Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hey guys, I'm new here. I found this site a couple of days ago and have read through all of the Hinch threads, feeling more and more like a mug the longer I read.

I'm pretty embarrassed to say that I was completely fooled by Sophie. Usually I consider myself to be pretty savvy to the realities of instagram influencers, but I truly believed that she was just a girl next door who enjoyed cleaning to help her anxiety and found herself accidentally caught up in a media frenzy. I believed that she was a hairdresser before, that she enjoyed buying cheap bits and bobs on ebay and sharing the bargains (I didn't know there was an ebay partner scheme to earn money with!), that she was a fairly experienced cleaner with new tips for me to try out.

Now I know that she and her husband have a background of working in corporate sales for years (which she mysteriously never mentions to her millions of "friends" - oops, I mean brainwashed followers), that her Instagram rise to popularity was calculated and involved buying adverts and newspaper articles, that she's earning serious cash with every single ebay swipe up (and she posts dozens a day!), and that she only got into cleaning a year ago and stole all of her tips from Facebook groups and other cleaning influencers.

I really want to thank this group for alerting me to the dangers of her tips. I've been struggling with depression for a few years (this is probably why I was so easily taken in by her happy-go-lucky style instagram stories), but she made me feel motivated to go and buy new cleaning products and take more pride in my home again. The day before I discovered this site I had bought a bunch of Zoflora and was planning on using it all over the house like she does, but thanks to you guys I now know how insanely flammable and toxic to animals it is, so I won't be using it.

What I find most disgusting is how her brand is targeting mentally unwell, working class women - aka one of the most vulnerable demographics. I might come across as crazy here, but after reading these threads I truly believe that everything she posts is calculated to appeal to these women, and that her true personality is nothing like this at all. I don't for a second believe that she eats so much junk and unhealthy food, yet stays so slim - I think she posts this because it's similar to the foods her target market purchase, so makes her seem more relatable. When she was staying at a fairly nice hotel for Valentines, she was acting like everything was so posh and amazing (eg mini jam jars, room service), yet she will most likely have been on work trips to similar hotels as part of her old job. I think she was just pretending to be overwhelmed by how "posh" it all was because many of the women in her target market will have never stopped at a fancy hotel, so again it makes her more relatable.

Even the way she speaks is an act. I watched her TV segment from last year, and in it she sounds nothing like the way she does in her stories. She was extremely professional, next to no grammatical slip ups, no stammering or pauses, incredibly confident, and much less of the Essex twang to her voice. Whereas in her stories, again, she presents a more "working class" style of speaking, probably so that her followers feel like she's truly one of them, and that they can trust her.

Most disgusting of all, though, is that Jamie was privately educated (I believe - pretty sure I read that on the previous thread) so clearly had a very comfortable upbringing, and has what is presumably a very well paying job in sales. He has lived a privileged life, and patronisingly greets these working class women that follow Sohpie with a cheery "Hello shoppers!", after the pair of them have rinsed these women for the little money they have. I've seen the screenshots from the Facebook groups of women going into debt because they are being manipulated into stockpiling a narnia and buying an overpriced shark hoover - it truly is the rich robbing the poor. Despicable.

And don't even get me started on the environmental damage she is doing personally, as well as encouraging millions of others to do. This comment is already turning into a novel, so I'd better just stop here, haha. Thanks for helping me see the light, guys. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Isthisthereallife?

Oh shut up Sophie!

You only post other people's "inspirational" quotes and memes because you lack the empathy, depth and warmth to post original motivating and loving material. This bullshit you have just posted should read:

To my Shoppers

3 important reminders:

1) You are Mugs

2) Your money means everything to us.

3) We love ourselves

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
S

SherlockHuns

I don't think that this is the place to judge non breastfeeders- in fact nowhere should be used to judge non breastfeeders, doesn't make you a better parent for doing it. Fed is best...

