Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Titfer

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20200528-084438_Instagram.jpg

Why does he need to ask this? You would assume that there would be a parent group or at least a couple of other parents that they talk to?

My littlest is a social butterfly (so long as one of us is in the wings somewhere) and LOVES his pals. Every week we have a zoom football training, it's a bit shit but afterwards is the best bit where they giggle and chat about nonsense. He plays on the trampoline with his friend on his one on his garden on "house party" (locked room) etc

Our walks quite often include a route past their houses and wave from the window or a quick chat over the garden fence.

His friend moved to Oz and for the first few months we were guaranteed a weekly Saturday morning face time as she was feeling homesick - it was so lovely when they became less often....

What I mean is, this is just for engagement.... not a real request for advice..

Edit- of course it is, post up for 12 hours and zero interaction with the comments. At least Budget FOD responds.... even to criticism 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

OhMyWord

Chatty Member
I know it’s been written here before, but never let it be forgotten that the greedy SODs never needed a new kitchen in the first place.... it had had a fully fitted one installed during the proper renovation from the previous owners, which looked much better in my humble opinion!

It’s a draughty pile of bricks yet the reno was so completed that the SOD’s kept the curtain as a toilet door idea in the guest room and make out that it was their original idea.

• Haha
  • Heart

Gem74

VIP Member
Just the last few touches for their dressing room and now we're cooking! :p

View attachment 142883
Now as a kitchen it doesn’t look too bad! 🤣🤣

I’m gobsmacked as to why you would let someone take those photos to reuse. 🤦‍♀️
Anything for a freebie though...?

F6B82383-FE99-4A97-9982-80257985C455.jpeg

speechless! The hypocrisy! I mean you couldn’t make this shit up! 🤬🤬

Sorry last one!

I don’t recall hearing him speak up when his wife was called out for her stereotypical racist remarks 🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Thatsinglemum (aka Cathy) has posted to her stories about her experience being a guest on Clemmie's podcast. Suffice to say it was a less than desirable experience for which she was not financially reimbursed (despite the podcast being sponsored by Clarks thus making money for the OD's)

Check it out and maybe give her a follow - I began following her after listening to her on the podcast. She's smart, self deprecating and funny. I enjoy her content and feel pissed off for her that she was used as woke fodder for St Clem the Merciless.

• Wow

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I suspect Clembot’s a mixture of Labour supporter due to her being an NHS worker but deep inside her capitalist and materialistic heart there beats a tune for the blues.

I looked at vitamind as well. Really lovely page!

• Haha
  • Heart

Axatogrind

VIP Member
Google cache link to the Herringbone Kitchens feature for anyone who wishes to bid farewell (or quickly save it for posterity :geek:) ...

https://webcache.googleusercontent....+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b-d

My personal favourite quotes:
  • "I don't think Will realised how many shoes I had until I showed him!" (um.... OK Clemmie)
  • "ultimately it had to look like a dressing room and not a kitchen!" (LOL!)
  • "It's a statement piece in the room, [...] having a worktop means you can chuck your clothes on there if you haven't put them away" (isn't the WHOLE POINT of all that storage to, you know, put your shit away? :LOL:)

• Haha
  • Wow

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Him and Gimme making breakfast this morning on stories, having such a laugh together! Please spare us...🙄
Saw that ... my thoughts exactly! Spare us your cutesy pseudo-whimsical banter while Clembot nibbles good-naturedly on a crust of bread. Why is she always just out of shot as well? It’s like she’s nervous of showing her full self. Like ‘Hi guys! I’m here for everyone who misses and loves me! But I’m not for those who still have a problem!’

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

Plinkplonk

Chatty Member
Probably about to get blocked as I've just reminded them that they had previously stated the tiles and bedside lamps were gifted.

• Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Looks like it! The grabs are in her thread but here are a few of them (the internet doesn't forget, Susie) View attachment 144426
Fucking disgusting, really. I don’t care if she’s owning it now, or apologising. The fact is, she once thought those things were funny enough to post on a public platform. And she was stupid enough to forget about them until now. Fuck off with your retrospective self-awareness!!!!!!!!

• Heart

frostily

VIP Member
I though FOD posted himself out on a bike ride during this supposed isolation period of theirs?
I believe there wasn’t a 14 day period where he didn’t post from outside his house. So unless he’d filmed a ton of crap from before getting sick, and posted it during their self isolation, he did not stay home for 14 days straight.

• Heart

Heretoread84

There's tea to be spilled about budget Clemmie. I've just looked at her Twitter and she's deleted everything pre April 2019 -but has likes going back to 2017. Probably wanted to delete her association with MoD and FoD.

