Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Basketweaver

She was around at a magical time on IG where pretty much any white, attractive, educated, middle class woman managed to launch a successful Instamum career. So many of them were in the right place at the right time and just took off.

It helped if you lived in an edgy urban area with a local graffiti wall that you could pose in front of, pushing a buggy.

She definitely has media connections too, she’s been working in the industry all her life.
This 100 percent this captures the insta mum zeitgeist of 2015 to circa late 18 (rip. ⚰.)..Jesus and we all were briefly beguiled in our "mama" sweaters that we paid extortionate amounts for before gaining sense

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
honestly though who the fuck is dawn o’porter too

(i do know who she is i just hate her)
Haha, same! She’s hardly an A lister is she? If she wasn’t married to Chris O Dowd we’d all be saying ‘who?’ about her as well.

And her books are shite too.

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Just like many of these social media “mamas” were the first to have ever been pregnant, ever to have maintained a career while parenting, now these showy dickheads are the first to ever have a non-acrimonious divorce. As so many people have said, let’s just wait until the holiday childcare arrangements and new partners show up, eh.
Now you put it like that, it’s so obvious that these Instamums will exploit any and every life stage if it brings them money and attention.

The trend for perimenopause content is already well underway, but it will explode when MP and her peers get their HRT prescriptions.

What next? Blogging about the trials of caring for elderly parents, posting #ad #gift alongside a photo of their mum with dementia who can’t even consent?

Sounds dystopian but I guarantee someone will do it.

• Sad

Plinkplonk

Chatty Member
Hang on hang on.....are you seriously telling me she's come out of a long marriage to only get engaged to the first guy who comes along after only knowing him for 6 months??! Why? Why would you do that?

• Haha
  • Heart

Dawnofftobed

She’s really showing us who she is now. Matt helped her keep a lid on her narcissism but now he’s gone and been replaced by this wet wipe, all bets are off. Looks like MOD was right - just a desperate attention seeking wannabe, not the feminist activist serious journo she tries to pass herself off with. She’s been clever in the past, I’ll give her that but she’s documenting her life on insta like a 17 year old girl.

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
This is wild. I’ve heard of the smug married before, but the smug divorced has got to be an instagram special recipe.

• Haha

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I never got the premise of that happy ending book. It just seemed like they were both so miserable.
Totally agree, but they were selling their fake happiness, now they are divorcing they need to sell that they are totally happy and have a great respect and understanding of each other, their divorce will be the most amicable ever!

They are in early days of being separated. If they split in the spring then they are about 6 months in? Wait till new partners are around, maybe with additional children, wait till they have to sell the house, wait till the childcare over school holidays needs split….yes people can divorce ‘well’ but the crap she is spinning is utter rubbish.

It’s the same bull shit that all influencers flog; look at this skin care it is amazing - when they have used it for three days, look at this soft jumper it’s amazing- when it hasn’t been washed yet, look at this great vitamin supplement it makes me feel amazing -after taking it for a week…..and so on and so on. Look at our successful friendly divorce it’s amazing- when they have only been separated a few months.

Come back to me in a few years and see how it really played out. There is a reason they have split, it isn’t because they are besties!

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
The problem with this flex working situation is that you get people turning up and they’re like yeah I’m a shop assistant and I just think it’s awful that my employer won’t let me work from home or bring my baby to work so I can breast feed. Makes a joke of the whole thing. Oh I’m a teacher and I want to work half days and job share. Eh that doesn’t work
This was the problem I had with flex appeal. It only worked if you had a job, like working in an office or some such. Shop workers, care workers, factory workers etc would never have a hope in hell in asking for flexible working hours (in the main). It was for people like Anna, who had 9-5 jobs and needed to come in 20 minutes late because the child minder had cancelled or the train was late and because they didn’t have to open the shop at bang on 9am. Some jobs (actually, a lot of jobs) can’t do flexible hours for their staff and it’s mostly for good reason. It sucks, but at the end of the day, they’re a business and/or their patients or pupils take priority.

Reactions: 23

Heyholetsgo

VIP Member
She'll be all about the single mother dating angle now I'm sure of it. The texts are very Gwyneth Paltrow and mega cringe. Most of my texts to my other half are "can you get bread" 😅

• Haha

SharkAttack

VIP Member
It is FASCINATING the way these insta mums are all getting divorced: doesmybumlook40, ultimategirlgang, Pascale Banks, MP and I'm sure there's another one I can't think of right now.

I really think it's so interesting. These women have been showing off about having it all - and monetising that - for YEARS. And now we see they don't/can't.

Who next? Clemmie Telford? Mother of Daughters?

• Wow

mrtumble

VIP Member
How can they possibly know how to have a successful divorce, let alone have the audacity to preach to other people in The Times about having a successful divorce. It's been a few months at most! Are they even divorced yet?

• Heart

rainbowhouse

VIP Member
I work 50 hours a week as one of these terrible childcare providers that she moans about, to make ends meet because CM pays £16. I’m an actual single parent with no physical or financial support, no one to share info with, and no one to send them to on alternate bloody week. So she can just fuck off with how hard her life is.

• Heart

RestingBunchFace

Those poor kids, what an absolute clusterfuck to grow up in - your mum telling everyone how much she hated raising you, plastering her break up from your dad all over the internet, sharing private stories about you on podcasts, going to great pains to tell anyone who will listen that your dad was just in the right place when her reproductive light switched on, while forcing you to play happy families with her new partner who is HER ACTUAL PERSON.

Matt always seemed like a decent, sensible bloke, if a little downtrodden - now we can see why. He must be absolutely raging by how public she is being with all their dirty laundry. I genuinely hope he is happy and that his new partner offers him all the love, support and respect he clearly wasn't getting from Anna the narcissist.

• Heart

hattie20

VIP Member
She looks like a long lost Baldwin brother.
---
Also, I’ve just looked at her grid for the first time in ages.

That post about being overwhelmed as a parent, where she says she needs a break as she never has any time … she has 50/50. She has every other week where the other parent takes over. Her mum had her first daughter most of the week when she was small.

What planet is that numbskull on, and why do her idiot followers not pull her up?

• Haha

pommobear

VIP Member
On a personal level I simply do *not* understand how people can jump into new relationships so soon after they split from their long term partners. My last break up from my previous long term boyfriend was a long time ago now but it took me a good year before I was ready to date, and we'd only been together 4 years and we didn't have kids. If I split with my husband after 11 years I honestly can't imagine what length of time I'd need to feel happy letting another bloke anywhere near me let alone my kids.