Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Totally agree.

I feel like I want to do something, but I don’t know what, write to the ods favourite brands?
Your username always makes me smile -

I'm personally seeing both SODs and the wider influencer market as a longer term problem to crack which I appreciate is not helpful at all. But immediately I'd honestly say the best thing is to block them, even if they just appear on your explore page you count as +1 for their reach, which is their monetisable product.

What I’m going to do now when I see brands I spend with sending influencers gifts is get in touch with marketing / c level (LinkedIn stalk) with my order receipts attached and just say what I think in a polite and constructive way - which is that I’m a customer paying 100% of RRP for products with them, recommending to friends etc, and I really resent subsidising middle class families being showered with gifts and would rather see brands up their corporate social resp budget instead and gift those plants to... a care home, or a nursery school, etc. And that I’d love to engage in a convo with it if they would like, but realistically can’t foresee me shopping somewhere again that does this as I don’t want to be subsidising those who are capable of budgeting to buy the goods just like the rest of us 🤷🏻‍♀️

Obviously I’m not delusional enough to think that they’ll send the bailiffs in to reclaim their freebies, but I think post covid especially there’s been a real awakening against consumerism and influencers. If brands know that the public’s attitude is changing then they’ll have no choice but to adapt, it sort of happened back in the day with the backlash Zoella / the mega influencers saw, with brands moving towards more effective microinfluencer partnerships. Hopefully this’ll force them to evolve beyond showing off excessive surroundings gifted for free & telling us we should buy it (in part to recoup the brand’s outlay on those guys’ goods 😂).

Also edit - I tend to think it’s the lower end of the market really pushing influencer content these days. It started off a bit cheap and grubby with flat tummy teas and toothpastes and then elevated itself, most luxury brands (I work for one lol) have seen really poor ROI as their audience don’t actually have the means to buy, they just love peeping on the lifestyle and buying dupes tbh. I don’t think there’s much of a future in it outside of that, but the mama market is a cult unto itself with all the insecurities motherhood brings so who knows. The SODs have aged out of that market though 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
Has anyone else seen mumsthatslay calling him out on her IGTV?
It is never going to go away for them. He can make all the light hearted videos he wants, he can pretend HoH isn't Clemmie's stealth return to insta... but her actions on this site are going to haunt them forevet

• Heart
  • Haha

Emmadale

VIP Member
Those (Grenson?) boots look dreadful with that dress. She’s such a fashion victim.
Don’t you mean the boot. 😂

She/he is 100% reading tattle today. I mentioned a few posts up my comment from burner account (house of scrounging) must have been spotted by them as I was blocked from HOH.

Just looked and now also blocked from FOD page.

Hi SODs 👋🏼

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Fucker was almost down to 960k but has been on a bot buying session. He’s a fucking embarrassing twat! Why would Russian teens follow him unless they were being paid? Oh do fuck off Slymon. We know your game. Despite his purchases he’s down by 1607 since Tuesday but should be well over 2000. Sticking plaster!

• Angry
  • Wow

Axatogrind

VIP Member
For all his declaring "this isn't about me", he certainly uses the words "I", "me" and "my" a lot in his 4-story statement.

His spelling, grammar and entire writing style also show a sudden improvement. Not buying it.

The last sentence, introducing resources for the "development [of] your own understanding" is not only patronising but shows how narrow minded he is to assume the reader is coming at this from the same perspective as him. Did he not think for one second how that might read to a person of colour?

• Heart

Antonina

Chatty Member
What I really can’t get over with is the fact that during a global pandemic, when businesses, in particular small businesses, are loosing money and will be struggling to survive, these two grabby tone-deaf people decide to launch their interior account, asking for spindles and, effectively, freebies. And not declaring ads.

• Heart
  • Haha
remember when someone came to this thread that had engaged with him post IWD and he was vile, expected her to explain it all then argued against it? He doesn’t even care about white women and he lives with 5 of them, usually that lot pretend fatherhood was their transformative awakening that women deserve rights too. Black women stand no fucking chance.

Also remember these people only have white friends despite Clem feigning growing up in south London (Kent tbh lol) and them moving to an ~up and coming suburb~ it must have actually been quite challenging to not acquire a single non white non middle class pal 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
He looks good in that photo. For a 50 year old.

Just read the comments on an earlier post. They really have a lot of fawning sheep followers eh? "Where is Clemmies dress from?" Then "I've ordered it"!!

Of course you have, you vapid, vacant sheep
Will look lovely with a chunky boot 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don’t mind it either - but I think Instagram has tricked me into thinking it’s modern and quirky.

It really isn’t.
It’s the sort of thing I’d honestly expect to see in a nice gastro pub in tonbridge wells or a mid priced boutique hotel in Norwich etc.

Places where it’ll get changed every 3-5 years to create the next set of photogenic product shots to get bookings? It’s not what I’d want to see every time I open my front door tbh it’d be fucking depressing.

• Haha

Rosieee

VIP Member
We’ve been bracing ourselves for the end multiple times but this one sure looks like a winner. What are we gonna do once this is over ?!

• Haha
  • Sad

ILoveUnicorns

VIP Member
It’s like she is too nervous to be fully on camera, she doesn’t look anywhere near as confident as she used too. She doesn’t want to make eye contact with the phone.

• Heart

Spoke

VIP Member
What ... the ... fuck?
This in a caption under a video of his home fest am dram with his four-year-old daughters.
what is wrong with him????
I’ve never encountered anyone so obsessed with sex. Absolute pervert. Maybe this is why he works from home, to protect everyone from his 1970s humour

• Haha
  • Sick

Jumbojet1251

Chatty Member
Gosh this is actually even worse!
That’s what it sounds like to me. Fod said that it wasn’t racism. Clemmie just didn’t like Candice. Fair enough. But it was Clemmie that says that she weaponises her race and uses it to stop conversation. Candice didn’t.

Racism can be spitting in someone’s face, not giving them the job, not mixing etc or it can be micro racism with hidden content. Sounds just like an entitled MC white woman using an undercurrent of tropes when talking to her contemporaries. Look at Candice! Isn’t she loud! Always had to mention she’s black doesn’t she girls! If she doesn’t agree with my white MC views she always has to mention that’s she black doesn’t she! Black girls! So problematic!

• Heart
Absolutely 💯 on your last sentence @heretoreaditall2019 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Oh! Not a pretty sight on a Sunday morning 🤢🤢🤢
Years ago I worked in a pub, Sunday shift. There was this bloke who’d come in every week, shirt and tie (estate agent I think) park up in his finance golf and spend the entire day trying to ponce a bit of coke of the other locals (rough pub... don’t ask). He’d leave his snotty coke tissues all over the bar and got in a fair few fights due to his monumentally dickish behaviour.
Anyway, long story short... he is the spit of FOD in this photo. The absolute spit 🤢🤢🤢

• Wow
  • Haha

Katools

Couple of interesting snap shots from an old interview with clemmie. So interestingly the twins room was going to be the big master bed room. Also, her selfish attitude really shines!!
OH, the irony that Slymon is now her ticket back in through the House of Horrors page. Also, the blatant lie that it's the sly twat that is all of a sudden cool enough to run an interior page. It beggars believe that they still have followers. Also, his blatant disrespect for mental health is infuriating. Karma is going to f#ck him up so bad and unfortunately it's his children that will suffer. Aand Clemmie's hair is a joke. WTAF.

• Haha