Mrs Meldrum #18 The Sheep Are Still Bleating, The Gym Will Be Fleeting, Nasty Tweets Were Discovered And Reb Gets Deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has Rebecca got no friends?! All she ever seems to do is go walking behind the murder mansion with her mother or Lee..... or go to the gym and let the Ramminator take creepy photos of her while she’s “working out”
riveting.

Reactions: 18
Anyone know how to report to HMRC for undeclared gifts ?
you can just call them and give them info They will ask a few questions but tell you not to tell anyone you’ve done it incase the person finds out as they could hire someone to come after you. Don’t ever tell anyone if you have reported anyone to the HMRC or go snooping for anymore info after you’ve spoken to them. That’s their advice anyway

Reactions: 6
Ffs Lee and Florrie on Insta with her " dressed" for the driving range...it's freezing in Aberdeenshire tonight and shes out without a hat on.

They're far too interested in getting the best photo over the health and wellbeing of their kids!

Reactions: 20
Ffs Lee and Florrie on Insta with her " dressed" for the driving range...it's freezing in Aberdeenshire tonight and shes out without a hat on.

They're far too interested in getting the best photo over the health and wellbeing of their kids!
And so much for not having the kids on Instagram so much. What a load of shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
what was said on Twitter?
Rebecca had tweets on her page (which she has now deactivated because we picked up on it over here!)
One was a direct tweet to a girl from x-factor calling her dog rough. One was fat shaming saying that only slim women should wear skinny jeans and there was another tweet of a racist nature.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
At least the Muddymummy ( although moaning about it) is reading the guidelines the same way as us and registering that gifted things have to be declared as advertising, yet Channel Mum people seem to think that #gifted is still okay? Which is it?

How can a Channel Mum influencer think of themselves in the same category as a celebrity on the red carpet? That is the whole point we are much more aware of how things work with celebs and that they wear and mention things to give them a plug...influencers have started off pretending they are the same as us , are working mums so that it is why it is seems even more sneaky when they pretend to show us something that they love which is just a marketing stunt from a company....and ha #gifted is not the same as a having a company car:unsure:

Reactions: 9
Maybe #paidAD #UnpaidAD would be clearer hashtags and make it clearer for the influencers who seem to think they are only advertising if they have been paid to post and not giving things a plug!

Reactions: 12
I still think the hashtag should be #freeshitidontneed

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This is really interesting you say this. I’ve seen quite a few mummy floggers have been gifted the Bobbi brown lipsticks and palette (and a lot who haven’t declared it as an ad ?) over the past few weeks and thought to myself why are they sending these products out to mummy floggers when there’s lots of Instagram accounts based around fashion/beauty/cosmetics with a genuine interest and talent in this area. But oh yes OF COURSE Hunters and Heels is Bobbi browns social media content creator! That’s why the mummy floggers are now getting premium make up for free! Couldn’t see Mrs M splashing out on £28 lipsticks otherwise! Come on honestly how many mums are able to afford Bobbi Brown??
I don't really put Mrs M in the same category as most of the others who pop up with the Bobbi Brown freebies. I guess it's the Channel Mum connection which differentiates them for me. I think Mrs M is maybe the exception, I don't see a natural fit between Bobbi Brown and Channel Mum but I can see why they want to work with the others who are more lifestyle/fashion rather than mum/family stuff if that makes sense.

Reactions: 4
It’s probably been mentioned here already but honestly I just want to scream at the likes of themuddymummy. Being gifted something isn’t like being given cash......it’s the same bloody thing and if you can’t understsnd that then speak to your solicitor and get legal advice on the rules. These people are just as thick as tit to be bluntly honest

• Angry
Reactions: 15
And so much for not having the kids on Instagram so much. What a load of shite.
I was was watching one of the other Mummy bloggers on insta stories the other day. She was sitting in the car like they do, camera on, talking to her toddler in the back seat. What are we going to do she asks? Toddler replies, get out of the car. Mother laughs hilariously, noooo she says, what are we going to do? Toddler replies, take a picture?Such a shame that these children have no say in any of this?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
So is this correct then according to the new guidelines say the latest post by Mr M, Just picking this as we are on the Meldrum thread, so Florrie at the driving range pic, if anything she is wearing there from the unicorn crown to her jacket, tights or shoes have been gifted or as part of paid partnership within the last 12 months from Next (which is probably quite likely) then this photo should be marked as an Ad? I can see why influencers who have accepted a lot of clothes or home decor or accessories are slightly annoyed by this as there are going to be very few pics that won't be marked as AD if this is the case?

So is this correct then according to the new guidelines say the latest post by Mr M, Just picking this as we are on the Meldrum thread, so Florrie at the driving range pic, if anything she is wearing there from the unicorn crown to her jacket, tights or shoes have been gifted or as part of paid partnership within the last 12 months from Next (which is probably quite likely) then this photo should be marked as an Ad? I can see why influencers who have accepted a lot of clothes or home decor or accessories are slightly annoyed by this as there are going to be very few pics that won't be marked as AD if this is the case?
Yes. Exactly.
I didn’t realise it was within a 12 month window though?
But yes, if anything is in the photo or video that is a gift - wether they are directly talking about that item or not - it has to have AD at the start.
So anytime the Meldrums show their living room the post must have AD because all their furniture is gifted from oak land and homewards are next etc

Reactions: 15
Yes. Exactly.
But yes, if anything is in the photo or video that is a gift - wether they are directly talking about that item or not - it has to have AD at the start.
So anytime the Meldrums show their living room the post must have AD because all their furniture is gifted from oak land and homewards are next etc
Yes it’s a 12 month period and I understand why having to do that. If they get any new viewers it’s keeping them informed 100% from the word go. Not what happened to us sheep where it took a long time to start to notice what was going on. We thought clothing etc was purchased with their own hard owned cash when wasn’t the case.

Reactions: 10
They’re all going to be so upset because everyone will finally see the extent of how much is gifted

Not being funny but I honestly think it's because all the kids clothes are gifted. Brands tend to gift the pretty dresses and stuff as that's what they want to advertise. I doubt the girls own a comfy pair of joggers or what I would call 'play clothes' as they won't buy them. They either wear pretty but not practical dresses or school uniform in the eldest's case. I used to think it weird she doesn't get changed after school but I realise she probably doesn't have 'play clothes' to change into.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
If the Meldrums followed the rules correctly they'd have ad on every single post, they're so grabby everythings either an ad or gifted ?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Yes. Exactly.
Wait so are you saying they have to put AD even if they don't mention, talk about or tag the product or brand? Surely the AD only comes in as soon as they mention or tag it i.e. that's the point at which they're promoting it. So say you're promoting a Bobbi Brown eye palette but in the photo you happen to be wearing a jumper that was gifted to you from Next 6 months ago but there's no mention of the jumper or Next. You're saying that needs AD for the Next jumper?

Reactions: 5
Yes i think that is how it reads from the new CMA guidelines that were posted a couple of days ago, and that would also echo what Mama Reid was saying on her stories.
I am not sure how literal that is as in if you have a Bobbi Brown lipstick in your hand in a pic or video that has to be declared or whether if you are just smiling in a pic and happen to be wearing Bobbi Brown lipstick whether that would also have to be declared...I guess so as so many people ask 'What lipstick are you wearing etc' So if a lot of influencers sat and made a list of what makeup they had on, glasses, jewellery, clothes, toys, furniture paint, food, water bottles, coats, prams, shoes, coffee cup and machine, fridge, highchair cover, hairbows, bibs, it is a huge huge list and is going to take some getting their head around every time they post a pic. It maybe isn't the case but sounds it from the way it is written.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.