Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suey81

Go easy on yourselves guys.... the shiny new cool mumfluencer culture was so alluring and new at the time - everyone wanted to be in a girl gang and the closest thing we could get was buying one of those poxy jumpers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
This 100 percent this captures the insta mum zeitgeist of 2015 to circa late 18 (rip. ⚰.)..Jesus and we all were briefly beguiled in our "mama" sweaters that we paid extortionate amounts for before gaining sense
Yes! The "Mama" and "Winging It" sweatshirts, the ever present "Strong Girls Club" Tees...

• Haha

MedeaWho

Chatty Member
I bet he’s dating someone else, hence the announcement.

I find divorces sad regardless of who it is. These things are never entirely mutual.

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
My brain is a bit slow, but I have been ruminating on the shipping the 18 mo to her mum thing…. Why didn’t the mum just stay with them a couple of nights a week instead, or Anna/Matt could go and stay with them sometimes? the 4 nights seems so harsh? I personally would have been going out of my tree if I was separated from my little girl for four nights a week constantly - no fucking thank you. I’ve got to be honest I think I would have just moved back in with my mum and dad for a while until nursery spaces became available- but you know, of course it speaks fucking VOLUMES of a couple who are happy to wave off their kid for 4 nights a week AND expect your sitter (63 yr old mother!) to do all the fricking leg work so you can stay cushy with your short commute and child free evenings. I mean, it utterly beggars belief. What a spoilt brat she must be to have figured that was the okay thing to do?

Plinkplonk

Chatty Member
I can't believe she actually put a photo of herself in her bra on her hinge profile and then complained that all the men just commented on her body! I mean, men are fundamentally animals. What the hell was she expecting?

• Haha

SheLeft

VIP Member
I'm sure in one of her many longwinded word salad posts about her and Matt having new partners she said that stripey has kids too (as she said she's met them I think).
Is there room in the nest for all these magpies? Must be getting rather crowded in there.

• Haha

Eastspendy

Chatty Member
I am mortified - I have a Scamp and Dude sweater from that era.
Back in the murky era of the Instamums and their over priced sweaters/merch. I remember being a new mum and seeing their cool lifestyles and wondering how they could afford so much and have such good social lives. Obviously now I realise what a farce it all was, but me and many friends bought it at the time :(

• Sad

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
MotherPukka: Cuckoo in the Magpie nest.
---
(you see, she is totallycuckoo but also a cuckoo turfs out the eggs from the original occupant so it works on two levels because I am very clever).

• Haha

Eastspendy

Chatty Member
I just don’t get how as a grown woman you can’t see that this is what EVERYONE does to seem “so amazing doing so well moving on loving life” and it never ends well. It’s a rebound. Pure and simple. She really shouldn’t have introduced him to the kids cos he isn’t going to be around in a while.

how embarrassing to think you’re the exception to the rule. That the man you met weeks after you split from your husband is the real love of your life. And to be SO insistent.
Unless of course, he has been around a lot longer that the Pukkress lets on...

Okgolightly

VIP Member
She announced her engagement on the podcast with Louise Boynton. This week's new Telegraph column about selling the marital home and moving in with My Person Olly is WOW. The best line: 'Until we sell the house, my ex is staying there while I move into another place with my boyfriend.. It was exciting house-hunting together. Finding a place that would house our collective four children...A band of miniature followers under one roof.'

She describes THEIR CHILDREN as followers.
Engaged already?! Those poor children. Seeing their dad in bed with his girlfriend will be the least of their worries.

• Wow

pennypinchpam

VIP Member
I always got the sense that Matt had a disdain for social media but obviously knew its uses, and tolerated it for Anna’s sake. The bulldog chewing a wasp face he used to pull in their pictures together was funny and deliberate for the PR but I’m sure it hinted at his real feelings
I also find it so distasteful that she doesn’t credit him for helping her with flex appeal. He supported her for those years and I thought they were so ReMaRkABLe that she would still acknowledge the role he played
---
I thought she was going to pivot into lesbianism with Polly, that would have provided endless amounts of content and little sayings.
“Why can’t we celebrate non-romantic love” 😂

we do, it’s called hanging out with ya mates

• Haha
  • Heart

PopTarte

How vigorously do we think Anna is trying to propel herself up Giovanna Fletchers arse?

Dream come true with, oh, what’s his name, Olly, I think, she’s not said, having links to Tom Fletcher.

ETA Fuck me, “Olly” is such a wankfest of a name. it reminds me of a home counties Cocker spaniel.
My mum has a spaniel called Ollie 💀

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Did she just start sharing her family/pregnancy one days and it snowballed from there? Did she have media connections at the beginning?
She was around at a magical time on IG where pretty much any white, attractive, educated, middle class woman managed to launch a successful Instamum career. So many of them were in the right place at the right time and just took off.

It helped if you lived in an edgy urban area with a local graffiti wall that you could pose in front of, pushing a buggy.

She definitely has media connections too, she’s been working in the industry all her life.

• Haha
  • Heart

G170D

I feel like so many of these 'mummy/family instagrammers' are splitting because they cannot disconnect from the social world into the real world. They think that life really is how they portray online, that single very staged, very orchestrated snapshot of a fake life where everyone handles hardships and traumatic experiences as one and as a solid unit and heroically. They think they're above 'normal folk' because they have such a huge online presence yet in real life they won't be getting that same adoration and attention, in real life we know that hardships come with hard times, tough conversations and decisions, arguments and stressful environments, houses are messy, kids need attention and care, most can't afford days out or the shit they constantly #ad. Strip the whole Instagram image, ads, pr stays, gifts etc away from them and their lives are so meaningless and empty.