MOD & FOD #8 Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Japan after midnight, help me when Slymon’s away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My parents had a separate fridge in our garage which was for milk deliveries plus stuff like soft drinks and beer.

How much do normal people spend on wallpaper because those samples are £150 a roll 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 7
How much do normal people spend on wallpaper because those samples are £150 a roll 😱
£150 is nothing when it’s gifted 😁 seriously last room I wallpapered was £1 a roll from bargain bin in b&Q, rolls did match though!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
To be honest what really really bleeping does my nut in. That influencers seem to think that we are a part of the 'throw away'generation. Actually I'm the opposite. So when I buy a jumper for £12 from primark instead of from scamp and dude/selfish mother which is £50, I'm not doing it to be trendy and 'throw it out after a month'. I am doing it because that is all I can afford, and i literally will wear things till they fall apart. I have 4 boys, my husband works 50 hours a week, we have to budget like mad to have the finer things in life like a holiday which we have to wait till it comes up on a deal. To make sure the kids go on the trips for school. Ensure that we have an ok life.

It really pisses me off that I am being made to feel thick and lazy because i cannot afford to buy glass milk. Or have delivery of breakfast for me. Or I cannot support a small business and that I have to buy from Asda's george instead of next. There is so much pressure now.
Oh my God. This is exactly how I feel. I would love to be able to support small businesses and buy clothes as an investment. But I can’t. I buy cheap clothes from H&M for myself and the kids. My husband buys his from Amazon a lot of the time.
My entire house is furnished by Ikea, and my kids school shoes are most definitely not from Clarke’s because £40 for a pair of shoes they’ll grow out of in 2 mins? duck that.

I hate to be made to feel like people like me are the reason the Earth is dying. A lot of these twatting “influencers” don’t even bother to give away the free stuff they get to more deserving people - I’M TALKING TO YOU CLEMMIE!

Reactions: 15
I am umming and ahhhing over a 12 quid roll of wall paper for my little (sorry guest) bedroom!

I do spend a lot of money on my sons shoes, but I spent £60 quid on his Dr Martens for school because quite frankly Clarke’s are tit and don’t last 2 minutes, but then i’d be more inclined to have him wear Clarkes if they sent them for free.

My beef with Clementine isn’t that she has a expensive tastes, that’s fine spend your money on what you want, I certainly spend mine on whatever I choose, my beef is that her money isn’t earned, it’s gifted and her attitude is that she’s worked for it. That’s a bleeping insult to women that work really bleeping hard in poorly paid jobs who she is preaching to about gifted homewares, clothes, holidays. It’s her constant flow of lies and the usage of her children, the rubbing of her wealth into the faces of less well off women. She’s like the kid at school who gets a hundred presents off Father Christmas bragging to the kid who only got one.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am umming and ahhhing over a 12 quid roll of wall paper for my little (sorry guest) bedroom!

I do spend a lot of money on my sons shoes, but I spent £60 quid on his Dr Martens for school because quite frankly Clarke’s are tit and don’t last 2 minutes, but then i’d be more inclined to have him wear Clarkes if they sent them for free.

My beef with Clementine isn’t that she has a expensive tastes, that’s fine spend your money on what you want, I certainly spend mine on whatever I choose, my beef is that her money isn’t earned, it’s gifted and her attitude is that she’s worked for it. That’s a bleeping insult to women that work really bleeping hard in poorly paid jobs who she is preaching to about gifted homewares, clothes, holidays. It’s her constant flow of lies and the usage of her children, the rubbing of her wealth into the faces of less well off women. She’s like the kid at school who gets a hundred presents off Father Christmas bragging to the kid who only got one.
T

I totally agree. I find it difficult when you see people who can obviously afford shoes etc get given them for free. Their attitude towards it is so nonchalant that it drives me mad! I'd be so grateful if someone gifted me new shoes for my children! I work so hard and I'm proud of what I've achieved but a bit of appreciation from these 'influencers' wouldn't go a miss

