Mrs Meldrum #12 Months Of Blagging And Scamming The Sheep, Then Tattle Is Born And The Meldrums Lose Sleep!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We were 26 when we bought our first house. It wasn’t £600k - it was £250k - we had 3 kids under 5 and both worked, I was also finishing my masters. For about 4 years, before interest rates came down, we had very little for the new house. We had to save up to replace our student digs sofa with a nice one. We bought a ‘family’ sized dining table from gumtree and had a mishmash dining chairs. The only quality expensive items we bought new were mattresses with Birthday money from relatives! Any decorating we did ourselves with toddlers helping and getting paint on themselves!! This is what real life is like for working families, esp if you have kids. The Doldrums are so far out of touch with young families, they have made themselves obsolete. They act like a (glum) couple in their late 40’s, esp with the new house, but are advertising baby food, caprisun and next. They are ‘broken’ YT advertisers - totally unrelatable. And that’s before you look at their lack of ethics, dubious #spon posts and lies!
And this is the reality of life!! I don’t know anyone who is so “kept” as a married woman by her parents. That’s the whole fun of being independent, no carpets for the first few weeks and garden chairs ?

Reactions: 11
I find the whole woe is me I'm skint post just a week after her food bank visit in such poor taste. She saw first hand just what being truly skint means, but still she's moaning! How many of her sheep are genuinely on the breadline after Christmas, wondering how they'll heat their houses and feed their families while she moans that log baskets are too expensive and she's bought too much alcohol and flowers. She's so far removed from reality, it would be hilarious if it wasn't tragic!

Reactions: 32
Rinse and repeat yep

There's some financial management ad coming.

I think Cleo was 1 app 5quid per sign up.

Sure there was Another

Let's not forget PayPal money

I'm sure another holiday be booked by feb

Jan

New year declutter speed clean
Money app
Gym pics and kindly gifted active wear.
Rebs should hire you for content creator ;) can you imagine working for :m:m:m

I find the whole woe is me I'm skint post just a week after her food bank visit in such poor taste. She saw first hand just what being truly skint means, but still she's moaning! How many of her sheep are genuinely on the breadline after Christmas, wondering how they'll heat their houses and feed their families while she moans that log baskets are too expensive and she's bought too much alcohol and flowers. She's so far removed from reality, it would be hilarious if it wasn't tragic!
it's because her head is up her arse ....

Reactions: 6
And this is the reality of life!! I don’t know anyone who is so “kept” as a married woman by her parents. That’s the whole fun of being independent, no carpets for the first few weeks and garden chairs ?
When we first moved into our house we spent about 12 weeks (and at christmas) with deck chairs while we waited for our sofa. My butt was broken and my back was in bits after that ?? but when I finally sank into my new sofa... bliss!! And not once did I have to beg for anything ??‍♀ even now, a lot of my food storage is old ice cream tubs etc. No fancy mason jars for me lol

Reactions: 11
View attachment 3527View attachment 3529we suspected Louise distanced herself from Reb for her sketchy behaviour and I think we're probably right
Sorry but Louise you are NOT being OTT you are merely following the rules.!!! Also you are the worst culprit (even on this post) of only accepting praise over any post, work related or not and that is not how s business should run!! Constructive criticism is not nastiness and you call out anyone who you think has done this! The whole DLP saga has really had a knock on affect and all these influencers are running around trying to look better than the next one! Oh and Louise! You ARE an influencer, companies pay you to try and /influence sell stuff ???sorry but she gets on my wick too atm! ?

Reactions: 12
Louise isn’t my favourite either but she is doing what I’ve wanted Reb to do from the start. A clear cut letter explaining things. It’s not bloody hard Reb! And no we’re not twats and arseholes for wanting to know if you’re selling us something. Anything other than clear cut is shady and deceitful. Would love it if Rebecca did what Louise has done. Yes she’s covering her own back but at leasg she’s bloody doing it! Reb couldn’t give two hoots! She has the attitude that’s shes above all that; a hindrance and a hassle to just be upfront.

Reactions: 10
AD always appears in tiny text at end with reb.

I dont think reb and Pentland were ever true freinds.

I think they all trying to distance themselves from her but also be polite and fake hence why they still comment sometimes on her posts.

Louise was never channel mum
Has way bugger following

Call me cynical I maybe wrong some maybe genuine friendships forged in Industry.

Many are hangers on looking for leg up.

Kate murnane and Louise Pentland have much bigger following and attract better brands they don't need to associate with the at all geographically they miles away.

I said it before and still think its odd

How she networks with very few channel mums or infleuncers.

Even the Scottish ones.

If Charlotte taylor won award at northern vlog awards is there nothing for Scotland.

The seldom travels to any major events.

