Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was BA cabin crew many, many years ago and regularly worked the London- New York route, where I met most of the supermodels of the 90s. Naomi Campbell could be a hard work, but other times she could be charm itself. She was stunning in the flesh, though. Kate Moss was lovely and polite (and tiny!) Linda Evangelista was nice enough. Oh and Jerry Hall was an absolute sweetheart. I wish I had some tea to spill, but they were all OK.

Reactions: 21
What do people think of Barbara Palvin? I love her, she has a really gorgeous face and I love that she isn't too skinny. I have no hate for thin girls, but it gets a little tiring that the fashion industry only promotes very tall very thin girls with zero curves. It is boring.

Reactions: 8
I’ve just had to unfollow Doutzen Kroes on insta after she posted some weird antivax nonsense :rolleyes:

Reactions: 13
I saw that too about Doutzen. I'm not that surprised, as she is a little bit......... odd, I think.
It also highlights how sorely these models have missed out on a decent education.

Oh my goodness, have you heard about Linda Evangelista? Poor woman had Coolsculpting (on her double chin and elsewhere I think) and had an adverse reaction. Instead of shrinking the fat cells, they grew bigger. Happened 5 years ago and she's only just talking about it now.

She doesn't look disfigured though, just like an overweight middle aged woman. I guess that is considered 'disfigured' when your starting point was Supermodel. Christ.

Reactions: 11
Oh my goodness, have you heard about Linda Evangelista? Poor woman had Coolsculpting (on her double chin and elsewhere I think) and had an adverse reaction. Instead of shrinking the fat cells, they grew bigger. Happened 5 years ago and she's only just talking about it now.

She doesn't look disfigured though, just like an overweight middle aged woman. I guess that is considered 'disfigured' when your starting point was Supermodel. Christ.

I do feel for her - what she experienced is horrific and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But I also see the irony. She expects people to develop technologies that stop time and keep her looking young and beautiful Frankenstein-style, and then she sues them when it doesn't work. She sees it as her right to be more beautiful than others, when it was in fact a privilege. As you said, she now looks like a normal woman who gained weight in unflattering places during menopause. Her face still looks lovely. I'm surprised she expected to work as a model well into her fifties and sixties. Kind of entitled if you ask me. Most models plan ahead for times when they can no longer rely on their looks.

Reactions: 12
The irony is,Linda Evangelista has such amazing bone structure that she would've looked incredible well into her 60's and 70's without surgery.She 'd probably still be getting a lot of jobs too.

Reactions: 14
In The Mail article there is a photo of her a year before she had the procedures. I am baffled as to why she even thought she needed it? She still looked amazing.
Obviously she should have had all the possible side effects explained to her but I bet she would have gone ahead anyway - even armed with all the information. Nobody thinks they will be the one to have an adverse reaction.

It is so easy to say but she now needs to concentrate on what she looks like now, which isn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination, and stop dwelling on the past and comparing herself to others.

Reactions: 17
I do feel sorry for her but I also wish she would stop saying she's 'deformed'. With any cosmetic procedure there are risks and I'd be amazed if she didn't sign some kind of waiver. Surely Linda Evangelista wouldn't be going to some dodgy black market cosmetic practitioner. With botox, fillers, anything, there's the risk they could go wrong and of course people don't think it will happen to them but to make out like this was some kind of 'medical malpractice' (I've seen it described as that) is a bit much. She doesn't look deformed by any means.

Reactions: 13
Isn’t the deformation she refers to fat on her body rather than anything to do with her face?

Reactions: 3
That must be the very hard thing about being really beautiful. Age and time catches up with them all.

I've always heard that people said Linda E was a witch. Spoilt and hard to please.
No-one's said no to her since she's been about 19.
Can't win 'em all, love, and we all have to age and die - whether we like it or not.

I saw one of Adriana Lima's YouTube videos and she was going on about how she's going to be the one not to age.
That she will beat it.
Good luck with that, pal. She looks like the 40 year old woman that she already is.

Reactions: 7
This is from years ago, but i heard from a colleague that Janice Dickinson HATED Tyra Banks but not for the obvious competition reasons I assumed. It was simply that Tyra wouldn’t go partying with Janice, so Janice thought she was stuck up. Some other models thought that Tyra was standoffish and cold but hardly worth a feud.

If it‘s still there, Channel 4 on Demand used to have the Model Agency series (it has been years since i watched it). It was a really good show about Premier Models in London. Teenage Leomie Anderson was on it and it followed her early career a little.

Also, Naomi Campbell in recent years, killed the career of a model from one of her shows for the crime of dating one of Campbell’s exes. It really is like these ladies never left school. :rolleyes:
Ooh! I loved that series. And the woman who ran the agency. I read her autobiography.. it was a great read!

Karen Mulder is Dutch and was stunning
Wasn’t she used and abused by rich older men, and then became depressed and was on medication. Had a breakdown or something.. and then the press just called her mad.
SomethIng was very ‘off‘ about it all. A bit like all the nasty goings on with Elite back in the day. You can watch on Netflix. Casablancas: The man who loved women (dirty old letch!)

Anyone remember Paulina Porizkova? She was absolutely stunning (one of the most beautiful models to me) and she looks really great now.
Her relationship with her late ex-husband is complicated it seems, with him cutting her out of his will when she still took care of him.
She looks great and has a fantastic attitude! And, yes, her ex-husband was terrible and did a really crappy thing. But that hasn’t made her bitter at all. She’s a fantastic example to us all.

How depressing.
She could have kept it classy and it could have led to a career of her choice. But now she’s just a dime a dozen OF girls. Down there with Kerry Katona. 😬

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Linda used to do one show every season for free for a new designer. I don’t think any of the others did that

Reactions: 6
Not sure if mentioned before, but Jasmine Tookes (Victoria Secret model) wedding looked like A DREAM.
She looked like an actual princess! Her husband is from a wealthy/ political family in Ecuador. I think they make a beautiful couple. I find it refreshing seeing a model marry someone like this, she definitely married up (in terms of status), as he comes from a powerful family.

Her dress is absolutely amazing, the wedding looked like a fairytale.

ED3C4653-A580-45B4-B934-803FEDA6FE87.jpeg.jpg

I'm obsessed with them 😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.