Mother Pukka #3 I think we might be remarkable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still amazed that throughout the time she was flogging the Flex Appeal and posting about the struggle her kids were at the grandparents about 4 days a week! her Mum had to cut it back as she was tired and 'Anna wasn't happy' then she had to stop it as the kids got such a strong bond with the Nan. Unbelievable.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I'm still amazed that throughout the time she was flogging the Flex Appeal and posting about the struggle her kids were at the grandparents about 4 days a week! her Mum had to cut it back as she was tired and 'Anna wasn't happy' then she had to stop it as the kids got such a strong bond with the Nan. Unbelievable.
Was it her mum who said this? Or Anna?

Reactions: 2
Was it her mum who said this? Or Anna?
The article written by her mother said she had to stop as it was getting too much. When Anna and Matt moved it made the journey even longer. I can't remember where the parents live but it was a big old journey to London with a toddler.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
This isn't quite true. Grandmother only looked after the first child. I don't think (might be wrong though) that the whole flex appeal stuff started until after 2nd child was born.

Reactions: 3
This isn't quite true. Grandmother only looked after the first child. I don't think (might be wrong though) that the whole flex appeal stuff started until after 2nd child was born.
Correct, she'd stopped before the second one came along

Reactions: 1
Yes. What *is* definitely true though is that her origin story is dubious at best. The story she endlessly repeats about giving up work at L'Oreal after her flexible working request was denied and becoming an accidental influencer with flex appeal after her instagram post about being late for nursery pickup after 'someone's briefcase got stuck in the tube door' to her '62 followers' exploded? She was already an established influencer by then, a good couple of years in, and with an agent - there is literally an interview with the Evening Standard online about it and about 50 videos on her Mother Pukka Youtube channel before Flex Appeal is ever mentioned.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
The whole flex appeal thing was about raising Anna’s profile. She had her mum doing her childcare free but saw a USP in the insta market. There’s a reason she’s always been front & central.
It was also heavily funded by McAlpine so it is not the altruistic project she paints it to be. She was a spokesperson on the payroll

Reactions: 15
Yes. What *is* definitely true though is that her origin story is dubious at best. The story she endlessly repeats about giving up work at L'Oreal after her flexible working request was denied and becoming an accidental influencer with flex appeal after her instagram post about being late for nursery pickup after 'someone's briefcase got stuck in the tube door' to her '62 followers' exploded? She was already an established influencer by then, a good couple of years in, and with an agent - there is literally an interview with the Evening Standard online about it and about 50 videos on her Mother Pukka Youtube channel before Flex Appeal is ever mentioned.
Christ, I know it was a few years ago, but she looks like a completely different person in that article. I would never in a million years think that was the same Anna that we see now.

Reactions: 5
I find the bits about her not climaxing with him so distasteful and such a low blow. I would have zero respect for someone who speaks like that in public. Unless he was abusive and in that case I’d understand the low blows. But telling the general public such details about your kids father shows the level of character this woman possesses. Moving on quickly is to be expected these days but keep your powder dry and keep your dignity.
So bleeping tacky of her to say that. But, on brand, so...

Reactions: 7
The article written by her mother said she had to stop as it was getting too much. When Anna and Matt moved it made the journey even longer. I can't remember where the parents live but it was a big old journey to London with a toddler.
I think it was one of those Home Counties like Buckinghamshire because someone who knew Anna made reference to where she grew up on one of her posts once.
---
I did always wonder about the authenticity of that story. It always had a bit of a whiff about it. She never presented as just an accidental influencer. She always seemed very savvy and ambitious and probably saw the opportunity in those very early days of insta. Even those godawful modelling shots she posted recently hinted at the fame hungry person she was to become. Similar story to clemmie hopper’s early appearance on that dating game show before she got big. I wonder how Anna felt about the demise of her ‘friend’.

Reactions: 7
She’s not an “accidental” influencer. There is no such thing. There is no influencer university where people go to get qualifications to become influencers. By definition, every influencer is “accidental”. And most are grabby grifters.

Her entire online presence and flex appeal campaign is built on her resentment of her children. “Shattered pieces”, “empty crisp packet”, “unpaid labour”. It’s grim how much she shares so publicly about hating being a mother to her kids. not to mention the lies - she didn’t even do the bulk of raising them, what with her mum around and her Ex.

Reactions: 12
I think it was one of those Home Counties like Buckinghamshire because someone who knew Anna made reference to where she grew up on one of her posts once.
---

I did always wonder about the authenticity of that story. It always had a bit of a whiff about it. She never presented as just an accidental influencer. She always seemed very savvy and ambitious and probably saw the opportunity in those very early days of insta. Even those godawful modelling shots she posted recently hinted at the fame hungry person she was to become. Similar story to clemmie hopper’s early appearance on that dating game show before she got big. I wonder how Anna felt about the demise of her ‘friend’.
She came across awfully on that dating show but she was very young. Clemmie wasn't very bright though and caused her own demise. Anna is much smarter and that's why she is where she is...
I fell for it all back around 2017,18 I think it was. When they all started advertising the same stuff (I remember very clearly a particular 'healthy' cereal doing the rounds) I saw them all for what they are, or for what Instagram is. When Clemmie's demise occurred, which brought me here (!), I unfollowed all of them.

Reactions: 11
It was also heavily funded by McAlpine so it is not the altruistic project she paints it to be. She was a spokesperson on the payroll
Thank you for mentioning McAlpine. I remember reading they were heavy backers and she was potentially a paid figurehead but couldn’t remember the details

Reactions: 5
Why share this on your public platform? Even if it isn’t some sort of dig at her Ex, why is she posting and sharing passive aggressive cryptic stuff? Sure, have a chuckle and share it in your group chats or with your bestie BFF. But sharing this stuff peppered with all the creepy PDA with OLLIE BRETON OLLIE BRETON and shouting Ya DIDN’T MAKE ME CUM ANYWAY YA twit on podcasts is really showing peak pathetic.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Why share this on your public platform? Even if it isn’t some sort of dig at her Ex, why is she posting and sharing passive aggressive cryptic stuff? Sure, have a chuckle and share it in your group chats or with your bestie BFF. But sharing this stuff peppered with all the creepy PDA with OLLIE BRETON OLLIE BRETON and shouting Ya DIDN’T MAKE ME CUM ANYWAY YA twit on podcasts is really showing peak pathetic.
This has done the rounds loads on Instagram, not that exact post but the same comment about mothers and second families. We know Anna likes to repeat things ad nauseum. Shattered pieces etc etc.

Reactions: 6
Divorce seems the best thing to happen to all the instamums given how much they loathe spending time with their kids. They now get at least every other weekend child-free if not half the week. I’m surprised more of them aren’t at it!

Reactions: 13
This has done the rounds loads on Instagram, not that exact post but the same comment about mothers and second families. We know Anna likes to repeat things ad nauseum. Shattered pieces etc etc.
Her “flex appeal” brand positioning, if you can call it that, apparently is inclusive. “It’s not just mums, dads and carers too have the right/this is for all of us shattered crisp packets”. But here she is, getting competitive over secret families. Pathetic

Reactions: 3
Olly Breton looks a bit like he’s being held hostage, don’t you think? I wonder if he’s in too deep and can’t see a way out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12