MOD & FOD #7 When my grid gets full of #pressdiscount plugs, it’s time to whip out my saintly scrubs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In 20 years time when half the planet is uninhabitable thanks to climate change, and the rest of us are fighting it out Mad Max style, I'm sure their kids will look up to them and thank them for advocating mindless over-consumption and loads of air travel. DLAM's post about no spend September made me laugh (hollowly).
Guessing they have this foresight, which is why they don't mind selling their children. No electricity/internet to refer to come 2039!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They’re all rather unflattering photos. The first one on her insta post makes her look like she’s zonked on benzos...maybe she’d had to spend time with the kids that day.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Their shoe colab was a joke, there are a lot of Grammers out there known for their interest in shoes, En Brogue for one, were they asked to be part of it? no, instead we got flip flops with pom poms, that look like they fell off the front of a Twinkle comic from DLAM. M&S need to do better and make wiser choices.
I couldn't believe how bad some of them looked! Although I quite like Kat Farmer's entry into the competition (Oh it wasn't a competition for wannabe fashion designers?!)

Reactions: 8
I was annoyed when M&S gifted Cissywears some uniform a few weeks ago, they did it last year and it just seemed absolutely pointless. These people can pay £60 for a kids cardigan, they really don't need their uniform gifting to them. Meanwhile there's parents scraping money together to buy basic uniform and sending their kids in secondhand shoes so that they can afford to pay for gas this winter.
Why do brands think that gifting things to rich white women that can afford their own tit, will make normal people want to spend their money on the same products?!

And now mod is a bloody model 😡photoshopped after all the body positivity shite she's been spouting. I wish they would all duck off, they all act like activists but really all they want is the freebies and attention.

Most importantly... 36?! Fod is 36?! Not a chance, that guy is 50 at LEAST!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The comments under MOD's ad show just what a circle jerk it all is. Someone should complain to women's health about a body positivity 'journalist' not calling out photoshop which makes her slimmer.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Interesting that the advertising campaign is using ‘real’ 🤮 women but still photoshopping/ altering the image so it doesn’t look like them. What is the point in that?!

Her post is such bollocks. ‘A brand I go to...’ The brown coat that she claims to love; ‘her favourite piece’! Plus floral poloneck and pleather handbag are not her style at ALL. She’s never wear that in a million years unless she was paid to.

I get that this is how advertising works. But when it’s blended with a real person like this it just makes it seem like everything she’s saying is a lie. What should we believe? Where’s her integrity?

As a health care professional that’s a weird and dodgy place to be in.

The comments under MOD's ad show just what a circle jerk it all is. Someone should complain to women's health about a body positivity 'journalist' not calling out photoshop which makes her slimmer.
Does she get any say in if it’s photoshopped? Agree would be great if she highlighted that this had been done

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I wonder how the influencer shoe range went?!
TBF the shoes that The Fashion Lift designed sold out really quickly and then had a second run which also sold out. They were nice and looked well made and comfy and she often wears them in the outfits she posts. Granted, all the others were shite.

Reactions: 4
I was thinking about this earlier - M&S certainly isn’t a brand that someone of MOD’s age ‘goes’ to. M&S have tried with various bloggers to make themselves a relevant, go to brand but they haven’t had much success. DMBL40 does a monthly showcase of their clothes and while they look good at times on screen, in reality the cut/style/fabric is a tad frumpy. They seem to design with bloggers in mind, bloggers who wear their clothes simply because they were gifted them. For years, DMBL40 said that M&S was a brand she wanted to love but couldn’t, then did a swift u-turn when she began being gifted clothes and being paid for projects with them.

That coat that MOD wears is not the style of coat we’ve seen her wear before. I’m not sure what the top would like like on her if her image wasn’t photoshopped. But she’ll have a certain amount of followers buying those items and shopping there just because their idol is promoting them. She looks well in those images, no doubt about it, but take away the styling/touch ups, etc. M&S quality just isn’t there and really, it’s not where women in their mid 30’s who have any interest in style or fashion would want to shop.

M&S’s problem is they have too many stores, stores are too large and they don’t have a specific target market. Their shops are confusing with rails and rails of clothes.

Reactions: 10
Her post is such bollocks. ‘A brand I go to...’ The brown coat that she claims to love; ‘her favourite piece’!
This is another one of my 70 million annoyances of that MOD and the rest of her instabums commit. Who says ‘brand I go to’? D’ya mean ‘one of the shops I buy (lol sorry get send stuff from) things from’? No one says ‘brand’. Also, only people with a stick shoved so far up their arses say something is a ‘piece’. It’s a coat cocker, not a piece. You’re not wearing a jigsaw, so call it what it is - a coat.

