Mrs Meldrum #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We did buy a doer upper and we spent most of savings 1st month we moved in on all new guttering and facias and decent fencing.
However the broken guttering has caused damp problems to some walls that we are still treating.
We live in a terrace so imagine all new guttering for their house would be around 3-4k mark heck its less than a beam of dreams.
Don't think they ever got their Electric gate of dreams..
Is the shed not original and where the dead body was kept.
Their new fencing looks like pointless waste of time.
I know they had some minor work done to garden I suspect the newly married brother did it for them on the cheap.
However I have always hated their exterior of their house and garden.
I think its just too vast, high maintainance, not secure or safe for kids., not zoned very well at all not even nice lawn its like mass moss .
Not even a free hammock and some faded asda free furniture can make that patio look aspirational or place i would want to spend time in.
What daft company would work with her now.
The woman can't even afford a washing line!
We really would have loved a new kitchen but sometimes it's matter priorities.
We paid 5k to have garden landscaped last year with raised decking and new play equipment for kids we paid for.
We got quotes for rendering and painting and its around least 5-6k so theirs house would be double that add it guttering they nedd around 15k sort exterior of that house she better sell more lumi.
As a buyer it would put me off and any damp issues would be major negative on survey.
Their kitchen is OK but so was their last one.
The big issue is the layout is all wrong doesn't flow.
Bit sure what condition the patio doors are that lead off playroom why thats not a family living room or dining room with bar I don't know know.
We knows from what's she said on past its expensive house to heat and they mortgaged up to their eyeballs.
Wheres the new pizza oven?
I can see us adding value.
I can see them losing money as they paid too much.
The whole place just scream cold unloved mismatched rental.

Reactions: 6
That is an ugly house, even without it’s horrible history !
if I was to buy that house ( I wouldn’t ) then my first job would have been to
render those walls the Colour alone is off putting but it’s so dirty , no matter what they do internally any potential buyer would instantly be turned off even if it didn’t have the history it does, I don’t know what they paid for it but unless it was very very cheap I wouldn’t ever consider buying it I have no idea what they were thinking I had stopped following them long before they made this move so I have no clue as to what they/she was thinking it’s not a house for a young couple with kids or anyone with any sense for that matter.

Reactions: 12
There was something really nice and cosy about their last house and I don't mean that in a patronising Sarah Raven lovelylittlestarterhome way, I genuinely mean it felt like it would be nice and welcoming and I could happily live in a house like that. Marshmallow Mansion makes my blood run cold, even without the awful history there's still something about it I'm not keen on. I don't like the layout of the upstairs either.

Reactions: 25
There was something really nice and cosy about their last house and I don't mean that in a patronising Sarah Raven lovelylittlestarterhome way, I genuinely mean it felt like it would be nice and welcoming and I could happily live in a house like that. Marshmallow Mansion makes my blood run cold, even without the awful history there's still something about it I'm not keen on. I don't like the layout of the upstairs either.
I LOVED their old house, her calling it a starter home made me uncomfortable as that for me was a family home, especially as it was the perfect size for them and it was a Newbridge and nice, her car was nice, her kids were head to toe in joules and she just seemed so so preppy and sociable.
Now I feel gross for ever thinking that 🤣
Their house seems too big for just 3 kids and one part time parent, I personally don't give a toss about deaths on property, chances of this are quite high due to the lack of properties but as said, I don't care, but the house is not nice! If it was NICE I'd understand the trade in more, but it's minging! It's PINK and cold and big and mismatched

Reactions: 23
I LOVED their old house, her calling it a starter home made me uncomfortable as that for me was a family home, especially as it was the perfect size for them and it was a Newbridge and nice, her car was nice, her kids were head to toe in joules and she just seemed so so preppy and sociable.
Now I feel gross for ever thinking that 🤣
Their house seems too big for just 3 kids and one part time parent, I personally don't give a toss about deaths on property, chances of this are quite high due to the lack of properties but as said, I don't care, but the house is not nice! If it was NICE I'd understand the trade in more, but it's minging! It's PINK and cold and big and mismatched
Don’t get me wrong, if I bought a house and learned the previous owner passed away in their own home (hopefully) peacefully - no problem. But the fact that poor man was bludgeoned to death in his own home by his own son then hidden in the utility room - you couldn’t pay me to stay there I’m afraid.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
It wasn't just a death in the property, that's common but this was a brutal, gruesome murder.

Reactions: 18
It wasn't just a death in the property, that's common but this was a brutal, gruesome murder.
And his rotting body was left to fester in the wheelie bins of dreams in the back garden for 7 WEEKS.

its bleeping disgusting

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
With her crystal manifesting crap you’d think she’d believe (the much more believable idea) that places where terrible things happen have an aura about them. Does she really not feel intensely uncomfortable I’m the very same room a man got bludgeoned to death by his son?
In a lot of places where gruesome murders happen they knock down the house and and either rebuild or leave it, to be respectful.

Reactions: 21
She used to claim she was massively afraid of dark.
Yet that kitchen never had curtains and she roam around the woods by herself.
She said she dident know how change or check the oil and struggled light fire by herself
The heating bill, massively mortgage, council tax equivalent baffles me if she had 590k why she moved there its not as if her parents are that hands on.
Not even being turned down for 1 mortgage was enough of a sign.

I just don't know what they saw in the place.
Its like dead space all over.
Clearly they no money for luxuries or they would have gone away.
I still think something off as clearly they just have known about the house history and parents tried sell their house next door and failed.

Reactions: 6
A beautiful family home big enough for 3 kids and a decent sized garden for a dog on a lovely small development surrounded by young families and professionals, yes it was close to the main road but that's the only downside to their cute little starter home, that and the fact it was part owned by the council which Rebecca and her stuck up family wouldn't care to admit to online. Compared to a neglected, dated house with a terrible history (very well known in the area) that can only be described as suiting a retired couple with cash to burn on an estate with her parents backing onto creepy woods with planning permission for a massive housing development.. there's no comparison?! Lee was a fool to allow that move, I hope he's had some seriously good financial advice with regards to his pension because there's no way he'll be able to continue funding their lifestyle into retirement on only 1 pension income, council tax and utilities alone will cripple them. Its not like they can slow down any more given they are literally living their lives like geriatrics.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don’t like the woman. She’s baffling to me. I follow out of fascination for whatever weirdness comes next. Her self obsession and lack of self awareness make me so cross. Her elderly rugby shirt makes me giggle, the insipid interiors and copycat styling is hilarious. Her hair is ridiculous, and I have no need to see her washing her face on the regular.

But, I do like a pink house exterior 🙈

The silly moo desperately needs to deal with the water ingress, but I like the pink render, it’s pretty. And being a quiet type myself, I’d also happily choose to live in an old person street.

Reactions: 8
Rough cast shouldn’t look like that when it rains, neither should harling (harling is what the English call pebble dash I think). I worked for a builder so thought I’d clear that one up. Marshmallow Mansion has definite problems with it’s guttering which is why it’s staining the walls. Might be made worse by being north/east facing with the forest of dreams at the back? Money definitely needs spent on that house before it becomes a huge problem.

With her jumping on the TikTok bandwagon, I’d love to see her and Lee do a shuffle dance tutorial…can you imagine how badly that would go 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Only on tattle could she get career, beauty, hair, parenting, cooking and maintenance advice 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.