Mrs Hinch #4 Give to Charity! Steal From A Donkey! Her Ethics Are Wonkey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she's recording her audio book, thats going to take all of 5 minutes to do, "on this page, write down your favourite zoflora, on the next page, colour in the illustation of the zoflora box".

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So I don't know if you're aware, but today she is eating mostly SKIPS and drinking RIBENA. Have you got that? I'll just tell you one more time... She's eating SKIPS and drinking RIBENA.
GOT IT??
Today is sponsored by SKIPS and RIBENA.

just in case it missed it xx ?‍♀?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So the team Tomm and secret cleaner live was amazing! So informative, practical, common sense. They were funny too! They talked about people burning zoflora and Lenor pellets (unstoppables) in their burners, the dangers of mixing chemicals, cleaning too much and mental health, how you don't need to clean your sink 4 times and how they no longer use fabric conditioner at all. They spoke about spraying your house with FC and what would happen if there was a fire (the speed of it spreading).
They were SO good. The absolute opposite of Sophie. Informed, confident, genuine - both a safe pair of hands. Over an hour flew by! It's on the secret cleaners account until tonight - definitely worth a watch (if only for the magic milk ??)!
watching now this is very informative thx

i notice she recommends this product

I want to try it as it's cheap and I hate using the toilet in the dark. We sometimes get electric cuts for no reason. Does anyone know how it's powered, I imagine batteries won't last long? There's no info I can see.

Reactions: 1
Hey guys, I'm new here. I found this site a couple of days ago and have read through all of the Hinch threads, feeling more and more like a mug the longer I read.

I'm pretty embarrassed to say that I was completely fooled by Sophie. Usually I consider myself to be pretty savvy to the realities of instagram influencers, but I truly believed that she was just a girl next door who enjoyed cleaning to help her anxiety and found herself accidentally caught up in a media frenzy. I believed that she was a hairdresser before, that she enjoyed buying cheap bits and bobs on ebay and sharing the bargains (I didn't know there was an ebay partner scheme to earn money with!), that she was a fairly experienced cleaner with new tips for me to try out.

Now I know that she and her husband have a background of working in corporate sales for years (which she mysteriously never mentions to her millions of "friends" - oops, I mean brainwashed followers), that her Instagram rise to popularity was calculated and involved buying adverts and newspaper articles, that she's earning serious cash with every single ebay swipe up (and she posts dozens a day!), and that she only got into cleaning a year ago and stole all of her tips from Facebook groups and other cleaning influencers.

I really want to thank this group for alerting me to the dangers of her tips. I've been struggling with depression for a few years (this is probably why I was so easily taken in by her happy-go-lucky style instagram stories), but she made me feel motivated to go and buy new cleaning products and take more pride in my home again. The day before I discovered this site I had bought a bunch of Zoflora and was planning on using it all over the house like she does, but thanks to you guys I now know how insanely flammable and toxic to animals it is, so I won't be using it.

What I find most disgusting is how her brand is targeting mentally unwell, working class women - aka one of the most vulnerable demographics. I might come across as crazy here, but after reading these threads I truly believe that everything she posts is calculated to appeal to these women, and that her true personality is nothing like this at all. I don't for a second believe that she eats so much junk and unhealthy food, yet stays so slim - I think she posts this because it's similar to the foods her target market purchase, so makes her seem more relatable. When she was staying at a fairly nice hotel for Valentines, she was acting like everything was so posh and amazing (eg mini jam jars, room service), yet she will most likely have been on work trips to similar hotels as part of her old job. I think she was just pretending to be overwhelmed by how "posh" it all was because many of the women in her target market will have never stopped at a fancy hotel, so again it makes her more relatable.

Even the way she speaks is an act. I watched her TV segment from last year, and in it she sounds nothing like the way she does in her stories. She was extremely professional, next to no grammatical slip ups, no stammering or pauses, incredibly confident, and much less of the Essex twang to her voice. Whereas in her stories, again, she presents a more "working class" style of speaking, probably so that her followers feel like she's truly one of them, and that they can trust her.

Most disgusting of all, though, is that Jamie was privately educated (I believe - pretty sure I read that on the previous thread) so clearly had a very comfortable upbringing, and has what is presumably a very well paying job in sales. He has lived a privileged life, and patronisingly greets these working class women that follow Sohpie with a cheery "Hello shoppers!", after the pair of them have rinsed these women for the little money they have. I've seen the screenshots from the Facebook groups of women going into debt because they are being manipulated into stockpiling a narnia and buying an overpriced shark hoover - it truly is the rich robbing the poor. Despicable.

And don't even get me started on the environmental damage she is doing personally, as well as encouraging millions of others to do. This comment is already turning into a novel, so I'd better just stop here, haha. Thanks for helping me see the light, guys. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Hey guys, I'm new here. I found this site a couple of days ago and have read through all of the Hinch threads, feeling more and more like a mug the longer I read.

