Molly-Mae Hague #46 “ShE's HaD a BaBy AnD hEr FiGuRe HaS cHaNgEd” - Her followers are completely deranged

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why wouldn’t you want grandchildren?? You get to spoil them and play with them and love them but have no responsibility to raise them. Pretty odd.

(Obvs not everyone wants kids in the first place and that’s cool, but it’s a bit late for Molly’s mum to back out of being a mother)
I am childfree but from the outside to me it seems like having grandchildren is worse than having children so I do see where she’s coming from. Also lots of women I know who are at a grandmother stage are saying they hope their children don’t have children based on the experience of their friends who are grandmothers. However I really don’t think it’s something that should be said to your children and I definitely don’t think it’s something that should be said publicly, it’s more of a conversation to have with your friends or anonymously online!

I am childfree but from the outside to me it seems like having grandchildren is worse than having children so I do see where she’s coming from. Also lots of women I know who are at a grandmother stage are saying they hope their children don’t have children based on the experience of their friends who are grandmothers. However I really don’t think it’s something that should be said to your children and I definitely don’t think it’s something that should be said publicly, it’s more of a conversation to have with your friends or anonymously online!
I can honestly say out of all the little elderly ladies ive worked with and the middle aged ones too, none of them have ever said they didn't want grandkids. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I can honestly say out of all the little elderly ladies ive worked with and the middle aged ones too, none of them have ever said they didn't want grandkids. :ROFLMAO:
I hear it all the time, in real life and on social media/forums. Of course lots do want grandchildren but it’s not entirely uncommon to not want them and I think obviously mollys mum is one of those. Like I say though, I think it’s awful she actually said it publicly and so molly (and Bambi when she’s older) are aware of it, it’s not nice that it means molly/molly and Bambi could feel rejected by that and I would imagine it’s very hurtful. Although maybe molly is just used to her mums ‘ways’.

Said it before and I'll say it again, telling literally anyone you hope/prefer they don’t have children is bleeping WEIRD. I cannot imagine feeling the need to make someone else’s choice about me to the extent of posting it on instagram in the caption of me holding the literal child I've just said I wasn't bothered about existing or not. Maybe I'm dramatic but something would die between me and my mum if she said that publicly whilst holding my kid

Reactions: 34
I have to disagree on it being weird but it is a bit ridiculous. I think that becoming a grandparent probably means that you have to come face to face with getting older and facing your own mortality. Unfortunately, in today’s society being a grandma is associated with getting older and that seen as a bad thing. The only way I can think my parents wouldn’t want grandchildren is it means they’re officially “old” in the eyes of society.

Reactions: 2
Said it before and I'll say it again, telling literally anyone you hope/prefer they don’t have children is bleeping WEIRD. I cannot imagine feeling the need to make someone else’s choice about me to the extent of posting it on instagram in the caption of me holding the literal child I've just said I wasn't bothered about existing or not. Maybe I'm dramatic but something would die between me and my mum if she said that publicly whilst holding my kid
I don’t think that’s dramatic, I think most people would feel the same way! It’s something that shouldn’t be said where your child or grandchild could ever become aware of it.

Reactions: 3
It’s especially weird to say you didn’t want grandchildren when you already have one though, especially so publicly. Bambi will grow up to see that.

Reactions: 27
I have to disagree on it being weird but it is a bit ridiculous. I think that becoming a grandparent probably means that you have to come face to face with getting older and facing your own mortality. Unfortunately, in today’s society being a grandma is associated with getting older and that seen as a bad thing. The only way I can think my parents wouldn’t want grandchildren is it means they’re officially “old” in the eyes of society.
I do get that but feels like a v self-absorbed way of looking at something that really isn't about you - centering yourself in the decision of someone else to have children gives weird narcissism. I wouldn't ever expect anyone in my family to comment about my decision to have or not have kids because it realistically has nothing to do with them. Time goes fast as a parent and I do understand wishing time would slow down a bit when your kids are going through grown up stuff. But getting older is a privilege and watching the ones you love loving others should be a joy, you have to be pretty miserable to not just feel happy for your kids doing what they want because it makes *you* feel old. Anyway dunno why I feel strongly about this haha rant over

Reactions: 13
My parents have always said they don’t mind either way. A sort of “do what you like as long as you’re happy”

Weird to say it when the baby is already here though

Reactions: 15
Probably because it’s one of those things that isn’t socially acceptable to say out loud. A bit like saying you wished you hadn’t had children when you’ve already got them (which is probably what MM thinks) 😂 Just because people don’t say these things, don’t ever think it means they don’t think them.

I once worked with a woman who had 3 children and 5 grandchildren. One day she confided that she didn’t particularly like one of the grandchildren but said she’d never say which one it was and that the grandchild in question would never be able to tell it was them from the way she treated them. Just goes to show, people think all sorts of things in private.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The most amount of emotion I’ve ever seen of Bambi in her latest story

Reactions: 3
The most amount of emotion I’ve ever seen of Bambi in her latest story
i'm glad to see her acting like that, she seems to be getting more personality now. i know social media can be deceiving but does seem like molly spends more time with her since the maldives trip. she definitely only had her to be a mini molly and then was shocked when she was the most expressionless baby for a year and she had to do things for her. molly just wants any easy life and cute things to post for stories which bambi is giving her now

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.