I totally agree. I find it difficult when you see people who can obviously afford shoes etc get given them for free. Their attitude towards it is so nonchalant that it drives me mad! I'd be so grateful if someone gifted me new shoes for my children! I work so hard and I'm proud of what I've achieved but a bit of appreciation from these 'influencers' wouldn't go a miss
You should be proud of yourself. Every item of clothing you put on your children’s bodies, every morsel of food you put in their mouths and everytime they go to sleep in a clean warm bed is provided by YOU. Not by some faceless marketing exec for a company but YOU. It doesn’t matter whether we put Primark clothes on them or feed them with wonky veg from Morrison’s, It doesn’t matter if we clothe them in high end designer goods and feed them on a diet fit for a king if WE provide it through our own hard work then we are providing a bigger and better work ethic and setting a way better example than these two ever could.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
You should be proud of yourself. Every item of clothing you put on your children’s bodies, every morsel of food you put in their mouths and everytime they go to sleep in a clean warm bed is provided by YOU. Not by some faceless marketing exec for a company but YOU. It doesn’t matter whether we put Primark clothes on them or feed them with wonky veg from Morrison’s, It doesn’t matter if we clothe them in high end designer goods and feed them on a diet fit for a king if WE provide it through our own hard work then we are providing a bigger and better work ethic and setting a way better example than these two ever could.
👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻

Reactions: 4
Why oh why do these people idolise these influencers? When let's face it, it's down to the right time and luck. There are so many people who are trying to get their big break, it's a tough crowd. It really is down to luck and timing. Nothing else.

I want to support the planet and small trade. It's just not that simple. Life isnt as simple as being gifted by anything. It breaks my heart that we are being disregarded as being wasteful. When we haven't got a mum that will have the kids for us so we can work. It was my choice to have 4 boys. It was my choice that I left home at 17. But PLEASE can influencers stop looking down at us, just being there life has been simple
They seem to think its down to their hard work. But is it? Look where they live? Look at their background? If some of us was given the same start as most of these influencers... I'm sure it would be as simple as that. But they need to stop shoving these small brand tit down our throat, reusable tit... we are trying our best. I refused to be put into debt through guilt to fit in and feel I deserve credit because I am doing what my influencer does.

I deserve credit because I am me. I haven't sold my soul to make people feel like tit. Just for money.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I too have kids in DMs because they last the year. (And teens wear them outside of school too) Little one has Clark’s but my one thing is fitted shoes. We thrift, do kilo sales, mark downs and second hand. My older kids love to go vintage and reuse/recycle, I’m so proud of their attitudes. They understand that things cost money.
I likedClemmie when her kids were in hand me downs and seemed normal. School, kids club pick ups, cutting shifts as childcare was so pricey. To now this consumerist monster! Gifted clothes, shoes, tiles, wallpaper, food, private schools, nursery most of the week. Who is she any more?

Reactions: 11
I deserve credit because I am me. I haven't sold my soul to make people feel like tit. Just for money.
These cretins are being paid to make you/us feel inadequate, it’s the game plan. It won’t work with us because whilstever we have brains in our heads we will come out on top. Sure, some of us might have once fallen for it but we all figure it out eventually. Influencers are are product prostitutes, selling themselves relentlessly but not out of desperation but out of greed.

Reactions: 10
It seems we’re all being told to ‘check our privilege’ in the media but influencers seem to have escaped that wrath and in fact flaunt their privilege and use it to beat us normal folk up with!!

I too have kids in DMs because they last the year. (And teens wear them outside of school too) Little one has Clark’s but my one thing is fitted shoes. We thrift, do kilo sales, mark downs and second hand. My older kids love to go vintage and reuse/recycle, I’m so proud of their attitudes. They understand that things cost money.
I likedClemmie when her kids were in hand me downs and seemed normal. School, kids club pick ups, cutting shifts as childcare was so pricey. To now this consumerist monster! Gifted clothes, shoes, tiles, wallpaper, food, private schools, nursery most of the week. Who is she any more?
I've held on to all my eldest brand clothes like adidas, Nike clothes ready to be handed down for the younger ones. They cant wait as they just want to look like their big brother.

