Mrs Meldrum #18 The Sheep Are Still Bleating, The Gym Will Be Fleeting, Nasty Tweets Were Discovered And Reb Gets Deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What in the fresh hell is this monstrosity Lee is putting on??

What’s with the crease? Is it a roll of Lino?

No that's a piece of the wall paper samples "kindly gifted" by B&Q when she went through a phase of making her flat lays "more professional". Guess it got moved with all the other tat to the new house and now Pat has decided to embrace his inner crafty before the book launch ?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Well apparently she didn’t get it right yesterday about the rules and regulations so she’s having another go???!! So if shes got it wrong she’s been doing it wrong!!!!

Reactions: 6
Only work with brands who show the dollar

It’s spectacular to watch. Many floggers have storied about being transparent, labelling clearly, blah blah blah, but in reality they’re all guilty of it.

Just a message to all the influencees out there: These people are not your friends. They’re not your girl/boy next door. Theyre not the parents you meet on the school run, in the supermarket, at the drs surgery. They’re completely detached from reality. Who do you know IRL that gets sent a box of food to promote? Who do you know IRL who gets sent free toys/clothes/make up/holidays to DLP or wheverver it may be? I can bet it’s no one.

Social media (unless you follow dogsofinstagram) unfortunately will eat away at your soul and make you feel inferior. It will make you feel like you’re not good enough. It will make you feel like you’re not worthy with your £2 lippy as “everyone else” has their Bobbi brown lip balms. It will subtly make you feel like you’re not providing properly for your family as you work 40hrs + a week to save for your annual holiday, a week away with your family. It will make you question why you feel so knackered, defeated and underdressed without your hashtag gifted next coat and it’ll make you look in the mirror and question your mum tum as you’re getting ready for work, shovelling in a cold bit of toast because these other mums can afford PT sessions, gym memberships, hair and make up as they don’t actually live in the real world.

I hope that society start to see how toxic this industry really is. How damaging it is for those people scrolling through, feeling demoralised, not good enough.

You don’t see the tears, the sleepless nights, the arguments, the affairs, the pile of clothes on the landing. You see the heavily filtered, posed photos of what they want you to see.

It will take the asa to start fining instead of “warning” those who are guilty of it. It’s going to take time.

They’re working on the bigger dogs by the looks of it. The made in Chelsea stars, the TOWIE z listers, the pop stars. IMO they need to work on the “instamums/huns” as their target audience are as (if not more) vulnerable as the teens when they see all the BS that is being flogged. It wouldn’t be allowed on the tv, why is it allowed online?

I’ll get off my soap box now.
This post deserves so much recognition
It's totally spot on.
I approached these vloggers from a different angle in that I had never really watched them. FWIW I though and still think 99% of reality TV is anything but and so when vloggers arrived I assumed they would be the same. I only started looking at them due to past issues with one vlogger who I detest. From that I looked at some others
I am genuinely stunned that a lot of people follow them. A lot of the followers tend to be children or people who are a bit lonely maybe
But from what I have seen only a few have any merit.
The scary influence they have I find quite frightening

Reactions: 11
I saw Lee’s mum's post about her being proud of Rebs new book on Facebook and someone reacted with a ? face!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Well apparently she didn’t get it right yesterday about the rules and regulations so she’s having another go???
She’s given up.
She half arsed a few attempts on a couple of photos last night an added the useless AD line at the end of the captions but hasn’t done very many and what she’s done is wrong anyway.
Lee hasn’t yet made any attempt to make appropriate changes to his Instagram page, which he is required to do seeing as he’s a director of Mrs Meldrum Ltd and his Instagram page is a business page as part of the Mrs M brand

Reactions: 10
Thanks for this... I suffer so bad with anxiety, OCD and an eating disorder and I have a new baby and things have been getting on top of me so much lately, I have a lovely home, fab husband and a healthy baby, yet I was always comparing myself to these Mum bloggers who just seem to have their tit so perfectly together that I lost sights of what I myself have to be grateful for and my mental health has/is suffering terribly. Your post has inspired me to unfollow all of these fake mothers... I don’t need to speed clean my house 6 times a day to be happy! With that said, zoflora is going in the bin and I’m off to bed! Thank you for this post and for making me see the light! X
Don't compare yourself to others especially these who in many cases just struck lucky

Reactions: 7
She’s given up.
She half arsed a few attempts on a couple of photos last night an added the useless AD line at the end of the captions but hasn’t done very many and what she’s done is wrong anyway.
Lee hasn’t yet made any attempt to make appropriate changes to his Instagram page, which he is required to do seeing as he’s a director of Mrs Meldrum Ltd and his Instagram page is a business page as part of the Mrs M brand
Mr & Mrs Useless

Quiet day at the mansion. I bet she could murder a gin right now.
Only if Teasmith have got the engine reving to pop past with a nice gift..........hope they passed on their new top secret address ?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not sure how these ‘influencers’ sleep at night. Knowing they’re portraying a completely unrealistic and unattainable life for those who follow them. Making those with mental health problems and those who are struggling to even pay the bills feel inadequate and depressed from many of the past posts on this forum. We don’t see the arguments, struggles, tantrums; only all the good bits. They don’t seem to have an ounce of remorse or guilt or awareness. Really quite sad

Reactions: 17
Skene was gifted...
I remember watching those vlogs on the Meldrums channel.. they had booked the apartment to have a day/night in Aberdeen..no mention of it being gifted in any way! I do remember watching it and thinking right it’s 40/45 mins from Aberdeen to Banchory bit extravagant to book an apartment for a night 45 mins away but fair enough it’s their money to do as they please.. I actually feel so stupid for even thinking that in the first place! ? but that was the image they were portraying.. this will be exactly why the channel was pulled - the amount of undisclosed ads...they won’t be wanting to mention those to the tax man

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Is it ok if I change the sheets on a Saturday ,does anybody know ?
Just going to unfollow all the insta mums Reb might be the worst but to be honest they are all in it for one reason money making .Emily Norris was my favourite but can’t see her in that light anymore the rose coloured specs are off or should that be filter??????✈??? ?
Good for you, everyone should do this, I have. I'll dip into those I liked more and if they improve, I'll be back. If they don't, I have a perfectly happy and fulfilled life without them.

