Mrs Meldrum #151 less Aspen more Asda

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really best start begging on socials for Emma mattress to gift her some single bed mattresses. There is no way the girls are going to be able to have double beds in their rooms if they are planning to downsize 🤣😉

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If money is a worry, then how do you explain all the holidays? I know they tend to go for low budget trips, but still… why not do half the holidays and use the extra money to overpay the mortgage so that when their renewal comes up, it doesn’t sting quite as badly…

Reactions: 17
If money is a worry, then how do you explain all the holidays? I know they tend to go for low budget trips, but still… why not do half the holidays and use the extra money to overpay the mortgage so that when their renewal comes up, it doesn’t sting quite as badly…
Because that’s the sensible thing. But Binny wants the appearance of wealth without actually having it. I guarantee it’s not a happy house just now.

Reactions: 22
I think because they are both of a very immature mindset whereby they cannot accept that you often have to have one or the other in life unless you are earning £250k plus.

In the years that we’ve saved to move house, done major renovations etc then we’ve had much cheaper or no holidays. Most people accept that you have to prioritise.

They have such a need to portray a life that suggests they are wealthy and doing better than others.

Thing is if they were they would have:

Had the kitchen that she wanted at the back of the house and remodelled all the landscaping

Go on holidays in peek times, with good flight times etc. Sani / Ikos in Greece etc

Have beautiful home decor.

Wear clothes from higher brands than Shein and primark

Cook much more abundant, exciting food. They live in Scotland with amazing produce!

It all just looks very cheap and cheerful. Now that’s fine, but it’s in juxtaposition to the Dubai diamond lifestyle they like to portray

Reactions: 26
I think they got a bounce back loan and did the kitchen using that. The dregs of the Mrs Meldrum reserves, granddad’s inheritance and whatever can be scraped together from affiliate links pays for holidays. They get the cheapest of everything to eke out the money as no more is being generated.

To actually sit on your bottom for hours on end every day and not look for any type of employment whilst your family gets more and more financially damaged is reprehensible. It’s been 5 years since the whole KKK debacle. It should have been obvious after 6 months that it wasn’t recoverable. Even if KKK hadn’t happened, it was obvious that this influencer life wouldn’t and couldn’t last forever. Beggy should have been planning and ups killing but has spent 4 years walking the dog. So now they have to sell the house?!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just looked at the new builds and oh wow they look lovely! I thought they were affordable housing or something the way she went on!

Is her house 5 bed? Didn’t she pay £600k for it. There’s brand new, lovely 5 beds for £763k. So she’ll probably be trying to sell her house a £100k less than a new build where everything is new and won’t need replaced for a number of years and oh there’s been no MURDER!
I don’t think she be able to sell it somehow.

Reactions: 7
I really cannot fathom their finances.
600K house on let’s be generous and say Lee earns 60-70K.
She said once they were mortgaged up to their eye balls-although she lies a lot so who knows.
Interest rates now much higher and yet they go on frequent holidays and yes they’re package holidays and not upmarket resorts BUT there’s 5 of them so it’s going to be a few thousand each time.
I don’t think Grandad left her that much. Surely her mum or dad ( not sure which side Grandad it was) would have inherited most of his estate? She got the Land Rover and perhaps a few thousand.
They’ve had work done on the house- kitchen bathroom etc. Even though her kitchen is bog standard cabinets etc. it would have been thousands with the wall coming down and the dream beam!!

She’s always buying clothes, going out for coffee, lunch etc.
If it’s paid for on credit cards they must have tens of thousands of £ in debt and just making minimum payments. Thats is not sustainable for long!
So rather than contribute financially by getting a job, she thinks they can sell up? That house won’t sell for anything like she wants especially with all the nicer new builds right behind her! Never mi d the hideous history and water stained pink paint!!

Reactions: 13
She has spent years waxing on about how she loves where she lives, access to countryside, family nearby etc. She has mentioned a yearning to be near the sea, but never a ‘pull’ to be in town - where presumably life is cheaper and less exclusive. The stench of BS is strong.

Have never heard of ‘messy families’ living in small houses feeling grateful for their lack of space?! If Beggy can’t keep a spacious house with plenty storage tidy, moving to something smaller is not the answer!

It’s simply laughable that an able bodied adult with no job says she has to move house cos she can’t be bothered tidying or driving her kids to town.

Agree they must be absolutely desperate to be doing this. The holidays and alleged diamond are a distraction to give the illusion of financial comfort. A stupid, selfish and doomed strategy.

(And wtf with those bathroom tiles and hallway panelling beading 🤮)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Moving closer to the school so she can also sack off the one bit of parenting she occasionally does with the school run.

And because they can't afford to stay obviously.

Reactions: 12
As a previous poster pointed out, she has a very new money view to wealth.

Wealth is bring financially free - paying off your mortgage early, having a saving property as income, being able to invest, have a couple of nice holidays a year, eating well. It’s why proper wealth don’t care about their cars or what the latest trends are - they get their money working for them, not splurging on Temu and fake Dubai.

She’s tacky!

Reactions: 27
This might be a stupid question but will the history of the murder be discussed with a potential buyer? Like is it an obligation of the estate agents? I know you can Google and all the information is there but just wondering if it’ll be obvious to a buyer!

Reactions: 6
Just googled it-
“It is a legal requirement under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (or CPR's), that estate agents and property vendors alike have to disclose any information that could either effect or decrease the value of a property. This does include both murder and suicide in the property”
So the murder could very well make her house a much lower value

• Wow
Reactions: 23
She’s not moving house, just like she’s not moving to Dubai and lees not giving up his offshore job and Poppy isn’t being home schooled

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
She’s not moving house, just like she’s not moving to Dubai and lees not giving up his offshore job and Poppy isn’t being home schooled
I laughed out loud at this as i can see this happening to. I just don't get why you'd show off your house to loads of strangers invading her kids privacy once again if you had no intention of moving. Its dumb

Just googled it-
“It is a legal requirement under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (or CPR's), that estate agents and property vendors alike have to disclose any information that could either effect or decrease the value of a property. This does include both murder and suicide in the property”
So the murder could very well make her house a much lower value
Who in their right mind would buy a house which a murder had taken place? Especially when there’s beautiful new builds next door.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
What are the new builds called/who is the building company? Was going to have a wee look!
---
Ignore that I’ve found them!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Those house photos are just another attempt at fishing for compliments 🥱 they have no intention/can't afford to move.

I laughed out loud at this as i can see this happening to. I just don't get why you'd show off your house to loads of strangers invading her kids privacy once again if you had no intention of moving. Its dumb

For content, narc supply. I’d say a huge % of her followers have moved house at some point and probably bought and sold so they’ll all have some insight/thoughts/advice etc to message her and keep her engagement up and she will ignore them all of course.

And the obvious fawning over how over how lovely her house is. A home valuation costs nothing and let’s be honest she wasn’t doing anything else

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.