MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘That’s some serious time you have on your hands’ is a very commonly used online bitchy remark. Yes, sadly I do have a lot of time due to being chronically ill,lying in bed unable to work let alone get dressed kind of makes the day pretty long and boring.So taking 10 minutes to screenshot and google a holiday is not really an issue!
Wow that sucks sorry to hear you’re chronically ill. I guess I just haven’t cared enough about these two to trawl back through their archives and highlight this stuff. Might head off now from this thread now it’s a bit depressing

Haha absolutely not like I said before I spent some time in the outer circle of a few of these Instamums and have seen an insight into their lives so I guess I have a balanced view on it all. It doesn’t mean I don’t grit my teeth when I see another ad for a brand or item that is way beyond my financial means knowing full well they’ve been gifted it all. Jealously maybe but more frustration that they’re given everything on a plate without really having to do very much at all
For me it’s more they started out being ‘normal’ and likeable and relatable. She, an NHS midwife, he, a hands on funny dad. I was completely duped and felt that their lifestyle was something I could attain. That the cots/high chairs/sleepyheads they had should somehow be affordable for my baby. But they aren’t. I’m part time on a low wage (lost my job in January) and hubby is low wage self employed (no breaks), she was my inspiration.
But it’s not real. She’s not an inspiration. She’s a flogger. He’s selling his kids privacy.
I’m not jealous. I feel a bit let down (by myself) but I really do think these people should be very clear about what they are and what they do.
I did not see AT ALL that that was an #ad or #gift

Reactions: 7
They needed that hot water tap - imo it’s a very badly laid out kitchen. The sink might have worked better in the island. The kettle was on the worktop along the wall where the glass door presses are, the sink along another wall with a door-way breaking the space, the cooker is on the opposite wall to the sink - with the island in between. Cooker is in a little alcove with very little space at the sides to put ingredients/somewhere to put cooked dishes on, etc. The pantry press is at the end of the fridge, away from the food prep areas. When I see posts of that kitchen, all I see is the awkwardness of it all.
I personally think they have very poor taste. The grey floors/skirting and walls is so miserable and cold and the house could be so beautiful. Some rooms are better but they all have that cold over painted look.
The kitchen, I weirdly preferred before. And I really liked their old house.
It has all the feel of an unloved holiday home, not an actual home.

They needed that hot water tap - imo it’s a very badly laid out kitchen. The sink might have worked better in the island. The kettle was on the worktop along the wall where the glass door presses are, the sink along another wall with a door-way breaking the space, the cooker is on the opposite wall to the sink - with the island in between. Cooker is in a little alcove with very little space at the sides to put ingredients/somewhere to put cooked dishes on, etc. The pantry press is at the end of the fridge, away from the food prep areas. When I see posts of that kitchen, all I see is the awkwardness of it all.
I actually preferred the kitchen they ripped out too. What they put in is a carbon copy of an insta-popular kitchen which I've seen lots of grammers go with, I also think the design will date very quickly. Its a fad being promoted by lemmings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The house is a mix of everyone else’s style, along with gifted items that they’d never buy themselves. The gifted wallpaper in an upstairs bedroom is so cold - white with grey drawings. The dark grey paint on the woodwork in the stairs/hall gives a cold and gloomy vibe too. I get the feeling MOD took inspiration from Erica Davies, Lisa Dawson’s, etc houses but hasn’t quite managed to get it right.

Reactions: 5
Wow that sucks sorry to hear you’re chronically ill. I guess I just haven’t cared enough about these two to trawl back through their archives and highlight this stuff. Might head off now from this thread now it’s a bit depressing
It takes 20 seconds to see you've been praising mod since the day this thread was created. ?

Go start a rave thread about them rather than just being bitchy to other posters who are raising valid concerns over shady influencers.

Like so many influencers their house is a collection of whatever they could get for free, and it's not working well. Agree the kitchen isn't a good design. Some people just can't say no to a freebie.

Reactions: 12
I’m glad @Pollyponsonby posted that holiday break down ????????????
No one has faulted them for their vacations but come the frig on, it’s crazy ridiculous for people who pretend to be oh so humble about everything. I can imagine the ego to have so many people that follow your every word. I don’t even think they post ever their gratefulness for being in the position they have and having the opportunities they get given. No how they behave is entitled and like some kind of insta royalty which unfortunately we collectivity have created and engendered.

Do they do any sort of consciousness raising (apart from a talking about a dam period cup!)
How about talking more constantly about diversity?
What about social issues?
How about more transparent giveaways that they spend out of their own pocket?
All the vacations and greater awareness that an average family would take years to save up to have this?

So I can very much understand people’s anger distrust and calling her a witch. She has a responsibility to be a decent human being with the number of followers they both have. And that starts with being transparent about her goals (people she has an agent... she’s not just a person she’s a brand!), clarity about her content (ads, gifts blah blah) and a level of gratefulness!!

