Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nikkijj

Thanks for all your lovely messages after my post saying how stupid I am. Today I watched her updates and saw them in a cometely new light. I've just looked at how much I've spent recently but what's done is done. Can't change that but there was one thing I could change...
Screenshot_20190314_204557_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

Isthisthereallife?

Would you care to share any of this information? I'm trying to gather as much evidence as possible. I MAY have The Guardian interested in my article but all info is welcome and needed as I'm still writing it.
Update on the article. My journalist neighbour gave me a contact to actually speak to at The Guardian and we have had an hour long chat this morning. They are extremely interested and have given me the next 5 weeks (ive just moved house, 190 miles from where I used to live so they have also taken that into consideration to give me time) to get all my notes etc together and submit my article to them! They are particularly interested in the MH aspect of this shit show, as am I, so the article is going to predominantly focus on how these vulnerable people have been taken advantage of/manipulated/groomed/lied to by this horrible creature! I'll keep you all updated. Thanks to all. 💜💜💜

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Homely92

I just had to join in!

I see through her sales crap all the way back in the summer.. she followed me and i was a bigger home account than her. I then outed her out for her unsafe cleaning and how she mixed bleach with bloo foam aroma!!

She sent me DMs and was quite rude. When i put up the Zoflora safety and how you dob't mix it with bicarb on your furnishings as it is a fire hazard she went off on one!

She blocked me as she hated me outing her.

And for those on about her appearance yrs she had plastic surgery her main one having a gastric band! She will fob people off and claim she lost the weight through cleaning!

I have a lot on her and she has bullied a lot of home accounts!

• Wow
Reactions: 50

vodkandcokeplz

Chatty Member

Cancelled my monthly Dogs Trust donation. Feel a bit gutted for the dogs but I’m going to use the Amazon wishlist for things they need instead as suggested by @Bubu

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Isthisthereallife?

Has anyone tried emailing the tabloids and directing them here?
I'm currently writing a long article that I intend on sending to a few media/news platforms. My neighbour is a journalist and has pointed me in the right direction. Once I've sorted it all I shall let everyone on here know. I'm getting this bullshit out there!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
People say you’re dragged in by her personality but she doesn’t really have one.

The “28” year old PREGNANT female who didn’t know what perineum oil was for and almost rubbed it all over her body.

If you’ve ever wanted a new name for that useless bit between your fanny and arsehole, maybe call it a Hinch.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Hi!

Im not a hinch fan and quite frankly I find her to be quite irritating so I wouldn’t say i’m a fan but I don’t outright dislike her.
I’ve read through this thread for a few days and agree with a few points (mixing chemicals, not giving good instructions for products etc) although I’m confused about a few things...

Firstly, I thought it was obvious that ‘swipe up’ links, affiliate products and reccomendations all brought Hinch a profit - Is this not obvious? I think you’d have to be quite thick to think a woman with 2 Million followers was your mate and reccomending something to you with no benefit to herself, if anyone uses instagram and isn’t aware that ‘swipe up’ links pay that person then they shouldn’t be on instagram. It’s your duty as an internet user to know what your reading and the outcomes of that.

Secondly, The same argument for animal testing could be put to any beauty influencer. L’oréal rest on products and it’s estimated around 80% of the UK population use L’oréal products. So we’re hardly all innocent of that.

Lastly, If any of her followers have got into debt to try and make their home like hers, they are a fucking idiot. Just my opinion, but you would have to be proper dim to think your 1960’s terrace can look like her 300K new build because she has a lavender disinfectant.

I can see the argument from both sides and she’s definitely fucking annoying but trying to take her down/bitch about the animal testing/misleading people isn’t really valid.
She’s just irritating.
It may be obvious to you, but it truly isn't to many of her followers. In the Hinch Facebook fan groups, you can see plenty of comments and posts from women defending her saying "she's just sharing products she loves! She doesn't make any money from that!".

