Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
What a monstrosity of a pair 😂 remember they sung that song together from Aladdin? A Whole New World 😂 there’s a vid on YouTube with the auto tune turned off.
Oh sweet jesus. What have you made me watch, Pocahontas? As soon as she started singing I had to pause it to let the wave of cringe wash over me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Mustard

VIP Member
Tattlers, if you don't plan on watching all of it, at least watch this priceless part at 6:40 of episode 3 where she announces "unfortunately i've managed to get a crush on you which is a little bit embarrassing now!" and over-dramatically flounces back into the house. Absolute comedy :LOL:

Eew creepy. She was about 19 or 29 there?

• Haha

LuBiLu

VIP Member
Me toooooo!
Vans girl right here 🙋🏻‍♀️

plus, a massive love for Nike Classic Cortez (like Forrest Gump / Steve from Stranger Things) 😂
Ohh I used to have a pair of Cortez years and years ago!

I quite like the Nike Air Force 1 '07 in pink..I may have to treat myself now. 😬

LuBiLu

VIP Member
The curriculum might be better now (I hope so) but when I was in the UK school system in the 90s we basically only learned about Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, Vikings, the Tudors, WW1 & WW2. Anything else was glossed over at best, and we just kept going back to those subjects over and over!

It shouldn't take too much critical thinking to realise that a tiny island doesn't end up ruling over a quarter of the world due to the power of dry humour and cream scones, but actual education about that period should be essential, I think.
KS1 and KS2 is pretty much the same.

They do learn about the Crimean War in KS1. With talks on Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole. The Mary Seacole talks we did always covered how she faced a lot of challenges and discrimination due to her being a POC.

I cannot speak for Secondary curriculum though. I'll have to ask my sons.

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
In the UK faith schools are largely renowned for having muuuuch better results, tbh particularly for STEM subjects which is where it a mainstream school falls short, it tends to fall short there? I have no doubt it’s likely self selecting as the student body is more closely aligned to a grammar or private as there are so many hoops to jump through to get in, plus the reputation attracts non Catholics pulling fast ones to get their kid into a better school. I’ve never heard a faith school in the UK described how you are though, if you don’t mind me asking what country is this?

I only went to a Catholic primary but despite growing up in a diverse area didn’t know there was anything other than Christians & Jews up until 11, and was absolutely terrified when I got to a normal secondary and people were discussing not believing in anything at all (or worse the goths in the older years). Our history lessons skewed quite... local? Like a lot of Victorian & war stuff cos the area was hit in the blitz and a lot of us lived in post war council houses tbh so it was nice. We even had evacuee children (obvs they were now really old) come in and we had a “picnic” with them where we were on their tables and could ask them anything, that was really special tbh - altho looking back probs quite bad they’re having to relive their trauma with kids asking them dumbshit questions like did you miss ur mum tho 🥴 But absolutely nothing on any other country apart from the Egyptians, and I wonder if that’s only cos of a school trip to the British Museum? Weirdly nothing on the ~international~ reach of Catholicism or even Ireland where a lot of us were from / only round the corner really?!

Tbh for reference my impending daughter will be most likely to go through a Catholic education so by no means poo pooing it, just am aware going into it that there will have to be a lot of additional knowledge it’s our responsibility as parents to teach her outside of school hours? But the same could be said for any school really, especially for social issues 🤷🏻‍♀️
I went to a Catholic primary and secondary school, and we covered a normal UK curriculum. The main difference at secondary school was that RE was a compulsory GSCE for us. My daughter has gone to the same schools I did, and they have covered the main world faiths in RE in primary school, and are doing it in more depth at secondary school.
I remember doing the slave trade, and agree that Britains involvement was mentioned "in passing" and very much glossed over. We did a module on Civil Rights at A level, which was very America- focused!

OhMyWord

Chatty Member
Hmm I moved to my burner account to go look at someone else’s account (not always about the SOD’s!) and when I looked at Sly’s account the ‘Video Creator’ is gone. Go back to my real account and it’s there. Strange.

Last edited:
  • Wow

KittenRadziwell

FFS I’m always on the wrong thread at the wrong time! Just catching up and “oh”!!!!!!! Reckon the ODs will be raging at Cliquey spilling the tea ☕. Mind you, and this could be as my mind is racing, could Cliquey be Glen back again? It’s all too much for me!🤣
I was thinking the same RE Glen 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Can anyone shed any light on that post he's made apologising for something he was advertising? Comments were disabled. My God, what any absolute bell end this man seems!
It was an international women’s day post sponsored by AXA

• Sad

Emmadale

VIP Member
😳😳 I’ve got a La Redoute rug. And Vejas. Now I think I’m a nobber 😕😕
Couldn’t remember who mentioned earlier they had Veja trainers but are they actually comfy?? I’m aware they the insta mama trainer of choice but still like them.
If I recall correctly Clemster was into her reebok classics anyway!

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Gone back through to see which one of mine got bumped.
@Pocahontas i can’t take credit for the Chandler Bong one...that the one that replaced mine. Mine was ‘Clemmie was right, Simon is a class A twat’ 😂 lasted a few pages before it got bumped for Chandler....first post makes it look like I did that one though!
Aw, but yours is hilarious!

(no offence to whoever thought up the Chandler Bong) 😂