Mrs Hinch #43 Nearly forgot to give it a mention, swipe up to pay for my extension

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why is it that the majority of diehard Hinch worshippers are super chavvy? I know people from all walks of life got sucked in initially, but it seems like all the militant vocal ones wouldn’t have looked out of place on Jeremy Kyle, at least round my neck of the woods. Does she have some sort of special pull over the pineapple heads of this world, or is it just that they hero worship anything with fake hair/teeth/tan/empathy these days?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
why is it that the majority of diehard Hinch worshippers are super chavvy? I know people from all walks of life got sucked in initially, but it seems like all the militant vocal ones wouldn’t have looked out of place on Jeremy Kyle, at least round my neck of the woods. Does she have some sort of special pull over the pineapple heads of this world, or is it just that they hero worship anything with fake hair/teeth/tan/empathy these days?
Because they don’t have jobs to go to? And can spend their days scrubbing their ovens and putting their sinks to bed? While the rest of us work our asses off and look after kids? 🤭

Reactions: 19
Because they don’t have jobs to go to? And can spend their days scrubbing their ovens and putting their sinks to bed? While the rest of us work our asses off and look after kids? 🤭
Hit the nail there probably. I'm on maternity leave but haven't had my baby yet and my house is pretty spotless right now partly out of boredom. Can't imagine it'll be the same when I have a baby to look after and go back to work next year! Also managed to get it clean without using millions of harsh chemicals and sprays as well!

Reactions: 15
If its IS a coloring book with pictures of her home at least there will be an opportunity to put some bloody colour into her house 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Hit the nail there probably. I'm on maternity leave but haven't had my baby yet and my house is pretty spotless right now partly out of boredom. Can't imagine it'll be the same when I have a baby to look after and go back to work next year! Also managed to get it clean without using millions of harsh chemicals and sprays as well!
Don’t get me wrong, I have two children but my house is still tidy. Maybe I leave a few dishes overnight. But we all wake up and we’re all still happy and healthy. And That’s what’s important to me. If my oven isn’t spotless, so what? I have a job I love, my husband is happy and healthy and my children are too. That’s what’s important and that’s what we should all be following and cheering for each other about on insta 🙌🏼

Reactions: 13
I think describing them as chavvy is unkind and sneering.
However she had a carefully selected target market of working class women with lower incomes to make her £1 products and eBay “bargs” appealing to.
It’s preying on a vulnerable section of society and it’s repugnant

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She definitely has a TYPE that follow and worship her for sure. I'd describe them as "huns" rather than chavs.

Chavs is a tit word to use for anyone tbh. The book "Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class" is great.

Anyway yeah, huns. MegaHuns.

Reactions: 18
I think describing them as chavvy is unkind and sneering.
However she had a carefully selected target market of working class women with lower incomes to make her £1 products and eBay “bargs” appealing to.
It’s preying on a vulnerable section of society and it’s repugnant
Yes calling her die hard fans chavvy is cruel and uncalled for . I think the majority of these women aren’t as well educated as others , do stay at home with young children and look on social media for company , Hinch has filled a gap.

Reactions: 16
Using the term chavvy is dangerous as it comes with a sweeping generalisation, which is also what Hinch is guilty of. Her assumptions tend to shift towards it being the women in the house that clean, have time or the funding for oodles of 'self care', and that self care only covers physical appearance. One can only hope that if it is some kind of list book, it goes a bit deeper than dusting and getting your nails done while relaxing in your egg chair watching hubby cut the grass.

Reactions: 10
Somebody needs to plot a graph with "Quantity of crushed velvet items found in the home" against "likelihood of being a hincher" and marvel at the definite link 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Using the term chavvy is dangerous as it comes with a sweeping generalisation, which is also what Hinch is guilty of. Her assumptions tend to shift towards it being the women in the house that clean, have time or the funding for oodles of 'self care', and that self care only covers physical appearance. One can only hope that if it is some kind of list book, it goes a bit deeper than dusting and getting your nails done while relaxing in your egg chair watching hubby cut the grass.
It creates an illusion of perfection that is a dangerous thing to project. Many of her followers are vulnerable. I certainly was (and still am tbh) and I was sucked in big time.
I thought my mental health was doing well that I stopped all my medication because I thought I didn’t need them. The ‘hinching’ was doing a better job for me than those pills ever did. I became obsessed with cleaning, I was making myself ill because I felt my home was not good enough, that I had to be clean my toilet 8 times a day (and trust me I was doing it 8 times a day) and that I needed to spray zoflora everywhere or we would become ill.
It took my mum stepping in to make me see the damage hinching had done to me. I was an absolute mess mentally. It took weeks for me to get well again. I had to restart my medication on a low dose and work slowly back up to my original dosage. My GP did an urgent referral to mental health services. The recovery was awful and I know that sounds dramatic to call it a recovery but that is what it was.
She is preying on people who are vulnerable and unfortunately these people are easily brainwashed so when someone dares badmouth their leader they become protective and vile because they are constantly seeking her approval. All the while she’s sat at home probably laughing at them.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Exactly. When i first got sucked into the hinch craze last summer i was off work for the summer holidays. When i went back in September I realised it was hard to keep up with all the unnecessary crap like bloo powder in the toilet and cifing your sink to shine every damn day, when you come home from work you just wana sit down, so it was back to just doing the necessary cleaning.

Reactions: 5
If she had a 9-5 job or a job where she’s doing she shifts in hospital or an everyday normal job she would be much more “relatable” but I don’t know why people are tiring themselves out trying to keep on top of their house work as well as looking after a family (most hinchers have kids!!) and a full time job. They soon forget she doesn’t work that she stays at home all day on her own - she isn’t going to have mess. She’s only just had a baby she doesn’t have toddlers rooting in their toy boxes every hour or teenagers leaving clothes and cups everyday. I wouldn’t aspire to be like her whatsoever. But that’s just me!! I have a physical job - id like to see her walking 10 miles a day posting letters in rain or shine and then coming home and blitzing the house every single day 😂😂😂 she needs to show there is more to life than a clean home. Obviously it’s nice when it’s done but they shouldn’t feel pressured to do it or like they’re not good enough because there’s pots in their sink or their bathroom isn’t spotless. But no one can force them I suppose it’s their own choice

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.