MOD & FOD #31 Stay Alert -> Delete the Comments -> Save Sponsorships

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No I really don't know how to be honest. There would have had to have been disciplinary action but it could have all been dealt with by her ward sister and brushed under the carpet (would probably have gone on a HR file but no further). Unless it was specifically bought to the Nursing & Midwifery councils attention. I guess none of us would know about that as she would never comment on it. Do we know she's back at work? They should have made an example of her, but depending on her manager that probably didn't happen.
Don't know if you know about this, it is public knowledge so I'm not divulging anything I shouldn't be, but you can search any registered nurse or midwife on the NMC website by their name, it will then tell you if they are still registered, where they are registered. If she had any case against her it would say there. According to hers she is still active with registration so I would say it didn't go any further.
I'm not sure how they could have ignored it if many people complained about her to them, only thing I can think of is nobody did.
Thank you for answering and the info about the NMC register.
FOD posted a while ago in stories, possibly under a grid post that Clemmie was back at work/was a key worker. I’m sure there was a post or story as well with her in scrubs via FOD thanking a company for making them? So it’s been heavily implied she’s back at work.
When Alicegate kicked off I think the NMC twitter feed was flooded with comments but not sure how many materialised into actual complaints. Completely get your point that we’d never know what disciplinary action was taken if it was done just with the Ward Sister as Clemmie’s never going to divulge that. Just shocking that she’s basically got away with it and continues to do so.

Reactions: 6
Thank you for answering and the info about the NMC register.
FOD posted a while ago in stories, possibly under a grid post that Clemmie was back at work/was a key worker. I’m sure there was a post or story as well with her in scrubs via FOD thanking a company for making them? So it’s been heavily implied she’s back at work.
When Alicegate kicked off I think the NMC twitter feed was flooded with comments but not sure how many materialised into actual complaints. Completely get your point that we’d never know what disciplinary action was taken if it was done just with the Ward Sister as Clemmie’s never going to divulge that. Just shocking that she’s basically got away with it and continues to do so.
Her Facebook profile pic in early April is her in scrubs holding a baby which implied she was back working as a midwife.

Reactions: 2
Although what Clemmie did with sales, Candice etc wasn’t great you have to do something truly shocking to be struck off the NMC register. Like stealing from patients, not caring for them properly etc

You can read about cases on their website

Reactions: 6
MOD & FOD #32: Pretend to woke whilst the wardrobe’s bespoke

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Urgh, so unsurprising considering how she managed her Instagram and responded to her sheep on there (patronising, dismissive of people's stories and trauma she encouraged them to share) but still makes me feel ill. MOD''s whole social media career has been built on white privilege and looks - there has been nothing else that has made her stand out or deserving of the book, podcast series etc. She couldn't write (her original blog was dire and full of other people's words), her book was devoid of diverse experiences and again pretty badly written/misleading, she's a midwife who was so entitled she couldn't even research her podcast guests, and made them feel like this. And look how she's been rewarded financially for being so mediocre. 🤢

More and more great comments still coming through on FOD's post, they're not letting up 👌

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve just sent messages to Giovanna fletcher, Fearne cotton and the unmummsy mum, asking them to consider encouraging their followers to unfollow fod/ house of hooper.
I’m sure they won’t but felt like there’s no good reason for them not to. It was a bit random who I sent the messages to, I’ll do a few more in a bit

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It certainly feels like the tide is turning...
This has been felt multiple times over the past months and yet he was back a couple of days later with a random post like nothing happened. Not sure he can pull of off this time but never underestimate him!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think he will just do his usual and post a staged non funny vid with the twins and act like it’s not happening.

Reactions: 11
Clemmie made her money off the backs of other women
Tbh in every single way possible. To hold a position such as a midwife you’re trusted, then to be recommending £700 cots or £1.5k donkey buggies, women rightly think this is what they SHOULD be doing to give their baby the best start / health outcomes. It’s an incredibly effective way of advertising & tbh coercing women and making them feel like tit as most women in this country can’t afford his stuff. She should be ashamed she ever took paid campaigns like that.

This is horrific, have never heard of TSM before this but bless her how awful.

The reality is CH wasn’t *that* experienced a midwife and no one seemed to ever question it? She has a few years experience broken up by mat leaves, like... you’re not speaking to the oracle here by any means 🥴

Reactions: 23
This has been felt multiple times over the past months and yet he was back a couple of days later with a random post like nothing happened. Not sure he can pull of off this time but never underestimate him!
Yes! Remember how we all waited for him to post after Alicegate and he posted about bloody hair bands!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@heretoreaditall2019 re your comment about MOD’s advertising of overpriced baby items I completely agree.

I’m a midwife and found her blog as a student and was completely taken in.

I remember her pushing sleepyheads A LOT (I know I know people love them) but in terms of safe sleep they’re not recommended, and as midwives we’re told not to recommend them as their safety is questioned, so I always found it jarring that she was pushing them and obviously angling for a sponsor.

The nail in the coffin was when she promoted a hugely overpriced granola and cereal bar to pregnant women which undermined current advice about vitamin D and folic acid supplementation (look up nutricia and first steps nutrition if you want a peek).

It may seem small but it just cemented that she has no integrity as a midwife when there’s an opportunity to make some cash by flogging tit.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Has anyone got the stats for how many followers FOD and HoH have lost the last couple of days?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.