MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watch the 100 years of Disney vlog? I liked it a lot.
I watched it late last night - half asleep. Overall it was good.

What I liked:
  • The time on the Fun Wheel - thoroughly enjoyed everyone freaking out, made even better as we already knew Molly had a phobia of the ride, but who knew the others would be just as bad?
  • Alan doing well on Spiderman with that new addition to his wristband. I think they should have reviewed this more for viewers with colorblind members of their families to understand how it worked.
  • Casey Jr had potential to be very funny, but they had children in that car with them that prevented more content.
  • Max & Alan singing like snow white at the wishing well... wow, Alan hit those high notes well.
  • The way Max's eyes lit up every time they talk about character interaction. You can tell he really enjoyed many aspects of his old job as a trainer.
  • Alan's smirk as they described him as someone with intimate knowledge into the Beauty & the Beast/Gaston's world.

What bothered me:
  • While not a competition it still felt like they were forcing rides into content. I prefer brief history lessons over the "let's ride Mr. Toad for the hundredth time".
  • Too many replays of what they did before. I think I would have preferred if the took a stroll around the park over some of the rides they chose to spend time with.

I've never been to Disneyland and have found that vloggers never really give a good sense to how the parks are laid out. We get scenes, but not how they get there or the environment along the way. Livestreamers obviously are better for this, but the only livestreamer I like from DL rarely goes live.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
We can thank the Molly superfans who had to know everything about her wardrobe, what she does, etc so they can copy for that.
Not sure if we should blame the vloggers who adapt to this behavior because they see potential profits as well as a certain popularity in advertising or the superfans themselves who need a good slap to wake them up.

Number-wise MC channel is a mid-tier influencer (over 100K followers), but it does not have the followers there looking for lifestyle or beauty info which is what Molly leans toward every so often and where it gets very cringy. MC belongs to the travel category. I'd argue that they could easily move over to being part of the pet influencer group too as they have two dogs and a cat, but seems to me they don't do much with their pets and I'd hate to see them exploited.

Personally, I hate marketing with a passion. Ads of any kind are a nauseating turnoff. Disguise them as travel tips and I'm a bit better with them.

.. then again most people will put up with marketing and don't even question it. I think tattlers are a little different in that by nature we question everything.
Which I don’t necessarily understand. Somebody who wears feminine clothing can correct me if I am wrong, but her wardrobe seems so basic and nondescript. Plus I understand most of it is from Amazon?

I watched it late last night - half asleep. Overall it was good.

What I liked:
  • The time on the Fun Wheel - thoroughly enjoyed everyone freaking out, made even better as we already knew Molly had a phobia of the ride, but who knew the others would be just as bad?
  • Alan doing well on Spiderman with that new addition to his wristband. I think they should have reviewed this more for viewers with colorblind members of their families to understand how it worked.
  • Casey Jr had potential to be very funny, but they had children in that car with them that prevented more content.
  • Max & Alan singing like snow white at the wishing well... wow, Alan hit those high notes well.
  • The way Max's eyes lit up every time they talk about character interaction. You can tell he really enjoyed many aspects of his old job as a trainer.
  • Alan's smirk as they described him as someone with intimate knowledge into the Beauty & the Beast/Gaston's world.

What bothered me:
  • While not a competition it still felt like they were forcing rides into content. I prefer brief history lessons over the "let's ride Mr. Toad for the hundredth time".
  • Too many replays of what they did before. I think I would have preferred if the took a stroll around the park over some of the rides they chose to spend time with.

I've never been to Disneyland and have found that vloggers never really give a good sense to how the parks are laid out. We get scenes, but not how they get there or the environment along the way. Livestreamers obviously are better for this, but the only livestreamer I like from DL rarely goes live.
I enjoyed this video as well. The first one in a while I have felt positive about.

I prefer Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom. It is smaller so it seems more thought out and cute, and I didn’t feel rushed to cram as much in as possible.

That swinging cars on that Ferris wheel are as horrible as she claims. I have been on all the big roller coasters at Universal multiple times with no issues, but I seriously considered being asked to be let off of that ride. I thought I was going to die.