I'm pretty embarrassed to say that I was completely fooled by Sophie. Usually I consider myself to be pretty savvy to the realities of instagram influencers, but I truly believed that she was just a girl next door who enjoyed cleaning to help her anxiety and found herself accidentally caught up in a media frenzy. I believed that she was a hairdresser before, that she enjoyed buying cheap bits and bobs on ebay and sharing the bargains (I didn't know there was an ebay partner scheme to earn money with!), that she was a fairly experienced cleaner with new tips for me to try out.

Now I know that she and her husband have a background of working in corporate sales for years (which she mysteriously never mentions to her millions of "friends" - oops, I mean brainwashed followers), that her Instagram rise to popularity was calculated and involved buying adverts and newspaper articles, that she's earning serious cash with every single ebay swipe up (and she posts dozens a day!), and that she only got into cleaning a year ago and stole all of her tips from Facebook groups and other cleaning influencers.

I really want to thank this group for alerting me to the dangers of her tips. I've been struggling with depression for a few years (this is probably why I was so easily taken in by her happy-go-lucky style instagram stories), but she made me feel motivated to go and buy new cleaning products and take more pride in my home again. The day before I discovered this site I had bought a bunch of Zoflora and was planning on using it all over the house like she does, but thanks to you guys I now know how insanely flammable and toxic to animals it is, so I won't be using it.

What I find most disgusting is how her brand is targeting mentally unwell, working class women - aka one of the most vulnerable demographics. I might come across as crazy here, but after reading these threads I truly believe that everything she posts is calculated to appeal to these women, and that her true personality is nothing like this at all. I don't for a second believe that she eats so much junk and unhealthy food, yet stays so slim - I think she posts this because it's similar to the foods her target market purchase, so makes her seem more relatable. When she was staying at a fairly nice hotel for Valentines, she was acting like everything was so posh and amazing (eg mini jam jars, room service), yet she will most likely have been on work trips to similar hotels as part of her old job. I think she was just pretending to be overwhelmed by how "posh" it all was because many of the women in her target market will have never stopped at a fancy hotel, so again it makes her more relatable.

Even the way she speaks is an act. I watched her TV segment from last year, and in it she sounds nothing like the way she does in her stories. She was extremely professional, next to no grammatical slip ups, no stammering or pauses, incredibly confident, and much less of the Essex twang to her voice. Whereas in her stories, again, she presents a more "working class" style of speaking, probably so that her followers feel like she's truly one of them, and that they can trust her.

Most disgusting of all, though, is that Jamie was privately educated (I believe - pretty sure I read that on the previous thread) so clearly had a very comfortable upbringing, and has what is presumably a very well paying job in sales. He has lived a privileged life, and patronisingly greets these working class women that follow Sohpie with a cheery "Hello shoppers!", after the pair of them have rinsed these women for the little money they have. I've seen the screenshots from the Facebook groups of women going into debt because they are being manipulated into stockpiling a narnia and buying an overpriced shark hoover - it truly is the rich robbing the poor. Despicable.

And don't even get me started on the environmental damage she is doing personally, as well as encouraging millions of others to do. This comment is already turning into a novel, so I'd better just stop here, haha. Thanks for helping me see the light, guys. ♥
I totally agree with everything you have said. Interesting you thought she was a hairdresser. I did too, I’m sure that’s what she said a while ago and said she’s had to give it up as she can’t stand for long periods now. When I was reading these threads they only mentioned her having a sales background so I thought I must have imagined her saying she was a hairdresser!

This is everything!! Welcome... ? Xx

Reactions: 7
I totally agree with everything you have said. Interesting you thought she was a hairdresser. I did too, I’m sure that’s what she said a while ago and said she’s had to give it up as she can’t stand for long periods now. When I was reading these threads they only mentioned her having a sales background so I thought I must have imagined her saying she was a hairdresser!
She was a hairdresser just before her account took off, she has an Instagram account. Assuming the sales jobs were before that. Think she gave up work around the time she had her DVT

Attachments

Reactions: 4
So the team Tomm and secret cleaner live was amazing! So informative, practical, common sense. They were funny too! They talked about people burning zoflora and Lenor pellets (unstoppables) in their burners, the dangers of mixing chemicals, cleaning too much and mental health, how you don't need to clean your sink 4 times and how they no longer use fabric conditioner at all. They spoke about spraying your house with FC and what would happen if there was a fire (the speed of it spreading).
They were SO good. The absolute opposite of Sophie. Informed, confident, genuine - both a safe pair of hands. Over an hour flew by! It's on the secret cleaners account until tonight - definitely worth a watch (if only for the magic milk ??)!
Been trying to watch it all day on and off, baby won't let me watch it the whole way through ? even the beginning bit was so interesting though about antibac! Who knew cleaning was such a minefield!

