Mrs Hinch #6 Truth Herts: swipe up for a shark hoover and bleach, endless £££ Sophie will leech

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi!

Im not a hinch fan and quite frankly I find her to be quite irritating so I wouldn’t say i’m a fan but I don’t outright dislike her.
I’ve read through this thread for a few days and agree with a few points (mixing chemicals, not giving good instructions for products etc) although I’m confused about a few things...

Firstly, I thought it was obvious that ‘swipe up’ links, affiliate products and reccomendations all brought Hinch a profit - Is this not obvious? I think you’d have to be quite thick to think a woman with 2 Million followers was your mate and reccomending something to you with no benefit to herself, if anyone uses instagram and isn’t aware that ‘swipe up’ links pay that person then they shouldn’t be on instagram. It’s your duty as an internet user to know what your reading and the outcomes of that.

Secondly, The same argument for animal testing could be put to any beauty influencer. L’oréal rest on products and it’s estimated around 80% of the UK population use L’oréal products. So we’re hardly all innocent of that.

Lastly, If any of her followers have got into debt to try and make their home like hers, they are a bleeping idiot. Just my opinion, but you would have to be proper dim to think your 1960’s terrace can look like her 300K new build because she has a lavender disinfectant.

I can see the argument from both sides and she’s definitely bleeping annoying but trying to take her down/witch about the animal testing/misleading people isn’t really valid.
She’s just irritating.

Reactions: 12
Have you noticed the Hinch hasn’t done one ad today. Keeping it real you see.
I only came here for a nosey as the name suggests lol I was never a "hincher" or part of any flippin army but I enjoyed her stories. But now I'm converted and can't believe I was so blind in the first place ? the constant ads were pissing me off to be fair and I've noticed that since I found this forum there hasn't been a single #ad on her story ?

Reactions: 16
I’m a newbie here (hello!) but I can’t be the only one who can’t wait to see the state of her greyscale house after a small human enters her world..

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m a newbie here (hello!) but I can’t be the only one who can’t wait to see the state of her greyscale house after a small human enters her world..
This is something I can vouch for, I have a toddler and I’m pregnant. Keeping a house clean with a toddler (especially a boy toddler) is impossible.

I’m sure she’ll have endless hacks for cleaning sticky fingerprints from her mirror furniture like us mums haven’t already been doing it for years.

Reactions: 10
Secondly, The same argument for animal testing could be put to any beauty influencer. L’oréal rest on products and it’s estimated around 80% of the UK population use L’oréal products. So we’re hardly all innocent of that.
We’re not talking about beauty influencers though, but yes the same argument can be made. People have to start somewhere and going cruelty free with cleaning products and boycotting brands that aren’t cruelty free is a great place to start for anyone who cares enough and wants to make a difference.

I practice what I preach regarding this. My cleaning products, toiletries and make up are cruelty free.

Hi!

Im not a hinch fan and quite frankly I find her to be quite irritating so I wouldn’t say i’m a fan but I don’t outright dislike her.
I’ve read through this thread for a few days and agree with a few points (mixing chemicals, not giving good instructions for products etc) although I’m confused about a few things...

Firstly, I thought it was obvious that ‘swipe up’ links, affiliate products and reccomendations all brought Hinch a profit - Is this not obvious? I think you’d have to be quite thick to think a woman with 2 Million followers was your mate and reccomending something to you with no benefit to herself, if anyone uses instagram and isn’t aware that ‘swipe up’ links pay that person then they shouldn’t be on instagram. It’s your duty as an internet user to know what your reading and the outcomes of that.

Lastly, If any of her followers have got into debt to try and make their home like hers, they are a bleeping idiot. Just my opinion, but you would have to be proper dim to think your 1960’s terrace can look like her 300K new build because she has a lavender disinfectant.

I can see the argument from both sides and she’s definitely bleeping annoying but trying to take her down/witch about the animal testing/misleading people isn’t really valid.
She’s just irritating.
It may be obvious to you, but it truly isn't to many of her followers. In the Hinch Facebook fan groups, you can see plenty of comments and posts from women defending her saying "she's just sharing products she loves! She doesn't make any money from that!".

Part of the reason for this is that they are not very informed of how social media advertising works, and Sophie does her very best to lie to them about it. She said in an IG story a while back that she doesn't get paid to post her ebay links, that she buys the products with her own money and wants to share them because she loves them, but she has to put #ad because "technically I'm showing a product to you". Whilst it's true that she buys the products with her own money, and the ebay store owners are not paying her for promotion, what she has very conveniently not told her followers is that she is part of the eBay partnership scheme, so she makes a commission for every sale. She isn't being directly paid for the posts, but indirectly, she's making a lot of money. I bet that the majority of her followers have no idea what the eBay partnership scheme is (I didn't know what it was back when I followed her), and they believe her when she tells them she just really loves the products and isn't getting paid.

