MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s because up until recently, MOD/FOD and their cohorts rarely tagged an item/a holiday/whatever as a gift/advert. There were couples nights away and sugary messages about how everyone should get away as a couple, etc. Posts about the necessity of family holidays. Regaling us about how fantastic a babysitting service was - everyone should use such a service. The handiness off prepared and ready to cook dinners delivered weekly. That Miele appliances were the only way to go. Not to mention all the clothes. And so on, over and over. No mention that none of these items were actually paid for, covertly suggesting that everyone should have this lifestyle. Making people feel inferior that they couldn’t afford this lifestyle. It was all sell, sell, sell without it being clear that was the sole purpose of their posts.

Now it’s more transparent, it can be clearly seeing that it’s all one big marketing ploy.

Reactions: 13
You forgot the £125,000+ worth of luxe holidays through Destinology,
  1. St Lucia ( £30/50,000 for family of 6 peak season)
  2. Corfu villa £25,000 per week
  3. Caribbean cruise with Tui £7,500
  4. Marinhal Portugal £10,000 ish for a week peak season
  5. Disneyland Florida £15/20 for a week
7)Cornwall ‘cottage’ £22,500 for 10 days in August!!!!
Most of the extortionately expensive holidays have a tiny #ad on one post,it’s before the days the ASA stepped in and made changes around transparency.
My point is during a year they went on 5 holidays that most people would consider ‘holiday of a lifetime’ £25,000 holidays are not normal,that’s the deposit on a flat for a young couple not in London.
Well done for doing that. All these free holidays that weren't' declared as ADs are so shady.

For even the cheapest holiday many don't even have that much after bills in a whole year to spend! No wonder these instamums are fueling depression.

Reactions: 6
I think it’s because up until recently, MOD/FOD and their cohorts rarely tagged an item/a holiday/whatever as a gift/advert. There were couples nights away and sugary messages about how everyone should get away as a couple, etc. Posts about the necessity of family holidays. Regaling us about how fantastic a babysitting service was - everyone should use such a service. The handiness off prepared and ready to cook dinners delivered weekly. That Miele appliances were the only way to go. Not to mention all the clothes. And so on, over and over. No mention that none of these items were actually paid for, covertly suggesting that everyone should have this lifestyle. Making people feel inferior that they couldn’t afford this lifestyle. It was all sell, sell, sell without it being clear that was the sole purpose of their posts.

Now it’s more transparent, it can be clearly seeing that it’s all one big marketing ploy.
Agree with all of this. For me it's that they try so hard to come across as relatable but they aren't, and end up irritating people in the process. The endless shoving of their lifestyle which has been gifted to them is always done with a certain tone of 'well we deserve it, we have a hard life'. For me it's not even that they have money or a lovely house or holidays or anything like that, it's just they have an arrogance about them, especially mod.

Reactions: 2
That’s some serious time you have on your hands there.

Genuine question and sort of playing devils advoctae here. Why does it matter how many holidays paid/gifted these influencers go on. Out of their collective 1.5 million followers someone somewhere will be able to afford these so why should they have to advertise items that only the average joe blogs can afford? People like mod/fod are aligning themselves now in the sort of celebrity world and many many celebrities go on free holidays (towie lot for eg) and we don’t berate them in the same way. Just a thought
It’s strange how you always try to get people to see it from the influencers’ point of view. A lot of what you say is just what mod says when she is trying to justify her revolting greed for free stuff

Reactions: 20
MOD is a calculated manipulative witch! There is a pettern to her behaviour which is to take the freebies and as soon as she feels the heat, she will post a midwife/ women's health post to detract from her insatiable greed. She did exactly this after the stay in the £12k accommodation a couple of weekends ago.

Reactions: 12
I guess having hung out with some of them - the good, the bad and the ugly I can see both sides. I had the same conversations on MN before those threads got shut down.

MOD is a calculated manipulative witch! There is a pettern to her behaviour which is to take the freebies and as soon as she feels the heat, she will post a midwife/ women's health post to detract from her insatiable greed. She did exactly this after the stay in the £12k accommodation a couple of weekends ago.
I agree, although not with the witch reference, no need to be quite so brutal! and I feel sure she thinks people don't realise she is using distraction as a posting technique. She did it in abundance during the (alledged) copying fiasco when her jewellery line was lanched.

Reactions: 2

Genuine question and sort of playing devils advoctae here. Why does it matter how many holidays paid/gifted these influencers go on. Out of their collective 1.5 million followers someone somewhere will be able to afford these so why should they have to advertise items that only the average joe blogs can afford? People like mod/fod are aligning themselves now in the sort of celebrity world and many many celebrities go on free holidays (towie lot for eg) and we don’t berate them in the same way. Just a thought
They are not being berated. You seem to be confusing the people you’ve met with their businesses. These accounts are not people any more, yes somewhere behind there is a person, but that is now not what the account is, it’s a business. Every decision and time of post and post itself is calculated and timed, every response carefully thought out.
As so much of this was completely undeclared I’m grateful for the reminders and info. She was so pissed off when she had to declare the god awful holiday to St Lucia (that she went on for us bless her) and had to be open and declare.
She is entitled and arrogant. But I’m sure if you bumped into Clemmie at the beach with her kids she’d be lovely. MOD though is just a business. And ‘her’ jewellery ? oh man

Reactions: 7
She certainly knows how to engage her audience. Women’s issues tick tick tick, ad about her jewellery so little engagement it’s almost embarrassing.