Reactions: 3
@StopSwipingUp welcome to the dark side!? I joke as you've clearly seen the light thankfully. I agree with everything you've said. Her followers being a certain demographic is something I've been thinking about a lot recently. These aren't teenage girls that as usually hooked in by the influencer's these are grown women and it's bloody worrying how well she is successfully brainwashing or "influencing" them. They do it for the validation of getting likes on instagram or Facebook I believe. Take away that and what do they really have to gain from hinching? A cupboard full of crap and a chemically laden "clean" house.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

You have said everything I am thinking, I just wish I had realised earlier. There will be stories very soon of the negative effects she is having on people. When she says hinchers have changed her life she basically means hinchers have made her rich because everything else about her life is the same and what really annoys me is "we're all in this together".... no we are not as she is the only one laughing all the way to the bank. Not sure how people like this sleep at night.... maybe that's why she can't....

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@StopSwipingUp welcome to the dark side!? I joke as you've clearly seen the light thankfully. I agree with everything you've said. Her followers being a certain demographic is something I've been thinking about a lot recently. These aren't teenage girls that as usually hooked in by the influencer's these are grown women and it's bloody worrying how well she is successfully brainwashing or "influencing" them. They do it for the validation of getting likes on instagram or Facebook I believe. Take away that and what do they really have to gain from hinching? A cupboard full of crap and a chemically laden "clean" house.
I agree about the demographic too. I've been thinking about it and wasn't sure how to word it without perhaps sounding conceited. Whoever brought it up did so very well, tactfully.
Everything is a product placement to guarantee connection with their audience. A sales basic. Know your market.
It makes it all the more uncomfortable for me to watch.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know how they sleep at night.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I just had a Google and could only see the one from September (fingers crossed)
Googled, Facebooked, Twitter ---- I haven't found one source to verify this.

Alice has been doing a great job debunking Mrs H. I don't think This Morning will be having her as a regular. Maybe she'll be on to promote her book but that's it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Googled, Facebooked, Twitter ---- I haven't found one source to verify this.

Alice has been doing a great job debunking Mrs H. I don't think This Morning will be having her as a regular. Maybe she'll be on to promote her book but that's it.
I'm going to have to check Alice out in YouTube!

Thanks for the warm welcome, @Bubu and everyone else.

I think the reason why Sophie has been so successful with this demographic is because she isn't really like the rest of the popular influencers. They tend to post about brand deals with high-end designers, sponsored trips to luxe tropical resorts, partnerships with ludicrously expensive superfood supplements, etc. It's financially unachievable for the average person, and grown women know that, so their followers are mostly naive teenage girls.

Sophie, on the other hand, partners with Febreeze which is only about £1 a bottle, takes a sponsored Valentine trip to a hotel in the UK which is nice but not crazily expensive, posts swipe up links to cheap eBay furniture, etc. She curates her life to look aspirational, yet affordable, resulting in these women feeling like they can achieve it too if they just buy the same stuff that she does.

She might pretend to be ditzy on her instagram stories, but I believe she is an incredibly shrewd and talented businesswoman.

• Heart
I see the Hinch Army are starting to stick up for her regarding the cruelty to animals and product stock piling. Twinkletwinklelittletwat has been very vocal today!

• Haha
I hope you all like my new avatar, it's just Mrs Hinch looking like she's about to drink Lenor on live television. You may not recognise her without butterflies flying around her head ?
This is Schofes reaction to it:

Last edited:
  • Haha
I see the Hinch Army are starting to stick up for her regarding the cruelty to animals and product stock piling. Twinkletwinklelittletwat has been very vocal today!
Yeah, noticed little miss mops is going on about animal testing today and taking the piss a bit, know she does take the piss a lot but seems like she's being a bit snidey about it? Lost a bit of respect there! Know some like to keep the hinch army on side so they don't get abuse but thought she wasn't one of them. Especially after the abuse she got for using a squeegee on a rug and was sent abusive messages saying she had stolen cleaning tips! (the irony)

• Angry
I started following the organised mum because so many people recommended and I love her, thanks!

Reactions: 3
Yeah, noticed little miss mops is going on about animal testing today and taking the piss a bit, know she does take the piss a lot but seems like she's being a bit snidey about it? Lost a bit of respect there! Know some like to keep the hinch army on side so they don't get abuse but thought she wasn't one of them. Especially after the abuse she got for using a squeegee on a rug and was sent abusive messages saying she had stolen cleaning tips! (the irony)
I'm starting to wonder about little miss mopps - surely she must be getting a cut or referral fee from that plum savings thing?

I'd love it if the secret cleaner or organised mum et al would signup here anonymously (as can be) and spill the tea / throw a bit of shade at Soph.
I'm starting to wonder about little miss mopps - surely she must be getting a cut or referral fee from that plum savings thing?
Someone I know does Plum referrals I believe it's £5 they get for every person that signs up. She should be marking it as an AD and affiliate link

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.