MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uughh...he's even sharing the fact that he has a clean pair of pants ready after the deed has been done ✂✂. Do men like this jerk? I don't know any men that could relate to him , they'd rip him to pieces with their banter...he wouldn't last two minutes prancing around his super skinny jeans dancing with a mop. 🤪
I was thinking about if men relate to him yesterday. I imagined him talking to my other half on the school playground and I could see my OH walking away and saying what a dick! And if he even dared to do that dad dance infront of any man I know he would be a laughing stock. That dance makes me want to stab myself in the eyes. 🔪 👀

Reactions: 6
Gawd CJ Brough sycophantically thanking MOD for “generously” sharing their vasectomy journey.

So generous. Up there with reviewing the Caribbean for us.

I didn’t think MOD was that overbearing but her comment makes it seem like she’s totally overbearing. “Make it feel like his decision”.... surely it should actually BE his decision?! Imagine the furore if a man made a comment about letting his wife “feel” it was her decision to have another baby or so on.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Gawd CJ Brough sycophantically thanking MOD for “generously” sharing their vasectomy journey.

I didn’t think MOD was that overbearing but her comment makes it seem like she’s totally overbearing. “Make it feel like his decision”.... surely it should actually BE his decision?! Imagine the furore if a man made a comment about letting his wife “feel” it was her decision to have another baby or so on.
That one small phrase has really devalued that post in my opinion. It's not talking him into agreeing to the bathroom tiles you like!! I think vasectomy or tubal ligation should be a decision that you make together, when you as a couple are ready for it.

Reactions: 3
There's no bleeping stigma around vasectomies!! Just that normal people don't feel the need to attention seek all over the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

This really rubbed me the wrong way. It’s already been discussed previously about how their move seemed to be all about what MOD wanted than what FOD wanted and it kind of makes me feel sad for him because it does seem as though he doesn’t really get a say in how things are. Also there are non-hormonal contraceptives (I had a copper coil which can stay in for up to 10 years and no hormones) and I understand that there’s a huge debate about whether women should be responsible for contraception but I don’t think it’s fair that she’s made the decision for him. There would be uproar if he’d decided she should be sterilised instead.

‘Harmful’ gender stereotypes in adverts banned

Oh, also has anyone else noticed the new rules that have come in today over gender stereotypes in adverts?

• Adverts which show a man or a woman failing at a task because of their gender, like a man failing to change a nappy or a woman failing to park.
I feel like this might affect how FOD stages his entire instapresence. Surely his posts about his failing to complete Clemmie’e lists when she goes away without the help of Gusto orDettol or whatever would fall foul of this now?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Oh for goodness sake, I find mod as irritating as the rest of you but I very much doubt he would have this procedure if he didn't want to.

Reactions: 5
Oh for goodness sake, I find mod as irritating as the rest of you but I very much doubt he would have this procedure if he didn't want to.
Did you not read her comment at the start of her post? Can you imagine if he said that about her?

Reactions: 4
Did you not read her comment at the start of her post? Can you imagine if he said that about her?
That’s the thing! If it was a man letting a woman feel she’d made the decision we’d all be screaming LTB at our phones & sending her links for coercive control and refuges.

I agree. I think they like playing “she wears the trousers” characters. I also think comments about Simon not being able to have more children if they split up probably wouldn’t be said in reverse, if Clemmie had opted for (more invasive) sterilisation. He’s had four children and the world is full enough.

Dare I put my head above the parapet to whisper that, for once, I found his stories today quite interesting. We’ve concluded our family so it was useful (y’know, in the absence of a worldwide search engine 🤨) to hear an account of first-hand experience.

Still waiting on counting the hashtags and metaphors in tonight’s grid post though!

I’m not saying he didn’t agree to having the procedure, he’s put it off for two years, probably because it’s taken that long for him to decide he’s okay with it, which is fine and I understand why (when I had my coil fitted I had a mini freak out because ten years is a long time but that can be easily removed if required) a lifelong procedure is a big decision.
What I didn’t like is that she made it sound as though she’s spent those two years going on and on at him about it so he’s finally rolled over and let her have her way and about how their entire relationship is based on that dynamic.
It’s a little overdue but like anything in our relationship he needs time to come around to the idea and feel like ultimately it is his decision.