While I’m moaning, it’s the same as when she calls something an ‘investment’ (usually followed by the word ‘piece’).... it’s not an investment because I would bet my left fanny flap that half the things she calls an investment piece will have been listed on her ‘clemmie sells her tit’ page on Instagram.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
This is another one of my 70 million annoyances of that MOD and the rest of her instabums commit. Who says ‘brand I go to’? D’ya mean ‘one of the shops I buy (lol sorry get send stuff from) things from’? No one says ‘brand’. Also, only people with a stick shoved so far up their arses say something is a ‘piece’. It’s a coat cocker, not a piece. You’re not wearing a jigsaw, so call it what it is - a coat.

While I’m moaning, it’s the same as when she calls something an ‘investment’ (usually followed by the word ‘piece’).... it’s not an investment because I would bet my left fanny flap that half the things she calls an investment piece will have been listed on her ‘clemmie sells her tit’ page on Instagram.
Does she still sell her clothes on Instagram ?

Reactions: 2

Weeping 😂

Reactions: 9

Left Fanny Flap 😂😂😂😂😂 wetting myself 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Kudos on left fanny flap! That made me howl with laughter!!

Completely agree with everything you’ve said. MOD is so far up her own arse, so narcissistic and generally a nasty piece of work, unkind and doesn’t give a tit about anyone but herself. She’s so shallow and vacuous.

Why can’t I just block her? It’s like a scab I have to pick.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My left fanny flap and it’s starboard side neighbour provide much hilarity!

*fanny flap takes a bow*

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why can’t I just block her? It’s like a scab I have to pick.
I keep thinking about this. Why am I/ we so fascinated (not sure if that’s the right word) with them? Why do I want to see what they’re up to and participate on this forum?

For me personally I’ve followed her life for seven years. I feel like I know her because she’s shared so much intimate stuff.

I used to be able to relate to her on some level - I’m a midwife with young kids. I used to admire her; when she worked hard as a caseloading midwife. She seemed so passionate about her job.

And she was gorgeous and stylish with good taste.

Over time I grew so disillusioned with her values.

Ultimately if I’m honest I watch and read here because it makes me feel better about my own life. I feel morally superior I guess. It helps remind me that although I don’t have money, holidays, all the shiny things none of that matters.

I also used to feel bad about myself comparing myself to her. And bought some things influenced by her. Cringe.

It felt like I was the only one who saw through her. Like the emperors new clothes with everyone fawning over how wonderful she was. Reading the comments here makes me feel validated. Finding like minded people plus you lot are hilarious

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I keep thinking about this. Why am I/ we so fascinated (not sure if that’s the right word) with them? Why do I want to see what they’re up to and participate on this forum?

For me personally I’ve followed her life for seven years. I feel like I know her because she’s shared so much intimate stuff.

I used to be able to relate to her on some level - I’m a midwife with young kids. I used to admire her; when she worked hard as a caseloading midwife. She seemed so passionate about her job.

And she was gorgeous and stylish with good taste.

Over time I grew so disillusioned with her values.

Ultimately if I’m honest I watch and read here because it makes me feel better about my own life. I feel morally superior I guess. It helps remind me that although I don’t have money, holidays, all the shiny things none of that matters.

I also used to feel bad about myself comparing myself to her. And bought some things influenced by her. Cringe.

It felt like I was the only one who saw through her. Like the emperors new clothes with everyone fawning over how wonderful she was. Reading the comments here makes me feel validated. Finding like minded people plus you lot are hilarious
This 👏👏👏👏 sums up how so many of us feel perfectly ❤

Reactions: 14
She’s slimmer, her teeth look smaller and she has that glow and flawless skin that only a filter and good light can offer.

This is not just body positivity.

This is M+S body positivity .

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
They create a lot of their own stress with holiday travel - they seem to go for late flights where everyone will be tired and cross. Presumably for lower fares and to get an extra few hours holiday time.

If they flew at more child friendly hours, it would be a lot easier.

Yep. This. They paid for this holiday so have booked the cheapest flight options. Squeaky.

When we travel we aim for morning out and afternoon back because no one likes travelling with a cranky kid.

Also there is a much bigger chance of bring delayed when flying on the last flight home that day.

Although saying that, Turkey flights are quite limited.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.