Molly-Mae Hague #7 Coke and lettuce because I’m healthy, I’ve no banter but I’m wealthy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if these companies like Hotel Chocolat and Charlotte Tilbury consider the sales they lose by gifting influencers and those with more than the means to purchase their product. If I was considering buying the Velvetiser I would be seriously put off by them gifting a rich girl one for free, which will be no doubt shoved in the cupboard and forgot about after a couple of stories.

I feel like market researchers for these companies don't do their job very well because neither I nor anyone I know is "influenced" by Instagram. Multiply that by thousands and surely they can see the lost revenue.

Reactions: 30
I wonder if these companies like Hotel Chocolat and Charlotte Tilbury consider the sales they lose by gifting influencers and those with more than the means to purchase their product. If I was considering buying the Velvetiser I would be seriously put off by them gifting a rich girl one for free, which will be no doubt shoved in the cupboard and forgot about after a couple of stories.

I feel like market researchers for these companies don't do their job very well because neither I nor anyone I know is "influenced" by Instagram. Multiply that by thousands and surely they can see the lost revenue.
I’ve heard the Asda dupe of the velvetiser are much better anyway! 🤣

Reactions: 10

Gifting influencers as a sale strategy works - it wouldn't be such a widespread tactic if it wasn't profitable. Some companies will even pay influencers tens of thousands of pounds just to feature a product in an Instagram story... if £10k+ for a single post is considered a justifiable cost to get influencers to advertise a product, that's an indication of just how much money can be made from influencer marketing. And if we're talking about just gifting products, there's a huge incentive for companies to gift products - it's basically free advertising if the influencer shares it on their story. Let's say Hotel Chocolat send out 50 Velvetisers to influencers, with each Velvetiser worth about £20 max (the £100 retail price is a huge markup), then they've only had to spend ~£1000 on that advertising which is a pittance. They only need to incentivise 10+ people to buy the product from watching an influencer's story to start making a profit, which they are guaranteed to do if they've sent them to fifty influencers with tens of millions of followers between them. There's huge profit to be made.

I get you, because I'm also turned off by gifted products, but depressingly the proportion of people who get turned off by companies who gift products is far, far smaller than the proportion of people who get influenced to buy it. e.g. think about how many times a product goes out of stock just because an influencer shows themselves wearing it or using it. If there was significant lost revenue from gifting to influencers these large companies would've figured it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

I completely agree. I am definitely not someone who buys products just because an influencer was gifted them. Especially as it’s so obvious that they don’t use them and they were paid to do it. But unfortunately people are bloody stupid and since being on the other side of influencer marketing, I am surprised every time by the amount of sales we get because we picked the “right” influencer.

but yes @fwooper couldn’t say it better myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

the thing is, there's no way to measure how many people don't buy a product because an influencer posts it, you can only track if there's an increase after the exposure. its just marketing tbh, and it works and makes sense. you get the word out about your product one way or another, it used to be in magazines and billboards, now it with influencers which is a better strategy because it can go worldwide in seconds. it just makes sense and its the reason they won't stop

Reactions: 7
Omg I’ve had a Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser for months and never been cringey enough to post it on my stories

Reactions: 9
I was going to treat myself to CT make-up and will have to save up or get a bank loan 🤣 Comes over to £100 what I would like to buy (flawless filter, bronzer, blusher, eyeliner, pillow talk eyeshadow pallete). She could buy it 10x over! I might sound jealous but it’s bloody annoying!

Reactions: 13
Not me only just realising I hadn’t clicked watch on the new thread!!! WHY AM I SO RANDOM! I have 6 pages to catch up on, love that for me 😘✌🏻

I feel sick at her latest tik tok...so cringe
She gets so turned on by EllieBelly, I’m quite concerned about it and I have been for a while tbh 😳🐘

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Tommy carrying the cross on Good Friday in his story. Since when is he a practicing catholic? Didn’t he get a ride on the Telly ?
Or maybe he’s trying to pretend he is super strong carrying it?!

• Heart
Re Molly’s tik tok I just heard the lyrics to the song now 😱😱 She’s trying too hard to show chemistry. There’s none.

Not me only just realising I hadn’t clicked watch on the new thread!!! WHY AM I SO RANDOM! I have 6 pages to catch up on, love that for me 😘✌🏻
Just remember we all have the same 24 hours in a day, so just manifest it and then you have no excuse xoxo

Side note Molly does not suit tik tok at all it’s a bit try hard IMO and she’s only doing it because it’s popular. She cba to take good insta photos so she’s obviously not going to bother with making an effort with videos

Just realised in that tik tok they should be wearing a mask?? You need to wear a mask in taxis it’s been the law for ages now...

Reactions: 11
Is Tommy REALLL? His eyes look robotic. Has she coded him to say “I love Molly” only and nothing else? If he doesn’t say much no wonder she thinks he’s the perfect boyfriend

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.