Model Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you could tell Gigi was her absolute fave child!
Definitely, ironic now Anwar is her favourite šŸ˜‚
Yolanda was brutal about their eating habits though šŸ˜³
Yeah that was something which wasnā€™t good, I feel like she was a little too pushy. I think it was partly cause Gigiā€™s disease caused her to put on weight and she wasnā€™t diagnosed yet and she had just stopped playing volleyball. She seems slimmer now but seems to eat a more healthy balanced diet

Reactions: 6
Yolanda was brutal about their eating habits though šŸ˜³
i felt so bad wth the big cake they got for Gigis birthday
she was allowed literally a crumb of her own birthday cake! :(
i just think its odd how Gigi and Zayne are even still a thing - isn't it quite well known he is suffering from a heroin addiction (i read she had a drug problem also)
like is it possible to be in a relationship with someone who is on drugs and you be totally sober? Sorry if i'm totally wrong here but just a thought

Reactions: 13
i felt so bad wth the big cake they got for Gigis birthday
she was allowed literally a crumb of her own birthday cake! :(
i just think its odd how Gigi and Zayne are even still a thing - isn't it quite well known he is suffering from a heroin addiction (i read she had a drug problem also)
like is it possible to be in a relationship with someone who is on drugs and you be totally sober? Sorry if i'm totally wrong here but just a thought
Did not know about his or her addiction problems.

you could tell Gigi was her absolute fave child!
It always bothered me how little she seemed to care about Bella until she got popular in the modeling word post plastic surgeries. On RHOBH, she often ignored Bella or mentioned her as an afterthought (this was before Bella got work done) and focused extensively on Gigi. Now sheā€™s always posting photos of Bella saying how proud she is on Instagram. šŸ™„

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I watched a compilation on Youtube about Yolanda picking on Gigi's eating habits and whatnot. To me (admittedly, someone who has not watched any of the Real Housewives franchises) it came across as tough love, but not any different from what an agency would tell their models. As a former model, I think she was trying to prepare Gigi for the discipline and work ethic that the industry requires, but because it's in the interest of the show to stir up drama, it portrayed her as an overly-critical tiger mom.

Reactions: 9
I watched a compilation on Youtube about Yolanda picking on Gigi's eating habits and whatnot. To me (admittedly, someone who has not watched any of the Real Housewives franchises) it came across as tough love, but not any different from what an agency would tell their models. As a former model, I think she was trying to prepare Gigi for the discipline and work ethic that the industry requires, but because it's in the interest of the show to stir up drama, it portrayed her as an overly-critical tiger mom.
Thank you for the inside scope! I always felt like Gigi looked better with a bit of curves/weight (SI era) but I also understand that's not "high fashion" enough. Gigi is a gorgeous woman but her face never really struck me as high fashion (it's quite square/swollen looking or she looks gaunt when she loses too much weight) and her frame seems to be on the bigger side. I feel like you see this quite a bit with Dutch models (Doutzen Kroes, Sanne Vloet) so I know it's not her fault but it must be rough to have a mom like Yolanda.

I think as far as models go, those Russian or Scandinavian girls are the most beautiful and thin/leggy with high cheekbones and refined features.

Reactions: 4
Thank you for the inside scope! I always felt like Gigi looked better with a bit of curves/weight (SI era) but I also understand that's not "high fashion" enough. Gigi is a gorgeous woman but her face never really struck me as high fashion (it's quite square/swollen looking or she looks gaunt when she loses too much weight) and her frame seems to be on the bigger side. I feel like you see this quite a bit with Dutch models (Doutzen Kroes, Sanne Vloet) so I know it's not her fault but it must be rough to have a mom like Yolanda.

I think as far as models go, those Russian or Scandinavian girls are the most beautiful and thin/leggy with high cheekbones and refined features.
No inside scoop here, just speculating based on what I've heard about how brutal the model industry can be! I agree with you on Gigi's face-- she seems to have a lovely personality, but I never understood why people were obsessed with her look. To me, her cheeks are too puffy and exacerbate her downturned mouth so it looks like her face is being dragged down.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any current model who is as photogenic as Kate or Linda

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But Kate wasnā€™t just a fantastic model, she was (is) cool with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I donā€™t think thereā€™s any current model who is as photogenic as Kate or Linda
I think Freja Beha and Elsa Hosk could give them a run for their money, though I'm not convinced they are as stunning as the supers...maybe just very striking in different ways? I do find the models today are more cutesy and generic looking. I am a big fan of girls like Romee Strijd or Josephine Skriver but next to Adriana or Candice, they look almost plain.

Reactions: 5
I think Freja Beha and Elsa Hosk could give them a run for their money, though I'm not convinced they are as stunning as the supers...maybe just very striking in different ways? I do find the models today are more cutesy and generic looking. I am a big fan of girls like Romee Strijd or Josephine Skriver but next to Adriana or Candice, they look almost plain.
I love Freja too. To me, she stands out from the many... many... light-haired, light-eyed models. I also like Mika Schneider and will forever love Liu Wen. I think Kate Moss became such an icon because she was able to break out of the mold of just being a model, and actually cultivated a personality. These days, it's the opposite... people with personality/personal brand elbowing their way into the modeling industry (see the Hadids, Kendall, any child of a celebrity).

Kate was spotted in an airport queue, Naomi whilst window shopping, Christy at a gymkhana. How often does that happen now, an ordinary girl becoming a supermodel ?

I love Freja too. To me, she stands out from the many... many... light-haired, light-eyed models. I also like Mika Schneider and will forever love Liu Wen. I think Kate Moss became such an icon because she was able to break out of the mold of just being a model, and actually cultivated a personality. These days, it's the opposite... people with personality/personal brand elbowing their way into the modeling industry (see the Hadids, Kendall, any child of a celebrity).
I havenā€™t heard of Mika before, thank you for the suggestion! She is quite beautiful. And I still think itā€™s a crime that Liu Wen was never made a VS angel despite breaking so many barriers and walking the show for so many years.

Iā€™ve heard sheā€™s an awful person but Grace Elizabeth and Freja are so beautiful and striking and they stand out despite not being blonde and blue eyed. It does seem like itā€™s harder for a model to stand out if they didnā€™t have that these days and I totally agree with you. Not sure if society/Hollywood/fashion world still puts a premium on light eyes and hair and thatā€™s why?

Celeb spawns are usually not model material at all (the Hadids are actually ok relatively) and itā€™s a shame theyā€™re taking over the industry. I feel like Instagram ā€œmodelsā€ are even worse though - now every wannabe influencer calls themselves a ā€œmodelā€ because girls like Emrata and ARen do it.

Reactions: 3
What exactly do you get for being a VS Angel? Better pay? A plaque? Because otherwise, it seems like a rather pointless accolade, what with VS's reputation nowadays.

• Haha

I think Vittoria Ceretti is the most striking of the current models,she could definitely hold her own alongside Kate and Linda.

Reactions: 13

I think Vittoria Ceretti is the most striking of the current models,she could definitely hold her own alongside Kate and Linda.
Thereā€™s something about her that reminds of Linda evangelista.

Reactions: 12
What exactly do you get for being a VS Angel? Better pay? A plaque? Because otherwise, it seems like a rather pointless accolade, what with VS's reputation nowadays.
I don't think it means much anymore (especially after they cancelled the show!) but in the Adriana/Alessandra/Candice days, it was a 7 figure annual contract and a lot of exposure and opportunities for other things. You're also guaranteed to walk in the show and wear wings each year and supposedly it was a good way to meet a husband?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.