Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Fucking hell. Shes not divorced yet but the new bloke is ‘her person’ and they’re going to spend the rest of their lives together?! Also, the HP references?! Sorry, but someone being that into HP as an adult would put me right off. Grow up. ETA: if this was a working class single mum, she’d be getting throttled in the comments about throwing herself fanny first into a new relationship so soon.
IMG_8668.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Everyone has different lifestyles/needs/responsibilities/obligations, but I genuinely believe a lot of people's (not everyone’s) "busy-ness" is entirely of their own making.
I agree. Extreme ‘busyness’ can be a form of trauma response - where you’re constantly in flight because it feels too risky to stay still. I see lots of people in this state who tell themselves they’re just really busy people who are always on the go. This type of trauma response can sometimes intersect with cluster B type personality disorders, such as histrionic or narcissist, which is why you see it so often on the ‘gram.

Of course, there are also the people who are genuinely overburdened with two jobs, caring responsibilities, single parenting of young children, etc. Although weirdly no one seems to want to gift those types of people free Emma mattresses, or huge wafty sister wife dresses.

• Heart

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Excuse my ignorance here but I really don't understand why they are divorcing if they really care and love each other like they say and have a set up like this? What's the point in divorcing??
Ran out of content and life events.

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Go easy on yourselves guys.... the shiny new cool mumfluencer culture was so alluring and new at the time - everyone wanted to be in a girl gang and the closest thing we could get was buying one of those poxy jumpers
Ugh, so true. I just remember how lonely I felt when my children were small. It was bloody hard. I remember feeling like I’d torpedoed my life and I’d lost my identity and my freedom. Those Instamums sold a lifestyle of looking and feeling a little bit cool again, which is where the slogan jumpers and t shirts came in.

I always thought “Strong Girls Club” was shit though.

They played everyone so well. They all knew exactly what they were doing. There was much foot stamping when they had to start declaring adds.
I will never forget how much they all kicked off over having to admit to all the free stuff they got kindly gifted 🤢

• Heart

Hanna21

Chatty Member
why do they WhatsApp each other like a cringy chick-lit romance book 😂

tattle always calls stuff out months before , love it

• Haha

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
She was around at a magical time on IG where pretty much any white, attractive, educated, middle class woman managed to launch a successful Instamum career. So many of them were in the right place at the right time and just took off.

It helped if you lived in an edgy urban area with a local graffiti wall that you could pose in front of, pushing a buggy.

She definitely has media connections too, she’s been working in the industry all her life.
A graffiti wall was essential in the heady days of peak Instamumming!! Their uniform; a red lip, high maintenance hair cut, dresses with trainers or grenson boots, kids in subtly co-ordinated #gifted leggings/Boden frocks...

• Haha
  • Heart

SheLeft

VIP Member
Olly Breton sounds like the name of a stripey top you’d buy from middle class mummy shops like The White Stuff. Kinda appropriate for Face-full-of-filler-fukka

• Haha

pennypinchpam

VIP Member
The latest podcast episode is even worse. She’s slating Matt, sorry, HeR Ex, so much in her passive aggressive manner but it’s transparent. Claiming he had massive issues with her kids in their room and about her comforting them when they’re scared at night, how they would cry and she would cry. And how her kids had a really difficult weekend because they saw HeR Ex and his new partner in bed together. Wow, THIS is actually remarkable 😂
If I was Matt, I would be losing my shit right about now. How absolutely grotesque that she shares such personal accounts especially when he is known as her ex (despite her erasing his name). She’s such a dick.

• Wow
  • Sick

Saffy123

I know people in her kids class and shes seen as absent, nobody sees her, she does no playdates, her kid is invited to nothing, its a religious school and she does none of it. Maybe she regrets having kids.

