Mrs Meldrum #12 Months Of Blagging And Scamming The Sheep, Then Tattle Is Born And The Meldrums Lose Sleep!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s gonna be fuming that Tattle has ruined her big announcement!?
Available to preorder on Amazon too... So when will the prepublishing pish start? We're about 10 weeks until publish date 7th March. I love journalling etc, even peeked at Emily Norris's one after reading about it on here earlier today and to be fair it's beautifully produced. But too much mummy stuff /hacks for me.. and expensive, which she has explained nicely the reasons for. But this Mrs M one about to churned out is very niche for mummies /mommies / superfans and a bit wanky I feel. ?

Reactions: 2
Snooze fest ? fits in with the brand don’t you think. She wasn’t going to announce it right now after nearly 2 months of limiting comments on her Instagram, along with blocking and deleting comments on all platforms. She will be waiting for the new year when she’s back from her break and pretend she’s got her “positive pants” on for the cameras. Fresh start and oh hi guys save money this new yuuuurr by doing these activities from my new book! You could do the same activities with your kids using far cheaper colouring and activity books but thanks ?we don’t need some uppity middle class daddy’s girl to tell us all this

Reactions: 16
The recent stories about wanting to stop being a shouty mum, concentrating on positivity etc all sounds like lead ups to announcing the book as perfect ways to bond with your little nuggets, colouring with them will be classed as a self care exercise for good mental health and all that other mumbo jumbo.

Reactions: 19
Aw no I'm gutted........I was hoping it was going to be a cook book. I'm still wondering how the curry water tasted :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 30
Snooze fest ? fits in with the brand don’t you think. She wasn’t going to announce it right now after nearly 2 months of limiting comments on her Instagram, along with blocking and deleting comments on all platforms. She will be waiting for the new year when she’s back from her break and pretend she’s got her “positive pants” on for the cameras. Fresh start and oh hi guys save money this new yuuuurr by doing these activities from my new book! You could do the same activities with your kids using far cheaper colouring and activity books but thanks ?we don’t need some uppity middle class daddy’s girl to tell us all this
First 100 orders placed come with your own woods to walk in....and a chance to win your very own log basket.. ????

Reactions: 19
What exactly she knows about entertaining and interacting with children I don’t know. Lee does most of it and if she’s ever involved it boils down to a walk, a mooch or a trip to a coffee shop or garden centre. Seriously how on earth is she qualified to write this?!!

Reactions: 12
What exactly she knows about entertaining and interacting with children I don’t know. Lee does most of it and if she’s ever involved it boils down to a walk, a mooch or a trip to a coffee shop or garden centre. Seriously how on earth is she qualified to write this?!!
Guess publishers will indulge in any old tat.

But she still has sell loads to be loaded

Reactions: 2
Crossed my mind too.... I think they missed an opportunity and narrowed the audience making it feminine as in mummy. Daddy would have been great to include ? but that's the mum mafia for you. ?

Reactions: 7
Wants to know what we want from her in 2019 on the grid and YouTube. Is she sure? Lol

I actually don’t get the book. She doesn’t have a huge following. People who used to like her can’t stand her. What are the publishers thinking?

Reactions: 5
She is so desperate to be in the same league as some of the other vloggers, bloggers, instamums etc who have their own books. Some of whom are talented authors or use their talents, lived experiences etc to write a book, like Gi Fletcher, Unmumsy Mum, Part Time Working Mummy etc.

There are already lots of activity books out there for a few quid or less. If I need some inspiration on new activities then I use google or Pinterest. I’m sure a lot of parents do the same.

Emily Norris’ planner is expensive but it does tie into her “mum hacks” and organisational stuff which she has done a lot of vlogs and these have proved popular with her followers. How often has Mrs M done vlogs and insta stories on activities to do with the children (not including going for a walk)?

Reactions: 8
Call me mean-spirited, but I hope this well and truly bombs! She doesn’t deserve a penny from her loyal sheep after her behaviour this past year.