Then there's the fact that she illegally skips the #ad on many of her stories, most notably Febreeze and Zoflora, even though she is in a paid partnership with them and thus should declare any promotion of their products as #ads. She does this so it's less obvious to her followers that 80% of her stories are adverts, so that they believe she's authentic and continue to purchase her "honest" recommendations.

Let's not forget the emotional manipulation. She knows her audience is mostly lonely, working class, stay at home mums, many of whom (of their own admission) suffer from depression and anxiety. She uses this to her advantage, calling them her "friends", making her content in a friendly conversational tone, all to make them feel closer to her. They feel like she's just a mate helping them out with her cleaning tips, and they see her enviable life and feel like if they emulate it and copy her tips, they can make their lives a bit better too. It's disgustingly manipulative.

Finally, she intentionally whips them into a frenzy by re-posting their narnia and hinch haul photos in her IG stories once or twice a week. They really want to be noticed by their idol, who many of them say "saved" them from their mental health issues, so they go and shop shop shop for her "favourite" (read: sponsored) products and tag her in their photos in the hope that she will give them some attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Hi!

She’s just irritating.

That’s all a little strong, and NO people don’t know that the person gets money for the swipe ups and they are being sold too....it’s the whole point of what people here are trying to say!!!

And don’t call them dim!!!! Like someone said before they are innocent people who have just got caught up in the hype and sucked in, there not dim!

And yes, people don’t think there house will look like hers with a lavender zoflora in it....but they will ‘feel’ it’s like hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Has anyone tried emailing the tabloids and directing them here?
I'm currently writing a long article that I intend on sending to a few media/news platforms. My neighbour is a journalist and has pointed me in the right direction. Once I've sorted it all I shall let everyone on here know. I'm getting this bullshit out there!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm back!!! Again!! I've had an absolute nightmare with my Internet this last week! I still have loads to catch up on but had to write this straight away as I have just seen it! Apologies if this has already been mentioned (Ill know soon as I go back over the thread) but check out therealhousewifeofherts on Insta! I think from what she says, she may have been here but she has made a video about her thoughts on Mrs Hinch and she is now getting an absolute bollocking from the Hinch Army!

Now off to read the last weeks worth of thread....
So pleased you are back!!! ?????

• Heart
I have to be honest, I never got that her swipe up stories were affiliate links until I discovered this site. I don’t think it is made clear enough that she makes money from them. I follow Louise Pentland and she always says that they are affiliate and gives you the option to look elsewhere if you want to purchase without her making money from it. I understand they are doing a ‘job’ but they need to be honest with it! Some people are guillable and will hang on her every word.

Reactions: 18
Hi!

She’s just irritating.
And as for the animal testing in beauty products, I agree that this is a problem too and these companies should be boycotted. It's really easy these days to avoid - there are loads of both drugstore as well as high end makeup brands which are completely vegan and do not test on animals.

However, as @Bubu said, this thread is about a cleaning instagram, not a beauty guru. We're commenting on what she advertises on her social media, and (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe she has advertised any makeup companies. Or at least, not yet - I'm sure she will eventually!

Reactions: 4
We’re not talking about beauty influencers though, but yes the same argument can be made. People have to start somewhere and going cruelty free with cleaning products and boycotting brands that aren’t cruelty free is a great place to start for anyone who cares enough and wants to make a difference.

I practice what I preach regarding this. My cleaning products, toiletries and make up are cruelty free.
Mine too!!! I'm not guilty of using anything that is not ethical.... so the person who made the sweeping generalisation needs to be aware that their comment is just that!

Reactions: 7
Her house is far from clean did you see the state of the wipes when she cleaned her floor I would be embarrassed to put that on Facebook if I was a cleaning account.
The floors dirty cos he keeps going out in his buff tings ??

• Haha
However, as @Bubu said, this thread is about a cleaning instagram, not a beauty guru. We're commenting on what she advertises on her social media, and (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe she has advertised any makeup companies. Or at least, not yet - I'm sure she will eventually!
She does advertise Iconic (I think that's the name...) but I don't know anything about the comany with regards to it being cruelty free or not.

Reactions: 2
It may be obvious to you, but it truly isn't to many of her followers. In the Hinch Facebook fan groups, you can see plenty of comments and posts from women defending her saying "she's just sharing products she loves! She doesn't make any money from that!".

