MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone really uncomfortable with FOD posting the picture of Ottilie on the naughty chair? A few comments saying it’s bad but loads of people saying how funny it is. I wouldn’t post a photo of my child unhappy for stranger’s amusement. Never posted on here before but it really disgusted me. Especially when you zoom in on the mirror and see him taking the photo while MOD looks on. It’s so dysfunctional.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
They could parent the way they think best for their child’s well being and development, keep it private and move on.

These two think about what will do well on the ‘gram and didn’t think what is best for the child , just what’s good for them.

It’s tit that they use their children like this .

Reactions: 6
Anyone really uncomfortable with FOD posting the picture of Ottilie on the naughty chair? A few comments saying it’s bad but loads of people saying how funny it is. I wouldn’t post a photo of my child unhappy for stranger’s amusement. Never posted on here before but it really disgusted me. Especially when you zoom in on the mirror and see him taking the photo while MOD looks on. It’s so dysfunctional.
That second pic. They are such an appalling pair. There is a great comment from a very (brave) therapist.

But then the fans wade in and stop any reasonable challenge. MOD/FOD happily allow this to happen.

Vile people

That second pic. They are such an appalling pair. There is a great comment from a very (brave) therapist.
Assuming she is a therapist ( you can’t believe all one reads online, I’m hoping she is) the way she’s been dismissed by the oD’s fans is quite breathtaking .

They are a grim couple.

Reactions: 8
Omg of course the holiday couldn’t possibly have gone by ad free! Won’t allow me to attach a screenshot but Simon is sat by the pool loving life and it’s a bloody ad for Superga!!! NOTHING IS SACRED!!

Reactions: 5
They are such an appalling pair. There is a great comment from a very (brave) therapist.
Excellent comment by the therapist. MOD seems to be contradicting FOD’s post, to defend herself, by suggesting she rarely uses this method of punishment. There are arguments for and against use of a ‘time out’ place, however what is unquestionably unacceptable is taking and then sharing a photo of a toddler you have caused distress to with 1m random followers on the internet.

Omg of course the holiday couldn’t possibly have gone by ad free! Won’t allow me to attach a screenshot but Simon is sat by the pool loving life and it’s a bloody ad for Superga!!! NOTHING IS SACRED!!
I saw that post before spotting the #AD. My first thought was what strange poolside attire, my second was to question where his socks are, and my third was an observation that his trainers need a wash. If I was Superga I would want my money back for that effort.

Reactions: 4
He deleted it as I was reading the comment from the therapist!

I do think different approaches work for different children but if you put your parenting on the internet you have got to expect opinions - especially polite ones from people who know what they are talking about! And I’d never put a photo of my upset child on the internet.

Reactions: 9
He's deleted it.. this is what MOD replied to the psychologist just before it disappeared.

Imagine if someone tried to claim MOD shouldn't give midwifery/birthing advice? Her entire social media presence and selling point is built on that!!

MOD standing there in the mirror knowing FOD was taking a photo to upload and humiliate their child to hundreds of thousands of people is disgusting, after all her assurances that she wouldn't do it anymore. Horrible people.

2019-05-31 (2).png

Reactions: 4
He's deleted it.. this is what MOD replied to the psychologist just before it disappeared.

Imagine if someone tried to claim MOD shouldn't give midwifery/birthing advice? Her entire social media presence and selling point is built on that!!

MOD standing there in the mirror knowing FOD was taking a photo to upload and humiliate their child to hundreds of thousands of people is disgusting, after all her assurances that she wouldn't do it anymore. Horrible people.

View attachment 20615
Problem with this argument Clemmie, is that your husband posted it for likes and amusement to one million people.

Reactions: 18
Yes - I agree that you can’t claim you have expertise as a midwife one moment and then say that other people’s expertise doesn’t matter the next!

Reactions: 9
He deleted it as I was reading the comment from the therapist!

I do think different approaches work for different children but if you put your parenting on the internet you have got to expect opinions - especially polite ones from people who know what they are talking about! And I’d never put a photo of my upset child on the internet.
I’ve just unfollowed someone , they posted stories of their very young , distressed children in the bath. I commented ; saying it was uncomfortable viewing and unnecessary.

