Mrs Hinch #119 Salt & Pepper pots galore and pond water casserole once more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to catch up but all these kids dressing up as Mrs hinch I just find ridiculous. At my daughter's preschool today they got to dress up as a character from a book or their pyjamas and they all bought in a book with the character or just their favorite book in general. The nursery teachers are going to read the books throughout the day and do activities relating to them, I'm sorry but how are they meant to do that that if I dressed her as Mrs hinch. Exactly what part of the book would they read aloud to the kids.

If you want to dress as a cleaning lady I suggest Dame Washalot from The Magic Faraway tree because that is an actual book!!!!

And whoever dressed up their dog, I absolutely despair!!!

Reactions: 18
If your child’s favourite book is Mrs hinch it’s obvious you never read to your child or probably even have books at home. Cop out lazy tit of an outfit and idea 🙄

Reactions: 27
My husband has informed me he has had a dettol bath before when recovering from a sickness bug...and I think I’ve had one too! Definitely not a regular occurrence and definitely v v v v diluted!!
I've only done this post birth with horrendous stitches could never bring myself to do this again, the smell reminds me of the pain 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Dear Tattlers I have a confession to make. Forgive me, for I have sinned....

I’ve just put a casserole in the slo-cooker! 😱

In my defence...I didn’t use a packet mix and all of the herbs came from my own garden.

All I can say is please be lenient with your judgement 🥴

(Think this WBD thing has made me go a bit crazy today!) 🤣
I have sinned also because I’ve done the same! but again everything is handmade.
I’m even making dumplings too. No packets here in my house!

I’m still in disbelief over wbd and all those poor kids.
The looney teachers who don’t even deserve that title if they can’t think of another person to go as.

my eldest daughters teacher was dressed up as dumbledore and the support as prof mcgonagal looked hilarious! The kids loved it.
The twins teachers were dressed as Willy Wonka and the other the BFG.

PROPER BOOK CHARACTERS 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
All this talk of sitting in his little teepee reading him books as well. I read my 6month a Julia Donaldson book every single day. He's more interested in grabbing my hair right now, but I persist 😆
I read to my daughter every night from when she was a baby, she's 12 now and we still read together every night 😍 I'm sure there will come a day where she's like "mum, we really need to pack this in, I'm 25" but as long as she wants to carry on I will!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I feel for every child being sent to school dressed as Mrs hinch today. Thiers so many child friendly ideas and she ain't one!

Lazy parents imo.

Reactions: 10
I do not believe any child asked to be Mrs hinch.....Anyone else feel sad that little girls all over couldn’t go dressed up as something they really wanted 😭
I feel so sad that these little girls are being forced into 1950’s female stereotypes by mothers who are regressing us to the dark ages. I can’t quite believe it to be honest. It’s bleeping criminal 😡

Reactions: 20
I need to catch up but all these kids dressing up as Mrs hinch I just find ridiculous. At my daughter's preschool today they got to dress up as a character from a book or their pyjamas and they all bought in a book with the character or just their favorite book in general. The nursery teachers are going to read the books throughout the day and do activities relating to them, I'm sorry but how are they meant to do that that if I dressed her as Mrs hinch. Exactly what part of the book would they read aloud to the kids.

If you want to dress as a cleaning lady I suggest Dame Washalot from The Magic Faraway tree because that is an actual book!!!!

And whoever dressed up their dog, I absolutely despair!!!
I’m 48 and the Faraway Tree books we’re my absolute favourites as a child! 😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well I see your casserole and I raise you last nights tea - which was 🥁 🥁 Pasta n Sauce.... yeh ...... howzabout that then!!

In my defence, it wasn't just the pasta n sauce, I added loads of peppers, chicken and onion to it, and it served me and my daughter, but we were late back from visiting some friends so it was quick and easy but still fairly healthy (ish)

I am expecting to be stoned to death now! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know this isn't a mum group but my daughter is 17 months and screams blue murder everytime I put her rear facing. Like tears stream down her face and she's beside herself even when we are done with the drive. Her nannan has an old car seat which she goes forward facing in when she's in the car with her. And shes fine, so it's definitely an issue with rear facing but I don't know how to make it better - it's devastating for everyone when she's screaming, but I know it's safer so I was hoping for advice!
What seat do you have that she can rear face in? I know a few others have suggested but we have the mirror aswell.

I was thinking about her hinchers last night and how they’re not really fans at all. They’re aggressive and obsessive, it’s weird.

Someone on my Facebook page last night wrote a status saying ‘Now I like Mrs Hinch and everything but..’ and then proceeded to go on about things that we all know are very wrong about her.

I find it kind of sad that she obviously doesn’t really like Mrs Hinch she just felt she probably had to start with that sentence so someone didn’t jump down her throat.

Her ‘hinch army’ are more like a cult, they think nobody can dislike or do harm to their queen Sophie. It’s like nobody is allowed a difference of opinion to them when it comes to this woman.

Reactions: 19
No boys that I can see dressed up as a hincher.. is this really how we want to bring up young girls?

I could honestly scream. DO BETTER!!!

• Angry
Thread suggestion:
Hinch is always naked eating casseroles for tea, an embarrassing detty peg drooling over Lee.

• Haha
  • Heart
My step sons came home from school a few weeks ago with a leaflet about WBD and the guidelines, they were allowed to dress up as fictional characters only. I’m a book geek so love seeing kids being excited about books, they both got into it and re read their favourite books before deciding on who they wanted to dress up as. Eventually settled on Fantastic Mr Fox and Dobbie from Harry Potter. There was such a buzz at the school gates this morning with the kids chattering about their books and costumes, all the teachers were dressed up too. And I’m glad to say not a Hinch in sight! On my social media I’ve not seen any kids dressed as Hinch, I’ve only seen them on the 1 Hinch page I’m a member of. The cutest I’ve seen so far is my 3 year old niece dressed as a lady bird from a Julia Donaldson book What The Ladybird Did Next.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just had a look at the lyrics to All Rise...well I know we’ve got some very clever fellow ‘trolls’ (as they very mistakenly call us) and thought someone must be able to compose a very good adaptation of it...some of the words are already there.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just had a look at the lyrics to All Rise...well I know we’ve got some very clever fellow ‘trolls’ (as they very mistakenly call us) and thought someone must be able to compose a very good adaptation of it...some of the words are already there.
Just a simple "All Lies" will do 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I DESPAIR! So many wonderful children’s and young adult books spanning literally hundreds of years and they let their kid dress as Hinch 😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.