Reactions: 21
OT a little, but what’s with the “I want to get out of the festive fog”. I can understand that feeling come the 2nd Jan, but aren’t we slap bang in the heart of the festive period right now? This is the problem with the extended commercial run up to Christmas (and I guess the bloggers will be more susceptible to this given they’re part of all the ad guff), the real festive period seems to be overlooked now and over as soon as Christmas Day is done. A shame really. It’s over and on to the next thing so quickly. Just ‘stepping back’ to coin a meldrum phrase and enjoying this period is really important, I feel.

As you were!

Reactions: 17
Also, yes, she will be fuming you’ve stolen her thunder.

Book signings and trips to London aplenty coming up, I’m sure!

Reactions: 6
Call me mean-spirited, but I hope this well and truly bombs! She doesn’t deserve a penny from her loyal sheep after her behaviour this past year.
If zoella and her combined 25 million + followers had a flop book Mrs meldrum isn't gonna sell many copies to her "200k followers" :D

Reactions: 10
OT a little, but what’s with the “I want to get out of the festive fog”. I can understand that feeling come the 2nd Jan, but aren’t we slap bang in the heart of the festive period right now? This is the problem with the extended commercial run up to Christmas (and I guess the bloggers will be more susceptible to this given they’re part of all the ad guff), the real festive period seems to be overlooked now and over as soon as Christmas Day is done. A shame really. It’s over and on to the next thing so quickly. Just ‘stepping back’ to coin a meldrum phrase and enjoying this period is really important, I feel.

As you were!
I actually completely agree, away from Mrs M, who in previous years couldn't wait to take the decs down there does seem to be a wave of 'let's get it over with' nowadays, which I think is desperately sad in a young family. I have magic memories of this time of year at home as a kid. The meldrum Girls won't with their throwaway gifts, like a selection box, gone in a Moment! .
However, again Mrs M aside as she didn't bother with much festive content on her channel (again, major lack of effort) vloggers do have a busy time (personal choice) leading up to it if they are competing for viewers, have hails, decorating, vlogmas vids for us to enjoy. You'd actually never know it was Christmas in many homes and we orry to say, Mrs Ms content feels cold and empty considering the time of year. Like tesco etc, these vloggers will be shoving Easter egg adverts on our faces shortly!

If zoella and her combined 25 million + followers had a flop book Mrs meldrum isn't gonna sell many copies to her "200k followers" :D
Two (cough) hundred (cough) thousand followers ?

Reactions: 4
OT a little, but what’s with the “I want to get out of the festive fog”
It's all work for them, they've been paid for their Christmas ads. That's over now so they are just waiting for valentines, Easter, mother's Day ect for when the marketing departments have budgets to shoot in their face again???.

Reactions: 6
I actually completely agree, away from Mrs M, who in previous years couldn't wait to take the decs down there does seem to be a wave of 'let's get it over with' nowadays, which I think is desperately sad in a young family. I have magic memories of this time of year at home as a kid. The meldrum Girls won't with their throwaway gifts, like a selection box, gone in a Moment! .
However, again Mrs M aside as she didn't bother with much festive content on her channel (again, major lack of effort) vloggers do have a busy time (personal choice) leading up to it if they are competing for viewers, have hails, decorating, vlogmas vids for us to enjoy. You'd actually never know it was Christmas in many homes and we orry to say, Mrs Ms content feels cold and empty considering the time of year. Like tesco etc, these vloggers will be shoving Easter egg adverts on our faces shortly!

Two (cough) hundred (cough) thousand followers ?
It’s not great for mental health really, I fear. Constantly chasing the next event/festivity, the next thing to buy and consume and get the perfect insta photo for... Live in the moment a bit more I say. Kids don’t stay little for long. I’d rather have the memories of spending time together than just a heap of material things to look at when I’m old and they’ve flown the nest. (Taken me a while to realise that though, I’m not perfect myself!)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.