Mother in law experiences? Share them! šŸ¤£

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sons who donā€™t see the problem are still attached to the umbilical cord even as middle aged men .

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My mother in law tried to make me out to be a liar when I walked in on the father in law cheating with my husbands godmother šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Said I had made it upā€¦ two years later he comes out with it all and it turned out he actually had an 18 year old son with the godmother ā€¦. Full on ā€˜I told you soā€™ dance happened that day !

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm having medical treatment at the moment (for something quite serious); my MiL texted me to ask if there's any way I can drop her off to bridge on my way to hospital and be back in time to pick her up afterwards. She hasn't asked how I'm feeling or how the treatments are ... and it's crazy that she even thinks I'm well enough to drive myself back home afterwards! (I get a hospital shuttle there and back). Silly old biddy.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I'm having medical treatment at the moment (for something quite serious); my MiL texted me to ask if there's any way I can drop her off to bridge on my way to hospital and be back in time to pick her up afterwards. She hasn't asked how I'm feeling or how the treatments are ... and it's crazy that she even thinks I'm well enough to drive myself back home afterwards! (I get a hospital shuttle there and back). Silly old biddy.
Your husband seriously needs to have a word

Reactions: 15
Make sure sheā€™s the last to know when your baby is born, and that she finds out through someone else not you or your husband šŸ˜
When we brought our baby home from hospital, my brother in law came round cos he had been feeding the cat so he might the baby before the grandparents did. Occasionally I mention this.

Reactions: 2
Silly old biddy? I can think of far better words for her!! :(

Reactions: 5
You really couldnā€™t make this tit up šŸ¤£
Theyā€™ve all just gone out for the day. Iā€™m staying home because pregnant, spd so canā€™t walk for ages.
She came back in to say bye to the dog and the cat.
Completed ignored still.
Partner hasnā€™t said a word to her either. Weā€™ll not that Iā€™m aware of. I know he doesnā€™t want to say anything around the kiddies but I took myself off to be last night because I donā€™t want to be around the awful atmosphere she brings.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Theyā€™ve all just gone out for the day. Iā€™m staying home because pregnant, spd so canā€™t walk for ages.
Completed ignored still.
Partner hasnā€™t said a word to her either. Weā€™ll not that Iā€™m aware of. I know he doesnā€™t want to say anything around the kiddies but I took myself off to be last night because I donā€™t want to be around the awful atmosphere she brings.
Iā€™m so angry for you šŸ¤¬ I bet she came back to say bye to the dog and cat because sheā€™s trying to goad you, absolutely spiteful witch. Get her told, how dare she make you feel like that in your own home! Your husband and children are better off visiting her in her home and you stay at home. She is taking the absolute piss

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Completed ignored still.
I think @Spider12 is right, it was probably less about saying "bye" to the dog and more about trying to goad you. She sounds awful. She can't make you feel like that in your own home, it's not fair. Especially with you being pregnant you don't need the added stress! I think your partner needs to tell her to wind her neck in!

Reactions: 6
I think @Spider12 is right, it was probably less about saying "bye" to the dog and more about trying to goad you. She sounds awful. She can't make you feel like that in your own home, it's not fair. Especially with you being pregnant you don't need the added stress! I think your partner needs to tell her to wind her neck in!
Exactly! He can take the kids to see her at her place then she need never see you at all nor be obliged to "ignore you". What an old bag :(

Reactions: 4
Defo trying to goad. Just playing silly mind games

Reactions: 3
Sheā€™s a selfish witch
Your spot on! My husband pulled her up and asked her what the hell she was thinking, she apologised but did try to point out that she didnā€™t think it would be an issue šŸ¤¬

My husband only found out that she had sent the whatsap announcement to his sister when his phone started vibrating with replies from her.

I am done with mil, completely done!

Reactions: 5
My mother in law finally has hearing aids so hopefully the TV will stop regularly being on volume 40 and slowly turning me deaf. She wore them for a grand total of 10 minutes. She was moaning that everything is loud. Well no tit. Everything is loud because she's been deaf for the last 10 years šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜­

I was being ushered to go start cooking dinner despite yesterday being my "night off" and my husband was going to cook when he got home. I can't win lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Make sure sheā€™s the last to know when your baby is born, and that she finds out through someone else not you or your husband šŸ˜
I was thinking this last night!

My husband also trusted her with information regarding our IVF, she knew we were on the waiting list almost two years ago. Once she found out about the baby she made out she knew nothing at all about IVF.

I hate that she knows something so private.

My husband can bring the baby to visit his mother at her house as she has not been welcome in our home for years. This will not be changing when the baby is born.

