Mrs Meldrum #11 The Lying, The Mooch & The Smelly Wardrobe.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All these disasters could’ve been prevented with one simple solution: Lee having a job.

Sensible up and coming mummy vloggers have a partner who works while they build their channels authentically, through community and engagement. Rebecca got greedy and wanted the life of prestige before she could walk, which means now with her house husband and her massive mortgage, she’s got no choice but to do ad after ad to keep their heads above water.

Sensible mummy youtubers with partners helping to financially support them don’t need to do so many ads. When their channel has grown (organically) enough, they can then command a higher fee for ads. This means they’re in a good position to do a few select premium ads, and not take absolutely everything thrown at them.

Rebecca wanted it all ASAP and now she’s in a position of having to sell her soul to maintain the lifestyle, but she knows her audience doesn’t like it, so she has to lie and dig holes.

If she didn’t have a business advisor when making these decisions, she bloody should’ve.

Reactions: 33
All these disasters could’ve been prevented with one simple solution: Lee having a job.

Sensible up and coming mummy vloggers have a partner who works while they build their channels authentically, through community and engagement. Rebecca got greedy and wanted the life of prestige before she could walk, which means now with her house husband and her massive mortgage, she’s got no choice but to do ad after ad to keep their heads above water.

Sensible mummy youtubers with partners helping to financially support them don’t need to do so many ads. When their channel has grown (organically) enough, they can then command a higher fee for ads. This means they’re in a good position to do a few select premium ads, and not take absolutely everything thrown at them.

Rebecca wanted it all ASAP and now she’s in a position of having to sell her soul to maintain the lifestyle, but she knows her audience doesn’t like it, so she has to lie and dig holes.

If she didn’t have a business advisor when making these decisions, she bloody should’ve.
Great synopsis!

Reactions: 2
Surely all she needed to say was that it was a media/press event that she was invited to. The crux of it is that (hopefully) more people are aware and donate to the food bank, which I can’t actually get angry about, even if her portrayal of the visit did make it sound like she did it off her own back ??

The follow on Ella’s advert will be interesting though. Hopefully very carefully worded and transparent!
Unfortunately because she doesn't actually name the foodbank in the post it's unlikely they will see much benefit of it. She names the Fareshare Depot which is not the foodbank (CFINE). She did a swipe up Insta story but they obviously disappear in a year. If she wanted to genuinely generate interest for a local foodbank she would have correctly named them. Unfortunately the only people who will immediately benefit from the ad is the Meldrums who are paid for it, and Ellas Kitchen who hope to see an increase in their sales for the pouches.
If she was generating interest in distributing to foodbanks she could give details of local ones for a start (since a good number of followers are local to her) and then name other charities who are known to operate around the country. Unfortunately I can't see any proof of her supporting local charities at any time of the year. Someone previously asked what charities she supported and she ignored the question. She does nothing unless there's something in it for her!

Reactions: 12
Attempting to moderate the forum is against the rules, if you have any concerns over a message please report it. Thanks - Please read our rules and why they're important
Mrs m isn’t perfect by any means but come on.... you’re pretty much bullying the woman. You all bang on about how they parent and so forth but I hope to god you’re children don’t catch onto what your doing.... you’re all grown women. Grow up. If you don’t like what the meldrums do then just unfollow them
Instead of hiding behind a keyboard!
I think this website is great for showing what Mrs Meldrum is really up to like DLP scandal and now the food bank. She really is a piece of work but what I don’t agree with is all the comments on here about her relationships with her daughters and personal comments on the girls. Mrs M could possibly delete this vids post etc potentially if she was worried about what the girls well being but this website will be here for those girls to look up in the future and I would be devastated to think of S reading on here In the future some of the comments on here about how her parents don’t love her the same as the others ? It is actually shameful and also worse than what they are doing to their kids by exposing them to this online world of bullying. Your not hurting Reb and Lee with those kind of comment it is the girls. I really think that it would be a good idea if you stick to exposing of Rebs lies rather than anything that is going to be hurtful to those girls in the future as it just makes this website look as bad as them.

Spot on ?

