Molly McAwesome #3 Mammoth Club Countdown to Extinction

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m confused too because that Max guy was taking about some sort of sabbatical on his IG recently and I have no context of it. He doesn’t seem to do much with them despite moving to Florida.
I commented something about this on one of their recent videos...I was basically asking in less specific terms, why Max isn't around for things like VIP tours that cost thousands of dollars, and hotel stays, when he moved locally. Even further, why are they planning those high price experiences on the days where the third person in the trio can't even be there. They replied something about how his full time job holds him back, but I have to imagine that unless the theories are true and he's getting a bigger cut of the cash as an initial investor, he would want to participate in those experiences as well....

Reactions: 3
I doubt Max is an equal partner. I'd guess his share is maybe 10% or 20% of the company tops.
Dunno. I could see him as the only one with a significant bankroll when they started the whole thing. I mean, Molly was working for AJ and DFB, notoriously cheap slave drivers, and Alan was Gaston in Magic Kingdom. If memory serves me, Max only did DFB part-time, and had a regular full-time job. He may very well have been the only one with some significant $ saved. His money, their on-screen "talent". He also apparently had enough in the tank to relocate to FL and keep his full-time employment.

Reactions: 2
Dunno. I could see him as the only one with a significant bankroll when they started the whole thing. I mean, Molly was working for AJ and DFB, notoriously cheap slave drivers, and Alan was Gaston in Magic Kingdom. If memory serves me, Max only did DFB part-time, and had a regular full-time job. He may very well have been the only one with some significant $ saved. His money, their on-screen "talent". He also apparently had enough in the tank to relocate to FL and keep his full-time employment.
Alan had a "regular full-time job" prior to joining MC full-time. It was my impression that he was Gaston several years ago.

Reactions: 6
Maybe I've just watched too much Shark Tank. Bankrolling them for a bit and hosting some trivia live streams doesn't scream equal partner to me. My understanding is they still contract out the editing so he isn't doing that either. And to be clear equal for this would be 1/3 of the company for each person. Looks like Alan filed all the LLC paperwork and Alan is his middle name. Interesting.

What bankroll did they need? They used phones and no mics until well after $30k/month was rolling in.

• Haha
What bankroll did they need? They used phones and no mics until well after $30k/month was rolling in.
The bankroll that you need to pay bills when you quit one job and income from the next job is weeks or months away. The $30k didn’t roll in on day one.

Max works for blizzard games I believe or some video game company and Alan was like a corporate trainer or similar.

Reactions: 4
The bankroll that you need to pay bills when you quit one job and income from the next job is weeks or months away. The $30k didn’t roll in on day one.
They started patreon at the same time and Alan was still working if I remember correctly. It wasn’t very long until they were pulling in serious money. Maybe a couple of weeks. Hell, it may have been before they made a video.

Reactions: 1
I commented something about this on one of their recent videos...I was basically asking in less specific terms, why Max isn't around for things like VIP tours that cost thousands of dollars, and hotel stays, when he moved locally. Even further, why are they planning those high price experiences on the days where the third person in the trio can't even be there. They replied something about how his full time job holds him back, but I have to imagine that unless the theories are true and he's getting a bigger cut of the cash as an initial investor, he would want to participate in those experiences as well....
I think Max prefers doing the Lives on Twitch where he can be king of his own fiefdom.

My recollection from when I used to watch is that Molly and Alan overshadow him in the trio videos. He just seemed like an awkward third wheel.

They started patreon at the same time and Alan was still working if I remember correctly. It wasn’t very long until they were pulling in serious money. Maybe a couple of weeks. Hell, it may have been before they made a video.
I don't disagree. My point was that no one is going to start a new business with zero cash on hand, anticipating immediate income. I'm sure they planned to start their Patreon immediately, and likely already had several videos "in the bag" before they left their former jobs, but you can't just assume that the money will be immediate. Patreon takes time to build subscribers and not everyone is buying into your top tier before you've even uploaded any content and YouTube money doesn't roll in immediately either. In hindsight, you can say they might not have ultimately needed any seed money, but i doubt they assumed they wouldn't need any, regardless of who funded it.

I don't disagree. My point was that no one is going to start a new business with zero cash on hand, anticipating immediate income. I'm sure they planned to start their Patreon immediately, and likely already had several videos "in the bag" before they left their former jobs, but you can't just assume that the money will be immediate. Patreon takes time to build subscribers and not everyone is buying into your top tier before you've even uploaded any content and YouTube money doesn't roll in immediately either. In hindsight, you can say they might not have ultimately needed any seed money, but i doubt they assumed they wouldn't need any, regardless of who funded it.
There was a whole interview, video, I can’t remember which where they talked about how MC got started. Max & Alan put up the initial money and they were all surprised how quickly they started making money.
My guess is Max does more behind the scenes work handling bookings, logistics, securing sponsorships, etc.

Alan was still working his day job for quite awhile when they started.

As I recall though, they didn't specify what that was. My only guess could be legal entity setup costs, maybe some merchandise if they had that at launch.
There was a whole interview, video, I can’t remember which where they talked about how MC got started. Max & Alan put up the initial money and they were all surprised how quickly they started making money.
My guess is Max does more behind the scenes work handling bookings, logistics, securing sponsorships, etc.

Alan was still working his day job for quite awhile when they started.
If he was still working then really they weren’t destitute and aside from legal docs setting up the entity and maybe a couple of annual passes when they came due and possibly a fifth grader who came up with their logo. Not sure what cost there was.
And with that, sounds more like Max and Alan were betting on her than she was.

They all can be equally investors and Max don't need to do anything but put the initial money.

The company just need to set up compensation base on the work they do. Then they split the net income after those compensations are paid.

AJ owns Disney Food Blog. She bought All Ears when Deb Wills who started it was retiring. She basically pays people next to nothing and has them work like idiots. AJ lives in Texas. The folks who work for her film all the DFB stuff and she does that insipid voice over so that people think it's her doing all that stuff and she's experienced it.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
watching that interview with Quincy showed just how hard they work for so little, definitely not valued by AJ. Definitely don’t blame Molly for getting away from that.

Reactions: 10