I use to understand why clemmie is so so defensive. Shes gets a lot of hate. But now shes becoming rather mean for it, she feels shes owed for a lot now. But is she? The thing is, they are replaceable. Ali-A was idolised and look how many people have caught up with him.and actually took over him. Hes a losing his crowd slowly. Same for fod and mod. I think deep down they know they really really need to keep their crowd alive as I imagine thay lifestyle doesnt come cheap (no matter how gifted they are), and imagine if the money disappears...they still got that mortgage and many things to pay for.... no one why they reek of desperation.

This is not jealously what so ever. I'd hate to feel like I owed my life to social.media when all I wanna do is have a tit day of doing duck all. My life is simple and I prefer it that way for me. Cant stand it when people assume, its jealously...when it's not. When they start directing their anger towards those who questions them, why should we allow them to make people FEEL understand pressure and tit and lie their way feeding on peoples emotions to get paid ads

I really did like her and to a degree I liked Simon. They had a similar life to what I have and for me, they were relatable. Lucky but they had jobs then, real ones. But like you say it’s turned into a monster and there is no going back for them.

Re: Dr Martens - they last forever, a bit of polish on the toes and I buy one pair a year. I refuse to waste money on fads and poor quality!

Reactions: 9
Thank you. I know you're right. It's just hard to keep feeling that I'm doing enough when you're surrounded by people having more. I don't know why the 'kicks' post really got to me. Maybe it's because trainers were referred to as 'kicks' or maybe it's because I stood at the till in Asda and counted out the money for my boys shoes 🙄.

Reactions: 8
I love the comment by @dawn_stars on the Gusto advert post, plus the ensuing comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thank you. I know you're right. It's just hard to keep feeling that I'm doing enough when you're surrounded by people having more. I don't know why the 'kicks' post really got to me. Maybe it's because trainers were referred to as 'kicks' or maybe it's because I stood at the till in Asda and counted out the money for my boys shoes 🙄.
My eldest boy always wore black trainers to school as he hated Clark’s, we went to sports direct and got some which weren’t that different to ‘school shoes’ and were really comfortable , firm and good support. If you look at Clark’s trainers they are an absolute rip off and go down to £7/8 in sales because trainers don’t need to be fitted the same way as a firm leather shoe.
So if your child has a comfy, hardwearing shoe they like to wear, don’t give it another moments thought. My neighbour’s kids wear second hand holey shoes to school. They are happy but an Asda new shoe would be like flipping Gucci to them.
Clemmie used to put her kids in hand me down Boden. Other people’s clothes given to her. Now she just uses brand gifted clothing. No difference between a trainer sold with a superga label, Clark’s label or sports direct. All made in the same factories. Just the price label varies.

I love the comment by @dawn_stars on the Gusto advert post, plus the ensuing comments.
Oh goodness. It seems Clemmie has belatedly come to the conclusion that criticism does not make you a troll. Well hallelujah! Maybe we are only a hop, skip from her engaging in the shilling of her daughters and her (lack of) transparency.
I think that actually what is going to be her undoing is her ridiculous greed and consumption. In today's society her behaviour is becoming increasingly "anti social". (Dressing room or Project 33?) Two of the weekend papers were highlighting conspicuous over- consumption, both of which could have been Clemmie #Goals ticklists.
Maybe natural justice will mean that she is not only Mother of Daughters but also Mother of the next Greta! Fingers crossed.

Indeed. And while SHE is not trolling anyone with her remark, she in fact is merely pointing out that phrasing things the wrong way can be very triggering for some, the FOD/MOD fangirls ARE trolling her with some very mean comments. Being a 'fan' sometimes does blind a person, SMH.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.