Mrs Hinch #567 There was a wedding, forget the bride, look at me, I was by her side!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't walk or look after a dog properly, can't be trusted being alone with her kids, can't fathom how to do more than 1 small wash load before lunch.
Moans that she has no time to pack because she has small children and says she neglects herself with not getting her hair done, but is apparently being trusted to look after more animals, and rescue chickens at that.

I don't know how time consuming chickens are, but if you can't cope with the basics in life then you shouldn't even consider taking on more!
In short: less time consuming than children, more time consuming than a dog.

She will need to:
Clean the coop and run thoroughly once a week (at least)
Clear nest boxes and roost of poo daily
Collect eggs daily
Top up water when needed
Top up feeder when needed
Clean water dispenser and feeder out once a week. Plus spot cleaning as and when.
Regularly check chickens for disease, worm them monthly.
If the coop is smaller, allow the chickens time to roam and forage.
Maintain coop and run so it remains water and pest proof.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Stop the world, I want to get off.

I know nothing about hens, but I know enough that I am scared for them going to her.

Any experienced chicken people, would you feel comfortable contacting the hen welfare trust to voice your genuine concerns?

I don’t mean a massive influx of tattle emails, I mean those who can really show the understanding of the care needed - and how she will not be able to provide this, based on her well-documented history with Henry and the alpacas.

Also the fact there’s a fox allegedly sleeping with the alpacas which she thinks is funny.
That fox information surely would put the welfare off saying yes🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Rescued hens, poor hens have already had a hard life, they dont need you making it worse!
Just go back to selling, begging and bragging please.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Aww getting some snacks for the regular foxy visitor is she? How kind

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Haha good luck to her keeping chickens. We had some for a couple of years, one turned out to be a cockerel! He had to go to the Cockerel people because we couldn't leave him in with the hens. The other four stayed here, we ended up having to put them over on our smallholding because of the RATS! Yep rats Sophie hope you like them. It was horrendous, we noticed that the slabbed patio began to change shape, slabs were lifting and cracking. Rats began to appear in daylight in the chicken run and coop. We lifted some of the patio slabs which was where they had made their nest and 1000s of rat just went flying across our garden. It was like something out of a horror film and still makes me shudder.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Nope! I'm done. bleeping hens!! What are these animal welfare people playing at!!! This has to stop at some point.

Reactions: 28
In short: less time consuming than children, more time consuming than a dog.

She will need to:
Clean the coop and run thoroughly once a week (at least)
Clear nest boxes and roost of poo daily
Collect eggs daily
Top up water when needed
Top up feeder when needed
Clean water dispenser and feeder out once a week. Plus spot cleaning as and when.
Regularly check chickens for disease, worm them monthly.
If the coop is smaller, allow the chickens time to roam and forage.
Maintain coop and run so it remains water and pest proof.
There’s not a fox cat in alpaca shed’s hell’s chance she’ll do any of that

Reactions: 28
Emma has 19 comments now, they've obviously given up deleting. It's the top grid with 2 pillows on.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Stop the world, I want to get off.

I know nothing about hens, but I know enough that I am scared for them going to her.

Any experienced chicken people, would you feel comfortable contacting the hen welfare trust to voice your genuine concerns?

I don’t mean a massive influx of tattle emails, I mean those who can really show the understanding of the care needed - and how she will not be able to provide this, based on her well-documented history with Henry and the alpacas.

Also the fact there’s a fox allegedly sleeping with the alpacas which she thinks is funny.
It’s not even just with Henry and the llamas. Look at what happened to the fish. She couldn’t cope with FISH!! So they got flushed sent to fish people. At this point it’s getting ridiculous. She can’t be trusted

Reactions: 24
As a chicken person myself, I am going to be eagle bleeping eyed. Rescue hens are a totally different ballgame to hens from a hatchery. She has no bleeping clue what she's getting into.
Nancy Birtwistle rescued some ‘girls’ and she was fantastic at explaining in her no nonsense calm tones how to treat these rescue hens and showed their feathers growing back. Exactly the sort of person you would want rescuing animals. Can you even imagine this shrieking bleep? Going to feed them out of your mouth? I hope they peck you in your Kaa like eyes you shitshow.

ETA typo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Anyone got the fox pic and knowledgeable and comfortable to send it with concerns to the hen welfare🤔🙂

Reactions: 24
Haha good luck to her keeping chickens. We had some for a couple of years, one turned out to be a cockerel! He had to go to the Cockerel people because we couldn't leave him in with the hens. The other four stayed here, we ended up having to put them over on our smallholding because of the RATS! Yep rats Sophie hope you like them. It was horrendous, we noticed that the slabbed patio began to change shape, slabs were lifting and cracking. Rats began to appear in daylight in the chicken run and coop. We lifted some of the patio slabs which was where they had made their nest and 1000s of rat just went flying across our garden. It was like something out of a horror film and still makes me shudder.
It’s okay, she’s got her recorder ready to be the pied piper 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Oh no not Chickens! My friend has Chickens for years now. They are a full time job and are so much work and so messy the tit, bird flu scares etc. She looks after them so well healthiest and happiest birds ever. She feeds the home grown vegs etc they get the best of the best. I cannot see Hinch doing the same

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Oh no not Chickens! My friend has Chickens for years now. They are a full time job and are so much work and so messy the tit, bird flu scares etc. She looks after them so well healthiest and happiest birds ever. She feeds the home grown vegs etc they get the best of the best. I cannot see Hinch doing the same
(Edit to add apologies for spelling or grammar mistakes. I'm not the best with English 😊)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone got the fox pic and knowledgeable and comfortable to send it with concerns to the hen welfare🤔🙂
The difficulty is that even the bhwt accept that foxes get into gardens where there are chickens. She will have had to submit a photo of the housing and run as part of the application so of she's been accepted then they'll deem that acceptable measures unfortunately.
It will be hard to get them to not adopt out to her because they're usually very keen for people to take on some hens.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
We don’t seem to have seen the new chicken set up yet as per BHWT adoption page…

If you’re a new-to-BHWT adopter there will be a series of welfare questions for you to complete as part of the application to determine if your set-up is safe and ready for your new hens. Please note that you will need to submit a photograph of your hen house and run as part of the application process.

Reactions: 22
This is pure nightmare fuel.

Reactions: 14
Maybe the hens will get the original alpaca pen now that they have free roam of the garden.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.