• Wow

Emmadale

VIP Member
I believe there wasn’t a 14 day period where he didn’t post from outside his house. So unless he’d filmed a ton of crap from before getting sick, and posted it during their self isolation, he did not stay home for 14 days straight.
He also deleted the post about it which made it seem dodgy! And didn’t he back track and say he didn’t even get tested?!

• Heart

OhhBacon

VIP Member
MOD's obviously feeling like she's finished her penance and it's safe to come back. I so look forward to the day the yummy mummy lunches and brunches restart, along Clemmie trots in a new M&S frock, re-activating her Instagram account en route ready to story the event she's been sent an invite to, only to get there and find she's seated opposite..... Candice.
😂
I would sign up to be an influencer, sell all my privacy, advertise anything and buy 100k followers if it meant I could be the room when Candice sets eyes on Clemmie!!!

• Haha

Pink Post It

Chatty Member
Two things - it proves that nothing Clementine has had done in their draughty pile of bricks was as a result of her own creativity. She’s just a money grabbing copycat.

Also, the HOH account (aka Clementine) recently declared the stairs as not fit for purpose and in dire need of replacement, when in fact most of them were brand new staircases, or fully renovated by previous owners.

Just highlights how incredibly dumb they both are that they don’t think anyone will see through their blatant dishonesty and deceit.

• Heart

Wolf359

Chatty Member
I'm currently in the sleep gadget phase of my research now and finding it difficult, I'm looking at those sleep suits that safely swaddle them (I'm scared of doing it myself because of the hip dysplasia stuff, or accidentally wrapping her too tight) and I feel guilty for thinking the cheaper (we're talking £18 vs. >£30 not like £1.50 vs £50 where you'd genuinely be like...how the fuck is that possible) ones actually look better as she'll have free arms to self soothe & it'll be summer so hot, like I MUST be wrong with that why else would they be more expensive?! I dread to think how it'll be if/when she does struggle with sleep :/ !!

and good catch on private insta. They won't be able to post their zoom party or social event pics anymore either lest CH manages to get into the frame :(! Bless em x
Tangent: don't overthink the swaddling thing. A large muslin will do. My daughter fucking hated being swaddled. She was an enormous birthweight and I think she was glad to get out of there and stretch out. Tried it once and she let me know in no uncertain terms not to do it again!

I didn't really bother swaddling my second either. I just kind of forgot? He probably would have enjoyed it more because he's a big old cuddle bug. These things seem so important at the time, but in the long run they don't really matter.

I remember, years ago, when my first born was three weeks old and I left her at home with my husband while I went to the corner shop for some emergency chocolate. The queue was mega long and I had proper anxiety about how long it was taking in case she would think I had abandoned her and start missing me. LOL. She's in the other room on an iPad right now and could literally give zero fucks.

• Haha
  • Heart

2020two

Chatty Member
You’re aware and you’ll be fine! Sorry to hear about the job though.

The thing is, is when you are a new mum (and this is my personal experience) you suddenly have a lot of time on your hands - some days you literally don’t get off the sofa when your baby is growing through a growth spurt! To be honest, it can be really bloody boring, especially if you come from a challenging job (and I mean this in the nicest way - being a mum is amazing but it doesn’t require mental stimulation.) So you start wondering why you’re feeling that way and like you say, somethings going to fill the gap.

Instagram wasn’t around when my eldest was born, but by the time my youngest was born I wasn’t interested in social media much. But I did hang around a “mamas” forum, which looking back was very cringe and there was a lot of squuuuueeeeing over new products etc. I did go through a stage of buying lots of wooden toys imported from Germany which were easy on the eye, but my baby preferred Fisher Price.

The thing is, is when you see through these influencers you can’t unsee it.

Just remember 99% of those on Instagram have an agenda. Follow inspiring people on there - gardeners, poets, mad artists, activists. People who make me think, not people who make you buy.

Honestly it’s such bullshit and yet another way to oppress women - keep telling them they’re broken.
Just want to say thanks for posting this. I'm a first time mum of twins (18 weeks old now) and all 3 of us are on the sofa in PJ's watching our second film of the day while they cling to my boobs currently. I love my career and am an academic so it's eally bloody hard to suddenly stop using my brain the way I'm used to. I think that's why I like commenting on here - as it's engaging to talk to all you ladies. On top of that my partner had to move out 12 weeks ago as he works with Covid patients. Insta mum's make me feel like shit. I followed the Hooper's when I found out I was pregnant with twins but all they really did was show me overpriced crap, perfect Scandinavian wooden toys and that twins should always be perfectly coordinated or you're crap. The winner in my house is the most obnoxiously loud musical playmatt from Fischer Price. Thanks for making me feel normal 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 18