Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredofthem

Clementine Churchill was the wife of Winston, and a peer in her own right. I can't see her sporting a nose ring like Clemmie H. I think nose rings are common and really hope she doesn't wear it when she's on duty.
I wear a nose ring (on duty) , I’m educated , work hard and I’m not rich. I am professional and do my best in my job. My choice of nose ring doesn’t impact on my ability to do my job.

Reactions: 10

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Wonder if she ever stops to think that the negativity on IG has come about because of her and her ilk. Covert selling tactics, constantly on the beg, showing your kids in compromising situations and all for a fast buck. Instagram sure ain’t what it used to be.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Off topic, but it really annoys me that they’re called ‘lists’. They’re not lists, they’re more like bullet points for an article that Telford couldn’t be bothered to write up properly. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
It’s against uniform policy to have a necklace on - she absolutely would have known she was wearing one.

It’s part of the same formula. Just had a super glamorous holiday / flogging free stuff means she needs to pop a little reminder she’s a poor hardworking NHS midwife.

She does it all the time.

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
Tell me I'm not the only one experiencing a fairly high level of delight that their holiday seems shite for once!? Actually nice to see them not getting the lovely weather and tropical surroundings, and having to plod about in macs, in France, like mere peasants (ie, the rest of us. When we can afford it).

• Haha

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
I remember reading a post on MOD's old gas and air blog about one of their first mother's days together. This was back when they lived in a damp flat and she was mortified as FOD took her to Nandos. She was so snobby about it, as if he'd made an unforgivable error. I remember thinking that for some of her readers a lunch in Nandos would be considered a treat, especially for new, young parents without much disposable income.

Why is Marnie being a carer for her younger siblings? She often seems like she's working very hard for her parents' approval.
I bloody love a Nando’s. Perfect kids venue IMO. No messing about waiting for the bill at the end, everyone can get off their tits on free refills and the food is tolerated by all ages.

#prayformarnie - can only hope that FOD just made it up for content. God knows how much of The Hooper Sitcom is real anyway. I don’t believe the sofa/vasectomy sale was anything but staged. Down to telling a twin to hit him. Probably taken last week.

Aabbcc

Gawd CJ Brough sycophantically thanking MOD for “generously” sharing their vasectomy journey.

So generous. Up there with reviewing the Caribbean for us.

I didn’t think MOD was that overbearing but her comment makes it seem like she’s totally overbearing. “Make it feel like his decision”.... surely it should actually BE his decision?! Imagine the furore if a man made a comment about letting his wife “feel” it was her decision to have another baby or so on.
This really rubbed me the wrong way. It’s already been discussed previously about how their move seemed to be all about what MOD wanted than what FOD wanted and it kind of makes me feel sad for him because it does seem as though he doesn’t really get a say in how things are. Also there are non-hormonal contraceptives (I had a copper coil which can stay in for up to 10 years and no hormones) and I understand that there’s a huge debate about whether women should be responsible for contraception but I don’t think it’s fair that she’s made the decision for him. There would be uproar if he’d decided she should be sterilised instead.

‘Harmful’ gender stereotypes in adverts banned

Oh, also has anyone else noticed the new rules that have come in today over gender stereotypes in adverts?

• Adverts which show a man or a woman failing at a task because of their gender, like a man failing to change a nappy or a woman failing to park.
I feel like this might affect how FOD stages his entire instapresence. Surely his posts about his failing to complete Clemmie’e lists when she goes away without the help of Gusto orDettol or whatever would fall foul of this now?

Last edited:

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
In the comments he says that Clemmie pre approved the post!! How embarrassing is that!
Did Clemmie pre approve the potty post, or the in the bath posts, or the whatsapp post?

If my husband posted any of those online, I'd have deleted them straight away, they all cross a line.

Yel

Chatty Member
I don’t think either would read the content on Tattle and then take note, they have a combined following of millions and they swat the negative comments away with ease.
You'd think so, but no they've threatened legal action over removing these threads.

He needs to publicly apologise to his daughter, just deleting a few hours later and not acknowledging he was out of order isn't acceptable.