Part of the reason for this is that they are not very informed of how social media advertising works, and Sophie does her very best to lie to them about it. She said in an IG story a while back that she doesn't get paid to post her ebay links, that she buys the products with her own money and wants to share them because she loves them, but she has to put #ad because "technically I'm showing a product to you". Whilst it's true that she buys the products with her own money, and the ebay store owners are not paying her for promotion, what she has very conveniently not told her followers is that she is part of the eBay partnership scheme, so she makes a commission for every sale. She isn't being directly paid for the posts, but indirectly, she's making a lot of money. I bet that the majority of her followers have no idea what the eBay partnership scheme is (I didn't know what it was back when I followed her), and they believe her when she tells them she just really loves the products and isn't getting paid.

Then there's the fact that she illegally skips the #ad on many of her stories, most notably Febreeze and Zoflora, even though she is in a paid partnership with them and thus should declare any promotion of their products as #ads. She does this so it's less obvious to her followers that 80% of her stories are adverts, so that they believe she's authentic and continue to purchase her "honest" recommendations.

Let's not forget the emotional manipulation. She knows her audience is mostly lonely, working class, stay at home mums, many of whom (of their own admission) suffer from depression and anxiety. She uses this to her advantage, calling them her "friends", making her content in a friendly conversational tone, all to make them feel closer to her. They feel like she's just a mate helping them out with her cleaning tips, and they see her enviable life and feel like if they emulate it and copy her tips, they can make their lives a bit better too. It's disgustingly manipulative.

Finally, she intentionally whips them into a frenzy by re-posting their narnia and hinch haul photos in her IG stories once or twice a week. They really want to be noticed by their idol, who many of them say "saved" them from their mental health issues, so they go and shop shop shop for her "favourite" (read: sponsored) products and tag her in their photos in the hope that she will give them some attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Y

Yellowcard

FYI - deliberate your instead of you’re.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Wow. Reading this as an outsider I am shocked and appalled.

First of all, Sophie is under NO obligation to share her finances with anyone, why don’t you share how much you earn on your stories? Thought not.

It’s quite normal for influencers with over 30k followers to do affiliate links let alone 2 million followers. I think you just presume people don’t realise but actually in the last 4/5 months she has put AD on every swipe up, even some stories where she’s just spraying something.

Sophie doesn’t need to put AD if something is just gifted. If she gets something for free it doesn’t mean she’s earning money from it. And when she is earning money she does put AD.

She 100% mentioned her anxiety from the early days, I remember seeing stories in the summer where she would say how she can’t believe she has helped people with mental health as she has suffered herself with mental health problems and been through anxiety herself. She didn’t even show her face for months it was all from behind the camera. She started showing her face around the time she got married. You don’t know what someone is going through and threads like this could be so detremental. I’d also like to add that people can appear confident and still have anxiety. Not everyone’s anxiety is the same.
Yeah also according to ASA rulings gifted now counts as an advertisement because the payment is in the gift.

Whether it be a £2 sponge or a £20,000 car, you’re getting something in return for your feedback so.

You may return your tongue to her asshole now.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Orange Creme

VIP Member
Hi all, I am new here.

I had been following mrs hinch to get cleaning tips because unfortunately i have no common sense. I am autistic and also suffer from anxiety. I got lots of great tips and enjoyed following her until two of her stories upset me.

The first one was the 10 years challenge photo. This made me want to know how she had transformed herself and in particular how she lost so much weight. There has been no mention of it despite the fact that SHE KNOWS everyone is wondering.

The second one was a photo on her story of a grave yard . No explanation, just a photo of a graveyard and the fact she was putting flowers down.

The two stories I've mentioned are the reason I unfollowed and this is because I felt like she was messing with my head. Being autistic I like facts, I don't like being left guessing I felt like she was just playing me/ us and I felt like she wanted me to be left wondering and I hate that feeling. Isnt that what headfucks do they leave you wondering?

Don't give me half a story, give me the whole story! And it is my business because she is a public figure and posted it on her public story for me to see.

Apologies if she did explain the graveyard thing but I haven't seen it anywhere.

