MOD & FOD #7 When my grid gets full of #pressdiscount plugs, it’s time to whip out my saintly scrubs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These two wanting to ‘get away from it all’, what’s that working from your absolutely huge and luxurious home and earning a mint? seeing your kids for an hour today whilst you eat gifted meals? Going to festivals and on nights out? Getting your hair done or going for a lovely walk on the beach right next to said huge and luxurious house? Trying on your hoards of expensive gifted clothes and shoes?

They should try scraping by every single day, week and month. Not being able to afford to go to work because childcare is so expensive and the jobs available don’t cut it. My husband works so hard but 0 hour contracts mean his shifts get cut last minute if the business is quiet and we just have to deal with it. We NEVER get a break, a night out. My kids are with me 24:7 and don’t get me wrong I love them to pieces and love having them with me BUT the ODs know absolutely shite all about ‘needing a break’ they have absolutely no idea how so many people in this country and probably that follow them actually live. Having to cut back on other essentials to afford school uniforms, never being able to buy new clothes or anything for yourself, eating beans on toast for tea for the 100th time this summer holidays. Honestly I can’t think about their greed and entitlement too much because it makes me want to scream! If they just once acknowledged their privilege it would make me have an ounce of respect for them.
But on a side note, my children appreciate everything they have and would never speak to me in the way theirs do, they are creating absolute spoilt monsters if they aren’t careful. And that’s not the kids faults.
What really hit a nerve with me, when she complained about not being at home when the twins where going to bed.

To me it was like she didn't have a choice. Yet she does, the days she doesn't work she chooses not to be there at bedtime.

Millions of parents don't have that choice in life.

Reactions: 19
What really hit a nerve with me, when she complained about not being at home when the twins where going to bed.

To me it was like she didn't have a choice. Yet she does, the days she doesn't work she chooses not to be there at bedtime.

I agree with this. In their position, one of them could not work, if she chose not to, they'd be fine financially. They've both made decisions to work full time, and yes, they both do well and have fulfilling careers so less of the whine would be better. I also agree that when you're both busy working, holidays are great for remembering how much you all love each other and how great it is to be together, but the fact you're on that holiday is down to dollar, so fully apppreciate and own your privilege.

Reactions: 6
I agree with this. In their position, one of them could not work, if she chose not to, they'd be fine financially. They've both made decisions to work full time, and yes, they both do well and have fulfilling careers so less of the whine would be better. I also agree that when you're both busy working, holidays are great for remembering how much you all love each other and how great it is to be together, but the fact you're on that holiday is down to dollar, so fully apppreciate and own your privilege.
She doesn’t work full time! Where did you get that idea?

Reactions: 5
She works as a full time influencer. The podcast was the odd interview over months. The bulk of her time is answering emails from brands, setting up collaborations, researching how to avoid declaring all her freebies, Pinterest looking at fringes and bad decor, brand events, networking as an influencer and attending concerts etc, therefore being visible as a ‘famous’ influencer, and being Very Important.
So yeah basically she’s choosing to not prioritise family when she’s in a very privileged position to do so.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

THIS!!! I have to work full time so my son is in full time nursery 7.30-6.30 mon-fri literally breaks my heart that I’m missing so much of his life and that in a way strangers are raising him. I take him home and get barely an hour with him. I would give anything to have more time with him but we as a family need the money and I do enjoy my job. Just wish there were more hours to the day 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She works as a full time influencer. The podcast was the odd interview over months. The bulk of her time is answering emails from brands, setting up collaborations, researching how to avoid declaring all her freebies, Pinterest looking at fringes and bad decor, brand events, networking as an influencer and attending concerts etc, therefore being visible as a ‘famous’ influencer, and being Very Important.
So yeah basically she’s choosing to not prioritise family when she’s in a very privileged position to do so.
She’s got a manager and agent, so she won’t even be doing all this though - someone else will be doing the grunt work and she’ll just be choosing the items she wants and shooting the pics

She’s got a manager and agent, so she won’t even be doing all this though - someone else will be doing the grunt work and she’ll just be choosing the items she wants and shooting the pics
Well when questioned about Grace o Leary on mumsnet she stated that was not the case and she had total control over post content and ‘work’ etc, it was not overseen, hence why she continuously shows herself up as a self entitled pampered idiot. It would seem that Ms o Leary does very little for either of them.

