Mrs Meldrum #102 Claims to be pretty hot on the academic, won’t homeschool during pandemic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No shout out for the indie business! Linked as an ad though!
God she’s Bandy, you drive a bus through her legs!

Blatantly hoping for a freebie 😡🤬
That’s probably the freebie she got when she went with Cath to the exclusive ‘not’ Jo Malone event! She’s on her second week on being a teacher, surly that can be her next present to herself!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The whole snack thing is def a newish thing (Bit like Mum guilt and seof love !)I had my babies quite young compared to my friends, who are now still popping them out while mine are 15 and 17, and I can never get over the amount of “snax” they seem to always have about their person while we‘re out and about.
However the idea of getting children to earn food makes me so mad its just a recipe for creating a massively unhealthy relationship with food. I dont believe in letting kids constantly graze but if they are asking for food on such a regular basis I think I would be examining what I was feeding them and the portion control

Reactions: 11
She’s exhausted apparently - clearly the Arbonne fizzy tit not as good as she makes it out to be! Glorified Berrocca!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The whole snack thing is def a newish thing (Bit like Mum guilt and seof love !)I had my babies quite young compared to my friends, who are now still popping them out while mine are 15 and 17, and I can never get over the amount of “snax” they seem to always have about their person while we‘re out and about.
However the idea of getting children to earn food makes me so mad its just a recipe for creating a massively unhealthy relationship with food. I dont believe in letting kids constantly graze but if they are asking for food on such a regular basis I think I would be examining what I was feeding them and the portion control
If they have free access they don’t tend to graze, is my experience. Our “treat cupboard” is easy access and well stocked but I have an overflowing fruit bowl too and we have home-cooked meals 6 nights out of 7. They could scoff all day but they don’t as they’re learning when snacks are appropriate and to make healthy choices.

Reactions: 16
If they have free access they don’t tend to graze, is my experience. Our “treat cupboard” is easy access and well stocked but I have an overflowing fruit bowl too and we have home-cooked meals 6 nights out of 7. They could scoff all day but they don’t as they’re learning when snacks are appropriate and to make healthy choices.
Exactly

Reactions: 4
I have snack times but the snacks aren't limited during that time, we do breakfast and they can have cereal, toast, fruit, yoghurt and eat till they are full. Around 10am ish is morning snack time and this is savoury snack so fruit, yoghurt, cheese or a toast ish product depending on how hungry they are. A substantial lunch at 12.30 ish then around 2-3 ish they can have a sweet snack but if they want two things at this time they can do

I know parents need to a certain degree control what children eat but people like Meldrum and thismamalife life are both so disordered with their eating and the way they feed their children it is scary

Reactions: 6
Completely agree, I think it’s a new thing too as my kids are older now and I didn’t have to carry 100 snacks and flasks of hot chocolate around with me every time I went for walk tbh I think it’s a little ridiculous. I do keep control of what my kids are eating as don’t want to do lots of supermarket shops at the moment so try and buy once per week and make the food last!

Reactions: 5
Not to be a total witch (ha ha ha!) but she came up on my suggested friends of FB. I went and had a snoop and you know how there are photos you can choose to display on your page. She still has ones up of her girls. But none are of P! She has the family as her profile picture but why go to the effort of choosing those photos and not put any of your youngest!?!? These poor girls are going to grow up with so many issues. I mean I’d be surprised if S hasn’t googled her mum - imagine finding all of that. Hope the girls are wise enough to ask for their cut when they are older!!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
It’s really weird! As I said I don’t have kids but I have friends who do and restricting food causes loads of issues. Lots of them are a bit weird on the chocolate thing (totally banned, no sugar at all etc) but they encourage their kids to eat when they’re hungry and to eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible. I can understand doing chores for money as I suppose it’s a good way to teach kids about work etc and I can also understand chocolate etc being a reward but it seems so bad to make your kids hoover and clean for small snacks!
I agree. My son will get a small chocolate bar if he asks for it but I’ll say something like “ok, you can have xyz once you’ve finished your school work” or he can have one for pudding if he hasn’t already had one/many that day. He has a pocket money system where he can earn per day based on his behaviour, if he helps me with his sister - say, picking up the toys with me - doing extra school work, being helpful or kind without being asked.
I don’t make housework a taboo thing that he has to be forced to do. He absolutely loves helping me with the dusting/polishing or he’ll piss Arse around with the vacuum to help. He loves washing up too so I’ll give him a chair and a sink of warm water and let him wash up the plastic stuff that the kids have. The more I don’t force him, the more he wants to help with that.
Back to the food tho, we don’t restrict as such but we monitor. I’ll know if he’s just wanting stuff if he’s bored. Me and my husband are what we lovingly refer to as “fat fucks” (not in front of the kids) so I just don’t want that for my son. So just trying to find a balance between the two sides. I don’t want him to seek food out because I’m being too tight but also don’t want him porking out because I don’t give a tit and I’m just shovelling Gold bars into his mouth 😂
Sorry for the long one but hope I make some sort of sense.

Reactions: 10
All my kids have good appetites, attitude to food and are good weight. They have always had healthy balanced meals, and fruit / flapjacks or muffins avail as snacks. My middle child represents her school for sports at national events and knows about food being fuel. I’ve been fortunate to be able to be home to offer them home cooked for their main evening meal, and now they can cook themselves. If Beggy fed her kids decent portions of nutritious meals they wouldn’t snack as much. She shows her kids a terrible example, constantly sucking away on crappy protein shakes and chugging hot chocolate all day, her blood sugar must be all over the place. She is filling herself with crap no wonder she has no energy. Where’s her complex carbs and vitamins from veg? Half a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter in a shake - utter crap!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Absolutely knackered but got time to winge on insta and then spend time answering questions at 7/7.30 surely that’s the girls bath/story/bedtime? And possibly a snack too if they had enough earnings to buy one?

Reactions: 7
Aw asking herself questions again. Bless her.

Over 300 calories in that hot chocolate. With that and her daily protein shakes, she will be needing to size up on her size xxxs leggings.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Aw asking herself questions again. Bless her.

Over 300 calories in that hot chocolate. With that and her daily protein shakes, she will be needing to size up on her size xxxs leggings.
Bloody hell! No wonder she's developed a few more chins. Haven't seen the dogtooth leggings for a while Begsy, have you had to dig out bigger sizes? Cue fancying her teeny tiny bony arse in the mirror, flicking the elastic waist of her leggings and stroking down your fluff to your legs, maybe a wee turn lifting your foot to a jaunty wee angle as you fancy yourself in your bedroom mirror, mess behind you. Predictable. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Completely agree, I think it’s a new thing too as my kids are older now and I didn’t have to carry 100 snacks and flasks of hot chocolate around with me every time I went for walk tbh I think it’s a little ridiculous. I do keep control of what my kids are eating as don’t want to do lots of supermarket shops at the moment so try and buy once per week and make the food last!
My kid doesn’t stop
Long enough to snack or have a cup of hot chocolate when we are out ! Too busy running around !

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.