And @AliceinWanderlust saying they have seen two sides of the coin? These People have choose to share their lifestyle, families,
Children etc for public consumption and opinion. That’s their responsibility to be better citizens of their highlight reel, not us.

Reactions: 8
I’m glad @Pollyponsonby posted that holiday break down ????????????
No one has faulted them for their vacations but come the frig on, it’s crazy ridiculous for people who pretend to be oh so humble about everything. I can imagine the ego to have so many people that follow your every word. I don’t even think they post ever their gratefulness for being in the position they have and having the opportunities they get given. No how they behave is entitled and like some kind of insta royalty which unfortunately we collectivity have created and engendered.

Do they do any sort of consciousness raising (apart from a talking about a dam period cup!)
How about talking more constantly about diversity?
What about social issues?
How about more transparent giveaways that they spend out of their own pocket?
All the vacations and greater awareness that an average family would take years to save up to have this?

So I can very much understand people’s anger distrust and calling her a witch. She has a responsibility to be a decent human being with the number of followers they both have. And that starts with being transparent about her goals (people she has an agent... she’s not just a person she’s a brand!), clarity about her content (ads, gifts blah blah) and a level of gratefulness!!

And @AliceinWanderlust saying they have seen two sides of the coin? These People have choose to share their lifestyle, families,
Children etc for public consumption and opinion. That’s their responsibility to be better citizens of their highlight reel, not us.
Being bitched at for taking the time to screenshot their holidays ( not all of them) is not very nice!
But look, FFS, they stayed at the Margot Bay. £46,000 for a family of 6 !!!!! With the tiniest of #ad is exactly the issues many have with these ‘Influencers’ they are not posting holiday snaps,they are just advertising tools,but seriously how many people are going to think ‘Ahh, lets book a £45,000 holibop?’

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Wow. I just fell down a rabbit hole on insta and must’ve found that pj company ??‍♀. Clemmie Telford has posted about a joyous candle collaboration (can’t believe I’ve just written that wtaf is the world coming to) between a company I’d never heard of and my pet pretentious hate Scamp and Dude, who sell the most unattractive clothes which scream of we only wear these items because we know they are expensive. The ‘rich insta’ uniform.
A promotion from them and I find myself on a company where the owner is stating how hard business is. But you sell £35 pjs for kids. You are relying on hitting it big to survive. Most normal people cannot afford this, you are aiming for a certain type of person.
I also gleaned from her stories that influencers seek out companies and ask for freebies, just how gross is that?!
All the Mummy’s went to the dinner. It will have cost about £10-15k for the P.R company to put on the event. The expression ‘Will go to the opening of an envelope’ springs to mind! But hey, fill your house with £45 candles!

Attachments

Am I being thick or does anyone else fail to see what a company that mostly produces sweatshirts of 2 designs has to do with a candle collaboration?! I don't get it. It's a candle that looks no different to any other candle. Or is it a case of god forbid insta mums should have to have a brandless generic candle in their over branded homes?

• Haha
Am I being thick or does anyone else fail to see what a company that mostly produces sweatshirts of 2 designs has to do with a candle collaboration?! I don't get it. It's a candle that looks no different to any other candle. Or is it a case of god forbid insta mums should have to have a brandless generic candle in their over branded homes?
The candle is patterned with insta-must-have leopard print. Well that’s all I can see.

Reactions: 2
I mean, £40 for a candle because it has leopard print on it? What next, collab with mother like no other so we can have mother decorated in gold on our candles?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I see the launch party for this next month! ???
After that, MOD collab for an off green coloured candle with lots of essential oils because she's always soooo stressed and tired, with 'vagina' in baby pink writing on the outside

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So disappointed that the modern midwife (who is a working midwife rather than a influencer with a cheeky side of birth) is announcing an event with MOD. Might now have to unfollow.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So disappointed that the modern midwife (who is a working midwife rather than a influencer with a cheeky side of birth) is announcing an event with MOD. Might now have to unfollow.
'cheeky side of birth' ???

• Haha
After that, MOD collab for an off green coloured candle with lots of essential oils because she's always soooo stressed and tired, with 'vagina' in baby pink writing on the outside
It's all vaginal lip service....MOD doesn't give a tit about midwifery. She's all about free gold taps, weekend stays in luxurious accommodation and Miele appliances. She is intolerable as a woman, midwife and influencer.

Reactions: 12
It's all vaginal lip service....MOD doesn't give a tit about midwifery. She's all about free gold taps, weekend stays in luxurious accommodation and Miele appliances. She is intolerable as a woman, midwife and influencer.
I think that's what grates is that she acts like a guru midwife trying to empower women through their births, when actually if she gave a tit she'd be working full time helping real women, and not imaginary ones through the Internet who have their own real life midwives.

Yep! When she did her faux I'm quitting instagram last year, that obviously didn't last long, someone on the mail summed her up perfectly.

Isn't she the really useless midwife on This Morning that gives the kind of advice you could find on a cereal packet?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.