Hope Matt meets someone kind who likes kids and will be a kind step mum to them, those girls arent her priority for sure and they know it.

weeweegie

VIP Member
A graffiti wall was essential in the heady days of peak Instamumming!! Their uniform; a red lip, high maintenance hair cut, dresses with trainers or grenson boots, kids in subtly co-ordinated #gifted leggings/Boden frocks...
You got the look bang on but you forgot the stripey mum top. With the silky pleated skirt. I had my kid around the time Anna had her first so I was peak audience for the instamums. My favourite being Unmumsy mum (who is the the only one I still follow to this day). I can tell you that watching these glam, middle class luvvies on insta only made me feel worse but at the time I didn’t even realise it. I was lulled into a feeling of being part of this mum scene, which is ridiculous as I live in Scotland, nowhere near the London luvvies, I’m plain Jane, no where near making the money they do, shop in supermarkets for mine and my kids clothes…the things they were trying to sell, the expensive mama jumpers, the scamp and dude, who was buying that? Your bog standard average mum is not. Especially when you’re on mat leave and rooked.

It’s only now ten years later I’m looking back and wondering what the hell I was thinking, looking up to these women in my phone. I checked in on the brummy mummy the other day and couldn’t believe she’s still doing the whole I’m a mum who needs coffee schtick. Her kids are almost teenagers. Along with MP I used to follow the scummy mummies, Steph don’t buy her flowers, etc but it all kinda came crashing down for me when the MOD drama hit. It’s still kinda unbelievable she left insta and continued on with her midwifery career!

• Heart

Howdy

VIP Member
I also find it so off the number of influenzas who talk about motherhood so badly, like her and her 'child-ravaged,' heart. It's not nice for kids to see that in the future, it would make me feel awful – your children do not need to know that. I don't mean pretend life is perfect but your kids should never feel they've caused you those feelings, in my view. It's a way of fostering guilt in kids but these attention hungry women just see it as content or 'being honest'. It's messed up.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

InstaLurk

VIP Member
She’s having a midlife crisis. The tattoos, the learning how to DJ, the snogging your female mates, the cringe sex talk podcasts. She’s going to go from being the most respectable of the 2017 Instahun crew, to the one who ends up the worst. And that’s a low bar to crawl to!

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
i’m so confused by this because it doesn’t sound like postpartum psychosis at all? but of course MP had the special high functioning version
Because it’s not. I remember saying at the time that puerperal psychosis is a psychiatric emergency. Women who are suffering need urgent in-patient care. They are at massive risk of harming themselves. The clue is in the word “psychosis”.

Whatever Anna was going through, it wasn’t psychosis. And it’s really offensive to lie and exaggerate what it was after the event.

• Heart

Saffy123

Its like shes copying the cherrry healey & style me sunday playbook:
1. Massive ordeal parenting 2 kids oh wow how hard
2. Never work again but live in London & expect some sucker to support you
3. Realise youre lesbian / so into yourself youe husband cant tolerate you
4. Divorce, focussing 100% on you
5. Realise youve been ADHD/ PTSD/ anorexic/ a drama 👸 air head all along
6. Endlessly demand praise & validation for your lazy easy life ad finitim

• Haha
  • Heart

ophelia1990

VIP Member
I just don’t get how as a grown woman you can’t see that this is what EVERYONE does to seem “so amazing doing so well moving on loving life” and it never ends well. It’s a rebound. Pure and simple. She really shouldn’t have introduced him to the kids cos he isn’t going to be around in a while.

how embarrassing to think you’re the exception to the rule. That the man you met weeks after you split from your husband is the real love of your life. And to be SO insistent.

• Heart

Westcoasthippydreamgirl

If they sell a book when they are in the INFANCY of their seperation I am gonna scream.

Like scummy mummy Helen who wrote a 'happily divorced' book barely a year into her breakup...she now (actually on pukka's podcast) said she was so promiscuous afterwards it was dangerous. Sleeping with men literally minutes after meeting them, being hit and choked during sex etc. Fantastic single legacy there 🙄

• Wow