Mrs Meldrum #151 less Aspen more Asda

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just read on the wiki that they moved into that house Oct 2023. So they have been there 5 and a half years. I imagine they got a 5 year fixed mortgage and everything was peachy and then October last year they had to remortgage and the payments have increased drastically. They probably thought they’d be fine with the new payments but now 6 months on they’re realising that actually it does impact their life greatly.
This will be exactly what’s happened. See if she wasn’t so hung up on which postcode she lives in they could have moved out on Banchory altogether and had a nicer house for less and probably wouldn’t be in the financial mess they’re in now

She’s also living in lala land if she honestly thought at Lee’s level working 2/3 in the North Sea without her actually working was going to be able sustain there lifestyle after liftgate

Has she published her latest accounts on companies house yet? She’s been in decline the last 5 years she definitely isn’t making peak Go Florie revenue these days

Reactions: 8
100% they’ve probably borrowed against the house too when rates were low

Reactions: 11
I think even of she was to get a job it still wouldn't bring in enough to keep the house as she'd be on minimum wage in Asda or something like that. She's not qualified enough to do anything else.

They'll move because madam will stamp her feet and get her own way.

Reactions: 8
I think even of she was to get a job it still wouldn't bring in enough to keep the house as she'd be on minimum wage in Asda or something like that. She's not qualified enough to do anything else.

They'll move because madam will stamp her feet and get her own way.
Could you imagine rocking up at Banchory Tesco and there’s Binny stacking shelves..

That will be why she’ll never get a job because she’d have to work somewhere local and she’s probably too embarrassed to do that after years of acting like she’s better than everyone else who lives there and broadcasting that she a) doesn’t need to work and b) doesnt want too

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Do you think maybe she's seen a house in town she likes??and this has prompted her......

Reactions: 5
She does realise that buying and selling a house and moving costs quite a lot of money - you can’t #ad and #aff link the legal fees and LBTT

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I reckon their holidays are funded by grandads inheritance and that money is running out. So in order for our Binny continuing the lifestyle she wants they need to downsize. Bet there’s been some sour discussions in that house!!

Reactions: 9
Why does everyone think Granada was a multi millionaire? 😂
---
She does realise that buying and selling a house and moving costs quite a lot of money - you can’t #ad and #aff link the legal fees and LBTT
They won't have a clue. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Didn’t realise she had such hideous tiles 🤣
Those floor tiles do not go well with the wall tiles 🫠🫠
It looks to me - bathroom & kitchen aside, that all they have done is paint walls & add some big standard panelling to the house, would hardly say it’s been a massive reno! She’s delusional- hope she loses a fortune on it

Reactions: 18
Look at her house and then look at the new builds going up behind her.
You can have Beggys Murder House with tit decorating or you could have a brand spanking new house, probably more economical and with a functional layout!

Reactions: 17
Look at her house and then look at the new builds going up behind her.
You can have Beggys Murder House with tit decorating or you could have a brand spanking new house, probably more economical and with a functional layout!
Also with LBTT paid, new flooring and other such incentives

Reactions: 6
All her photos show are paint and carpets. That's it. Only parts of the house that have been properly updated in terms of electrics/plugsockets/replastering etc are the kitchen and the ensuite in their room.
There's been no real renovation at all. No full rewire, stripping walls back to the brick, self levelling on the floors, rendering, new gutters everywhere...I could go on.

They've literally just painted and expected a premium.

Reactions: 20
I just think Beggy cannot prioritise. She wants a massive house but also lots of expensive holidays and constant shopping. And not to work, and Lee not to work as much as he could.

They won’t move though, she couldn’t cope with selling it for what they’d actually get.

Reactions: 10
The wishing they’d stayed in the cute little starter home must keep her awake at night.

Reactions: 12
There is no way in hell she’d choose to downsize unless her hand was being forced. They are absolutely skint and can’t afford the mortgage

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.