Molly Thompson (Beautyspectrum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why does she think shes the only person to have ever travelled... its so cringe
😂 she’s not even “travelled” that much. She’s been on quite a few holidays but to me, that’s totally different.

I have always been surprised why she doesn't grow her channel with Tom? He's a graphic designer and probably is quite good at editing and that side of it. They could travel and be similarish to fly the nest or just something. I find their relationship like they're still in high school. She has a very seperate life to him in the sense that, she enjoys to see him occasionally in the week, but expects him to be there when she's available.
I’ve always thought this. They’re not developing their relationship as they grow up, they’re still living like they’re at school seeing each other here and there. It’s a bit sad and when they breakup in a few years they’ll both probably regret spending their teens together

Reactions: 6
I don't think there's anything wrong with her travelling without Tom occasionally, especially since I think he works full time and wouldn't have been able to get all the time needed for Australia off etc. But yeah, it does still feel like a sixth form relationship where they're having each other round for tea rather than an adult relationship with a view to start a life together.

Reactions: 7
I don't think there's anything wrong with her travelling without Tom occasionally, especially since I think he works full time and wouldn't have been able to get all the time needed for Australia off etc. But yeah, it does still feel like a sixth form relationship where they're having each other round for tea rather than an adult relationship with a view to start a life together.
Yeah I do agree, I think a girls holidays here and there is great but for a trip like Australia or even bigger future trips, I don't know why you wouldn't want to experience together. Save for a whole year, Tom leave his job and just go travel and build the channel. Maybe he wanted to stay working and didn't want to go, but then it would make me question do they want the same thing as their relationship is no different from a 16 year olds and when you've got the freedom of no commitments and the money they have together, they should make the most of it.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I do agree, I think a girls holidays here and there is great but for a trip like Australia or even bigger future trips, I don't know why you wouldn't want to experience together. Save for a whole year, Tom leave his job and just go travel and build the channel. Maybe he wanted to stay working and didn't want to go, but then it would make me question do they want the same thing as their relationship is no different from a 16 year olds and when you've got the freedom of no commitments and the money they have together, they should make the most of it.
Idk, I don't think it's wrong as a young person to want to get some experiences without your partner. A lot of people solo travel when their partner can't travel so I really don't think it's a big deal.

Reactions: 8
Idk, I don't think it's wrong as a young person to want to get some experiences without your partner. A lot of people solo travel when their partner can't travel so I really don't think it's a big deal.
I just think if you love someone, you will always want to experience these things together. Yes, you are your own person, but you're in a relationship and partnership. That's how I've always seen relationships. It's completely each to their own but I can't understand why you'd do it without them when you can do it with them.

Reactions: 2
Tbh I don’t think it’s weird that she went to Australia alone it’s more common than we think especially as he likely wouldn’t be able to get the amount of time off work. I think it’s weird she rarely talks about future plans with Tom

Reactions: 4
What was the actual point of todays video? The title made it sound like she would spend each day doing activities. Not dressing up and taking it off within 5 minutes. What a joke.

She could have made FIVE videos out of the idea - each day she lived a day doing what she would have done.

Bam. 5 days of content there.

Shes so lazy

There is she is again spoiling a playsuit with a weird bralet and a gingham scrunchie at the top of her head.

What was the actual point of todays video? The title made it sound like she would spend each day doing activities. Not dressing up and taking it off within 5 minutes. What a joke.

She could have made FIVE videos out of the idea - each day she lived a day doing what she would have done.

Bam. 5 days of content there.

Shes so lazy
totally agree. Or she could’ve just done it all in one day and got rid of the clickbait

I think molly’s been reading here and that’s why she’s posting so much on Instagram with Tom for their little trip to bath😂

Last edited:
I didn't really have much of an issue with Molly until her Australia "travels". It may be a silly thing to nitpick but nothing bugs me more than someone going on a glorified holiday and acting as though they've spent 6 months travelling the entire world. I grew up in a small town in Southern Queensland, moving to England when I was 16, and her vlogs in all honesty made me cringe. I understand the use of guided group tours as planning can be overwhelming but to physically reach out to a company and ask for a tour for no charge purely because of your following is just straight up rude to me, especially as her engagement really is not there with her followers. To me having no laid out plans are the best plans, travelling is all about spontaneity and going out of your comfort zone, she didn't do any of that.

I hadn't travelled much of Aus when I was a kid so saved up for three years and travelled during my gap year. I spent 6 months going absolutely everywhere. She went to all of the most touristy cities in the country and then says she's travelled Aus. You wouldn't go to the 5 most touristy cities in the US and say you'd travelled the entire country. Visit the cities but also go to places like Coober Pedy where you're completely out of your comfort zone and experiencing something that not many Australians even have themselves. Don't get me started on that tattoo. Also, if you're getting bored in Singapore then you clearly haven't done your research.

Another thing with Molly is that she tends to look at situations with a complete disregard for her blatant privilege. There's nothing wrong with having it as long as you recognise it and recognise how fortunate you are. Twitter is the place she really bugs me. She has constantly liked things about I can't believe people can't drive and stuff like that. Driving lessons are expensive, owning a car is expensive. Yes, you pay for everything yourself, but that doesn't mean you can disregard the fact that a lot of people work and earn money, yet still can't afford it. You had a head start from your parents. I personally have severe ADHD. There is no disorder that interferes with driving as much as ADHD does. I failed my driving test three times before realising it was probably too dangerous for me to carry on. Would you like to me get my license and cause a road traffic incident just to comply with your narrative of ignorant and blatant privilege, Molly?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Yeah she's definitely ignorant of her privilege. I think she imagines she has an 'average' life, but she clearly grew up with a fair bit more money than most of us and even now is making a lot more than almost everyone her age-I just finished a degree and I wouldn't be making anything near what she is for a while.

Reactions: 9
First time poster! It really bugs me how she travels, goes to all these different cities and CHOOSES to eat at chain restaurants all the time ??? so BLAND

Reactions: 13
First time poster! It really bugs me how she travels, goes to all these different cities and CHOOSES to eat at chain restaurants all the time ??? so BLAND
YES omg it's literally only ever Ask Italian or something

The whole wearing a bralette under every single item of clothing is so annoying now. Does not look good or cute in the slightest, just makes a nice outfit look trashy. Looks like she's purposely trying to show her bra straps off like a 13 year old

• Haha
Reactions: 9
YES omg it's literally only ever Ask Italian or something

The whole wearing a bralette under every single item of clothing is so annoying now. Does not look good or cute in the slightest, just makes a nice outfit look trashy. Looks like she's purposely trying to show her bra straps off like a 13 year old
Them bralettes aren’t even fashionable anymore. We used to wear them under jumpers when I was 14 to make them more ‘atheistic’ not proper outfits

Reactions: 6
It just looks bad. And if she wants to stick with Gilly Hicks bralettes then cool, but they make them in other styles that would be much more discrete under her clothes.

It bothers me that in every vlog/instagram story with Tom she seems to be showing him off, like we get it, you have a boyfriend.
But then also in her vlogs she’s seemed very vague and been like ‘oh I don’t know if I want to get married or move in with Tom’ like jeeeez make up your mind 😂

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.