I think Mrs Hinch should put 'ad' every time she features something in a story that she is affiliated with.

Reactions: 32

Bubu

Chatty Member
First of all, Sophie is under NO obligation to share her finances with anyone, why don’t you share how much you earn on your stories? Thought not.

Errrr she’s a limited company so as of next October yes she does have to share how much she earns as her accounts will be up 😂

• Haha

WellJenelle

VIP Member
So happy to have found this site. I am a recovering "hincher", glad to have escaped with my sanity and bank balance intact. I had an epiphany when I found myself mooching around Home Bargains looking for various products I'd never used before and friggin baskets. Still lurking in the fb group because they're all batshit crazy and it's hilarious.
I have a slightly outlandish theory that she doesn't actually live in that house :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow

Bubu

Chatty Member
I might set up an I lOvE tHe HiNcH facebook group then when I’ve got a load of Hinch sheep in there get y’all to come on there and educate them ??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

HenryHome

Who was it that said we might see her take Henry for a walk 😂😂😂😂 this made me LOL !!! But she doesn’t read tattle everyone 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart

PartOfMe

Move along if you don't see anything wrong with the hinch! this thread isn't for you.

She's encouraging a dangerous amount of chemicals, breaking the law with not disclosing ads, being manipulative with her followers, lying about how she gained fame and much more.

• Haha
  • Heart

Milady

I’m a newbie here (hello!) but I can’t be the only one who can’t wait to see the state of her greyscale house after a small human enters her world..

• Haha
Reactions: 27

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
I’m not a hincher I will quite happily say that to anybody, I call my cleaning cupboard the under the sink cupboard, fucking narnia ? I guess I’m just being naive in thinking that people can’t see her for what she is, an influencer, paid to influence people ??‍♀ And I have read most of the posts I joined a week or so ago and have found it interesting as a lot of it I didn’t know but quite frankly I didn’t really care if she was in sales before or she gets paid to promote shit. It didn’t change my opinion cause it wasn’t particularly high before anyway. Dunno why people are getting so enraged by it all though is I suppose what I’m saying. Everybody should know the truth and then decide if they care.
Nobody's enraged that I'm seeing, you've had smart replies full of answers. What more do you expect? You do know this is a tattle forum right lol.

I'm amazed ppl are being so polite considering all the damning evidence on SO many topics regarding mrs hinch and her shady behaviour are public and can be read here any time, inc screen caps before she made it private etc To say she is doing nothing wrong and is just a little irritating is a bit of a stretch.

No the majority of her fans don't know she makes money from her insta, and attack anyone who suggests she does! They want to buy into the dream she's selling so badly they're going into debt.

Mrs Hinch herself has said she is not a professional cleaner. Her original tips were so dangerous she had to replace them with alternatives. Ppl have had to take babies to hospital with burns after following her tips of spraying chemical shit everywhere and ppl have had their pets either killed or seriously injured following her tips! To the degree a vet has come forth and written an article in the media about it and called it now a 'common problem'. Zoflora injured animals. Young mothers have gone into debt to try to impress msr hinch and get their name shared on her insta, they are blind they are being sold to, it's a massive big deal, once you scrape the surface.

She's addressing nothing, she's not giving out any safety tips, she's blindly spraying everything like it's fun because she works for the company. She overbuys and encourages all her fans to do so, as it sells more product.

She's been trained as a hardcore sales person since the age of 16, it was all on her linked in, and she's using those tips now to effectively groom her fans.

She's the lowest of the low, and will advertise anything for a quick buck to her unsuspecting fans.

And this is tip of the iceberg. I won't go into the damage to our already stressed waterways, imagine 2m ppl pining their toilets twice or more per day, her fans show endless empty bottles on their insta's as if it's smth to be proud of, her ghosting fans, blocking fans, creeping around fans when it suits (such as a girl who was advertising this forum, she made her delete it) Blocking fans who tell her they have got into debt and have bad anxiety. Claiming she's working for charities then finding out she lied and did zero. Nothing about her is genuine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26