Reactions: 1
THIS!!! I have to work full time so my son is in full time nursery 7.30-6.30 mon-fri literally breaks my heart that I’m missing so much of his life and that in a way strangers are raising him. I take him home and get barely an hour with him. I would give anything to have more time with him but we as a family need the money and I do enjoy my job. Just wish there were more hours to the day 😢
You're doing your best and one day your little boy will thank you for it all.

The daily mail released an article about what Princess Charlotte would look like on her first day of school. They got images of the normal uniform and put her face on top of them all which included the summer dress and p.e.

I would want the lifestyle and the extra money, but not at the price of having my child becoming so recognizable.

It would have been nicer if they had actually stopped filming everything if they wanted to get away from it all.

Reactions: 3
In that case, it’s strange that FoD is then at home for 4 days a week. She can do that kind of *work* from home, mostly. Recording her podcasts was in Central London, but I doubt she edited them. She does seem to spend a lot of time out on the lash with other people, not Simon. She has frequent adult headaches as she calls them.

I really hope the sainted one has read this. Such an honest account of real life for real people and yet she whinges and whines and holds her hand out petulantly for the next freebie. There's not much of her gilded cage I envy, certainly not the ostentatious need for her ridiculous trappings of success; I mean, really, a dressing room, but just occasionally it would be nice to see her stop complaining, stop pretending life is tough and show even the smallest amount of gratitude for this crazy world which has brought such ridiculous wealth to someone as a reward for shilling her kids, milking her employer's name and guilt sales. If I am honest, I don't know whether I am pleased or saddened that none of it makes her happy.
If she does read it, which she will then rest assured that she will not give a single duck.

Clemmie has a clear demographic that she is marketing to. White (yes white women Clemmie despite your ‘friendship’ with the equally obnoxious SMS) rich, middle-class women with time on their hands and money in their pockets. Struggling families (ie the majority of the country) are not part of her plan.

The trouble is and where I find her toxic is the fact that she fails to declare so many things that she is gifted and so young women, not in the area of society that Clemmie is aiming her bullshit at, look up to her, want what she has and see all that she has as something to aspire to. That’s where issues with debt and mental health develop and she knows that. That’s the key. She knows that and still she fails to declare.

There is nothing wrong with being middle-class or well off and there is nothing wrong with marketing your business at that particular demographic - hell in fairness I probably fall somewhere into that demographic myself, but the issue is not clarifying that, not being transparent and being so very bleeping smug about it.

I’ve had one dealing with Clemmie and she definitely came across as though we are mere plebs and she is the one we all aspire to be without having a clue about me being a lot more experienced in that particular topic than what she was! It did make me smirk at the time!

Reactions: 25
...dealing with Clemmie and she definitely came across as though we are mere plebs and she is the one we all aspire to be without having a clue about me being a lot more experienced in that particular topic than what she was! It did make me smirk at the time!
Oooo tell us more!

Oooo tell us more!
Aha! It was just a simple response she once gave me! It was when she went on the freebie cruise!

At the risk of sounding like a show offy bastard but I’ve been on a lot of cruises with lots of cruise lines and when she came back off the cruise and put something on about washing her holiday clothes or something and I commented about ‘packing for mine and it taking forever’ - she replied and assumed it was my first one, REALLY made out she had influenced my cruise and gave me advice on what to do etc.

I responded telling her about my previous experience (not in a cunty way) and the whole conversation got deleted post haste for absolutely no reason!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Aha! It was just a simple response she once gave me! It was when she went on the freebie cruise!

