Mrs Hinch #493 An Alpaca is for life, not just for content!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t help that she kept him at home for the first years of his life, never interacted with anyone, was a control freak and didn’t let him play to express himself.
And let's not forget he was kept behind the sofa till he could walk and escape

• Sad
Reactions: 17
NEW THREAD nusty trolls.

Golden cocker spaniel for everyone on entry

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m still thinking about her “stomach dropped” quote from last night. I’ve tried to Google different parts of it to see if she’s plagiarised someone but I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s an absolute mish mash of cliches which is why it essentially makes no sense.
If you Google “turn you life upside down” quotes you find she’s clutching at the “see life differently” aspect. She’s sort of merging and splicing quotes there. She’s then added in “stomach drop” in a way I’ve seen teenagers write before - they often will write about how the character “drops” to the ground and I ban it because it’s too cliche and empty. They say they are wanting this effect of drama. I think she interprets “stomach drop” the same as “life upside down”. A muddled metaphor.
I stand by what I said last night. What she thinks she’s saying is essentially:
“I had two kids close together in age and turned my life upside down. It made me have to change my life and the way I view life. Now things that used to bother me (eg trolls) don’t get to me anymore because all that matters to me is my family. So everyone else ignore the trolls in your life and enjoy your life.”
She’s just so absolutely inarticulate - clearly only reads clunky online quotes - that she’s made it sound like someone is dying.
Anyway. I hope I’ve been semi articulate 😂
I still remember being taught at primary school,"nice will not do,find a better word".
It must drive you crazy that she's where she is by describing anything and everything as luvly🤷‍♀️
I mean she doesn't seem capable of portraying any emotion or mood,she never defines colours or smells etc.She just simply loves everthing🙄

Reactions: 14
Sorry to butt in but this varies by area.

Lots of parents are tired in particular here of the adhd wait. They go private and titrate with medicine then the care is transferred over, it’s called shared care. I also did this with my son.

If anyone goes this route speak to your gp first and ask if they will do this. With adhd if you go the medicine route the titration has to be done with them as a gp will only prescribe it once you’ve settled on a dose (that’s how it is here for adult and child private to shared care)

Here all the gps do this as they are quite happy for people to take the assessment and diagnosis away from the nhs as the waiting lists are like 2 years long.
This is what usually happens in the CCG I work for because CAMHS have a 3yr waiting list currently. I don’t blame parents for doing it either. I know I would go private initially. It’s unfair to leave anyone struggling for 3yrs with a child who needs to be seen but then Mental Health is so woefully under funded and over stretched. There is no winner there.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.