s QUICK! DELETE! and then back to real life for a few minutes before you have to check on us and what else we’ve uncovered about you again.
It’s the fact that you apparently don’t read here (Hi!) however our little discoveries are taken care of within minutes usually.
I was a sheep for a long time, followed from your first video, but I can’t believe how I was duped into thinking you are the caring, open and honest person you try so hard to portray.
I was sickened by the food bank stunt, by the cancer scare/Next ad, not to mentioned your treatment (or should I say lack of treatment) of Poppy when she was so ill, and most recently by the discovery of your bullying tweets.
You clearly actually aren’t a very nice person and I feel sad that I actually used to think totally the opposite about you.
So let’s hope we don’t uncover anything else about you that you need to quickly delete. Because it gives the game away that not only do you read here, you are up to date with the latest comments. Just admit it! Enjoy your banana.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

Sallydally

VIP Member
guaranteed lee will be banned from Instagram again after him accidentally liking the pic ? bet he’s had to stand in the shed and think about what he’s done all day.

• Haha
  • Heart

cccccccmmmmmmmmm

I've been lurking here and reading for a few weeks, but this evening's insta stories on the new guidelines have pushed me over the edge enough to comment. What an utterly self-entitled, patronising, sanctimonious little madam Rebecca Meldrum is. If I was her mother I'd be absolutely ashamed of her. She needs a bloody great big dose of reality check. Also, side note, I think she probably got that bloody good for nothing excuse of a husband to send the 'questions' she was allegedly answering.

• Heart
  • Haha
M

Member 1682

Thank the lord. So here we have Susie Verrill
Confirming that it’s easy to understand and why it’s a good thing to just follow the bloody rules!

Mrs Meldrum please take note!!!! Stop hiding behind your bullshit excuses and rubbish chat about it being soooooo confusing. It’s not.

• Heart
M

Member 1682

What we have seen today shows that we have two different camps within the influencer sphere.

The mature, business minded individuals who have nothing to hide, who run compliant businesses and who will adhere to rules & regulations because that’s what decent honest people do.

And we have

The liars, manipulators and damn right greedy bastards who have been taking every single thing they can’t get their filthy little hands on with no regard for business regulation or thier moral compass. Childish individuals who have been economical with the truth and who are now bricking it because they have been found out.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

freckleface94

Long time lurker, but the q&a is final straw for me! In her original DLP post after she was outed she said that cause of house move etc etc she didnt post it was #gifted... yet her q&a she says its cause she felt bad saying she had been gifted a free holiday and didnt want other people to feel bad cause they were just back from anothwr holiday!!

Keep stories straight and i dont think she would give how anyone else feels a second thought!!

• Angry
Reactions: 42
M

Member 1126

So so quiet.... Spooky!!!!
It'll end with a:

"Hi Guys, so, so many of you have been messaging because we've been a bit quiet on here.

Just had a lovely quiet weekend with the girlies mooching and pottering.
As I said I'm having more " mum time" at weekends because I'm working so, so hard during the week with my new structured hours.
Remember " A Sunday well spent brings a week of content"!
Now swipe up for today's soooper cute Toddler update vlog, and an exciting announcement about my NEXT giveaway!!
Thanks for caring lovelies you all mean so, so much to us with your continued concern and support xxxx"
??????:m :m

• Haha
Reactions: 41
K

keeprowing

Yes Reb, if you’re reading. The majority of people here are followers of yours who at one point asked you a valid question. Instead of responding like a grown woman, you blocked & deleted all of us.
We have a problem with the way you continually dismiss people for whom having no money is a reality. To be so flippant about quitting no spend January when most people have no such luxury was a slap in the face. Being paid to visit a food bank & turning up empty handed is sickening. Using an experience that many women go through of having a lump checked, not to help raise awareness, but to advertise a massive high street chain is revolting. Advertising a clothes delivery service which doesn’t deliver to your address is misleading and fraudulent. Not declaring an entire holiday as given to you for free, then lying about it when questioned, is fraudulent. Blaming your fans because they would feel bad that you had so many holidays, is snobbish and condescending. Using your children’s photos to advertise products is exploitation. Giving away your family’s privacy & safety online is dangerous & frankly stupid. Deleting & blocking a man from a same sex couple who was a fan of yours, for asking if your book could’ve been more inclusive, is homophobic and spiteful.
The list could go on

• Heart
Reactions: 40

non binary coat

Chatty Member
Oh fuck off Rebecca.

That's an awful excuse.

It makes people feel better if they know all these expensive things are gifts that you can't afford / wont pay for yourself.

The only reason you didn't want to say Disneyland was gifted is because you don't want people to know your privileged life is freebies.

She gives zero fucks about her followers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

Rubynoodle

“I didn’t want anyone to feel bad so I forgot how to do my job properly and declare my gifted trip to Disneyland Paris instead of being truthful and saying I got it for free” “this is the last time I’m going to talk about this”
a real narcissists non-apology there.
She is just making a bigger fool of herself by pretending she is transparent with everyone when shes completely shown herself up with that q&a and people are starting to see just how much shit she spouts.
Welcome to all the new followers that will be joining here tonight! ??

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Sarah514

What annoyed me most about the Disney land Paris trip... I don’t care if it’s gifted, paid for, an AD whatever the hell it was. She said a few days prior she had a ‘special surprise’ for Safiyas birthday. Which she then went on to say was a trip to Disney land paris. She didn’t have a special surprise for Safiyas birthday. Her and Lee did not book that trip out of there own pocket for Safiyas birthday. So here is poor Safiya thinking her mum and dad have got her the best present in the world, a trip to Disney. But no, her mum lied. She did not book her a special trip to Disney, it just so happened it fell near the time of Safiyas birthday. It’s the kids I feel sorry for the most, when they grow up and realise that there parents have basically done sweet F all for them. My biggest memory growing up, not that I realised at the time, but having my own child now I realise was the amount of effort my mum used to put in. I feel like Rebecca makes no effort at all with those kids. They only go places if it’s gifted or paid for. I just think this is going to back fire on her when the kids are older and realise their whole life, all their memories... were all kind of a lie and purely for social engagement.

Reactions: 37

Hazology

Chatty Member
??????????????? god im so glad my husband and i both have decent proper jobs and 2 happy children in a secure home....The meldrums are in a right pickle. Usually id feel a bit bad for people that have truly fucked up but it serves them right for being braggy sneaky little tossers, i bet they need another neilson holiday now? im sick to the back teeth of her especially, shes a snotty stuck up spoilt cow bag, too used to getting everything handed on a plate. I hope the girls dont turn out anything like her.

Reactions: 36

DaizyMaizie

VIP Member
Just read mummydaddyme insta page. Isn’t she the sweetest person on Instagram. She is always just so nice and lovely and willing to follow rules and appreciates her audience ?

• Heart
Reactions: 36