Reactions: 4
I think this website is great for showing what Mrs Meldrum is really up to like DLP scandal and now the food bank. She really is a piece of work but what I don’t agree with is all the comments on here about her relationships with her daughters and personal comments on the girls. Mrs M could possibly delete this vids post etc potentially if she was worried about what the girls well being but this website will be here for those girls to look up in the future and I would be devastated to think of S reading on here In the future some of the comments on here about how her parents don’t love her the same as the others ? It is actually shameful and also worse than what they are doing to their kids by exposing them to this online world of bullying. Your not hurting Reb and Lee with those kind of comment it is the girls. I really think that it would be a good idea if you stick to exposing of Rebs lies rather than anything that is going to be hurtful to those girls in the future as it just makes this website look as bad as them.
We comment on what we SEE on her vlogs & what she herself chooses to show on the vlogs. We’re stating FACTS, we don’t make stories up. S knows herself the difference her mother makes between her & her sisters, she will never need to look elsewhere for proof of that! Any damage done to her kids is being done all by herself!

Reactions: 11
It's being said because we know The Meldrums read the threads, people are trying to get them to evaluate their behaviour and make changes for the sake of their children.

I don't think anyone would have a problem removing threads if she suddenly grew a conscience about exposing and exploiting her children.

Reactions: 7
The Instagram page is at 50 followers - will there be a self care package giveaway if it gets to 100? If so, I may just follow to see if I win! ??
And there was her thinking only a couple of people don't like her ?

Reactions: 3
I choose not to comment on the children as I don't feel comfortable doing so on here. However I do worry about children of vloggers generally you wonder what damage is being done to them constantly being filmed and their whole childhood being on the internet for anyone to view. I think if any of these vlogging families was to give up and get normal jobs threads like this would be deleted anyway. So wouldn't cause any further damage or hurt to them.
When they chooses to make their job sharing their whole life children included on the internet they are opening themselves up to criticism. I personally could not do their job for any amount of money, the thought of putting up videos of my children online for any weirdo to see makes my blood run cold.

Reactions: 7
So true... darent follow the account or like it incase I lose access to the absolute social media and PR train wreck but I am following from afar and finding it very insightful! The historic screen shots are eye opening and much appreciated. When you open yourself up in a public manner, as public figures to reap the benefits and also to utilise oneself as a business, you unfortunately do open yourself up to the opinions of others. Everybody has the right to have a private life and private Instagram account but that might mean not getting freebies and therefore not having to worry about declaring an ad appropriately. It also means having a real job. There are pros and cons for each but that is life.

Reactions: 6
I think this website is great for showing what Mrs Meldrum is really up to like DLP scandal and now the food bank. She really is a piece of work but what I don’t agree with is all the comments on here about her relationships with her daughters and personal comments on the girls. Mrs M could possibly delete this vids post etc potentially if she was worried about what the girls well being but this website will be here for those girls to look up in the future and I would be devastated to think of S reading on here In the future some of the comments on here about how her parents don’t love her the same as the others [emoji35] It is actually shameful and also worse than what they are doing to their kids by exposing them to this online world of bullying. Your not hurting Reb and Lee with those kind of comment it is the girls. I really think that it would be a good idea if you stick to exposing of Rebs lies rather than anything that is going to be hurtful to those girls in the future as it just makes this website look as bad as them.
How could you say that people writing about her awful attitude that she displays on camera towards her children is actually ‘worse than what they are doing to their kids by exposing them to this online world of bullying’!?? Shame on you! The only ones exposing them to anything are their own parents so have a talk with them if you are concerned. Don’t point fingers at us when the ones shoving a camera in their faces on a daily basis are the parents themselves. Only yesterday I saw a second Instagram story on Lee’s account of S dancing in her room, which should be private! And you think us discussing how damaging this all is to their children & how Reb has no issue filming herself being snappy with the girls is worse than what they’re doing?? You’re a real piece of work then.

Reactions: 13
Mrs M could possibly delete this vids post etc potentially if she was worried about what the girls well being but this website will be here for those girls to look up in the future and I would be devastated to think of S reading on here In the future some of the comments on here about how her parents don’t love her the same as the others ? It is actually shameful and also worse than what they are doing to their kids by exposing them to this online world of bullying.
Do you feel the same way if you think about all the children of famous people who have had a lot worse said about them all over the internet, take the daily mail comment section for example and will also be able to read all the comments about them in the future? Or is it because the meldrums have chosen to show us so much of their children's lives that some viewers may be more invested in strangers children? And that's my issue. People forget that it's a business because they know so much about their whereabouts, what they eat, where they shop and on and on........

Nobody is being forced to agree with every comment on here but everyone is allowed their opinion. I think saying that we could be responsible for exposing them to cyberbullying is a bit extreme but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: 4
I’ve had a look at the new Insta page - I think the #childabuse hashtag is a step too far.

Reactions: 17
I’ve had a look at the new Insta page - I think the #childabuse hashtag is a step too far.
I agree. They’re not child abusers. Let’s not water down the message we’re trying to send by adding sensationalism.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.