Mrs Meldrum #108 She’s too lazy for a job, letters to the council prove she’s a snob!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Poppy 😫 My kids get a big dinner and dessert before bed, plus cereal or similar if they stay up later (my 3.5 year old is usually asleep at 7 so doesn’t snack after dinner and never wakes in the night unless he is ill). So she must be feeding them tiny portions? Stupid question as we know she does 🙄.

I think P either is just genuinely not a great sleeper, with no medical (redness legs, hyper mobility) reason behind it. Or she’s in a terrible routine for her age & has got into the habit of waking through the night. It could be for some attention, missing her daddy. Has Rebecca been having a snack one night P got up, gave her some and now it’s a habit? My oldest would think it’s hilarious being up at 11pm munching toast while his brother sleeps 😆 if she genuinely wakes every night because she’s hungry that’s a huge red flag. I’ve always worked with children, mainstream & additional needs and never heard this from parents as a ‘thing’
Yeah, I totally agree. She shouldn’t be hungry. I’ve always worked with children too, and of course Poppy’s going to wake at 11pm every night if she thinks she can sit up, watch TV and have a parent to herself for a bit.

Reactions: 11
So she’s written a poem about her and her sister. So Beggy was 5 at the time when she went all Emily Dickinson yet I thought she was 7 when Tegan was born. What next Beggy Haiku’s 🙄
The poem is absolutely bizarre. I just have visions of her having typed it yesterday thinking yes amazing I’ll share this tomorrow!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm super shocked at the awake child asking for food. That girl needs porridge before bed and a LOT of it if she wakes every night at 11pm for food. Is this a thing? Is it normal/common? Its not a thing in my home or my mates so I might just be a bit "unaware" of this being a struggle for parents. Mrs M never mentioned it before she just said P has sleep issues.
No it’s not a thing, the child’s either hungry from having small portions, as you say a supper would help, or she just got into the habit of waking and asking, knowing she’ll get.

Reactions: 8
Anyone else think there's trouble in paradise? She seems so very deeply unhappy atm. Constantly banging on about herself and her looks. Very insecure. I feel like there's relationship issues. "I'm missing Lee" and showing her rings off to show all is 'ok'

Reactions: 9
35206BB4-F26D-4DCE-BDC1-689A3DDEDF9C.jpg

It took her over 1.5 hrs to do that?!! Blimey she’s slow!
No doubt she will be sat on her flat arse the rest of the day🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Burned 685 calories at the gym at 12.30 but still sitting in her sweaty clothes 3 hours later, and away to do the school run, she must be stinking 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm super shocked at the awake child asking for food. That girl needs porridge before bed and a LOT of it if she wakes every night at 11pm for food. Is this a thing? Is it normal/common? Its not a thing in my home or my mates so I might just be a bit "unaware" of this being a struggle for parents. Mrs M never mentioned it before she just said P has sleep issues.
Definitely not a thing. That child is hungry. Feed them a decent meal then a substantial supper before bed. I ve never heard of a child weakening a few hours into sleep ‘ravenous’???

Reactions: 11
Burned 685 calories at the gym at 12.30 but still sitting in her sweaty clothes 3 hours later, and away to do the school run, she must be stinking 🤢
She didn’t burn that many calories at the gym. She’s so full of shite it’s honestly unbelievable. Her watch or fitness tracker or whatever the duck it is, is not accurate at all!!!! She’s such a bleeping dick.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Urgh that blonde doesn’t suit her colourings! I’m a similar colouring and blonde looks dreadful on me. My hair has gone blonde in the sun, it always does and it looks dreadful. My hairdresser has told me not to do anything to it. She’ll sort it out.

Reactions: 5
Thats a hell of a lot of calories in 1.5hours I am roughly same height and weight and burn around 500 in 1 hour during a really intense workout. Less if not.

Reactions: 2
That smoothie is pure calories and sugar that’ll spike her insulin & make her hungry again. Why not just eat a proper meal?!?

Reactions: 9
She didn’t burn that many calories at the gym. She’s so full of shite it’s honestly unbelievable. Her watch or fitness tracker or whatever the duck it is, is not accurate at all!!!! She’s such a bleeping dick.
She has no idea about calories burnt or calories in things or how they equate . She goes my what she think is healthy and some random figures on her tracker .probably more calories in her smoothie than her crisps and probably burns the same number fo calories walking as he does bouncing about the gym. She’s like a teenager doing something she read in a magazine instead of actaully understanding the science behind fitness and diets .

Reactions: 8
She has no idea about calories burnt or calories in things or how they equate . She goes my what she think is healthy and some random figures on her tracker .probably more calories in her smoothie than her crisps and probably burns the same number fo calories walking as he does bouncing about the gym. She’s like a teenager doing something she read in a magazine instead of actaully understanding the science behind fitness and diets .
If she knew about the calories in her food properly and excersise she might actually get in shape like she keeps banging on..

Reactions: 7
Harsh mummy here then 🤪 as I wouldn’t let my child keep getting up and giving them snacks. They fill themselves up throughout the evening and eat a full dinner (which if she’s not getting that’s not Poppy’s fault) or they don’t get anything at all! Not a good idea for a child to get into the habit of thinking they can get up when they want throughout the night and eat what they want. If you let them do it they will. Straight back to bed each time. If you want to eat Poppy you eat before bed. But then like I said I don’t know what she’s actually eating portion wise! She is not underweight or anything so can’t imagine she is starving her. Just think it’s really bad habits which of course she will continue to do if she’s allowed to. I put my daughter back to bed 20 times in a row many nights and soothed her but she knew I wasn’t playing that game. As long as she’s not poorly, hungry and all the obvious things are fine then a child will of course push the boundaries if they can.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.