Part of the reason for this is that they are not very informed of how social media advertising works, and Sophie does her very best to lie to them about it. She said in an IG story a while back that she doesn't get paid to post her ebay links, that she buys the products with her own money and wants to share them because she loves them, but she has to put #ad because "technically I'm showing a product to you". Whilst it's true that she buys the products with her own money, and the ebay store owners are not paying her for promotion, what she has very conveniently not told her followers is that she is part of the eBay partnership scheme, so she makes a commission for every sale. She isn't being directly paid for the posts, but indirectly, she's making a lot of money. I bet that the majority of her followers have no idea what the eBay partnership scheme is (I didn't know what it was back when I followed her), and they believe her when she tells them she just really loves the products and isn't getting paid.

Then there's the fact that she illegally skips the #ad on many of her stories, most notably Febreeze and Zoflora, even though she is in a paid partnership with them and thus should declare any promotion of their products as #ads. She does this so it's less obvious to her followers that 80% of her stories are adverts, so that they believe she's authentic and continue to purchase her "honest" recommendations.

Let's not forget the emotional manipulation. She knows her audience is mostly lonely, working class, stay at home mums, many of whom (of their own admission) suffer from depression and anxiety. She uses this to her advantage, calling them her "friends", making her content in a friendly conversational tone, all to make them feel closer to her. They feel like she's just a mate helping them out with her cleaning tips, and they see her enviable life and feel like if they emulate it and copy her tips, they can make their lives a bit better too. It's disgustingly manipulative.

Finally, she intentionally whips them into a frenzy by re-posting their narnia and hinch haul photos in her IG stories once or twice a week. They really want to be noticed by their idol, who many of them say "saved" them from their mental health issues, so they go and shop shop shop for her "favourite" (read: sponsored) products and tag her in their photos in the hope that she will give them some attention.

I am honestly bewildered that anyone can think she doesn’t benefit from swipe up or affiliate.

I still feel that these ‘fans’ are responsible for their own internet use and should make themselves aware of affiliate, especially if they’re so thick to then post on a facebook group that she definitely doesn’t benefit.

And I can wholeheartedly believe she isn’t as honest or clear as she should be - I thought there were laws or at least legalities around it now? Surely she should be getting into trouble.

I don’t get the obsession, I can barely listen to her let alone idolise her, but I understand it’s easy to get drawn in.

• Heart
These are the listings with Companies House for the business code she is registered under.
So her business basically fits into one of these headings.

Just incase anyone is interested

Reactions: 3
Hi!

She’s just irritating.
Unfortunately you are a little naive in the opposite way to the hinchers, by believing everyone is blessed with the experience, intelligence, insight and gift of free thought to be able to see through the bullshit. Not everyone is as "woke" as you ?. I have to admit back in about September I was swept up in it too! Wetting myself in Poundland, hunting for Elvis Elbow Grease, buying that minging bloo powder and dropping it like a head from a great height. I started to wake up during the great "minky drought". Wtf was everyone doing? Minky were releasing batches of a fancy fanny pad and others were selling them for duck knows how much on eBay...Do me a favour.
That's when I saw through the hype. Now I steer clear if it's had anything remotely to do with Mrs Hinch.
So I didn't mean to be rude above, but sounds like you're a very switched person and more power to your elbow for that, but millions aren't that bright (myself included) and what's happening isn't on for that very reason. She doesn't declare herself as a shopping channel (hinchtv/HTV ?) and therefore the majority of her followers don't get it. They're targeted for that specific reason.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
i think shes in a paid promotion with iconic London, I’m not sure if they are cruelty free

Reactions: 3
That’s all a little strong, and NO people don’t know that the person gets money for the swipe ups and they are being sold too....it’s the whole point of what people here are trying to say!!!

And don’t call them dim!!!! Like someone said before they are innocent people who have just got caught up in the hype and sucked in, there not dim!

And yes, people don’t think there house will look like hers with a lavender zoflora in it....but they will ‘feel’ it’s like hers.

I stand by what I say, if you use the internet you are responsible for your own safety/information that you receive from it.
If you can’t be bothered to research if your favourite instagrammer is being paid to reccomend something to you and then have the audacity to defend them and say that they aren’t - then you are thick and naive.

If you are the sort of person to be that easily influenced then it’s probably best to stay away from accounts like Hinch, or at the very least rub up on your knowledge so you understand the sources of the information you are fed.

I’ve said previously and still say that I can easily see how people can be drawn into it and quite frankly it’s scary the pull it could have on people.

Anyway,
A good analogy is casinos. They aren’t responsible if you become addicted - it’s your responsibility to manage yourself and if you’re the type of person to be easily influenced, addicted or obsessed - casinos aren’t the place for you. Just like huge instagrammers, or even the internet.

Reactions: 5
When her book comes out I'm going to read it then write a review about how she's a top sales woman, bought followers, fake anxiety, fake hairdresser and drop in tattle to let her shoppers know the truth. all the best ?
YES!!!!! ???

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.