Reactions: 2
That’s the thing! If it was a man letting a woman feel she’d made the decision we’d all be screaming LTB at our phones & sending her links for coercive control and refuges.
Could you imagine the Mumsnet outrage?! However I do think her comment was tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. Simon is hardly going to read her post, then kick himself in the (now defunct) balls, thinking that he’s been tricked against his will.

Reactions: 2
Oh god, another podcast? All of the popular Instamums all seem to have podcasts and all have each other on as guests. It’s a neverending circlejerk.
And so bloody boring too! They have no concept of the real world and real struggles and I can’t think of anything I’d like to listen to less - can you imagine it? A gaggle of insta mums bigging each other up and comparing birth stories. All of us with children have been through this and along comes St Clemmie, the font of all knowledge on many topics, going on about how empowering it is sharing birth stories. If I’d heard about someone’s birth in minute details before I’d had children it probably would have put me right off 😂

Reactions: 5
Could you imagine the Mumsnet outrage?! However I do think her comment was tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. Simon is hardly going to read her post, then kick himself in the (now defunct) balls, thinking that he’s been tricked against his will.
I agree with this. I think it was a poorly judged joke. And if she’s given birth to four kids, a vasectomy is the least he can manage.
However, I do not wish to see the OD’s ‘raising awareness’ or ‘opening up a conversation’ around it. Is nothing they do private?

Her writing has given the impression that he was resisting a vasectomy and has finally given in to the inevitability that their family was complete.

It’s all about what Clemmie wants and needs. It might be a joint decision between them but their social media presence almost always appears to present her as the dominant decision maker and he looks overpowered and weak.

Anything he does is followed up by him having to apologise or be concerned at her reaction on returning home .

I agree with this. I think it was a poorly judged joke. And if she’s given birth to four kids, a vasectomy is the least he can manage.
However, I do not wish to see the OD’s ‘raising awareness’ or ‘opening up a conversation’ around it. Is nothing they do private?
I have to say that I agree that, given she’s given birth to four kids, it’s the least he can do. I very much doubt he is doing it against his will. The whole thing of her running the show is their “sitcom” style performance. He needs to win over mums on insta by being a hapless father just trying to keep wifey happy.

I actually liked her original premise with gas & air and the birth stories. That’s how I found her. To be fair, you’d expect a few birth stories from a midwife 😄 I would just like it if she’d stuck to being a midwife talking about birth and not a money grabbing person pushing her kids in front of the camera. But that’s just me...

I have to say that I agree that, given she’s given birth to four kids, it’s the least he can do. I very much doubt he is doing it against his will. The whole thing of her running the show is their “sitcom” style performance. He needs to win over mums on insta by being a hapless father just trying to keep wifey happy.

I actually liked her original premise with gas & air and the birth stories. That’s how I found her. To be fair, you’d expect a few birth stories from a midwife 😄 I would just like it if she’d stuck to being a midwife talking about birth and not a money grabbing person pushing her kids in front of the camera. But that’s just me...
Totally agree. They are acting out a sitcom world, directed and scripted by an agent. Just totally lacking authenticity and built on exploiting their children. Gross, gross people.

Totally agree. They are acting out a sitcom world, directed and scripted by an agent. Just totally lacking authenticity and built on exploiting their children. Gross, gross people.
This is what I think whenever they are together in stories, they are SO fake. She’s always the twee little giddy girlie and he’s always larking around. It means that when they tackle these subjects there’s an odd tone. It’s like when he tried to do male mental health. You cant use the hapless, useless dad as a brand and then expect serious issues to work well. She comes across terribly, so controlling and selfish. It’s very odd. If my husband posted about me in the way he does I’d be hurt, and she just trampled over everyone in such a clumsy way.
Completely agree with liking her as a midwife.

Anything he does is followed up by him having to apologise or be concerned at her reaction on returning home .
This is my biggest (among many) frustration with FOD. He loves to play the dutiful husband role. Every time she is out he does the whole ‘solo inept parenting’ thing, highlighting that she’s out having fun, while he’s ‘hands-on dad’ at home. He wants to be fawned over by his adoring fans. I find it passive aggressive, like he’s trying to slyly insinuate that he’s the good parent and she’s out too much. #modernman #arentiamazing #21stcenturyguy

He loves to play the martyr and look like the one keeping the home fires burning yet enjoys the passive aggressive ‘duck you’ messages he sends her via his feed to the fans.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.