They replied saying it was to show that child rearing wasn’t all smooth sailing, I responded by saying there’s no need to show such intimate family moments to internet strangers.

There are some very stupid naive people out there, idiots!

View attachment 20615
Just when you think they can’t get worse , they do, realise they’ve got it wrong and delete and pretend it never happened.

Someone a few pages back mentioned that her intelligence shouldn’t be criticised( I’m paraphrasing) , here’s a prime example of why it can be.

Reactions: 5
Beyond gross. I have complained to Superga (who of course won't listen). Really hope the press pick up on these two soon.

Reactions: 1
Those kids are living in the Truman Show. I can’t see how they can fail to grow up not affected by all of this. Totally confusing messages - we are going to give you time out because you’ve misbehaved, but then we are going to give you lots of attention by taking pictures of you and sharing them with thousands of strangers. I find it so wrong. But what do I know? So many people think they’re the bees-knees 🤷‍♀️

Those kids are living in the Truman Show. I can’t see how they can fail to grow up not affected by all of this. Totally confusing messages - we are going to give you time out because you’ve misbehaved, but then we are going to give you lots of attention by taking pictures of you and sharing them with thousands of strangers. I find it so wrong. But what do I know? So many people think they’re the bees-knees 🤷‍♀️

I say it in most of the family threads, there needs to be some form of law/protection towards the children of influencers.

Reactions: 14
Yes I am, very much. Especially when I immediately spotted both MOD and FOD in the mirror, looking as if they were taking/discussing the photo. Taking the photo is one thing, when my boys were little I am sure I have taken photos of meltdowns etc (mind you this was analogue and no social to post to) but they were for ME. As a future memory for ME (and their dad of course) to look back on and reminisce. And I am equally sure I must have DISCUSSED these meltdowns etc with others, you know, friends, family. But not with the entire world. If they feel they want to discuss child rearing and its ups and downs, can't they do that without showing these images of their own private moments?

And another thing: I was very tempted to chime in when I read the response of the child therapist. Not to voice my opinion on time-outs but on the whole fact they deliberately took that photo and then posted it. But I got scared seeing as that poor therapist was the only one at that point voicing her concern and opinion and the backlash she got. How sad is that, that I chickened out? So maybe that is what I should be telling MOD and FOD: if I feel that way, afraid to comment if it is the unpopular one, then surely there must be more people like me. And ask them if that is not something to think about, for them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Completely agree. But MOD has form for happily letting the fan girls tear apart anyone who dares disagree or possibly criticise.

Helps the echo chamber

Reactions: 10
....... and a timely reminder of what bullying, humiliating parenting looks like #anythingforthelike
Yes I am, very much. Especially when I immediately spotted both MOD and FOD in the mirror, looking as if they were taking/discussing the photo. Taking the photo is one thing, when my boys were little I am sure I have taken photos of meltdowns etc (mind you this was analogue and no social to post to) but they were for ME. As a future memory for ME (and their dad of course) to look back on and reminisce. And I am equally sure I must have DISCUSSED these meltdowns etc with others, you know, friends, family. But not with the entire world. If they feel they want to discuss child rearing and its ups and downs, can't they do that without showing these images of their own private moments?

And another thing: I was very tempted to chime in when I read the response of the child therapist. Not to voice my opinion on time-outs but on the whole fact they deliberately took that photo and then posted it. But I got scared seeing as that poor therapist was the only one at that point voicing her concern and opinion and the backlash she got. How sad is that, that I chickened out? So maybe that is what I should be telling MOD and FOD: if I feel that way, afraid to comment if it is the unpopular one, then surely there must be more people like me. And ask them if that is not something to think about, for them?
Really well said. MoD/FoD are sufficiently thin-skinned that they threaten legal action to people who call out their bullying, humiliating behaviour and only operate in an echo chamber. Hopefully advertisers will come to see this as a turn off for normal people who don't subscribe to "reality" norms.

Reactions: 7
I’m really shocked at MODs patronising reply. Ha! I really hope she gets a similar response when she next tries to post something about her midwifery expertise

I bet there was a tense atmosphere at the chateau last night , they really are a couple of dim idiots.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.