I cannot stand " CHANNEL MUM"

Reactions: 10
I cannot stand " CHANNEL MUM"
My problem with Channel Mum is the lack of diversity in the family units they promote. Most of them are straight, white, stay-at-home parents. It's almost 2019 for cripes sakes. A bit more diversity would be wonderful. Are you telling me they don't have same-sex families in the UK? Come on Channel Mum!

Reactions: 16
My problem with Channel Mum is the lack of diversity in the family units they promote. Most of them are straight, white, stay-at-home parents. It's almost 2019 for cripes sakes. A bit more diversity would be wonderful. Are you telling me they don't have same-sex families in the UK? Come on Channel Mum!
Aren't the Meet the Wildes with Channel Mum?

Reactions: 2
Is this dumb woman being serious? Sat in her £600k detached property moaning about being skint having just visited a bleeping FOOD BANK less than a week before. Yes, Rebecca, Christmas is a time when people generally spend money on OTHERS, it's a time of giving. I know it must pain you to spend money on someone else, being the selfish money-grabbing tight-arse that you are. I honestly don't know how she has the guts to post tit like that.

There's a reason that they receive a lot of hate in comparison to other family vloggers. Rebecca, if you're ever wondering why it is that you get so much negativity, the answer is YOU. You're just not that likeable, simple as that. People don't like you because you're thoughtless and rude. Leaving the Inghams aside, there's only one other UK-based vlogging family that gets as much 'hate' and that's the SacconeJoly's - and again, there's a bloody good reason for that too. But their following us 1.5m+, yet the Meldrum's thread on here moves twice as fast as the dedicated SacconeJoly board, which says something.

Reactions: 31
They weren't friends but Becky wishes they were with all her tags and mentions. She deleted the video very quickly when someone posted it here when mrs Meldrum she didn't like Louise's content - she called it boring ;)

They would be too scared to use someone small like her, even though she's a great example. Just using jefree as he's making 100m+ a year and is one of the biggest
Did Mrs M really say that? ? Do you have a link? Wow!

Louise isn’t my favourite either but she is doing what I’ve wanted Reb to do from the start. A clear cut letter explaining things. It’s not bloody hard Reb! And no we’re not twats and arseholes for wanting to know if you’re selling us something. Anything other than clear cut is shady and deceitful. Would love it if Rebecca did what Louise has done. Yes she’s covering her own back but at leasg she’s bloody doing it! Reb couldn’t give two hoots! She has the attitude that’s shes above all that; a hindrance and a hassle to just be upfront.
'Twats and arseholes' ???

Reactions: 3
Interesting...……………………...I certainly wouldn't want it as my family's main income...………………...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/tec...ir-power-heres-why/ar-BBRxIyc?ocid=spartandhp
This is why she's been so hell bent on not declaring when something is an ad or been given for free.

Even when the followers are real, the posts are clearly labelled as “paid partnerships” and consumers are successfully alerted to a brand they have not heard of before, this is still unlikely to drive a sale, Ms Brice says.

Why? “Because it’s a real turn-off...The influencer isn’t saying they genuinely love what they’re sharing. They’ve been paid to talk about it...The consumer knows this so the product is instantly devalued in their eyes.”

Influencers’ fans will “slowly grow tired and lose interest” in their posts altogether, Ms Brice predicts.

Eventually, brands will refuse to pay influencers the “extortionate and unreasonable charges required to get their products covered”, she adds.

Reactions: 8
Interesting...……………………...I certainly wouldn't want it as my family's main income...………………...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/tec...ir-power-heres-why/ar-BBRxIyc?ocid=spartandhp

Ah, the penny's dropped. Louise only wrote her post because it's HER image at the top of that article about influencers and she's desperate to proclaim her integrity. Lol.

The tide really is turning against influencers. There's been quite a few negative articles and bits of research recently. Let's see if Louise et al are so keen to remain active on Instagram when they can't make money off their followers. Louise pretends it's some sort of helpful community for women to connect and (gag) empower each other. Bollocks.

Reactions: 14
I don’t like Louise AT ALL, I think she is full of it and she needs to stop acting like she’s Oprah trying to pull some kind of community together when she’s only in it for the $$$$$.
But.... Reb, I think she just called you a sneaky d*ck! Yikes

IMG_1727.jpg

Reactions: 6
Did Mrs M really say that? ? Do you have a link? Wow!
Yes she did in a Q&A video which she suddenly deleted/made private after it was mentioned.
It was from 2 years ago and she was criticising Louise's "new" content and saying it was boring, not the Sprinkleofglitter she use to enjoy.
Wilfred Anderson's channel onYouTube might still have it.

Reactions: 3
The bigger influencers have no issue

Same sex, mixed race, single parents, children with additional needs,families from different ethnic backgrounds

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.