• Wow

NoHellNo

I'd love for them to take legal action against their 'haters'. Imagine them in court trying to defend pimping out their kids on social media for money, having to admit the kids have no shares in the family business so legally not entitled to money for their exploitation, and the media who already hate them and exposed their shit parenting ripping into them even more plus the public backlash they'll get for trying to stifle free speech and opinions on content they willingly put into the public sphere. Try it MOD and FOD, we'll love it <3 <3 <3

faceface

Anyone really uncomfortable with FOD posting the picture of Ottilie on the naughty chair? A few comments saying it’s bad but loads of people saying how funny it is. I wouldn’t post a photo of my child unhappy for stranger’s amusement. Never posted on here before but it really disgusted me. Especially when you zoom in on the mirror and see him taking the photo while MOD looks on. It’s so dysfunctional.
Yes I am, very much. Especially when I immediately spotted both MOD and FOD in the mirror, looking as if they were taking/discussing the photo. Taking the photo is one thing, when my boys were little I am sure I have taken photos of meltdowns etc (mind you this was analogue and no social to post to) but they were for ME. As a future memory for ME (and their dad of course) to look back on and reminisce. And I am equally sure I must have DISCUSSED these meltdowns etc with others, you know, friends, family. But not with the entire world. If they feel they want to discuss child rearing and its ups and downs, can't they do that without showing these images of their own private moments?

And another thing: I was very tempted to chime in when I read the response of the child therapist. Not to voice my opinion on time-outs but on the whole fact they deliberately took that photo and then posted it. But I got scared seeing as that poor therapist was the only one at that point voicing her concern and opinion and the backlash she got. How sad is that, that I chickened out? So maybe that is what I should be telling MOD and FOD: if I feel that way, afraid to comment if it is the unpopular one, then surely there must be more people like me. And ask them if that is not something to think about, for them?

Last edited:

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I do still like the name Clementine, I like nose rings and have no issue with a medical professional having whatever piercings or adornments they fancy.
MOD is a very attractive looking woman and FOD is a normal guy. I have nothing to say regarding looks aside from his gurning and her teeth, which although I think are too big for her mouth there’s no doubt it’s boosted her confidence and smile, which is all that’s important.
However they sell their kids and make pots of money influencing people, they mislead and flog and use people. Often both of them appear arrogant and out of touch. They seem unaware of their privilege.

Palm23

The two posts side by side amplified the awfulness. One twin publicly humiliated for being naughty and the other 'praised' for being a daddy's girl.

Whoknew

I think the issue is also that they are using their NHS employee status to give their #Ads credibility, which is ethically dubious, IMO

Slatternly

She sounds like a self righteous virtue signaling 18 year old in that story! ‘I’m going to Glastonbury instead!’ She’s so hyper aware of protecting an image of being woke and edgy but it just reeks of sixth former.

And yes. If she’s so worried about the links between public exposure and mental health she’s best check her own actions.

And the lip service mention of diversity!! You couldn’t make it up...

spacebake

I’m confused by her sharing her place of work and uniform on social media . My hospital policy states that I am strictly not allowed to share a photo of myself that indicates where I work , especially not in my scrubs and I know of staff members that have had a disciplinary because they have done just that 🤔

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I would say on Kings' labour ward it is rare to have a really quiet night and is perfectly possible to deliver 2-3 babies a shift, and have to do cannulation/administer iv drugs/suture a perineum/resuscitate a baby/pull the emergency buzzer (and the rest.... 12.5 hours is a long time!) .
Of course, she's not getting as much experience as someone working say 3 shifts a week, but it is pushing it to say she's becoming deskilled. And actually you only have to do 150hrs a year to stay on the register (which equates to about one shift a month). I'm not a fan but I equally don't like people dismissing and doubting a midwife's knowledge and skill base when they don't really have any experience themselves in that field.
Not dismissing and doubting a midwifes knowledge at all. And of course during a shift you could deliver several babies, particularly in the busy hospitals.
I am however suggesting that this woman’s career is as an influencer. She is not trying to further herself as a midwife, it’s no longer her passion like it was in the early days. She works one shift a week as a midwife and 3-5 days as an influencer. I haven’t said she’s ‘deskilled’, however she’s being asked to speak as a midwife and using it to gain fame and attention but it’s as part time as possible. Often she’s away on Mondays on her holidays or events. So it really is minimum monthly hours.
Her books were terrible. Absolutely terrible. I bought the first one as a gift and it was shockingly bad.
And yes I have had experience of the profession and if I was in that area due to give birth I would refuse her as my midwife and ask for another. I don’t think she is doing the profession any favours. But I don’t think that’s her aim so I’m sure she really wouldn’t care what was said on here.
Her post was good though and so was FOD’s last post.

• Heart