Reactions: 25

Loutay89

Hello everyone I have just joined, I’m so angry! I started out like quite a few and thought i liked Mrs Hinch, I followed her and even joined a group on Facebook (mainly for nosing at peoples home decor and the odd tip) which ended badly, I solely blamed the members of the group for their bitchy ness, cult like and often schoolyard bully behaviour, I would go on the group and scroll to have a look and pick up some tips and sometimes I would see someone asking a question or telling people to do something dangerous (mixing chemicals, thinking they’re cleaning something when actually they’re poisoning themselves and making it even dirtier) and would politely comment with facts or personal experience and sometimes just common sense. Each and every time I did this I was jumped on, mocked or told that I should leave the group, “-WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE IF YOU DONT AGREE?!?” “Negavtive” “bringing people down” etc... I was muted from being allowed to post in the group for backing up someone who stated facts and posted links so I left the group and joined a different one. I still really enjoyed looking at peoples storage decor ideas etc, same thing again; herd mentality, not being allowed any sort of opinion and left feeling frustrated and angry that I am not allowed to say anything I’m thinking or try and help people with advice of any kind that goes against the ‘Hinch way’

Now Mrs Hinch is a member of these groups, she gets tagged in things by members and sometimes comments or makes a post herself. (Not on anything useful or that isn’t fawning over her) and I’ve realised that she is a massive hypocrite, she bangs on about bully’s and the like but does nothing to calm down the angry mob that sometimes bully anyone with any kind of sense, the admins of these groups are honestly intolerable, a case of drunk on power, they expect to be treated like gods and god forbid if you try and argue any kind of valid point, they call it being negative or causing trouble.

The blind following she has disgusts me and the two faced-ness and hyposcrisy is astounding, hate is a strong word but I actually feel like I hate someone I’ve never even met, I also feel like I hate the ‘HiNcH aRmY’ they’re a bunch of classless vulgar immature bullies and don’t have the capacity to understand that people are entitled to their own opinions and just because you don’t agree with someone it doesn’t make you negavtive or a hater.

To cut a long story short I wish I could do something to shut this whole thing down or even just get my point across without being blocked or silenced by these dumb asses, Mrs Hinch knows full well what her army are doing and revels in it, she loves being the leader of the pack and sitting back while the people she blatantly takes the piss out of do her bidding.

I’m really sorry for the long post but I actually feel quite upset right now, I’m having a down day and have just been reading through some of the people getting bullied and attacked for no reason and in turn has made me remember how pissed off I was when that was me.
Im to the point now where I comment everywhere I can and I admit sometimes I am aggravating on purpose even if I know it mostly falls on deaf ears I always hope that just one person will open their mind and maybe think twice about what they’re part of and see the light.

Again sorry for the essay but I really needed to write down exactly what I thought somewhere that there’s a chance it might be read and maybe certain points ring true!
I feel better already.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
S

SherlockHuns

This threads gone a bit too far even for me! Jesus, implying she won't be a good mother because she might not breastfeed, might use johnsons baby products, doesn't grow her own veg, hoping she drops the child and its raised by monkeys. Her child her choices. Yes she doesn't eat properly, and has little regard to her unborn child with regards to inhaling chemicals and lack of nutrients but its completely unfair to dictate how she should look after her child when it's born.

Even though she pisses me off, she's a liar and she's dishonest I don't think there's any need for the virtuous parenting advice. It's one thing taking the piss out of her and making jokes but even I after reading this thread have felt a degree of sympathy and guilt towards her. It's an innocent child Ffs. Have any of you had post natal anxiety or depression?

It's probably better to leave the innocents out of it, their families etc. Hunting her mother in law, sister in law etc. down isn't going to achieve much!