Also yes witch seems quite brutal

Reactions: 1
That's a bit harsh. There is definitely a pattern to the feed though, as she has taken past criticism on board. The ads tend to be more spaced out. There is more emphasis on midwifery stuff and the kids feature less. It's pretty meaningless though if Simon's feed is all still kids kids kids. If she has taken a conscious decision not to feature them then either he doesn't respect her opinion, or they have decided to keep them on his feed and away from the criticism that she is a bad parent for featuring them so much.

Is that manipulative? Or them being savvy about what they do and how they create content? Seems to be working. Gold taps don't pay for themselves.

That's a bit harsh. There is definitely a pattern to the feed though, as she has taken past criticism on board. The ads tend to be more spaced out. There is more emphasis on midwifery stuff and the kids feature less. It's pretty meaningless though if Simon's feed is all still kids kids kids. If she has taken a conscious decision not to feature them then either he doesn't respect her opinion, or they have decided to keep them on his feed and away from the criticism that she is a bad parent for featuring them so much.

Is that manipulative? Or them being savvy about what they do and how they create content? Seems to be working. Gold taps don't pay for themselves.
I’m cynical based on how she speaks, posts and has spoken in the past. I can’t believe for 1 minute she’s taken past criticism on board, she had to start declaring and knew she would get heavier criticism and less likes if she continued at the rate she was but she was desperate to keep it going so knew she had to change tactics. The holidays have slowed right down but no doubt the next one will be a blinder. Whilst FOD still features the kids, she needs this, many of her followers cane from him. And whilst he punts the kids, she does the ads/chooses collaborations, he does very few, so it is a team effort.

Reactions: 3
Well they do actually when they're given to you free as part of an #ad campaign.
Not really free when the price paid is a staged video of you looking like a dick dancing to drum and bass using your kid as a prop prior to the big reveal that the taps were gifted.

I can’t believe for 1 minute she’s taken past criticism on board,
There's a difference between taking criticism on board to avoid further criticism and taking criticism on board because you appreciate why you are being criticised.

Not really free when the price paid is a staged video of you looking like a dick dancing to drum and bass using your kid as a prop prior to the big reveal that the taps were gifted.

There's a difference between taking criticism on board to avoid further criticism and taking criticism on board because you appreciate why you are being criticised.
How do you know the taps were gifted?

It’s strange how you always try to get people to see it from the influencers’ point of view. A lot of what you say is just what mod says when she is trying to justify her revolting greed for free stuff
I was thinking exactly the same thing! Why make the comment ‘That’s some serious time you have on your hands there’ ‘why berate’ ?
Alice I think perhaps you have a large Instagram following!

How do you know the taps were gifted?
He tagged the brand and put a big hashtag AD in the corner in the story post where he ran through the amazing features of the magical golden tap (admittedly in see through white writing but that's pretty standard....). I assumed it was gifted, perhaps it was even a paid post on top, now you come to mention it.

Well done for doing that. All these free holidays that weren't' declared as ADs are so shady.

For even the cheapest holiday many don't even have that much after bills in a whole year to spend! No wonder these instamums are fueling depression.
Thank you! My point exactly was even the cheapest Portugal holiday at Marinhal for a summer holiday for a family is £10-15k plus the expensive food,babysitting services,travel etc etc, it’s totally out of reach for probably 95% of the population,yes her demographic audience is middle class,and Miele have probably seen sales increase,Mrs Hinch is flogging £1 cleaning products and dish cloths, but Destinology holidays go up to £100,000 for a family with 4 children at peak times at some of their hotels! And there is the issue of looking back there was I think only one Paid partnership at the top of the post,for Florida Disney.Those holidays had #ad amongst a list of hashtags most would of ignored.
It’s not jealousy,it’s not a hatred towards MOD FOD it’s the depressing feeling I’m sure many feel when clicking on the link and realising it’s 10 years of saving to achieve the same holiday!

Last edited:
I was thinking exactly the same thing! Why make the comment ‘That’s some serious time you have on your hands there’ ‘why berate’ ?
Alice I think perhaps you have a large Instagram following!
Haha absolutely not like I said before I spent some time in the outer circle of a few of these Instamums and have seen an insight into their lives so I guess I have a balanced view on it all. It doesn’t mean I don’t grit my teeth when I see another ad for a brand or item that is way beyond my financial means knowing full well they’ve been gifted it all. Jealously maybe but more frustration that they’re given everything on a plate without really having to do very much at all

• Haha
They needed that hot water tap - imo it’s a very badly laid out kitchen. The sink might have worked better in the island. The kettle was on the worktop along the wall where the glass door presses are, the sink along another wall with a door-way breaking the space, the cooker is on the opposite wall to the sink - with the island in between. Cooker is in a little alcove with very little space at the sides to put ingredients/somewhere to put cooked dishes on, etc. The pantry press is at the end of the fridge, away from the food prep areas. When I see posts of that kitchen, all I see is the awkwardness of it all.

Haha absolutely not like I said before I spent some time in the outer circle of a few of these Instamums and have seen an insight into their lives so I guess I have a balanced view on it all. It doesn’t mean I don’t grit my teeth when I see another ad for a brand or item that is way beyond my financial means knowing full well they’ve been gifted it all. Jealously maybe but more frustration that they’re given everything on a plate without really having to do very much at all
‘That’s some serious time you have on your hands’ is a very commonly used online bitchy remark. Yes, sadly I do have a lot of time due to being chronically ill,lying in bed unable to work let alone get dressed kind of makes the day pretty long and boring.So taking 10 minutes to screenshot and google a holiday is not really an issue!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.