Mrs Meldrum #153 full of scrunchies and bad decisions

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard that schools don’t tell the parents/kids until the last day of term so they don’t end up inundated with calls from parents like Rebekah who don’t agree with class changes and demand their kids be moved. Gives them the whole of summer holidays to calm the duck down
A lot of the time schools cant finalise themselves until super late anyway, especially where they are perhaps waiting on confirmation of probationers , teachers coming back from maternity leave, sick leave , filing vacancies , working through placement requests etc , it’s a massive jigsaw. But of course rebecca is onyl worried about herself 🙄

Reactions: 8
I heard that schools don’t tell the parents/kids until the last day of term so they don’t end up inundated with calls from parents like Rebekah who don’t agree with class changes and demand their kids be moved. Gives them the whole of summer holidays to calm the duck down
That’s pretty genius, to be fair.

Most primaries in my area only have a one form intake, so there’s no changing.
What I found really interesting about the state sector is how often children move schools, even just within the area. (Yes, that’s probably very “overheard in Waitrose” but I just assumed unless you moved miles and miles away that you’d stay throughout your school career 😅)

Reactions: 4
Thought over sharing was out yet she’s just shared a photo of the family calendar? Make it make sense!

Reactions: 20
How does the end of school process work in Scotland compared to England? Here (England) we get told the new teacher near the end of term, are there big changes like kids from different schools being mixed in Scotland? I'm trying to understand her anxiety, I've had 3 kids finish primary and one still there and this is not something I recognise in me or any other parents I known over the years so I'm guessing I'm missing something about the way it works?!
You won’t get mixed in with other kids from other school here in Scotland, until you go to high school.

Scotland is Primary 1-7. For example my own youngest is at primary, each primary group has 2 classes (a and b) has been with the same class for p1 and p2, and based on the last email from school last week re class structure for next year it’s looking like my child will go into p3 with the exact same class of children.
If our school are likely to have a restructure they will send out a friendship form where we put names of friends.
However we and the teachers only find out class for next year a few days before school finished. Chatted about this exact thing at a parents evening, only the teachers taking p1 know already as they make nursery visits in advance for the incoming pupils.

High school S1-6 is a little different. At my eldest high school they mix more than I remember mixing in the early high school days.
But certainly now my eldest into s3 and has picked a subject, they don’t do a lot with with their registration class other than register for the day along with a few other core subjects they *have* to do.

Haven’t known anyone to have such anxiety about this in all my years of kids at school. Unless you are dealing with a bullying situation I’ve always found our primary school very accommodating and they know their pupils!

Reactions: 6
She’s probably worried her kids will be in classes with kids from the affordable housing and she will have to be friendly with their parents who go to the affordable pub.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She needs a job and then she can have a bit of perspective about what is important and stop stressing over really what is trivial in the grand scheme of things

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You won’t get mixed in with other kids from other school here in Scotland, until you go to high school.

Scotland is Primary 1-7. For example my own youngest is at primary, each primary group has 2 classes (a and b) has been with the same class for p1 and p2, and based on the last email from school last week re class structure for next year it’s looking like my child will go into p3 with the exact same class of children.
If our school are likely to have a restructure they will send out a friendship form where we put names of friends.
However we and the teachers only find out class for next year a few days before school finished. Chatted about this exact thing at a parents evening, only the teachers taking p1 know already as they make nursery visits in advance for the incoming pupils.

High school S1-6 is a little different. At my eldest high school they mix more than I remember mixing in the early high school days.
But certainly now my eldest into s3 and has picked a subject, they don’t do a lot with with their registration class other than register for the day along with a few other core subjects they *have* to do.

Haven’t known anyone to have such anxiety about this in all my years of kids at school. Unless you are dealing with a bullying situation I’ve always found our primary school very accommodating and they know their pupils!
The senior system sounds the same as here and while primary is a bit different in terms of starting it’s not as wild as what I was expect for the anxiety Beggy has described.

You do in some councils.

She’ll be worried incase she gets an outspoken teacher who tells her the truth about her, and her little darlings.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She’s probably worried her kids will be in classes with kids from the affordable housing and she will have to be friendly with their parents who go to the affordable pub.
This 😂😂😂

She needs to remember she’s married to a bloke from Torry with a RFC tattoo 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm in the SE of Scotland, classes are rarely mixed and we found out our new teacher last week which was quite late.

I can’t believe that part of her insta story is her bleaching her bin!! I don’t think I can watch this shite anymore…..Is bin bleaching really insta worthy???? Ch***t almighty!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A lot of the time schools cant finalise themselves until super late anyway, especially where they are perhaps waiting on confirmation of probationers , teachers coming back from maternity leave, sick leave , filing vacancies , working through placement requests etc , it’s a massive jigsaw. But of course rebecca is onyl worried about herself 🙄
Yep, exactly this. Teachers don’t have to give notice that they are leaving until May half term anyway (or at least that was the rule when I was teaching), so in a lot of cases, head teachers might not know which staff are going to be there next year until June and that’s before they even start working out who is going where. They can hardly tell parents before they know themselves 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 6
Doesn’t even make sense
IMG_6878.jpeg

Get a grip Binny and just busy yourself with your bin rather than fretting about nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thought she had brought out a supplement brand for a minute until I realised Mammoth Meldrum is never Happy

Reactions: 2
Yes emailed out at 3:30 then put school answer machine on 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Take it that one day at home with P instead of school turned out to be inconvenient for Reb if she’s labelling people who home school as brave now

Reactions: 12