Reactions: 22

Pollyponsonby

VIP Member
Here is a happy Hincher who sleeps with a sponge soaked in Zoflora in her pillow.She is pregnant and quite surprisingly the Army all tried to explain the dangers,she would not listen! Very sad!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
M

Member 2143

Looks like people are starting to turn things around...
Love this! @dazlincleaning is fab. She did a great live insta last night. She's doing this spring clean thing with sister pledge and the secret cleaner, not sure if team Tomm is doing it too. They're going to give away their excess cleaning stuff to food banks etc and then just buy cruelty free stuff after that. Getting rid of their Narnias!!!. Feels like these accounts are helping turn the tide away from the Hinch? (Yay!!) They're so much more relatable and down to earth. Useful. Think the secret cleaner is doing a live with the organised mum tonight - I'm going to watch to see if the Hinch gets mentioned!

Reactions: 19

Minestronesoup

Hi, the environmental scientist here again (remember me from my long open letter to Sophie a few threads ago?)

So I've been reading and sitting on the back row with my popcorn as per and something just occured to me regarding the whole baby thing.

So for those of us who have had babies and/or those of us who has cared for babies - you know that time in their development when they start to roll over? That time when they lay on their cute little bellies and get frustrated because they want to crawl but can't quite get it? You know, that time when they try to crawl but then give up so face-plant the rug instead and have a suck on it because it is just a something different in its inquisitive little mouth?

Or the time in their development when they suck on their bedding because again, they are inquiring little buggers and every thing they grab hold of goes straight into their mouths? Or maybe that time of their development when they start to teethe and they grab and chomp and gum anything they can?

And now fast forward to Baby Hinch... Sucking on his cot bedding caked in febreeze, chomping down on his toys that have no doubt been disinfected with Zoflora. Face planting that frikken horrendous rug of hers (which due to the long pile will be very appealing to grabby little baby fingers) and then having a good old suck on those long rug fibres, every one of which has been coated with years of 1001 build up etc... ?

Now fast forward 30 seconds later to when Baby Hinch is being violently ill, no doubt projectile vomiting and doing anything it can to expel those nasty chemicals it has just sucked on. Now fast forward to the ambulance being called..... The seizures.... The rest you can make up with your educated minds....

THAT ⬆ is when we see her change her ways and we see her demise.

And now I shall go back to my popcorn, reading my science books, and sit quietly until another little nugget pops into my head.

Peace out ✌

(oh and I grow my own, compost, have fruit trees, greenhouses, potting shed etc also and I use a Mooncup, recycle, buy from a local farm shop rather than a supermarket.... Etc etc etc.
So to those who GYO and care about our environment... high five!!! ?️)

• Heart
Reactions: 18

vodkandcokeplz

Chatty Member
Sophie, this needs to stop. How are you anxious and depressed yet manage to trowel on 2 inches of makeup just to ‘hinch’ and able to travel to London everyday for a shoot, go out shopping everyday and sit in cafes on your own whilst on stories.

You’re making a mockery out of people who actually suffer from anxiety/depression. If you was really suffering you’d more than likely stop caring what you looked like, probably would ignore the dishes piling up in the kitchen for a while etc because your mind would be so preoccupied with worry and all sorts of other stuff to even care about some bin bag gadget.

You’re pregnant so it’s probably natural to worry a little and get nervous about things but to diagnose yourself with anxiety etc like it’s in fashion is just patronising. You only mention anxiety when you’ve been quiet on Insta and worrying all the hinchers are gonna stop spending their money on your shit swipe ups. Or maybe your just worried so much about all your lies and the truth coming out and the guilts eating you up.

Sorry for the essay needed to rant :sneaky:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
M

Member 3661

Felt like I had to come on and say something about this whole ticket farce.
So let me get this right...
For months now she's encouraged people to buy her book, and by doing so at one point she made it to #1 in the Amazon Book Chart.
Now a few months later people are being told they need a ticket to meet her on the book tour and included in the cost of said ticket is a signed book.
So I'm thinking that the majority of these people will now cancel their pre-orders on Amazon. (The same orders that made her a #1 book seller)
These people's books will now be supplied by Waterstones and WH Smith who are holding the signing events!
So in essence she might not be a best selling author on Amazon at all... because surprise surprise it's all been manipulated again... this time by Penguin?
Amazon should really comprise their book chart from actual sales not pre-order sales to avoid this loophole being exploited.