MIL hasnā€™t worked out yet that the baby will be taking on my surname šŸ˜. I never changed my surname and I refuse to give this baby a family name that never made me feel a part of their family. Canā€™t wait for her to go up like a rocket when she hears this šŸ¤Ŗ

She. Can. Do. One

I know that my husband has my back 100%, supports me and is completely happy with the baby having my surname.

Why the hell are mother in laws like this?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m so angry for you šŸ¤¬ I bet she came back to say bye to the dog and cat because sheā€™s trying to goad you, absolutely spiteful witch. Get her told, how dare she make you feel like that in your own home! Your husband and children are better off visiting her in her home and you stay at home. She is taking the absolute piss
Oh trust me. She knows EXACTLY what sheā€™s doing. Iā€™m trying to not say anything due to needing to stay calm as My pregnancy is high risk and I ended up admitted to hospital last week due to my blood pressure. But I can feel myself erupting by the end of the week. She lives over 250 miles away though and my partner doesnā€™t want to leave me to visit her whilst Iā€™m pregnant incase something happens. So weā€™re stuck with her hereā€¦ babyā€™s due before Christmas and she usually comes down for Christmas. Iā€™m putting my foot down and not allowing that visit. We had 4 losses before this baby. Sheā€™s not ruining our bonding time with our newborn. Sheā€™s not ruining any of it. This is our baby not hers and for how sheā€™s treating me during the pregnancy she can get fucked to put it frankly.
I just find it crazy how we got along fine before I was pregnant. Now itā€™s like I donā€™t exist but you can bet sheā€™ll be up our arses when baby is born.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Completed ignored still.
Why is she ignoring you? I might have missed a post where you originally explained the situation between you two? Iā€™d straight up have to ask my husband if she could leave, itā€™s awful that you feel like this in your own home - my blood would be boiling x

Reactions: 3
Completed ignored still.
Thats so mean! Why is she ignoring you? Spd is painful and miserable enough without being treated like tit xx

Reactions: 1
Why is she ignoring you? I might have missed a post where you originally explained the situation between you two? Iā€™d straight up have to ask my husband if she could leave, itā€™s awful that you feel like this in your own home - my blood would be boiling x
She came down to visit a few weeks ago. Knew weā€™d been looking at cots at a store the day before. We chose one, but decided to show me one she wants to buy. But because I didnā€™t want her to get one on finance that was like Ā£400 (she owes my partner money, is in severe debt as it is anyway and on debt plans) and was bright pink and Massive so not our style. Iā€™ve dreamed about this babies things for years, we tried so long for this baby. I simply said we went to look at cots, chose on yesterday and we pick it up in a few weeks after weā€™ve decorated babies bedroom properly. She simply say ā€œI wasnā€™t going to buy one anywayā€ really snootily and never spoke to me again the rest of the weekend pretty much.
A week later my partner gets a text saying Iā€™m ungrateful and slagging me off loads. Think she thought he wouldnā€™t tell me but he read the message out as soon as he got it. Then his brother sent a message a few days after that how Iā€™m affecting her mental health and all this tit when Iā€™d not even spoken to her or done anything since sheā€™s like 250 miles away šŸ¤£ sheā€™s took the complete funnyā€™s with me over it and I just donā€™t understand. My partner says just ignore her she gets funny all the time but itā€™s just completely bizzare imo.

• Wow
  • Heart
She came down to visit a few weeks ago. Knew weā€™d been looking at cots at a store the day before. We chose one, but decided to show me one she wants to buy. But because I didnā€™t want her to get one on finance that was like Ā£400 (she owes my partner money, is in severe debt as it is anyway and on debt plans) and was bright pink and Massive so not our style. Iā€™ve dreamed about this babies things for years, we tried so long for this baby. I simply said we went to look at cots, chose on yesterday and we pick it up in a few weeks after weā€™ve decorated babies bedroom properly. She simply say ā€œI wasnā€™t going to buy one anywayā€ really snootily and never spoke to me again the rest of the weekend pretty much.
A week later my partner gets a text saying Iā€™m ungrateful and slagging me off loads. Think she thought he wouldnā€™t tell me but he read the message out as soon as he got it. Then his brother sent a message a few days after that how Iā€™m affecting her mental health and all this tit when Iā€™d not even spoken to her or done anything since sheā€™s like 250 miles away šŸ¤£ sheā€™s took the complete funnyā€™s with me over it and I just donā€™t understand. My partner says just ignore her she gets funny all the time but itā€™s just completely bizzare imo.
She sounds mentally unwell! Manipulative witch though trying to get the brother in law involved. You are right to stay calm to protect yourself and the baby. In fact, I would start to be exactly the same with her, completely ignore her, go out of your way to not talk to her whilst being overly happy and chatty with everyone else and see how she likes it. Sheā€™s in your domain with your family, put her back in her place without saying a word, literally šŸ˜‚ then let that be her last visit before she sorts her ugly personality out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.