Reactions: 4
It doesn’t matter if they don’t understand the rules, if they like or dislike them or if they ask the sheep for their opinions. That’s all irrelevant.
These are the rules. They can either adhere to them properly or they will all be getting reported. It’s that simple.

Can you imagine going to work and saying to your boss “nah, I’m not following the rules,& don’t like them, don’t understand them so I’m just going to follow my own version of them even though I’ve been repeatedly told off and given all the information I could possible need to understand and make changes to comply”

These people are living in some fucked up fantasy where they honestly seem to believe they are so special that they are above the law! It’s astonishing.
In Rebecca’s case she never had to conform to the law up until now. She’s lived a privilege life where no was never an answer and she isn’t equipped to accept the rules. As she’s never had a main stream job she is out of touch of reality too
I remember watching those vlogs on the Meldrums channel.. they had booked the apartment to have a day/night in Aberdeen..no mention of it being gifted in any way! I do remember watching it and thinking right it’s 40/45 mins from Aberdeen to Banchory bit extravagant to book an apartment for a night 45 mins away but fair enough it’s their money to do as they please.. I actually feel so stupid for even thinking that in the first place! ? but that was the image they were portraying.. this will be exactly why the channel was pulled - the amount of undisclosed ads...they won’t be wanting to mention those to the tax man
yeah but the tax man can easily find them all

View attachment 4731
Rebs has a BA degree in some Business related subject - she really going to spout it’s confusing!!

Her whole life now is just a big fat AD!!!
It's a bloody disgrace. I can't believe just how bad. She knowingingly misled people despite knowing the rules, despite a lot of devoted fans raising it, despite being contacted by authorities and despite other vloggers being harassed for transparency when they had been honest, they continued to think they were something special. Turns out the Meldrums aren't the only spoilt liars online after yesterday. But the rules are NOT new but yesterday was a closing of the net, a penny stopping moment.

The channel and those behind it obviously cannot be trusted. I can't see them recovering from this to be honest.

They've got so greedy, so caught up with IG (bigger bucks) neglected their YT channel, the content, everything SO much not even trying to making an effort. If people don't work well and effectively in their workplace, take guidance and follow the rules then they fall on their sorry arses.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Now lets give the hardworking modest Insta success a break eh ?
She is slowly strating to adopt the rules

Captioned with "Happy Monday! List writing, content planning & life admin sort of day! Any exciting plans this week? Have a good one guys ? | (I am labelling this an AD under new rules as some items in the picture were gifted)"

Then there is this one

The caption on this is even more intensive
"These boots are DREAMY! I almost bought them before Christmas but decided I didn’t need them....they popped up on my adverts on the Mac yesterday down to £7 in the @newlook sale but only available in a size 6, thought I’d pop in to the store since I was close by & there was one pair left & it just happened to be my size, they were £12 in store not £7 but still!!! I adore them & they are so so comfortable! No big plans today, a chilled Sunday dog sitting ?? what’s everyone up to? (I am labelling this an AD under new rules as some items in the picture were gifted)"

Rome wasn't built in a day and if she wants to integrate it into a sort of guessing game as to what was gifted what was bought then who are we mere mortals to argue with the goddess of giftology

• Haha
This is exactly what occured to me today. I have read through those guidelines about freebie holidays, gifts etc. all need to be declared to the taxman and it hit me like a lightning bolt why they overnight pulled the whole of the Meldrum channel without any explanation.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Now lets give the hardworking modest Insta success a break eh ?
She is slowly strating to adopt the rules
View attachment 4739

Captioned with "Happy Monday! List writing, content planning & life admin sort of day! Any exciting plans this week? Have a good one guys ? | (I am labelling this an AD under new rules as some items in the picture were gifted)"

Then there is this one

View attachment 4740

The caption on this is even more intensive
"These boots are DREAMY! I almost bought them before Christmas but decided I didn’t need them....they popped up on my adverts on the Mac yesterday down to £7 in the @newlook sale but only available in a size 6, thought I’d pop in to the store since I was close by & there was one pair left & it just happened to be my size, they were £12 in store not £7 but still!!! I adore them & they are so so comfortable! No big plans today, a chilled Sunday dog sitting ?? what’s everyone up to? (I am labelling this an AD under new rules as some items in the picture were gifted)"

Rome wasn't built in a day and if she wants to integrate it into a sort of guessing game as to what was gifted what was bought then who are we mere mortals to argue with the goddess of giftology
The boots she claimed to buy

So the glasses and the coat were gifted.

It's like wheres walley. Spot the gift.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There was definitely a mention of an invitation to the city and they would do it more often. Never did it again, presumably not invited again.

Reactions: 5
This

This may or may not have gifted items in it but either way its the stuff of nightmares and whilst not up to the horrors of this kilt wearing nightmare:

It goes to show that kilts are best left as a casual thing to wear.
I would point out that the picture of Alex Salmond is there to show how ludicrous he looks
No inference is meant between any current charges Mr Salmond faces and any other person
Put simply its an attack on the look of kilts not on the moral integrity of people who wear them

On the other hand her hubbys waistcoat I rather like. Its a great pity you cant sort of hover over the picture and a bubble pops up saying waistcoat £79.99 from Browns of Glasgow a bit like on facebook when you hover over a piccie and it gives the persons name

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.