Yesterday when she was in Morrisons eating her baked tattie anyone could have gone out up to her and asked for her autograph, yet people are expected to pay to meet her to get the book signed... a book which today costs £7.79 on Amazon... so if the tickets are £12.99... that's £5.20 for a signature of someone whose really a nonentity!

If someone wants to find her it's pretty easy... I found out the address in less than 5 mins.
It's on their planning permission and her actual door number is still on an image on her SIL's Instagram page from when she asked people to follow Sophie.
It's also on other articles on the web which they've been too lazy to remove in their haste to be famous.

What they also failed to remove quickly was her old Twitter account... the one that I took numerous screenshots of.
So if this book is going to explore her journey with anxiety then they'd better be prepared for the actual true facts to come out about her relationship with the guy she was with before Jamie, the fact that she smoked dope, drunk heavily and partied hard on holidays abroad.

No-one is going to learn anything of interest or be inspired by Sophie Hinchliffe.

Oh and Jamie if you are reading here. Cheers for getting my comments removed on The Sun article, but no worry I'm sure there'll be plenty more newspaper articles to comment on over the coming weeks... it's going to be a full time job for you monitoring comments... making sure the hinchers don't find out that they can go to their local Argos to buy certain items instead of swiping up to Argos on Ebay and giving you a cut.
I laughed out loud at the person who called you a vest wearing chav with a toupee dropped on his head - so apt. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart

MummyB

Wow I feel like I have found my people!!! I have an insta account for my home/family/cleaning etc but I set it up purposely to show you don’t need 19388372782 bottles of Zoflora (I don’t own any!) or a stupid amount of cleaning products to clean your home with! It amazing the amount of people who have messaged me thanking me for saying it out loud because they thought they were the only ones and everyone else was like Mrs Hinch! There is a huge amount of accounts out there now that have seen the light....I’ll be directing them this way in future because I’ve learnt so much from reading these posts but it’s also confirmed so many of my suspicions!!!

• Heart

GossWhore

VIP Member
The FB groups act like sheep.
I saw a couple people said they wouldn't purchase the book and were attacked

"sO WhY ArE yOu heRe? SuPpOrT sOphiE"
"ItS ouR WaY oF SaYiNg ThAnK yOu"

• Haha
  • Wow
M

Member 2143

I'm going to write to watchdog. I've had enough. Or Martin Lewis. Or both. Fucking scamming witch. Does Anne Robinson still do watchdog? I'd love to see her rip this one apart ?

• Haha
Reactions: 16

100games

Hi, been lurking as a non registered entity for a bit now.

And I'm so on the same page as most of you.

Who's bin stinks that much

I've always used zoflora and shipped in £1 shops and we all know they have good products at a fraction of the price not a new thing.

She's painfully thin

The daily ritual of spraying this and that with every chemical going can not be good for her health.

I'm just wondering where her real friends are and what she's going to be like when there's a baby in the house.. ha that bin will stink of chicken korma baby nappies!!!

Of course we won't see the real deal will we, poor little Sophie crying in the corner with worzel gunmidge hair and stinking because she has no time to shower haha.

I for one am looking forward to what will unfold.

• Heart

Bubu

Chatty Member
@StopSwipingUp welcome to the dark side!? I joke as you've clearly seen the light thankfully. I agree with everything you've said. Her followers being a certain demographic is something I've been thinking about a lot recently. These aren't teenage girls that as usually hooked in by the influencer's these are grown women and it's bloody worrying how well she is successfully brainwashing or "influencing" them. They do it for the validation of getting likes on instagram or Facebook I believe. Take away that and what do they really have to gain from hinching? A cupboard full of crap and a chemically laden "clean" house.