Reactions: 3
Idg the love for Molly's style either. People think she's a "genius" for coming up with the idea of wearing a skirt over bike shorts to the parks.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Idg the love for Molly's style either. People think she's a "genius" for coming up with the idea of wearing a skirt over bike shorts to the parks.
I've been doing shorts under a dress or skirt during the summer for ages, even before the internet told me to.

But that being said, I'd rather spend my time watching content from someone who is more real & isn't afraid to say their thighs chafe. I'm with her in solidarity!

Reactions: 8
Molly is on a cruise. Caption on instagram was finally….

what a hard life finally going on the wish.

I tried to watch Molly’s secrets of DCA video. I haven’t watched one of her solo videos in a while, but I found her whole tour-guide routine to be kind of rushed, like she was just trying to get through content and check things off a list. It was kind of like a dry lecture. I could care less about anything Marvel, so I got bored in Avengers campus and abandoned it. I used to love her deep dives into the parks, and her on-camera personality used to sparkle but it just doesn’t work for me anymore. She seemed kind of tired and her voice crackling.

It's all phoned in now. She has all the same Google knowledge everyone else does, and probably still has every AllEarsNet research/information document, and so these "Frontier land secrets!" and "Tips for the best day ever!" videos are just incredibly hack and shallow, and literally requires no special effort on her part. It's a bleeping joke the amount of money she's getting for doing absolutely nothing. It's unreal.

How long until the stans figure this tit out?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It's all phoned in now. She has all the same Google knowledge everyone else does, and probably still has every AllEarsNet research/information document, and so these "Frontier land secrets!" and "Tips for the best day ever!" videos are just incredibly hack and shallow, and literally requires no special effort on her part. It's a bleeping joke the amount of money she's getting for doing absolutely nothing. It's unreal.

Could be a while, look at the Trackers. They seem to still not have to do much.

Reactions: 4
The Trackers have the dumbest of the dumbest stans who give them superchats during their live shows which are filled with nothing.

The Trackers have the dumbest of the dumbest stans who give them superchats during their live shows which are filled with nothing.
Tim and Jenn have created a cult of followers who think they are friends/family with the trackers. For the most part it seems they're a combo of very young, very old, and very lonely folk. None of them are able (or want) to see through the obvious lies being told. None of them realize that Tim's self-proclaimed job is as a travel channel host and yet he consistently fails on providing any useful travel information over and over again.

It's scary and never should have gotten to this. We saw one ill stan make graphically violent threats against Jackson when he was born as they felt Jackson stole Tim and Jenn from him/her.

It was interesting that those threats to Jackson never changed their behavior, and yet the imagined stan who supposedly showed up at their door one day gave them reason to move.

Idiots support idiots.

Is Molly an idiot? No, I believe her fans for the most part have reasonable expectations - however - she needs to be VERY careful not to listen to the obsessed fans, they will kill her channel.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Since going back to watching AllEars (I loved seeing Emma and Quincy in Disneyland) it makes me think that the only other vloggers Molly is watching is AllEars, so she only has them to compare herself too. She gets better views than them with the same content and less effort. It shows how little she cares about the channel; you’d think she’d be trying to reach beyond.

Reactions: 5
Tim and Jenn have created a cult of followers who think they are friends/family with the trackers. For the most part it seems they're a combo of very young, very old, and very lonely folk. None of them are able (or want) to see through the obvious lies being told. None of them realize that Tim's self-proclaimed job is as a travel channel host and yet he consistently fails on providing any useful travel information over and over again.

It's scary and never should have gotten to this. We saw one ill stan make graphically violent threats against Jackson when he was born as they felt Jackson stole Tim and Jenn from him/her.

It was interesting that those threats to Jackson never changed their behavior, and yet the imagined stan who supposedly showed up at their door one day gave them reason to move.

Idiots support idiots.

Is Molly an idiot? No, I believe her fans for the most part have reasonable expectations - however - she needs to be VERY careful not to listen to the obsessed fans, they will kill her channel.
The Discord Vortex of standom no matter the channel and topic always seems to be a terrible wade into the waters of minutiae.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.