At the risk of sounding like a show offy bastard but I’ve been on a lot of cruises with lots of cruise lines and when she came back off the cruise and put something on about washing her holiday clothes or something and I commented about ‘packing for mine and it taking forever’ - she replied and assumed it was my first one, REALLY made out she had influenced my cruise and gave me advice on what to do etc.

I responded telling her about my previous experience (not in a cunty way) and the whole conversation got deleted post haste for absolutely no reason!
I’m impressed you got a response at all. 😁

Reactions: 4
I’m impressed you got a response at all. 😁
It was still in the heady early days of showing off 😂

I just find the whole influencer thing a bit sick. Lately I’ve seen big accounts with followers address the issue of being an influencer, open up chat and recognise how privileged the position can become. Louise pentland discussing how important it is to respond and engage and how she’s now trying to heart every comment, hungermama asking how to address the need for ad content to support herself etc, another account asking how followers would like to see ads, another saying they are grateful and asking for feedback. I’ve not seen conversations disappear and the wave of interactions and feedback is interesting. Whether it’s contrived or not for higher engagement, pre-ad, I’m not sure but it’s a starting point.
MOD is the lowest of the low. A post/story about needing time with loved ones. So innocuous and yet from this selfish muppet actually so insulting and revolting. She has . All. The. Time. She could do whatever she wants with her lovely family. But there she is trying to influence us that we NEED a holiday together, that that’s what we’ve been looking for, and it’s so important and we can all just slot that in and afford it, to right everything. She’s SO SPOILT.

Reactions: 10
MOD is the lowest of the low. A post/story about needing time with loved ones. So innocuous and yet from this selfish muppet actually so insulting and revolting. She has . All. The. Time. She could do whatever she wants with her lovely family. But there she is trying to influence us that we NEED a holiday together, that that’s what we’ve been looking for, and it’s so important and we can all just slot that in and afford it, to right everything. She’s SO SPOILT.
That’s just the thing! She doesn’t NEED to get away from anything because for her every day is a holiday! I watched on the news the other day about a place in hull where families were going to pick up second hand school uniform for their children because they didn’t have the money to buy new. Some parents were working every hour god sends and yet could barely afford a uniform let alone an holiday or a night away etc. Yet she’s banging on as though these women’s world will fall out of their arses if they don’t go on holiday.

Clemmie - let’s say a cleaner in that hospital you frequent occasionally - a single mother working 50 hours a week is watching you, her ‘colleague’ Instagram, seeing all these gifted items you grab, stomaching you telling her that she needs to take time out all the while wondering where the duck she is going to acquire the money to pay for her child’s uniform form. You should feel sick with guilt. You don’t work hard, I would argue that you don’t work at all and yet you still don’t have time for your children. How embarrassed must you be internally?! Instagram isn’t a job. Your podcast isn’t a job. Influencing isn’t a job. They’re lucrative hobbies. That’s all.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
That’s just the thing! She doesn’t NEED to get away from anything because for her every day is a holiday! I watched on the news the other day about a place in hull where families were going to pick up second hand school uniform for their children because they didn’t have the money to buy new. Some parents were working every hour god sends and yet could barely afford a uniform let alone an holiday or a night away etc. Yet she’s banging on as though these women’s world will fall out of their arses if they don’t go on holiday.

Clemmie - let’s say a cleaner in that hospital you frequent occasionally - a single mother working 50 hours a week is watching you, her ‘colleague’ Instagram, seeing all these gifted items you grab, stomaching you telling her that she needs to take time out all the while wondering where the duck she is going to acquire the money to pay for her child’s uniform form. You should feel sick with guilt. You don’t work hard, I would argue that you don’t work at all and yet you still don’t have time for your children. How embarrassed must you be internally?! Instagram isn’t a job. Your podcast isn’t a job. Influencing isn’t a job. They’re lucrative hobbies. That’s all.
This!!!! ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.