• Heart

Zozzat

Newbie here! I only discovered Mrs Hinch the other day! I know I know...where have I been lol. I quite enjoyed her vids and definitely got the cleaning bug. But I also felt very anxious that my house doesn't look like hers and I didn't have time to clean it like she does. This forum really opened up my eyes though. Fair play to her earning money and becoming successful..but I had to unfollow her. X

Bubu

Chatty Member
I don't like her approach to cleaning and ads etc and her ability to be dense about most things is highly irritating but the slating of her appearance is a bit much. She does overuse filters but at least its one that's so obviously a filter you can essentially disregard it, its not as though she's face tuning and photoshopping, its gold butterflies etc. The pictures from the photoshoot today she genuinely looks pretty and if they were handing out her figure at Sainsbury's, I'd be there. Calling her manly and 'like a man in drag' is a bit of a reach, she's quite clearly attractive, its possible to not like a person but not tear apart their face at the same time.
The filter she uses is a bit more than just butterfly's, it completely changes her face shape and eyebrow shape, adds even more fake lashes to her already overdone appearance. Teenage girls are going to brow bars and asking for mrs hinch bows when they are not achievable, becuase she has them all convinced that it is what she actually looks like, not just the filter. When nobody ever sees the woman without a filter, and then you see a rare pic of her with no filter of course we are going to talk about it.

Off topic... Getting fed up with all the policing going on on this thread today to be honest. If I don't like people's post I just roll my eyes and scroll past

• Heart

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Hmm, if she didn't post her 10 year photo, I might just say she is naturally skinny but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I try not to judge on people being thin as I have always been v thin and in high school, people said I had an eating disorder etc which wasn't true and really did a number on my self-esteem. Now at 26, I am still thin but go to the gym and have managed to build up muscle, which I love.
I get this! I was always super slim to the point that people would ask totally inappropriate questions about my eating habits, and I got bullied at school to the point it almost gave me a problem. I became fixated on proving I ate to the point that it would make me sick, which in turn, fuelled people's worries. I almost resented being slim. Now I'm the opposite and would give anything to be my former slender self. I am on lots of medications for my MH that have seen me balloon 3.5 stone in two years. Its REALLY getting me down!

I am HATING Mrs Hinch tonight. I will never accuse someone of faking a MH issue because I know they can present in so many different ways and people have very different ways of how they show them both inwardly and outwardly. However....her narrative tonight has had me in nearly tears of frustration. Her saying about if you have a nervous tummy, just go for it and you'll be surprised. It's REALLY rubbed me up the wrong way. I feel like I have already overshared on here but my nervous tummy a.k.a anxiety is literally the bane of my life. Somedays it hits with no warning. Or I can think I feel prepared for something and then I am totally blindsided by it. I had my daughters parents evening a few weeks ago. I hadn't been out, in public around people for a little while but this was of course very important to me and i thought I had done a good job of prepping myself for it. About an hour before i started getting the nervous tummy, but tried to ignore it. I pottered around the house, nibbling on plain biscuits to ease the feeling. My mum arrived to pick me up (she's amazing and is the 'dad' as well as super nan to my child and accompanied me to school events etc - think she also does it because she knows how i suffer) and I couldn't even leave the house. I was dripping with sweat and couldn't stop heaving from the nausea (even though, other than the biscuits, I hadn't been able to eat in the lead up). This is just a brief explanation of what is actually a very complex and all to common occurrence for me. I do everything I have learnt in counselling and courses to mentally overcome it but sometimes it sneeks up and pulls the rug out from beneath me. I mentally torture myself, giving myself ridiculous scenarios such as if you don't do this for your daughter then xyz will happpen YET i still can't control it. I would never trivialise someone else's problems but I just can't cope her 'positive' chat about a photo shoot. Maybe if she gave real coping mechanisms I could take her more seriously but i just feel really upset and patronised.

Think I'm going to give her a swerve for a few days. Sorry for offloading on here.